LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » Dr. Jones needs YOU! And YOU DID IT! Update posted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr. Jones needs YOU! And YOU DID IT! Update posted
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What Started in CT, Stops in CT!

The harassment and persecution of Dr. J must stop now!

The Department of Public Health is using tax-payer's money for an unprecedented five year long witch hunt against the world's most successful Lyme treating pediatrician, for making children better! Enough is enough!

Governor Rell must take charge and sanction the Department of Public Health and the Medical Examining Board for their egregious behavior in order to end this ongoing harassment that affects all Lyme patients and their doctors.

Our mission is to tell Governor Rell, EVERY DAY, that this is totally unacceptable.

No more interference in our treatment, no more monitors, no more fines, no more prosecutions, no more wasting tax-payers money and no more using loop holes in the CT physician protection law to carry out an agenda that sets detrimental precedent for all Lyme treating physicians.

We will continue on this course of action as long as Governor Rell allows these injustices to continue.

Starting April 1, 2010 we are asking everyone (all states) to start contacting Governor Rell, and contacting her every day.

Call or email, it's your choice. Just do it every day! We will not stop until our right to be treated is no longer threatened.

Governor M. Jodi Rell Phone Toll-Free: 800-406-1527

Email [email protected]

Sample Letter-

Dear Governor Rell,

Five years of ongoing harassment and prosecution of a doctor who is making children better is enough! Stop wasting taxpayer's money, stop the excessive fines, stop the monitoring and stop your Department of Public Health and the Medical Examining Board from interfering with Dr. J and our right to be treated.

Thank you,

Your name and address

Sample Telephone Blurb- I am calling concerning the ongoing persecution of Dr. Jones. We need Dr. J to be able to treat children and to not be sanctioned and punished for making children better.

[Then tell them YOUR story about Lyme disease. Do not mention your doctor's name or specific protocols.]

Call or email the office every day until we have justice for Dr. J!

For more information http://www.lymerights.org/Letter_from_Dr__Jones_Feb_2010.pdf

We will send out weekly updates to inform you of the progress being made and additional actions.

Thank you!

Lyme Rights

[ 04-16-2010, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Tincup ]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Day 2- Reminder to call or write a note.

Thanks!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The harassment and persecution of Dr. J must stop now!"

Don't you mean the harassment and persecution by disgruntled spouses who don't want to pay the bill?

It truly is a shame that Dr. J got caught.
His intentions may have been good and noble- but we all know about the road to hell-and this certainly has led in that direction.

What started in CT should have stopped in Ct a long time ago- like maybe 5 years with the first sanction. Instead it has dragged the whole Lyme Community into one appeal after another.

Fortunately, Dr. J has vowed to continue his practice-and hopefully will confine it to patients he has seen in his office before prescribing or diagnosing.

Lyme is a family disease which puts a lot of stress on family relationships.There are probably more families wanting to take their anger out on someone. So it is my fervent wish that he stay within the boundaries of correct procedure and not stick his neck out again.

If he goes down- we all lose. Our children have a right to be treated in his office.

[ 04-03-2010, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: sixgoofykids ]

Posts: 365 | From Sylvania | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Michigan advocate suggested the kids write letters too. Great idea!

They can be emailed on the weekend if it is easier for families.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Happy Easter!

May I suggest those who may be headed to church or who will saying prayers today ....

Please keep Dr. Jones and his "kids" both in your hearts and in your prayers.

Thanks!

And don't forget to write the Governor!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

pepperspeck
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18837

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pepperspeck     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Tincup.

--------------------
I found my original identity! It has been a bit over 12 years...can't blame me for forgetting my password, right?!!

Member red (Member # 1886)
70 posts

Posts: 164 | From NJ | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calls to Gov Rell need to be made during business hours as there is no way to leave a message. Emails can be sent anytime. Here is her snail mail address too:

Governor M. Jodi Rell
Executive Office of the Governor
State Capitol
210 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, Connecticut 06106

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

The Governor's office said this morning that this isn't something she "typically" looks into. "Typically" was used a couple of times... so we may be able to change her mind if we keep letting her know how we feel.

When it was pointed out that this is HER job and HER employees that continue down this road of prosecution and there is a deadline for getting a monitor and paying another fine....

They said they don't know what she will do.

They did know about Dr. Jones and they did say they have been contacted by a number of people about it .... so you all are making them think about it and could possible make them take a closer look into the situation.

Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks pepper and lou for your help!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thread on this subject has apparently been removed from the medical forum, by the moderators presumably.

This subject needs to be on all the forums, especially medical because that is what most people read.

Isn't five years of persecution, $700K in legal expenses, and the "example" effect on other doctors and other states enough to warrant a post on medical? Geez. If we have no doctors, there will be no one to treat us and lymenet will become nothing but rife and other alternatives.

Please rethink this, moderators. IT IS REALLY IMPORTANT.

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

"Please rethink this, moderators."

I made my voice heard when it was taken out of Medical ... with no success, unfortunately.

It was moved to Activism by the moderators yesterday, I believe?

Because of that and since it was getting so diluted and excessive, I pulled it so we wouldn't have duplicate posts on the same topic, in the same section.

I would gladly put a new post about it in the Medical Section if members would stop complaining that we need to only have questions there about Lyme.

I personally feel without this action patients will be in jeopardy of losing their access to treatment, more doctors will go down (we've lost a few more recently) and LLMD's will not retain what little ability they have to treat all of us without being stomped on and prosecuted.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

BTW- "Stomped on and prosecuted" and the results of it ... like what happens in the corporate world when there is a big loss.... means YOU pay more for services IF you can still get them.

Cha-ching.....$$$$$

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:

I would gladly put a new post about it in the Medical Section if members would stop complaining that we need to only have questions there about Lyme.

but this came straight from the moderators that only posts regarding lyme were allowed in medical.

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Please share this with everyone you know. Thanks!

Dr. Jones Update- Monday, April 5, 2010

Dr. Charles R. Jones is facing an immediate and overwhelming financial burden due to fines and costly sanctions placed on him by the Connecticut Medical Examining Board.

What we are sadly witnessing is the persecution of a Lyme-treating doctor for his successful approach in fighting this complex and controversial disease that very few in the medical field will adequately address.

FROM THE OFFICE OF DR. JONES AND HIS DEDICATED STAFF-

We extend a special thank you to all and want you to know we continue to do all we can to be here for you and the children. Dr. Jones has been fighting very hard to keep going. Now he needs your support, each and everyone of you!

If you could take one minute every day to help him we would be grateful!

UPDATE FROM GOVERNOR'S OFFICE- The Governor's office stated today that Dr. Charles Ray Jones situation isn't something the Governor "typically" looks into, however, with your continuing efforts we may be able to encourage her to take a closer look at the repeated targeting and prosecution of Dr. Jones. It's up to you to make this happen!

ONGOING ACTIONS- Please continue contacting Governor Rell every day until she takes steps to stop the ongoing actions against Dr. Jones.

Parents and children who are visiting Dr. Jones office are writing notes and drawing pictures to encourage the Governor to help them. They need your help.

Contact information for Governor M. Jodi Rell:

Phone Toll-Free: 1-800-406-1527

Email [email protected]

Send mail to- Governor M. Jodi Rell
Executive Office of the Governor
State Capitol
210 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, Connecticut 06106

NEW ACTIONS- LET THE MEDIA KNOW! Please contact a Connecticut newspaper (Letter to the Editor) with your concerns about Lyme disease and the continuing targeting of Dr. Jones. Remember many papers have word limits (200 or less) and you must send original letters.

CT Residents- to find a newspaper in your area, see the link below.

http://www.50states.com/news/conn.htm

If you live outside of Connecticut please contact one of the following papers.

NEW HAVEN REGISTER- [email protected]

CONNECTICUT POST- [email protected]

GREENWICH TIMES- [email protected]

DANBURY NEWS TIMES- [email protected]

HARTFORT COURANT- Submit your letter on this form:
http://www.courant.com/about/thc-letters,0,2338372.customform

For information and facts concerning Dr. Jones situation:
http://www.lymerights.org/Letter_from_Dr__Jones_Feb_2010.pdf

HOW TO DONATE TO THE LEGAL DEFENSE FUND: There is no doubt Lyme Disease has drained us financially. Many of us have had to refinance homes, exhaust college and retirement funds and borrow from family and friends.

It is with sensitivity to this reality that we are asking you to join us in contributing to this effort in what ever way you can. The deadline for paying the $10,000.00 fine is approaching fast (April 15, 2010) and there are mounting legal fees that need to be paid to keep Dr. Jones legal defense intact.

To donate- write ``Penalty or Gift'' in the memo field of your checks.

Payable to: Pullman & Comley Trust Account-for Dr. Charles Jones

Mail to: Elliott B. Pollack, Esquire
c/o Pullman & Comley, LLC
90 State House Square
Hartford, CT 06103-3702

PayPal instructions are posted here:
http://lymesite.com/DrJones_please_send_a_contribution_to_th.htm

Please share this information with others and continue to let the Governor know how important Dr. Jones is to you. Keep up the good work!

For updates, actions and information please go to www.LymeRights.org

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

You are right can't.

Does anyone have letters to share? That could help inspire and encourage others.

Like ME!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just saw that the thread here isn't a replica of General's so reposting mine here:
-------------------

Here's my email of the day to G. Rell:

Dear Governor Rell:

I know that your office, appropriately, does not typically insert itself into the internal matters of your state's medical board. I'm writing to ask you to make an exception in the case of Dr. Charles Ray Jones.

I request that your office or an independent agent undertake an investigation into the propriety of the Board's extraordinary five year, one million dollar relentless pursuit of a single physician.

The Board's campaign to sanction Dr. Jones -or any other physician- would be more understandable if that physician stood accused of causing demonstrable harm to patients.

By the Board's own admission, that simply isn't the case with Dr. Jones. Not a single one of the patients involved in the charges against Dr. Jones was harmed in any way; they were in fact all successfully treated.

Have you asked yourself-- why the intensity and single-mindedness of this Board's pursuit of Dr. Jones?

I have, both because it offends my sense of decency and common sense, and because I am a parent of a 7 year old son with Lyme disease being treated by Dr. Jones.
(2 sentences about my son follow here.)

Please help my son, and the children of so many others, by investigating what seems an egregious abuse of power by your appointees on the medical board.

Thank you for your time.

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Talk to the Governor... or write a short note. Please.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Or send an article you feel is important... or just write "Lyme Rights" on an email and send it.

Thanks!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

April 8, 2010

Dear parents and those concerned about Dr. Jones and his "kids",

We are writing to you as families whose lives have been touched by Dr. Charles Ray Jones. We have an urgent message: the man who helped us when we needed it most, now needs our help in return.

The Connecticut Medical Examining Board is requiring Dr. Jones to pay another large fine to the state of Connecticut. We believe he is being targeted based on his approach to treating chronic Lyme disease.

Dr. Jones cannot bear this burden alone and we are asking for your financial support to cover his fines and legal expenses.

As you know, the walls of Dr Jones' office are filled with expressions of gratitude for the care he has provided our children.

It is difficult to find ways to adequately thank him for his dedication, skill and loving presence. Without the expert care of Dr Jones, many of our children would have faced lifelong disability and unimaginable despair.

In restoring their health, he has not only given them another chance at life, but has also allowed our families to resume a normalcy we thought was permanently lost.

Please join us in offering a collective expression of support by making a donation to him now.

Your contribution, in any sum, is needed immediately, as a deadline for payment of $10,000 to the State is fast approaching (April 15, 2010).

Dr Jones is appealing the Board's decision; however, the fine must still be paid by the deadline. We have included a link to a letter written by Dr. Jones to better inform you of his current situation.

Specific instructions for making donations are included in his letter.

We thank you in advance for your contribution and ask that you consider passing this letter on to anyone in your life who may wish to help with this important and urgent cause.

Sincerely,

Parents of children who have been treated by Dr. Jones

Link to Dr. Jones Letter
http://www.lymerights.org/Letter_from_Dr__Jones_Feb_2010.pdf

Found at www.LymeRights.org

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Folks are making those calls! Great to hear that.

Are you too?

I do hope so!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please step up to your own power and do your part.

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Dr. Jones is starting another week to help the kids who need him.

Please be there for him and make the Governor do the same.

Thanks!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Just finished my Monday note! Reminder to all to call and write.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Up for the Man!

And his precious children...

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

One more time!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh oh! I just called Gov Rell's office, and was told that she IS NOT contacting Blumethal or doing anything about the case. "She does not interfere with the Medical Board's proceedings."

I asked who oversee's the Board when it is unfairly persecuting a dr, and was told no one! "They are appointed."

He said that "the dr has appeals going, and Gov Rell does not interfere." Very discouraging!

I asked who to contact that CAN do something about this, and was told the Commission of Public Health, 860-509-7101.

Posts: 3771 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Great news just arrived!

April 16, 2010

Dear Lyme Community -

YOU DID IT, everyone, you did it! Please give yourself a pat on the back because it is certainly deserved!

April 15 was not just tax day - it was the deadline for paying the $10,000.00 fine imposed on Dr. Jones for making children better.

Thanks to your donations the goal was reached and the money was placed in an escrow account, pending the outcome of an appeal.

Thus, Dr. Jones can continue to care for the children and will not be further punished for not paying the fine!

Dr. Jones said he is truly humbled by the generosity you have shown to date and his spirits have been greatly lifted by your kindness.

He also wants you to know how meaningful your support is to the families of the children.

You are making it possible for him to continue to care for sick children and still fight the charges. Everyday Dr. Jones and his dedicated staff see families who are grateful because they get their children back and know they are healthy once again.

We all know there is no greater gift and Dr. Jones fully intends to keep treating as many children as possible to make this happen, thanks to your support!

We also want to thank everyone who has contacted Governor Rell's office to let them know how important it is for Dr. Jones to be able to continue to practice without being harassed.

Unfortunately, and in spite of all the efforts we've made, the Governor is not willing to investigate the situation and continues to leave it in the hands of the Department of Public Health and Commissioner Galvin.

You may remember from nearly 100 pieces of testimony submitted in favor of HB 6200 (the 2009 CT Physician Protection Bill), only Galvin and one infectious disease doctor opposed the bill in written public testimony.

Since that time Galvin has allowed the prosecution of Dr. Jones to continue, even after a law was passed and signed by the Governor to address this kind of egregious action.

At this time if you would like to continue to contact the Governor, please do. We will not stop efforts to make things right for Dr. Jones and more announcements with actions to take will be forthcoming.

The deadline for locating a monitor was also April 15, 2010. Even though efforts to locate one were intense and ongoing, no monitor was selected.

The legal team filed for an extension on this matter and Dr. Jones will be required to continue to search for an appropriate person to take the job, if one can be found.

Lyme Rights would like to remind everyone that donations will still be needed to cover the fees generated by Dr. Jones' excellent legal team (see link below).

There will be future updates on the status of the case and announcements will be sent to all with additional efforts that can be made on Dr. Jones behalf.

In great appreciation for all your support,

Lyme Rights

www.LymeRights.org

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Rumi...

Thanks for your efforts!

You are right. She is ignoring her constituents concerns and purposely choosing to not take action... and it is HER responsibility to guard her hen house. What kind of leader is that?

UGGGGGG!

She has been hard to deal with throughout this ordeal and pays us little mind ... but the saving grace here... she is not running for re-election in the fall.

Hopefully someone with a back bone will step in that position and do the right thing for the children.... and Galvin and the DPH will be booted out on their collective backsides.

And do know.. this isn't over. There are a number of efforts ongoing.. some to address this very thing.

So keep up the good work. We all need to work together to make positive changes.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement