LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » coffee enemas for detox?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: coffee enemas for detox?
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am really having trouble with lyme and all of coinfections. Aggressive tx for year of diagnosis, but still having problems. LFT elevate at the drop of a hat. Was pulled off all abt's yesterday to decrease. Have heard organic coffee enemas are used for detox. Anyone know anything on this? Frequency, dose etc.... [toilet]
Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People who rife (I'm a believer) and do salt C (I'd be afraid I'd screw up my electorlites) do this. they say it has to be organic coffee. I'm always asing if I can just drink it!

We just got a new ultra-red sauna. they are selling the exact same model at Home Depot but it is cheaper at Sams Club.

We sit in it ever night for about 30 minutes--feels great--my 8 year old loves it and it gives a much milder herx than abx.

Also see a good person about suppliments--they really helped us too.

Linda

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tequeslady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tequeslady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I ask what it's made of? Cedar or poplar? It really sounds good to me, because I'm friggin' freezing.

quote:
Originally posted by Linda LD:
People who rife (I'm a believer) and do salt C (I'd be afraid I'd screw up my electorlites) do this. they say it has to be organic coffee. I'm always asing if I can just drink it!

We just got a new ultra-red sauna. they are selling the exact same model at Home Depot but it is cheaper at Sams Club.

We sit in it ever night for about 30 minutes--feels great--my 8 year old loves it and it gives a much milder herx than abx.

Also see a good person about suppliments--they really helped us too.

Linda

Posts: 856 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Coffee enemas are good to remove toxins, it stimulates the liver. Cancer patients use them daily sometimes. I've done them and feel great from them. Jut make sur eyou dont use too much, you may caffinate yourself into oblivion!!

There are recipes in natural healing books, and online I'm sure. Happy purcolating! :=)

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A serious question here - as we are advised to stay off caffeine - when you do a coffee enema, organic or not, is the caffeine 'safer' that way?

I.e. caffeine when you drink it stresses the liver..........if it goes in the other end, does it NOT stress the liver?

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnlyme1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnlyme1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do coffee enemas at least 4 days per week. The caffene stimulates the dumping of the liver through the gall bladder. You only need about 2 cups in the colan. But I also use an intestinal cleanse that has activated charcol in it. I take this about 15 min before the enema. This way what gets dumped also gets sucked up by the intestinal cleanse.
Posts: 582 | From milwaukee wi | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johnlyme1
I am sorry to bumbard you with so many questions
But the intestinal cleanse with avivated charcol in it: what is the name of the product.This sound like a good idea to do with the coffee enema's.

I did a google a while back & found some good instructions on coffee enemas.
But didn't save the webb site.
Will try to attain today and re-post.

Thanks johnlyme1

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The inside of the sauna smells like cedar to me--but I'll have to ask--I wont recognize poplar--the wood isn't red--it looks more yellow.
Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linda LD
I looked into the infa red/ultra red sauna's and got perplexed because wouldn't taking a hot bath,produce a sweat and achieve the same results?

Just curious

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Ok I had to weed through titles like:
"poop like a pro: [Big Grin]
And "The royal flush"

But here are two webb sites that give easy to follow instruction:

www.healingdaily.com/liver-detoxification/coffee-enema.htm

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/dietarytherapy/a/enemascolonics.htm

On this second site:Scroll down to coffee enemas and click on for instructions.

--------------------
5dana8

groovy2
Member # 6304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for groovy2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Skater

Using coffie works well--
and dose increase effectiveness--
Well worth doing -

Make sure to loose the
cream and sugar tho --Jay--

Posts: 2999 | From Austin tx USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iceskater
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceskater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank all of you for your response especially Groovy 2. It would give new meaning to the phrase latte. [woohoo]
Posts: 719 | From Delaware | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOT FOR FAINT AT HEART
^
Up for many reasons:

First someone asked if the caffiene is problematic when doing it enema style. It is NOT problematic. It does NOT travel through the digestive tract so it does NOT have the same effect as drinking coffee the other way around...in your mouth. The way nature intended. [Razz]

QUESTIONS FOR COFFEE ENEMA PROS:

How the heck to you do these without making a friggin mess?

I have done 5 in the last month and each time it is coffe all over the freaking place! I went from b-room floor to INTO the tub, and it was just as bad. It always leaks out of me very very slowly.

DO NOT THINK TOO MUCH ABOUT THAT. It is NOT a pretty picture. But it is true and I need help understanding how someone could do this every day with such a mess!

And that brings up Q#2:

How do you retain? I try so hard...turn onto my right side and breathe deeply, try to relax, etc. But I can only retain for 5 minutes. It is so painful for me!!! I have it at about body temp, only 2 cups, sometimes even less....

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for letting me be gross and explicit here. I am just trying to get to the BOTTOM of this! [spinning smile]

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I have never done one barr one I did not volunteer for when giving birth (and it was not coffee that time).

I wonder about the logistics of it. I imagined that you have to lie sort of with your butt in the air or something. Or does the hose have some sort of pump action to pump the coffee up/in if not by gravity lying sort of upside down?

What about tearing your intestines? Or sending other infections up there?

These are all serious questions. NOT poking fun. I am really wondering.

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Basics:

You hang the bag up higher than you. It has a clamp so you can turn it "on" and "off".

You are on all fours butt up in the air. The gravity will bring the coffee into you. You DO NOT want to force anything inside.

After the liquid drains into you, you remove the tube, and lay on your right side...not sure why this side? But you are supposed to retain this liquid inside you for 15 minutes.

I cant get past 5! ???

Your rectum can expand very much--very much like the vagina. You are NOT putting coffee into your intestines but into the lower portion of your colon only.

You should make sure everything you use is clean and sterile and use organic coffee prepared a certain way and distilled water. That will prevent any infections.

I am all about trying to figure out what I am doing wrong here, so I welcome all responses and direct questions. It is the only way to learn!

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Thanks trails. From the sound of it, I think if I were to try it, I would go to a professional enema-provider (what ARE they called anyway?).
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trails, I hear ya about the coffee enema so I have to tell you my story. Scott (secondtimearound) heard it yesterday.

My husband was doing his first coffee enema and hollered for me to come see if the bag had emptied out. So I go in, look at the bag and it looks empty. Well, I pulled the tube out of my husband bottom (without first shutting off the valve)and coffee starts running all over the bath mat.

So quess what I did? I shoved it back up my husband! He almost went through the ceiling!
I mean, heck, I didn't want to get it all over the bath mat. We've laughed and laughed about that one. [lol]

He said it was good I never became a nurse.

So don't let your spouse help you. Its better to learn alone.

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tequeslady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tequeslady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the laugh, karatelady... [Big Grin]
Posts: 856 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do enemas rarely - no more than once a month ever..I believe too many will start to weaken my colon in the long term and make other organs dependant too.
So I work on the organs through food and herbs most of the time.

Perhaps if I had cancer or heavy toxin issues going on I would do them more often tho.

Trails..
when I do do them, I always make sure there is a VERY relaxed atmosphere.
It has to be meditational for me, no thoughts or stuff on my mind or listening for what else is going on in the house, ect.., no bright lights, I light candles, I use music and plenty of time and go real slow and stop allot, lots of deep breathing and belly massage.

That helped me allot with retention and cramping.

Mo

( K-lady, that is a hysterical story [Big Grin]
so much for tranquility.. )

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement