LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Pycnogenol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pycnogenol
8man12
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7664

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8man12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone ever tryed this?
Posts: 510 | From NEVERLAND.USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have ......... but lke so many things........ how do you know what is working. I do think it is a good antoxidant.

robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mangosteen is full of it! Seriously.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CynBy
Member # 9957

Icon 6 posted      Profile for CynBy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I am not having my periodic bouts of acute projectile vomiting, wherein I do not imbide any expensive substances, (ie herbs, vitamins, abx
) cause I just puke em into the toilet, I take this. I am a scots woman, hate waste.

It is very important that you take it with Aloe Vera, they work in consortium to break through the brain blood barrier.

I take the aloe vera in liquid form. Aloe Vera "juice" is disgusting, (Pedalyte is worse, try as I might I could not make that palatible). I mix with grape juice 2/3 aloe vera juice 1/3 grape, and swallow my pychnogenol with the above mentioned concoction.

I have been taking this since October, but December thru one week past I was unable to retain most anything I swallowed.

It works for me to assist in cognitive functioning. Aloe Vera juice is also good throughout ones' physiological system.

I hear tell it actually chokes the spirochete when it crosses brain blood barrier. To date I have found no double blind studies that provbe/disprove same.

Once again to have a proper effective chemical reaction it must be taken in conjunction with aloe vera. (That be the mom in me, redundancy).

Good luck, hope you , me and everyone else feels betterer soon... [group hug]

--------------------
wpcj,
Cyn [Wink]

Posts: 20 | From Virginia Beach, Virginia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CynBy:
I hear tell it actually chokes the spirochete when it crosses brain blood barrier. To date I have found no double blind studies that provbe/disprove same.

You mean the pycogenol?? Must be one reason I've been able to drop the abx since beginning the mangosteen. Nice.

[ 31. August 2006, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CynBy
Member # 9957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CynBy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Yeah, yeah what she said... once again it works for me. However, one must bear in mind that each of our physiological systems is different.

I cannot abide the Mephon, I take a dose of that and look like a fire hydrant spewing neon yellow hazardous waste.

But for me the pycnogrenol in cohoots with the aloe vera juice hits the spot.

Oh well look at the time, it surely does fly. Time for me to start prepping for my boots and infusions.

Have a good night all, you are all wonderful [group hug]

--------------------
wpcj,
Cyn [Wink]

Posts: 20 | From Virginia Beach, Virginia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robi
Member # 5547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to set the record straight ..... no harm intended. Xango does not have pycnogenol in it.

Pycnogelnol is a natural plant extract from the bark of the maritime pine tree which grows exclusively along the coast of southwest France. Pycnogenol is rich in proanthocyanidins, a special class of water-soluble bioflavonoids.

Xango also contains proanthocyanidins, but Xango does not have Pycnogenol in it.

robi

--------------------
Now, since I put reality on the back burner, my days are jam-packed and fun-filled. ..........lily tomlin as 'trudy'

Posts: 2503 | From here | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Let me check that out. I heard this from one of the mangosteen researchers. [an MD] Maybe what you said is correct....but I know for sure that he said pycogenol.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Annie C
Member # 14

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annie C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been taking Pycnogenol for 7 years. You really need to know what to look for on the label. It MUST come from the Mari Time Bark Tree from Italy.

This can give pain relief in 20 min. The key is the dosage.

It is 1mg of Pyc to 1 lb body weight. All Pycnogenols are to be 25mg Tabs.

do not take the whole dose at once. break it down through the day. So a person of 150 lbs will need 6 tabs. take 3 at a time.

[bonk] AND if you are on blood thinners and or heart meds check with your Dr.

It is also wonderful for the daily fatigue... This is a wonderful way to start the day.

--------------------
May God Bless you every day. And Never say never and do not give up no matter what. We need you to help others.

Posts: 1288 | From Tetons Wyoming | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who Patented it.
www.pycnogenol,com

Pycnogenolis a water extract from the bark of french maritime pine grown as a mono species forest spread over the coastal region of southwest France.

This unique source of Pycnogenol� has a well established botanical monograph based on macroscopic and microscopic findings defining its characteristics, an essential feature of quality confirmation.

The healing powers of pine bark have been used for centuries. In 1534, French explorer Jacques Cartier and his crew are believed to have been nursed back to health by local natives after suffering from deadly scurvy.

They drank prepared teas and other concoctions using the pine needles and tree bark to relieve the scurvy, improve wound healing and various other ailments.

Pycnogenol� represents a natural blend of genetically programmed constant proportions of bioflavonoids including catechin, epicatechin, taxifolin, monomers, dimers of catechin and epicatechin, oligomeric procyanidnins and phenolic fruit acids such as ferulic acid and caffeic acid.

The extract has four basic properties - it's a powerful antioxidant, acts as a natural anti-inflammatory, selectively binds to collagen and elastin, and finally, it aids in the production of endothelial nitric oxide which helps to vasodilate blood vessels.

Pycnogenol� has differentiated itself from other ingredients in the marketplace because of its extensive research portfolio.

More than 170 published studies and review articles ensuring its safety and efficacy as an ingredient have been completed over the last 35 years.

Scientific evidence on its Antioxidative Capacity and protective action on the Vascular System have been published in the most renowned scientific journals.

Additional published findings have demonstrated Pycnogenol's beneficial effects in cardiovascular health, skincare, cognitive function, diabetes health, inflammation, sports nutrition, asthma and allergy relief and menstrual disorders, among others.

Many of these applications are protected by U.S. and international patents. Today, the scientific accomplishments of Pycnogenol� remains unparalleled, especially when it comes to quality, safety and clinical evidence.

Pycnogenol� is produced by a validated manufacturing process following good agricultural practice {GAP} and good manufacturing practice {GMP}. There is absolutely no application of pesticides during the growing of pine trees or toxic solvents during the manufacture of Pycnogenol, there can be no pesticide or solvent in the finished active substance. \

Pycnogenol� is certified Kosher and Halal and has earned Generally Regarded as Safe {GRAS} status in the USA for its applications in foods and beverages.

Additionally, Pycnogenol� is a proprietary extract and is protected by several U.S. and international patents.

Reseach Library

Maps of all over where to buy it by the people who patented it.

Shop for it Link

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ps this extract has a Warning on the Lable that if your going into any kind of surgury that you should stop taking it 2 weeks before surgury!

Thats good to know. [Smile]

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ConnieMc
Member # 191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ConnieMc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to this site about Lyme treatment. This guy says pycnogenol is a big part of his treatment. You need to go through much of the site to determoine exactly what dose, etc he recommends. I had some communication with him a long while back. This helped him alot.

http://cassia.org/history.htm

Connie

Posts: 2275 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I visited this guys site and he lists his top treatments as follows:
Must Have...:Pycnogenol
Ledem
AloeVera Juice DRink
Vit B
Spirulina/Chlorella/Blue Green Algea)

Does anyone know if I can take all these things with abx...he took them after abx stopped working?

Thanks!!

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement