LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Excellent Video from Dr B - a must watch

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Excellent Video from Dr B - a must watch
Health
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

I just watched a Bartonella Video from Dr B, and thought I would post here that I think everyone may benefit from it, it also talks about long term chronic lyme.

It was a video that really made me understand what was going on with me, and for some reason I could grasp what he was saying.

It talks about others Dr's inputs also, one LLMD or man said that he found Calcium, Zinc and Magnesium absorbs the antibiotics, and this is not just taken hours away from the antibiotics.

I have really felt for myself that these minerals make me worse, so I stopped them, and I felt better, that the antibiotic did a better job.

It also tells of Dr B saying that YEARS ago when they did not really know of co-infections just lyme, they kept patients on very long term antibioitcs, and the patients got well,

he was saying that it could be that the underlying thing for many/some with long long term lyme is that once the lyme is better, the persons own system will take care of the co-infections, something like this,

He did say that 2 people were Still sick after a few years of antibiotics, and then when they went on Levaquin for 2 months or so, they got well,

I am putting this down to draw you all into this video because it was fabulous.

Best I ever saw for myself to make sense of this all.

It is about 30 minutes.

rtsp://ldarm.webcastcenter.com/lda/lda_burrascano2005.rm

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have watched it before, too.

It is wonderful.

I had the same result with Levaquin .... prior to taking it, I was just struggling along, after Levaquin, I was miraculously better .... so much so that during this monthly flare-up, I still played my Tuesday racquetball game with my hubby .... he beat me 15-13 .... and I could only play one game, then lift weights ... when I'm feeling good, we play two games. Miracle drug!

I remember him mentioning in the video that someone getting a coinfection in the absence of Lyme will heal themself ... the coinfection will self-resolve without treatment. It's the presence of Lyme that makes Babesia, etc. chronic.

Watch the video! It's very informative!

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ByronSBell 2007
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't see the video but I thought it was "necessary" to treat co-infections...?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will try to post this again.

If it does not work, then copy and paste it into the Webpage and watch it this way.

rtsp://ldarm.webcastcenter.com/lda/lda_burrascano2005.rm

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

I thought all babesial and plasmodial infections are chronic

due to the fact that the parasite sequesters in the tissue

of its host?

MusicMan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MusicMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi [Smile]

The link does not work in either place you have posted. I would look for an http page to link to and we'll be able to find the rest maybe. [Smile]

Steve

Posts: 406 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't get it to work, either and I'd love to see it!!

Sorry to inconvenience you...is there any other way we could access it? My Mom and I would like to watch it togther.

Thank you.

Clarissa

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:
I have been changed for good.

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clarissa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It just came up after I pasted it in my browser. You need to have the program RealPlayer in order for it to work.

It took a few minutes to buffer up...so try and be patient (UNLIKE me).

Watching it now...

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Posts: 1625 | From Florida | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was able to listen to about 10 min of it before my brain went. Will go back and listen to the rest later.

I watched it via realplayer and by just copy and pasting the URL.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try accessing it from this website .... http://www.lymediseaseassociation.org/VideoView.html

It's "Bartonella: A Clinician's Viewpoint"

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clarissa
Member # 4715

Excellent video yet somewhat discouraging. It sounds like they know that Bartonella is an intracellular parasite promoting mostly neurological symptoms BUT it doesn't sound like the LLMD's understand "exactly" what kind of parasite they're dealing with.

I had another LLMD tell me that the Fry Labs shows positive for an intracellular parasite, which they are referring and treating as Bartonella but, in all honesty, don't really know "what" it is, yet.

This video makes me want to be on Levaquin but I know that it's Russian roulette and it sounds like zithro & rifampin covers the bases, as well when they don't know exactly what they're dealing with at this juncture.

Maybe I don't even know what I'm talking about...

There is just nothing worse than having an infection, that causes anxiety/agitation and severe OCD while, at the same time, the infection and treatment itself is so ambiguous.

It's sheer torture for my compartementalized mind!

Any other Bart people feel this torture?

Exhausted Brain,

Clarissa

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

Health
Member # 6034

I did not find this video discouraging I found it very helpful.

Rifampin and Azithromycin are NOT effective for the Bartonella they are talking about in this Video. Levaquin is what you need.

I must be getting better in some areas of my brain because it REALLY sunk in what he said, and that it made me have HOPE to get well,

and that by not getting well with one LLMD, go to another, because the information that Dr B had on this Video and the way he spoke I wish I could have seen him,

because I am a tough case and am seeing a new LLMD and will see what he says soon.

HOPE, that is what I got from this Video and even though they did not know exactly what they were dealing with through testing,

the clinical picture of the patient is what is important too.

just my view.

Trish

Clarissa
Member # 4715

That's my confusion, exactly. I guess I need to understand what KIND of Bartonella I have diagnosed through Fry and my knowledgeable LLMD who follows Dr. B's protocol for the most part.

I know he told me it's a "rare" form but I have no clue what that means. I think there are many people on this board who have been treated with Rifampin and another abx and recovered from Bartonella. They have personally written to me.

There is no one cookie-cutter treatment for all patients.

And yes, it is hopeful that they are researching and learning. Thank you for sharing this informative video with all of us.

I will review with my LLMD.

Gratefully,

Clarissa

--------------------
Clarissa

Because I knew you:

-

bettyg
Unregistered

trish,

thanks for link, etc; may I suggest you add BARTONELLA to your subject line to attract those with bart so they can view this if possible?

to do this, click on paper/pencil icon which opens up subject line and body text; just add it,

make sure you marked lower left hand corner to receive all replies, and click edit send when done!

thx; this helps so much when i do searches for myself and other folks use search too finding it in SUBJECT line at a quick glance; a real TIMESAVER! [group hug] [kiss] THANKS!

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Clarissa, I think the most important thing is that they know how to get rid of it. It's like when a sales-person calls on the phone, you don't need to know his name, you just need to know how to say no thanks and hang up. [Big Grin]

I know that's simplistic .... but I took the risk with the Levaquin, and now I'm better. I know everyone doesn't win this way .... Levaquin is a drug that must be respected .... not feared, but respected. You don't take Levaquin unless it's what you need. This is one of those cases where it IS what is needed!

--------------------

jamescase20
Unregistered

Its crazy out there! That kid in canlyme...for ex..bart nodes all over his internal organs...etc. Who knows what we got. I just figured out I must have babs too since responded well with quinine. Crazy..crazy...I think I got all the infects.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement