LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » MAYDAY!! A national protest for Lyme Disease Awareness and Patient rights

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MAYDAY!! A national protest for Lyme Disease Awareness and Patient rights
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=192479750772651&index=1
Time
Saturday, May 21 11:30am - 4:30pm
More Info
Lyme Underground invites everyone in the Lyme community and all support groups to stand with us as we demand a complete revision of Lyme disease diagnostic and treatment guidelines. We will meet on the lawn between the Whitehouse and the Washington monument on the north side of the Ellipse in Washington DC at 11:30 AM on Saturday, May 21, 2011.

Bring signs, bring banners, bring your VOICE!!! We have been encouraged to remain silent for far too long. We must raise our voices to a level that can no longer be ignored. We must GET LOUD!!! STAY LOUD!!!!!

This demonstration of awareness is held in conjunction with other actions throughout the country and the world as a part of Lyme Disease Awareness month. Please, do what you can to make a difference.

This event will be needing volunteers and people to help coordinate.

For more information and to volunteer for the event call please contact

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ 03-12-2011, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: onbam ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't think I was allowed to post--thanks onbam.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why don't we have simultaneous protest throughout the country on the same day?
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jenniferk32
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jenniferk32   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with sk8ter. How could we go about setting some up in other major cities? I live near LA and it would be great to have one there.

Also, I was thinking thst since most people I know have at least one friend/family member with lyme, a chain letter could be sent by friends and family, who will spread it to their friends and families, etc. To get people out to demonstrations.

Even if they don't have lyme, I believe that the family members and friends of those that do will come since this is such a devastating disease.

Also, what about one outside of the CDC building? I have no idea how to organize something like that in my state, and I'm pretty limited in what I can do right now.

But I would like to help as much as possible.

Posts: 107 | From Hesperia, CA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Bus trip to Lyme Rally May 21st. [HD]
We will add up to 2 pickup points on the Way down in fairfield county or outside NYC for long island lyme friends.

http://survivorfriends.com/page/Bus%20Trip

If you need more information of have questions call me at 860-913-7383 (P) if you can't make the trip but would like to make a donation so we can get Signs and T-shirts for the rally you can also do that at the link.

This trip will be ideal for anyone in NY , MA , CT , RI , VT or NH Hope to see you all in DC Paul
Length: ‎1:44

Update on Bus Trip
http://lymekick.com/bus.pdf

[ 03-04-2011, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: Pinelady ]

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

I know it is very difficult to be able to get our meds and live with what they have left us----

but I ask any that can do what you can to be there.

If you are too sick to make it there are many wanting to carry your pic for you.

If you have no money-some have suggested asking your judge for permission to conduct a bucket brigade in your lawnchair.

If you have no way and want to go seek the group for those going to catch a ride with those that are. I am from KY. and I can possibly take 3.

It could be possible we can make a difference if the teachers in Ohio and WI can fight for your kids rights to keep the teachers by not cutting their wages/pensions/etc.

hopefully we can get enough there for congress to move for US for a change instead of those who profit from us being sick,

by letting others keep their syndromes...

Who knows--we may get all those
"Syndromatic" people to join us...We are all in the same boat after all.

Plan ahead and God Bless Us in this fight.

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Kenneth M.
Member # 30620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenneth M.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is meant to be done along with protests in other cities, but there needs to be a drive in those areas to do so. Hopefully there will be others, but not everyone is capable. I totally understand that.
Posts: 6 | From Western MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stillwater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stillwater         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any information on what kinds of signs we can bring? Can they have sticks in them? Anyone know if protest signs with sticks are allowed on the Metro?
Posts: 699 | From confusion | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Subject: To those who are Riding the BUS DAY TRIP to the Rally on May 21st
If you have already Reserved your Seat disregard this message.

If you have not yet Reserved your seat we are asking you do so now so we book the proper size Bus

I hope to see everyone in DC for this important Event

http://www.facebook.com/l/7d4aaaJw9svuoCdHG8DJsui6Jkg/www.survivorfriends.com/page/Bus%20Trip

Please book now to avoid any problems

--------------------
IgM neg pos

Pinelady
Member # 18524

Virgin American has just posted a sale....For those looking for a flight deal to MAYDAY---

http://travela.priceline.com/pricebreakers/deal/PB_AIRVirginAmerica_03162011.html?session_key=5D0011AC3F0011AC2011031822271057ed11273263&plf=pcln&refid=PMPRICEBREAKERS_EMAIL_AIR&re fclickid=20110318|PB_AIRVirginAmerica_03162011&bypassOK=Y

Some of the name your own price deals are great for those thrifty shoppers out there..

--------------------
IgM neg pos

hurtingramma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurtingramma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to be in the area that week (in MD) and am so hoping to be able to make it to the rally. There are a lot of other particulars that need to be taken care of so that I can go.
What I need are ideas on signs, etc. Can anyone help? Is there a link somewhere?
Thanks

--------------------
"Few of us can do great things, but all of us can do small things with great love". Mother Theresa

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1629665573&ref=name

Posts: 938 | From Northeast Kingdom Vermont | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too with others from my family are planning to fly down for this event and like another stated, we too will be using Priceline for our hotel.

We have quite a showing planning to go via Facebook as well, so hopefully we can get enough of a showing in DC to be heard.

I have to admit that this is the first time I've ever been to anything like this. I had just been diagnosed and totally bedridden when they had the one in NY so I was one of the "too sick to attend".

Any pointers for a first timer? Since we will be flying with just carry on, I'm not sure a sign would fit in the small bag, so is there a place someone knows of near our meeting point that would have supplies to make signs?

Will there be any speakers like the one in NY? Again, I'm a first timer and just trying to get a feel for what to expect. Thanks for any help.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement