LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Activism » Dr. C in Mo Targeted for Lyme Treatments

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr. C in Mo Targeted for Lyme Treatments
notime2work
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6092

Icon 1 posted      Profile for notime2work     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of Dr. C's patients has asked this email to be forwarded. Please keep him in your prayers. (NOTE: This is not me that saw him -- I'm just forwarding the information.)

Subject: Licensing Board Issue
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 09:53:02 -0700 (PDT)

To all tick illness support groups:

I saw Dr. C last week and he shared with me that he was turned in to the state licensing board by another physician, due to a patient he was treating with IV antibiotics who developed a serious complication/side effect. He will need to appear on Friday July 13th at 12:30 pm, to respond to the complaint.

He was told he could bring other physicians along, to address the validity of his practices. He said Dr. Masters will likely be too ill to attend, but he has another colleague in KC he may invite. He plans to consult with a lawyer, but I don't think he can bring one along.

He brought this up as a prayer request, after praying wtih me. As a committed Christian, he believes in the power of prayer and God's presence. I asked if it would be OK for me to spread the word, and he said fine. I also asked if he needed patients to attend, but it will be a closed session (so no need for our physical presence).

So, PLEASE KEEP DR. C IN YOUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS, especially on July 13th.

Posts: 142 | From Flyover Country | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could you get this back to him????? I don't know if you have seen all the publicity about that little girl Ellen Cary the 7 year old who died of Ehrlichiosis. Maybe now would be a great time to get Dr. Crist quoted in papers as a "Lyme and Ehrlichiosis expert" because he IS- he needs to exploit his knowledge of Ehrlichiosis because he has treated it for years and knows SO much about it and that will make him VERY SYMPATHETIC to the midwest public right now!!!! Instead of "Lyme doc up on charges" make SURE- please- I really thinkk this is a good idea- if he gets any press have him make sure he is described- ACCURATELY because he IS- as a "Lyme and Ehrlichiosis" doctor and that will lead hopefully to tie ins with Ellen Cary and what a serious disease it is and how Dr. Crist is THE ONLY GOSHDARNED EHRLICHIOSIS EXPERT IN SEVERAL STATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ehrlichiosis Expert up on charges" would be just as accurate as Lyme doc but would completely change the way it goes in the press!!!
SERIOUSLY!!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sarah, OUTSTANDING IDEA!! glad you thought of this as he's going to need all the POSITIVE PRESS he can get to overcome this. nip it in the bud now! you go girl! [group hug] [kiss]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

sarah,

i'm going to send you a PM w/some info on TRYING to get directly to you.... [Wink]

CaliforniaLyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 7136

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CaliforniaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you BettyG, have written
& hope it gets through*)!!!

--------------------
There is no wealth but life.
-John Ruskin

All truth goes through 3 stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer

Posts: 5639 | From Aptos CA USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

sarah, thanks for followup and your quick action! [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement