LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » what happened at Jones trial today?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what happened at Jones trial today?
focusonsurvival
Member # 9124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for focusonsurvival     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Have you all heard anything about Jones's trial today? What happened?
Posts: 55 | From Mamaroneck, New york | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently no news yet. But there are a lot of "guests" here to find out.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gettimg some news right now...be right back
Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good evening all,

I just listened to a message from Tincup on my phone about the hearing...
Actually, she was so excited and kept going on for so long with little details, that my message machine cut her off! [Smile]

But this is what she shared with me...

She personally counted over 171 people there today! The turn-out was so amazing that there was standing room only. People were sitting on the floors, and standing in the doors! THANK YOU to all that took the time to be there!

Dr. Jones at one point swiveled around slowly in his chair that was facing front and center to see the crowd...and gave the most beautiful smile of recognition to all that were in attendance!

He was thrilled with the turn-out and wanted everyone to know that he was also so appreciative to ALL that wrote in with letters of support.

The witnesses for Dr. Jones could not have done a finer job or presented a more credible picture. The testimony in general was great.

The next hearing date is scheduled for November 16th. Dr. Fallon will be testifying and Dr. Nick Harris will also be testifying via phone conference.

I am sure that those who were in attendance will have much more to say...but I just wanted to share some good news for now.

My best,
Melanie

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
focusonsurvival
Member # 9124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for focusonsurvival     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting this. I am so glad so many people showed up. I was praying all morning. I hope things continue to go this way and all will be resolved in Nov.
Posts: 55 | From Mamaroneck, New york | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LML2260
Member # 9615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LML2260     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was curious what letters of support you were referring to? The ones in response to the article in the Hartford Courant last week or is there somewhere else that we should be sending support letters to? Thanks.

--------------------
Lynne

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Posts: 63 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lou
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the report. Guess I can shut the computer down for the night now.

Many thanks to all of those who went to the hearing. THANK YOU!!!!!

Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A big Thank You to Melanie & Tincup for the first report!!
Look forward to hearing more details.

Another big Thank You to all those who went to the hearing.
Wish I could have been there, too.

Posts: 4638 | From South Carolina | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ma
Member # 10055

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy tears, happy tears!

That is [woohoo] news!

Thanks for letting us know

~Ma

Posts: 70 | From Central NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 14 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for letting us all know! First good news in a long time. very heart warming too.
Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thankyou melanie & Tincup for the report [kiss]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thanks also to those able to attend! Good job!!

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason I had thought today was supposed to be the last hearing. Are there more scheduled after the November 16th one or is that supposed to be the last hearing?

It just seems such a shame to drag this out so long.

Thanks for the report and for everyone who attended.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nancy-FL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy-FL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many thanks to all of the people who attended. I know that made Dr. J feel the support. Some of us are just too far away to make the trip, so we appreciate any who can.

Somehow I had gotten the idea that this was to be the last hearing; guess I was wrong. How long is this going to continue? Is it totally open-ended, with the committee calling all the shots?

I guess that the longer it takes, the more time there is for more publicity. I'll be watching for opportunities to write to newspapers, etc. and support from afar and hope others will as well.

United we stand - [group hug]
Nancy

Posts: 119 | From Southwest Florida | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lonestartick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonestartick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the report. I have been praying for Dr. J and his many patients all day. I guess I'm one of the guests who has returned and been checking in as regularly as possible today with hopes of hearing some good news.

Sending lots of love and virtual hugs to Dr. J & his legal team, his many patients, all those who could attend today, and our devoted Lyme activists.
[group hug]

Posts: 487 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
November 16th is supposed to be the last hearing. It will be in a different room. Once we find out if it is a larger room we will know if we need an even larger crowd.

hatsnscarfs

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lynne, I spent the last 30 minutes trying to find the address to send PERSONAL LETTERS to Dr. Jones at his home address, but without success.

I looked in general and activism threads; nothing there.

Maybe Kay Moss or Ellen Luba will be along and can find this address for you/others who wantto send him a letter of support.

Found the donation addresses galore; but not the 2 of them.

Thanks Tincup for leaving a message with Melanie & her posting what you had to say. 171 WHOOPIE.

I was shocked to see Nov. hearing AGAIN; we were never told about this one. Thought we/he was reassured today was the LAST one.

I'm really sorry for him that this is NOT OVER! Just dragging his personal life on and on FOREVER. Not right.

Looking forward to the reports. Bettyg [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stamper
Member # 10219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stamper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
could someone please tell me privately if this dr. is still taking new patients? (and if i should go to him for lyme)
Posts: 2 | From iowa | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The next one I can go to as I'll be over there then!

I'm relieved all seemed to go very well.

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stamper, I sent you a PM, private message with info.
Bettyg [Big Grin]

lymeout
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeout     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We need to think of some ways to provide a surge of support for this Nov. 16 hearing. At one point, our local support group talked about chartering a bus, but then we were discouraged from attending. If we know that attendance is encouraged for this one, let's get organized now -working out transportation details, etc.

If any have had positive experiences with local press, this might be a good opportunity to set up a local gathering on that day and invite the press. Provide them with some solid information, including that great article ( the one written after last hearing), personal stories, etc.. Maybe even have representatives at the hearing provide phone contact during the session for an update.

Posts: 422 | From Herndon, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed the Hartford Courant person was there. Perhaps we could send letters of support there??

It was SOOOO worth the trip to see Dr. J SMILE when he saw all the people filling the room!

Many, many thanks to all who prayed, donated, went and sent cyber hugz to him!!!!

I am wiped out and still quite disgusted with the whole ordeal this wonderful man is being put through.

Hopefully, someone more eloquent can fill everyone in.

I also thought this was the last hearing.

I hope we can show them we are a force to be reckoned with!!!!!! [woohoo]

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came late as usual. At 10:30, I snuck in the side door and found a wall of people standing!!

A woman with long blond hair was in the hot seat between the two sides. She had a pretty tweed suit, her hair was tied back in a ponytail.

Sitting in the audence behind her were her two older children and her new baby girl. Her older daughter was holding the baby, carrying her in and out of the room, parting the smiling crowd as she passed-juggling a bottle and tiny blanket.

The witness spoke with calmness and intellegence-she seemed small and quiet but very articulate. She talked for a long long time about things like watching her babies suffer years of illnesses.

As an ER nurse she knew the difference between a kid trying to get attention and a real problem. "Two year olds don't just run in the house during play, drop to the floor and cry that their head hurts over and over." They had neuropathy in fingers, sensitivity to light and sound.

She told about the kids nightmares, chronic aches and pains, pulling off ticks -- big rashes,identifying I. scapularis tick, recurring rashes, constant crying jags...

One night her daugter stopped watching TV and said "I can't breath!" They rushed her to ER and she was fine when they got there.

(There were more of these stories but I forget them all)

Before being an ER nurse she working as a forest ranger person near yellowstone in CA. (I may have missed this but I think she had lyme during her pregnancies cause she talked later about congenital lyme)

She was asked why she picked a doc so far away? Why didn't she go to the clinics in CA? She went down the list of all the places she tried to get them in and was put on 1-2 year waiting lists. When she would tell them congenital lyme they immediately talked about a long waiting list or told her to go elsewhere.

She called dr. J and he did not diagnose over the phone but recieved a fax of all the kids medical records. The boy's school said he was disruptive in class due to all the coughing.

She couldn't get a refill on his zithromax- the clinic she took him to had one doc prescibe the first RX of zith and doc said the bring him back cause the problem has been going on for so long he my need several rounds of it.

When he didn't get completly well, she went back to the clinic but only a PA was there who said - no more abx ...the origional doc was a travelling doc...

So Dr. J got the records, spoke to the clinic and refilled the script (this was a huge moment of confusion for medical board since she wasn't sure exactly how the script was sent, via fax or mail or phone or maybe even if it came from clinic and not Dr. J...

She just knew some collaborative effort produced a prescription.

She spent a great deal of time taling about her relationship to her ex. He was abusive physically and emotionally--he didn't pay for their medical bills--he threatened to get even with her and all the doctors treating the kids.

He bit the kids and they didn't like him. He drank. He was fired from his job.

He was furious about her son being home bound schooled and blamed her but she said it was a collaborative effort between the school psych nurse and dr. J. He vowed to bring everyone down.--threatened to take the kids away from her.

He lived with them for two years. Her older daughter was a twin, twinbaby died at 17 weeks.

She was hit by a drunk driver and went on disability.

She is now divorcing her second husband- alluded to infidelity or lack of character....he doesn't want to have anything to do with infant.

(The above stuff was a little over the top for the medical board--I'm not sure if it was necessary but I felt horrible for this poor woman.)

The most important part was the end of her testimony when she said tha medicine isn't black and white and that as a mother her job was to turn over every stone and do everything in her power to make sure her kids got the right care.

She knew tests were only a surviellance tool and didn't pay attention to the neg tests...she said lyme ignorance is like the early days of aids.

We are now on the brink of learning more about lyme. Dr. J should not recieve any diciplinary action for his treatment of her children and there should be more physicans who are forward thinking and open minded- who listen to patients..

when she finished, the crowd erupted in applause and her son hugged her---many including me were in tears.

So there is my synopsis- I am tired and hope others will fill in or revise as necessary--there were many many people there taking notes.

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DJP
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DJP     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Humanbeing,

It was great to see so many people there in support of Dr. J.

I just wanted to add the board really focused on asking her if Dr. J diagnosed the children over the phone. She adamantly replied no he did not each time she was asked.

Also, they focused on whether or not Dr. Jones called in the prescription before seeing the kids. Her answer was that the clinic she went told her to contact Dr. Jones and she didn't know if Dr. J called in the prescription or the clinic. As humanbeing said she just knew some collaborative effort produced a prescription

I think these areas are important because they are part of the charges against Dr. J which the board has said in the past they were focusing on.

The witness was articulate and really answered the questions and made corrections where the board had incorrect information.

It was heartbreaking to listen to her story as it was all to familiar to many of us! Yes, I was crying as usual because no parent/child or Lyme patient should have to go through what she and many other have been through.

There is another hearing and I guess it will be in November some time.

Posts: 441 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Human, thank you for the story. I am watery-eyed to read it. What a strong and courageous woman and a good witness for Dr. J. The Board will show itself very demonic to rule against him.

To all who attended, a big thank you - for me, from California, it was not possible.

Many bows of appreciation!

[bow] [bow] [bow] [bow] [bow]

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lymeout:

If any have had positive experiences with local press, this might be a good opportunity to set up a local gathering on that day and invite the press. Provide them with some solid information, including that great article ( the one written after last hearing), personal stories, etc.. Maybe even have representatives at the hearing provide phone contact during the session for an update.

Sounds like a great idea!!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, too, am so glad there was a good turn out for Dr. J and that the lyme community is showing their support either by being there, or in letters or financially or all 3.

As I am reading this, I realized I did not know exactly what the medical board is having to decide yeah or nay on.

It sounds as if it is whether or not Dr. J prescribed drugs without seeing the patient first. Is this correct?

I have always wondered about this as I have had people tell me they have called their physician when they have gotten a tick bite and some have said they needed to come in first. Whereas others were prescribed abx over the phone so to speak via a pharmacy.

I know the later is the exception to the rule but I was just curious as to what the rule is regarding prescribing medicine over the phone.

IN the past, I have had doctor's call in a drug for me but it is usually for a condition they have previously treated me for and I am out of town.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hides1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hides1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Jones is treating all three of my children and I have the greatest respect for the man. I drove from PA yesterday and was very happy to see the outcome of yesterday's testimony.

The witness was very articulate and told a story about her sick child that I beleive many mothers are going through. She perservered and found the truth. It was wonderful to see the boy who had gone through so much and how much Dr. J had helped him. The testimony was riveting and I too was very teary eyed at the end. I know no one was supposed to clap, but you couldn't help it. There was a standing ovation and for the parent and her son. Dr. Jones was delighted to see everyone.

The state asked only 2 questions to the witness- which surprised me greatly. That lawyer seemed very unorganized and was sweating a lot. Dr. J's laywer was excellent and very well spoken. The panel is supposed to be made up of 12 or 15 people I believe and only 3 were there yesterday to hear this testimony. I know the others will get the transcript to make their judgment but it's a shame they weren't there to feel the emotion in the room.

The panel asked maybe 3 or 4 questions and then it was over. Once again they asked repeatedly if Dr. J did the Zithromax prescription. I find this amazing because how many doctors do we know that called in a script because they are too busy to take more patients in a day. It goes on all the time. There is no way this man should lose his license- he is a living saint and his work will go in the history books.

Posts: 238 | From Bethlehem, PA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings!

Back home.. LONG trip ... VERY tired.

But.. I had to say a HUGE thank you to EVERYONE who showed up at the hearing.. and THANKS to those who have donated to the defense fund.. and THANKS to all who wrote letters when they were needed. THEN I will hit the hay.

Thanks also to the posters who shared the info with others. You did a GREAT job.

Humanbeing.. your description was so... so... so... well... descriptive .. HA! NO , I'm not tired...

Anyhow.. it was so good I actually felt I was there!

Oh.. that's right.. I WAS there! HA!And it made me cry too! AGAIN!

And looky here. See what can be done when we work together?

ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY ONE PEOPLE!!!

I love it when a plan comes together! You all are beautiful! But my bet is I'll love you MUCH more after I get some sleep!

[Big Grin]

night night...

Oh yea..

Melanie mentioned, of Dr. Jones..

"He was thrilled with the turn-out and wanted everyone to know that he was also so appreciative to ALL that wrote in with letters of support..."

MY fault! I rattled on and on till her machine cut me off. I was hurrying so I could give as many details as possible.. and it was a confusing message.

Just so you know.. We don't need any letters right now. I meant he was happy about all the support that came in many ways, from everyone.

May I suggest?

YES MANY people PLEASE come to the next hearing. BUT.. before we swamp the media or contact them about this.. please know...

Some are NOT friendly to us. Some must be "worked with" as we go along through the process so they get the entire picture.. and both sides. My thought would be that inviting "everyone" may be a problem at this point?

This is MY opinion.. and for now it stands as just that.. my opinion... until I have time to check out more and have others who are MUCH smarter than me... advise me of the right thing to do. Will update the board when I learn more.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No.. I can't sleep yet.

Had to say..

I had a chance to meet Dr. J's little angels.. the P.A and those who handle the office and do all the daily work there.

WONDERFUL folks!!! Bless their hearts!

Also.. I had a chance to play with the main witnesses two children for a bit.

Lovely, well-mannered, cute as a button.. and..

HEALTHY!

Soooooooooooo... My question would be..

WHY IN BLUE BLAZES ARE THEY ATTACKING A MAN WHO FIXES CHILDREN AND GIVES THEM BACK THEIR LIVES?

They are actually prosecuting a man who ..

DID A GOOD JOB ... THAT NO ONE ELSE COULD DO!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

[Mad]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 14 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to all for getting there and showing the support!

And thanks to those who posted above to fill us in.

I have a question though. Humanbeing said that the woman contracted Lyme in Yellowstone in CA. Yellowstone isnt in CA. Did you mean to say Yosemite? This is implortant because Lyme in Yosemite and surrounding areas is STILL not recognised by doctors. (as this woman is witness to)

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One piece of brain here.. one there.. and NO thoughts left in this old head.. but..

I MUST say how wonderful it was to see the old gang at the hearing.. and to be able to meet some more new folks finally! MY pleasure. I only wished I would have had time to meet EVERYONE!!!

Now.. I gotta run. Seems SOMEBODY missed me.

"Hey, can you put my shoes in the dryer.. they got wet last night cause I left them out on the porch and it rained." "Did I tell you about the big show? I have to have all those boxes packed and ready tonight.. can you help?" "No, there are no left overs from the crockpot FULL of goose, potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and onions you fixed two nights ago. Some friends came over while you were gone... and they really liked it... so I don't know what we can have for supper tonight?"

[Eek!]

Nice to be home!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LARGE room.. lots of people.. VERY hard to hear all of the testimony... but when she said "ranger" I listened closer.

I do believe she said Yosemite.. not Yellowstone... plus I know Yellowstone isn't in CA... so I assumed that is what she said.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Tincup:
My question would be..

WHY IN BLUE BLAZES ARE THEY ATTACKING A MAN WHO FIXES CHILDREN AND GIVES THEM BACK THEIR LIVES?

They are actually prosecuting a man who ..

DID A GOOD JOB ... THAT NO ONE ELSE COULD DO!

Tincup, I think you meant that he did a job no one else WOULD do!!!

I wondered about the Yellowstone thing. I've been to both Yellowstone and Yosemite....and was a tad confused by what she said.

How about someone posting the address for donations again?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tincup..Glad you are home safe..Now go cook something for the ones you left behind and get some sleep..hugs lmt
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jessiemacmom
Member # 2425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jessiemacmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was so very grateful to find this thread today ! I was thinking about Dr. Jones and the hearing all day yesterday and started looking early this morning for news.

I was in a similar position several years ago as a frantic mother with a very sick child that I could not get correctly diagnosed, nor help for.

I thank God that I found the Lymenet site, this message board and through the wonderful people here, was directed to Dr. Jones.

We have traveled quite a few times now, all the way from the deep south to see him.

My daughter went from being so sick that she had to receive homebound schooling and her health seemed to be declining with every passing day.
Now she is a healthy, happy, high school honor student with almost perfect attendance, thanks completely to her guardian angel, Dr. Jones and his wonderful staff.

We were just up there last week for a re-check and it is always a very emotional experience as I fully credit Dr. Jones with giving my child back her life.

I havent posted here in a year or so, but I had a feeling that if there was news anywhere about what happened yesterday, I could find it here first.

Thank you [Smile]

[ 30. September 2006, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: jessiemacmom ]

--------------------
quote:
I have..many promises to keep,
and miles to go before I sleep..

Robert Frost
...and every Lyme mom out there who fights to advocate for her child..

Jessiemacmom

Posts: 65 | From Ga. USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 7 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At Lymetoo's request:

Charles Ray Jones, MD
Legal Defense Fund
c/o George Heath III
26 Fairlawn Drive
Wallingford, CT 06492
(in the check memo field please place the word "gift")

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjbucuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 843

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjbucuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have sent my letters of support directly to Dr Jones office in New Haven. I am really thinking of trying to fly up for Nov 16th if I can get the arrangements made with the high school that I teach in................ I guess I wouldn't mind if I even couldn't get inside the court room due to crowds.......... shouldn't we all be there for this final one if possible??? [group hug]
Posts: 758 | From now TX | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanbeing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8572

Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanbeing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, Yosemite it is...(I didn't take any notes and don't know my parks very well)

Tincup...you are such a character, I am sorry we didn't meet. I had to run to my kids school after hearing...maybe next time.

I think the charges are about prescribing over the phone without seeing the patient. I remember Dr. P said that he knew telemedicine went on all over the place but wasn't sure about the rules in ct.

This really makes me mad...how many of us haven't gotten someone to write us a script for something or other. Dr. J did see the kids but in was a few weeks after he supposedley "refilled" a doctors previous prescription.

If he gets any diciplinary action it will be a sin and we must storm the capitol in an organized way in full force with lots of big signs and TV stations.

If he doesn't then this trial will be a good start to lyme awareness in this ignorant state due to all the publicity.

On a different note, I am on a mission to print copies of the upcoming lyme conference brochures and bring them to all the doc offices I can visit...along with copies of the ILADS guidelines and recent article by Dr. P in the courant.

My plan is to personally ask to speak with the physician and extend a personal invitation to be on the cutting edge of lyme treatment...

What do you think? Of course, I will get laughed out of there but you can't deny that education is the first step...I think the state of CT and other lyme endemic states should be paying for at least the ID community to attend these important meetings...

Any thoughts?

--------------------
We are spiritual beings on a human journey...

www.ruggierogallery.com

Posts: 906 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is an election year...

I will be writing to the legislators even though I am out of state.

THEY should KNOW what is going on and also KNOW that WE KNOW what is going on.

Who appoints these Medical Board people???

Who gets to be on 'the PANEL'???????

IS there any connection to vested interests, like Yale or insurance??????

Don't you want to know????

Don't we have a right to know????????????????????????????

FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 5 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might not hurt to contact the would-be legislators in CT too?

Thanks for the good turn-out and support for Dr. Jones yesterday, everyone!

--------------------
"Help Or Be Helpless" Please visit "Activism" board daily. See the threads regarding the IDSA Guidelines crisis and the threads about Dr. Charles Ray Jones and decide how best to help today!

Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Thank you for all the details about hearing, etc.

Definitely, our state senators and house reps in DC should be sent emails/letters about what Dr. Jones and Jemsek have been thru! Bettyg [Big Grin]

lou
Member # 81

The panel members can decide to take away the license of the only pediatrician in the country that specializes in lyme, and they don't even have to attend the hearings?

What is wrong with this picture? If jurors in a civil court were missing, would the trial continue?

The panel didn't even have a quorum.

hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is what I heard from the people sitting next to me at the hearing. I do not know if this is correct.

They said the purpose of all these hearings was to decide whether to send the whole thing to the full medical board. If these are in fact preliminary hearings I can't imagine what the final ones would be like. I hope this is not true.

Perhaps ellenluba could get the facts to us about whether these are the final hearings, whether the whole board makes the decision. whether the whole board reads transcripts, hears tapes, sees video etc. I'm sure Dr. Jones Attorney will know the procedure.
hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like clarification to that as well.

It could be good - or bad - if these are preliminary hearings...depending.

I don't see how they "have anything" on this Doc either way.

The trouble will be if this was/is a pre-determined lynching, involving the kind of curruption Sizz is speaking of.

In which case, IMO, we should be considering storming the capitol BEFORE any lisencure limitations or removal, not after.
And we would need a very well organized plan.

But, we need some info from the legal team on particulars before we discuss that idea any further, IMO. There's too much at stake to shoot from the hip on this one.

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can bet it is, at least to a considerable degree, a witch hunt with a certain amount of pre-determination because the thing went to hearing at all. However, looking at testimony alone, and the charges - and the way the health department has taken the case and questioning..

They are operating with little merit.

The charges are for prescribing an extension of abx for a lasting cough, working with a local clinic to the extent that Mom can't even remember who gave the script in the end.

NOT about chronic Lyme treatment.

Yet, the DOH attorney keeps bringing chronic Lyme treatment into play - on the offence, yet actively
tries to block the subject from the defence. Jones' legal team has done a great job of navigating that and pointing it out at every turn. The most recent blockage was denial of Jones' patient's testimonies.
How can they shoot down chronic Lyme treatment, and refuse to hear patient testimony regarding it's efficacy in these kids?

Mom from Nevada told us she had no idea she was speaking for the whole comminity in coming to testify for Jones -
but she and her beautiful children, their cases, spoke wonderfully and eloquently as a testiment to Jones' impecable care, and the efficacy thereof.

The character of the husband who brought the charges was also important to bring to light.
He's a far less than upstanding dude. He apparently filed the charge out of malice toward Mom.

Jones has had previous charges which were never picked up, also lacking merit - so why did this one get glommed onto -
wouldn't have anything to do with timing, medical politics, ILADS advancements, federal legislation, Fallon's research center, Jones recent activism, and motive of the crusty old boy's network, now, would it? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
But, alas, those acting out of arrogance always trip themselves up - it's an unwritten law of nature.

Jones himself has been a beacon of light, truth, and composure - his intellect and professionalism has shone through at every hearing.

Philips was magnificent - as is everyone there supporting Jones in front of and behind the scenes.

The Hartford Courant has stepped ip to the plate in a necessary, timely, and effective fashion.
Please continue to write and support that publicarion and Gary, the reporter, for all he is doing. Making it public is a critical piece, and we are safe with him, because he has demonstrated a keen understanding and sence of dignity that is rare in reporters.

IMO - we should stick with what is working and not go to broad media without advice from the legal team.

As it stands - while we know there is an injustice in just bringing this thing top hearing, and in the DOH attorney's operations -

I believe it has come to the point where, if the legal team can continue to operate as they have (PLEASE support the defence fund financially!!..get creative and get friends and family to as well - widen the circle)

-- a case is being built to illustrate the lack of substance behind the origional charges, as well as the chronic Lyme treatment curve balls.

The CDC says diagnosis is clinical, after all.

We have truth on our side, but we all have to work together to support the front line players and Doctor Jones in continuing to do what they have done a tremendous job with so far.

Stay the course and take it all the way. We could come out of this with not only protection for Jones, but a big shift in the wind as a result.

NOT because the medical board does the right thing, as I think they will only do that if the pressure continues building in the areas of focus already begun - and that pressure causes them to back down, for fear of looking rediculous as more and more light is shone on the truth.

So, not from them really - but the shift could come out of all that has come to light as a result of these hearings.

If you have ever read a book called "The Power of Now" -- it's strongest message is regarding how to view adversity, great challange.

It says: Look at whatever the present moment contains and accept is as though you had chosen it. Always workwith it, never against it. Make it your friend and ally, never your emnemy. Accept, then act. This will miraculously tranform your whole life.

I believe that is what is happening now, and if we all join in that focus, accept then act in support - we will prevail.

Mo

[ 30. September 2006, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: Mo ]

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 7 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well-said,MO!

[Wink]

bettyg
Unregistered

Mo, wonderful comments; Lou, you too about the LACK OF A QUORUM! disgraceful. Bettyg [cussing]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement