LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Getting ready to rock the ducks... need help (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Getting ready to rock the ducks... need help
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have many BIG projects coming down the pike.

THIS project is vital to the cause... and one of the first things we always need done.

if you can do one of the following items for your state, please let us know.. but please, do not attempt to do all of them. It's too much to ask for one person to do it all... so we need to share the duties.

THANKS!

`````````````````````````````````````````````

1. Make an updated list of ALL of your state's Senators and House members EMAIL addresses.. ready to copy and paste into an address bar.

2. Make a list of all of your state Senator's names, phone numbers, and mailing addresses so it can be used and/or posted at a moments notice to make last minute calls and mail outs.

3. Make a list of all FEDERAL contacts Congressmen, etc) for your state. Some have web sites, emails, phone numbers, etc.

4. Check the support groups listed here at LymeNet for YOUR state.. upper left corner of the screen... to see if the groups are still active and if they have updated their information lately. Then copy and paste your entire state's support groups email addresses together to be used as needed to get messages out.

```````````````````````````````````````````````

PLEASE post the type of project you would like to pick... HERE.. and what state it is from.. so we can get started and don't duplicate each others efforts. Do this BEFORE you start the work.. so others aren't duplicating it. Also check the link below to be sure it hasn't been done either!!

THANKS!!!

This might even be a good project for teens to do on their summer vacation??

[Big Grin]

[ 23. July 2006, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Tincup ]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ANy takers in PA..I could help someone do this..
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC ~ I'll start on FL State Senate email addys and then move to the House, k?

Just a list separated by commas, right? Ready to cut and paste to email? I can do that for sure! [Smile]

BRB

--------------------
more light, more love
more truth and more innovation

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy cow TRUE! You are too fast for me!!!

Thanks! And..

Please see instructions below.. and this time.. let's see if you can follow them.

HA! That was a FUNNY. I was kidding!!!! hehehe

[Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin]

And LMT... if you want to start on any of the items for PA... you might want to check with TOFU first?

They might have a list for PA?? I just thought about that!!! They came through for us in Maryland a couple of years ago when we were jamming for the bills and too busy to breathe... so maybe check there first.. and THANKS for the offer!

Now..

Since sending me the emails on an email won't allow me to easily copy and paste them..

And since I don't have a volunteer to collect all of them...

Why not put them on LymeNet directly.. for use by whomever?

I'll start a post in the Activism section for everyone to use to post their results.

I hope that is good? Anyone see any problems with it? That way at 2 AM.. I don't need to rattle someones cage to get the addresses for AZ, for example. I can.. and YOU can.. work directly from the board.

Great start! Thanks!!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To post your work.. please go to this link and use one section for each response:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=000350

THANKS!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up up and away!

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I posted it but am not sure I followed the directions right. I think I did but thinking may not be my strong suit ATM.

Maybe go look.

The only drawback, I can see, is if LymeNet is down when you want the information.

--------------------
more light, more love

Posts: 3783 | From somewhere other than here | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks True.. that was perfect! Exactly right.

Once the list gets more entries.. I will forward it to other groups so they can use it as needed. Last year .. and the year before.. and in other years.. trying to do all that AND do what was needing to be done at the last minute was near impossible. And it took soooooo much time!

This is great!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

lymedesign
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymedesign     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll work on NJ for you.

I have a question though. Some of the senators have direct emails, but alot in NJ have email links (not direct) do you want those listed separately from direct emails? I figured this would be better.

Maybe I am not lloking in the right place for direct emails, but the sites I googled all had the same info.

Anyone else have a better site to access emails?

Posts: 263 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Good morning!

I will "chat" on this site as to not clutter up the work page over in activism.

I see Robi has posted for Virginia.. and has done BOTH state Senate and House. TANKS so MUSH ROBI!!! Your contribution is now officially a part of our Lyme history.

And LookingforHope has done the FEDERAL senators and house members for IOWA!!! Way to go Lookin'. THANKS!!! This will help LOTS!

Each time we click on that link.. our lives will be MUCH easier... and we will get more done ... and faster!

[woohoo]

`````````````````````````````````````````````

Lyme Design... Whatever is easiest for you!

You can see how it looks once you start it.. and know that others will have to be able to understand it.. so please "design" it the way you feel appropriate. And thanks!!!

```````````````````````````````````````````````

Cave.. tanks fer de link. You too cool!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll start on Georgia.

I have the all the intel I think except for the state senator's address & phone #'s.

I have found it here; http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005_06/senate/publications/Georgia%20State%20Senate.xls

It is in a MS Excel format, I do not have that program and it will not let me copy/paste, even if I email to myself and try to edit there.

Will someone from GA that has the program be able to do this posting?

[ 26. July 2006, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: stella marie ]

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stella marie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7216

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stella marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup I've made an edit ( I found them !)to the Georgia House Members email.....

Please add to recent mailings if you can......

Thanks so much,

Stella Marie

[ 24. July 2006, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: stella marie ]

--------------------
Stella Marie

Posts: 694 | From US | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Stella Maria... Georgia looks good!!! They sure didn't make it easy for you.. did they?

In cases where they have mostly all websites.. if there isn't an email address (compared to a click on form)... perhaps just list the web site only?

You can also copy and paste the phone numbers/addresses if that is easier?

You can make that determination. Pretend YOU have to contact all of the folks in your state. What would be the best way YOU think it could be done?

Sorry I can't go to all of the sites myself.. but you all can make that decission.

THANK YOU Stella Marie... good work!!!

````````````````````````````````````````````

Also.. just so you know..

I was so inspired by everyone's work.. I've already taken advantage by sending out the recent LDA press release to all of the email addresses that have been posted so far.. from each of you!!!

I drafted letters to fit each state and group.. and they are in their faces right now.. as we speak!

I couldn't have.. wouldn't have.. been able to do that without YOU!

My goal is to keep open communications with them.. by sending an ocassional email as news pops up. Then when we NEED them.. they will be familiar with our cause.. and won't sit there surprised saying.. what? who? huh?

So THANKS for the BIG TIME help! All states that get posted will get the same action.

[Big Grin]

NOW.. time for breakfast!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

AmyInMI
Member # 9506

Icon 6 posted      Profile for AmyInMI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will start working on Michigan [Smile]
Posts: 73 | From just outside of Lansing, MI | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC - I did New York State Senators and posted the addresses in Activism.

I'll do the Assembly tonight as it will take a little more time than I thought - but I will do it.

Have a great day!!!

Acorn

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,

Looking for HOpe/Amy from Iowa is new and went to a site with OUTDATED info. I've been in contact privately with her to get correct info to you and just EDIT out the wrong stuff.

Just wanted you to know since 1 rep had been gone for 2 years!

I'll pass along support group info to other people since they are DIRECTLY involved in leadership of the group. 7-26, I sent email to Troutscout & Cathy Cuddeback, Iowa LDA group leaer.

Tincup, IOWA "senators" & "reps" ... I will attempt this by contacting to Ames sen/reps in next 2 days. This should already be done, and they should just be able to send it email! I HOPE! fingers crossed!

Looking for Hope/Amy just joined yesterday, and look how AWSUMB and motivated she was at getting this info to you promptly! WAY TO GO AMY! Bettyg

[ 28. July 2006, 03:33 AM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Acorn and Tin -

I got yer back on NY assembly over in activism.

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Mo!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymedesign
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymedesign     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tin-cup,

I am not real happy with my homework on NJ. Maybe this is an indication that this State is way behind in technology. There were very few direct emails. I hope what I did is ok. I'm still looking for that elusive master list for NJ, it has to out there somewhere in cyberspace.

However, In my searches I did find some States that were very organized and had emails listed very neatly. To make it up to you, I'll try posting for some other states too.

Posts: 263 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Icon 5 posted      Profile for trueblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, sorry!

I'm still stymied about the email form thing. [dizzy]

Any idea how to get around this and get the state representatives' emails for Florida?

I'll start working on other contact info but I really want those emails.

Suggestions for the semi-computer literate anyone? [confused]

--------------------
more light, more love

trueblue
Member # 7348

I'm also trying to figure out a way to list the other contact info in an orderly fashion and only glean(sp?) what's needed.

This an example of what it looks like on one senator's page:

Senator
JD Alexander
Majority (Republican) Whip

District Offices:
122 East Tillman Ave. Suite 1
Lake Wales, FL
(863)679-4411
SunCom: 515-2250
FAX: (863)679-4413
FAX SunCom: 515-2252
Statewide:
1-800-444-9747

Legislative Assistant:
Rebecca "Betsy" Aycock

167 West Center Ave.
Sebring, FL 33870
(863) 386-6016
SunCom: 742-6016

Legislative Assistant:
Larry Ford

225 5th Street SW
Winter Haven, FL 33880
(863) 298-7677
SunCom: 515-7006
FAX: (863)298-7680
FAX SunCom: 515-7012

Legislative Assistant:
Patty Harrison

Tallahassee Office:
Room 405
Senate Office Building
404 South Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL
32399-1100
(850) 487-5044
SunCom: 277-5044

Email:
alexander.jd.web@
flsenate.gov

--------------------------------------------------

This is what I think is actually useful but doesn't seem terribly user friendly in the long run.

JD Alexander

District Offices:
122 East Tillman Ave. Suite 1
Lake Wales, FL
(863)679-4411
FAX: (863)679-4413
Statewide:
1-800-444-9747

Tallahassee Office:
Room 405
Senate Office Building
404 South Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL
32399-1100
(850) 487-5044

Email:
alexander.jd.web@
flsenate.gov

Is ther a better way to list them that I'm not thinking of? Thanks for any input.

Did I mention the first day of ketek thing. [dizzy]

--------------------
more light, more love

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,
Are you asking for every states entire state assembly or unicameral as its called here or ONLY the federal offices in Washington D.C of representatives and Senators for each state.

if you are talking every area of every state at state level you are talking MASSIVE info. We only have one house here(only state in union to be so organized) but still 42 or 46 people I think(I forget such stuff) That would translate to 2500 people and adresses AT LEAST

If DC legislators only not so many, I think 5 from here!!

I am confused which is what state I live in,,,The State of Confusion. I am the only rep from THERE.

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup, fyi, I went to the activism post you have, but when you click on it; it goes to never-never land with NO text appearing.

I PM'd LOU B for his assistance; just wanted to let you know ok.

lymedesign
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8791

Trueblue,

My state's (NJ) information is listed just like yours on the NJ web sites. What I tried to do is make different sections for different purposes.

For instance, I would copy and paste just the email info. you have in a group only separated by commas. This was someone looking to just email can copy and paste from this area of your post.

It is really time consuming, but the only way I have figured out how to do it. I copy and pasted all info to a word document and then starting editing out all unwanted info.

A question I have is: I started working on the state of RI. They have a neatly condensed list of emails. However they still have to be copy and pasted individually to make a list. But big question here.....the email addresses are all underlined in their original form. Can they be used in this format or do I have to type them all over without the "underline"???

I don't want to post something that is not usable.

What do you think???

trueblue
Member # 7348

quote:
Originally posted by lymedesign:
Trueblue,

My state's (NJ) information is listed just like yours on the NJ web sites. What I tried to do is make different sections for different purposes.

For instance, I would copy and paste just the email info. you have in a group only separated by commas. This was someone looking to just email can copy and paste from this area of your post.

It is really time consuming, but the only way I have figured out how to do it. I copy and pasted all info to a word document and then starting editing out all unwanted info.

A question I have is: I started working on the state of RI. They have a neatly condensed list of emails. However they still have to be copy and pasted individually to make a list. But big question here.....the email addresses are all underlined in their original form. Can they be used in this format or do I have to type them all over without the "underline"???

I don't want to post something that is not usable.

What do you think???

Thanks lymedesign,
I already did the state senators' emails, that was a cinch but can't figure out how to organise the rest of the information.

The House has no emails only those forms to fill in and I've only found emails for one county. There are 67 in FL. [Roll Eyes]

I think I should go through each Legislator as above and put: name, addresses(do I need distric offices AND the Tallahassee ones or just one?) and phone but I don't know what would be the best way to make it actually useable for the people that use these lists.

All of it togehter will be very confusing and time consuming to sort through. There's got to be a simpler, more logical, way.

I think the underlining works out fine, that's how the one's for the FL senators just cut and pasted and I think they're ok. (I hope.)

Basically at this point I'm looking for input as to how TC thinks the phone numbers and mailing addresses woudl be most useful.

TC, you out there? Sorry to be a pain but am sure with just a little hint, ha, I can do this. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
more light, more love

Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make your life easier. Before you do the work, call your state! They may already have this available in electronic format.

I don't have any reps because I live in the taxed without representation territory of Washington, DC. But I will reach out to contacts to see what they have already put together on the US House and Senate.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This should help us to help tincup. click on the link and it gives detailed instructions on how to find your legislators:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=014160

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just sent an email out to a listserv of people I graduated policy school with. I asked if any already had this available for the US House and Senate or for a specific state. Good way to do a little Lyme education to the list at the same time [Smile]

I will also contact non-Lyme activists I know in some states through work. They might have this already as well.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

quote:
Originally posted by 5dana8:
This should help us to help tincup. click on the link and it gives detailed instructions on how to find your legislators:

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=014160

Thanks Dana!
That works for the US Senate and House. As does the link Cave put up.

The problem on my end is with the legislators in the State Senate and House.

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
more light, more love

Tincup
Member # 5829

Good Golly Miss Molly!!!

Sorry I was busy kicking bad boys butts today in our state crapital so I wasn't able to come online till now... and WOW look what you all have done!

So many questions for me too... and unfortunately I am pretty brain dead since the meeting. But.. I WILL try.

I don't know all the answers to questions concerning the individual states. It may take some looking to find the best way to do this.. and some fancy foot work too.. so by all means check on links others are posting... as it might help you to narrow down things!

Yes.. it can be tedious work.. one at a time, copy and paste. That is why we need help now instead of waiting till the last minute... at crunch time! Do NOT think this has to be done in one setting.. OK?

We have some time... so please go at your own pace. This is not a race.

I will simply say we need to be able to go to one spot (here on the board would be nice)... and copy and paste as many email addresses as possible, to put in our email address bars.. so we aren't hand doing one at a time.

And yes... sometimes we ONLY need to contact FEDERAL legislators for federal stuff.. so they should be seperate from each STATE's list of representatives. Sometimes a state will need to do something .. so we need BOTH House and Senate members for YOUR chosen state listed out.

NOW.. if they have web pages where you must fill out a form.. simply list the web page links. Nothing we can do about that mess... except just to hope YOU don't live in THAT state and have to do everything the HARD way!

Lyme design said..

"It is really time consuming, but the only way I have figured out how to do it. I copy and pasted all info to a word document and then starting editing out all unwanted info."

That is the way I have had to do it in the past.. so if there is a better way.. anyone (?)... please share. Otherwise.. NOT an easy job, I know!

As for the list of names and addresses.

When we need folks to call or snail mail.. we need to go to the state page here.. find the Legislators names... and be able to copy and paste their name and vital information to an email or a post... to have folks alerted to call them... while providing the info there too.

For example..

If I needed to contact all Florida Federal Representatives to ask they support our federal bills...

I should hope to go to Florida state on our list.. then immediately see all their names and numbers so we can copy and paste that to an email .. OR.. sit ther and use the list as we call each one's office.

Let me go see what you all have so far.. and again.. sorry I was away till now.

Be back shortly!

[Big Grin]

OH.... and THANKS!!!! I'll say that NOW... BEFORE I see what you've done! HA!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tin, I do hope you kicked butt today..Also I sent an email to the Gettysburg contact so will see what needs to be done when they get back to me..

Or Thurs, I will start on some of it myself..lmt

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minoucat
Member # 5175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minoucat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For information about state legislators, go to

Project Vote Smart and click on your state.

Go to the Legislative Resources heading, and you'll find your state house and senate members.

For Washington state, go to http://www.loc.gov/rr/news/stategov/stategov.html

You can also find your state legislature info via http://www.loc.gov/rr/news/stategov/stategov.html

And there's a page for WA state LD activism at http://www.geocities.com/finchwar/walymepol.htm

Yahoo does not let one send large mass mailings. So I've found it much easier to use the electronic messaging system that WA state has created -- I just paste my letter into the form provided. I use Mozilla, which will automatically fill in the requested info (name, address, etc.) for me.

--------------------

RECIDITE, PLEBES! Gero rem imperialem!
(Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business.)

Posts: 2331 | From WA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Lymies,

I noticed a MAJOR ERROR last night when reading the list in ACTIVISM post. Bottom line this is it:

after EACH person's name, show the comma, and then LEAVE ONE SPACE AFTER EACH NAME OK!

if 2 names are together like this: betty,tincup ... it will NOT SEND; it will show up as an error and the ENTIRE LIST WILL NOT GO until you find the problem.

This happened to me last year when I was sending emails on the LEGISLATIVE BILLS, etc. going on.

So trying to get these things corrected now before the CRITICAL TIME arrives. We lymies can't deal with that much frustration in getting our political deadline emails to go correctly! [Big Grin]

I also suggested to Tincup this:

1. some of you are showing these where 2 names appear on one line, WHICH ACTUALLY WRAPS TO NEXT LINE AUTOMATICALLY ... good!

2. some are showing individual names per line. The only problem I see there from a former secretary's perspective is this:

lots of paper to print off individual names vs. 2 per line, etc. It's TC's decision .. but wanted to alert her as someone always prints out a hard copy for these online emails that sometimes get lost to never-never land! [Wink]

Please read my post in activism, I was just there earlier, and can't remember what I posted in early morning hours. I brought up 2 states that have a MAJOR problem of NO SPACES AFTER COMMAS, and I listed what I noticed. Can't remember if I said more or not ... duh! [Embarrassed] Bettyg

UPDATE IOWA:

LOOKINGFORHOPE, Amy, is redoing her senators/reps list for Iowa since what she got from another site was OUT OF DATE. She will resubmit when done.

IOWANS -- I emailed TROUTSCOUT & Cathy Cuddeback, Iowa's LDA Pres. to see if they would do the IOWA SUPPORT GROUP PAGE, and contact the other group with it's offspring branches.

If ANY of you IOWANS are currently doing anything too, please email me promptly by PM, and also Trout/Kent & Cathy . You can find their info in left hand column, support group, IOWA LDA..thanks! Don't want anyone duplicating efforts. Bettyg

bettyg
Unregistered

Tincup said on another thread about reinventing the wheel, I am also POLITICALLY ACTIVE ON:

AARP & ALZHEIMER'S issues....they have CURRENT list of ALL FEDERAL SENATORS/REPS.

So for states not gotten, that might be a place to work with where the work is organized already! Just my thoughts everyone ....
Bettyg [Big Grin]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CAUTION: Be sure to make a BACKUP COPY of your work ok!

n my case if I copied/pasted this to word or your word processor, I would make a backup on a FLOPPY DISK.

Someone couldn't attach the much info to word, so I suggested she copy/paste it to her private email.

Example, I use yahoo. So I would send an email to MYSELF and paste the contents in the body. This way I can still edit anytime.

I suggested to this person also to EDIT IN WORD; get all the problems done, and then copy/paste it to TINCUP'S ACTIVISM page.

You want to FILE SAVE every 5 minutes so you do not lose work! I lost one 50-75 PAGE legal railroad agreement once; never again to retype it all from scratch! Hope this helps you all when gthering your info.

Remember to have 1 blank line between EACH person where you have the names/full mailing addresses.

Please show the names/addresses this way:

TINCUP
707 LIVES HERE ST.
SOMEPLACE, MD 12345

Betty G and do this the rest of the way.

This way a NEWBIE who doesn't type, etc. can PRINT off the info and TAPE it to envelopes, etc....a time saver to them.

Do NOT show the address going across the page like this: 707 Lives Here St., Someplace, MD 12435, etc. It's so HARD to read this way and the person using the info gets lost often.

SHOW INFO VERTICALLY; not horizontal going across ok!

I'm thinking about all people TC will be contacting and asking them to send their state certain info ok! Hope this makes sense to you. If not, why doesn't it make sense to you? [Big Grin]

trueblue
Member # 7348

Tincup,

Meg is helping me (ok, really doing all the hard work as she's brilliant) with FL.

The FL posts on the Activism thread are in a few places, 3 I think. I will compile them into one post as soon as we have it all together and delete the old posts so it's all in one place.

We're working on the State House emails now; the marvelous meg found the site. [Smile] Will get them up when ever we've gathered the 120 emails.

Tricky state this Florida!

--------------------
more light, more love

Tincup
Member # 5829

BettyGeeeeeeeee..

Good work. No, not really.

It's Tony Tiger work! It's GREAT! THANKS!!!!

[Big Grin]

True and Meg. Meg and True.

It MUST be tired and I'm late!

THANK YOU for your work. It will make a big difference.

And thanks to all.. I can't see your names.. and my mind went blank. But I LOVE you.. unless you are the wicked witch from the Wizard of Oz... and you posted here when I wasn't looking.

That is some scary witch!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

If anyone can help with PA, please do so..I am a bit over my head at the moment with daughter's lyme/behavior and a county fair, where I was able to sneak in some lyme info...

Have still not heard from the Gettysburg contact I emailed..Maybe it is already done, I have not checked out the activism site..

Sorry...lmt, currently dragging butt..

trueblue
Member # 7348

Florida's - State - House of Reps emails...

are now complete and edited into the Contact thread in Activism. It's the 3rd post on that thread.

I made a note at the bottom of that thread that I will edit out later.

Definately, naptime!

thanks for your help Meg [hi]

--------------------
more light, more love

bettyg
Unregistered

For those of you who recently submitted to TC's activism post, please look for my latest post where I found 4-6 states with very MINOR problems needing corrections ok. thanks all..Bettyg

TC, I can't believe what a TALENTED bunch this is with ALL our lyme symptoms & memory loss! WAY TO GO GANG! [group hug] [kiss]

chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chroniccosmic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen anyone take Illinois yet, so I will start on that one.

Just got a new computer so lets see what she'll do! [Big Grin]

Posts: 460 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trueblue
Member # 7348

Thanks Meg! [hi]

I'm kind of tied up in brain fog and headaches for the moment but if you are looking for another state to help with:
quote:
Originally posted by lymemomtooo:
If anyone can help with PA, please do so..I am a bit over my head at the moment with daughter's lyme/behavior and a county fair, where I was able to sneak in some lyme info...

Have still not heard from the Gettysburg contact I emailed..Maybe it is already done, I have not checked out the activism site..

Sorry...lmt, currently dragging butt..

I'm sure your extensive talents would be much appreciated there. [Smile]

LMT, hehehe, good work on the county fair, yay!
Sending good thoughts and wishes for you and your daughter.

[group hug]

I'll start back in as soon as the fog begins to lift a bit. It took me like half an hour to write this [Roll Eyes] .

--------------------
more light, more love

bettyg
Unregistered

Meg, IOWA IS NOT CURRENT, but has been started!

Unless Amy had a chance to update with CURRENT INFO in there today, it is not done nor complete for federal.

I am currently sending an email to Iowa's senator & rep from Ames to get current email/PLUS and then to post here.

We will get the FEDERAL list begun by Amy corrected and additional info on it; believe 1 rep was not listed, etc.

Iowa's support group info will be checked into by Troutscout/Kent Larsen and Pres. Kathy Cuddeback about the various groups in Iowa....

Meg, a big THANK YOU for showing the states being done/worked on currently so at a quick glance others can see what NOT TO DO, but to start a new state...their own preferably! [group hug] [kiss]

I will also consider them COMPLETE when their corrections on anything wrong I caught has been done.

Would be nice if at the TOP of their original post FIRST LINE AFTER THEIR STATE with the info they show:

EDITED: Tincup and Betty, changes were corrected as you noted.
Hugs to all!
Bettyg

[ 29. July 2006, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meg, yes, "I'm a hard taskmaster" on this type of thing, but I hope no one has felt my whip marks left [bow] or [cussing] [Big Grin]

Sorry, but it rubbed off on me afer doing this type of thing for 30 years 7 months! [hi] It's a built in habit.

I care to much about this huge LYME POLITICAL project to have unintentional errors screw things up in the mailings. We don't handle stress well to begin with, and we definitely need to get our blood pressur down, right? At least it applies to me! [Roll Eyes]

I learned the hard way earlier this year when we all worked so hard. So just want things to run SMOOTHER this year when the fur flies fast & furious with no turnaround time. ha [dizzy]

But thank you for your compliments as well as Cave's from the other day. Someone's got to do it; so I volunteered my expertise.

Also, by getting the word out on how to do this CORRECTLY, they will not have to redo anything, we hope. Bettyg

bettyg
Unregistered

Tincup, my good buddy; may I respectfully suggest you edit your topic title, and after need help add: 50 states project

TC, we have so many newbies that they are unfamiliar with the terminology, ducks, etc. so may SOB, scroll on bye, without realizing the IMPORTANCE of this monumental task and time line. Just my humble opinion. I had my ice cream; did you? Of course...dumb question!

up for the 35 states who have NOT said they will take on THEIR OWN state to gather TC's info for our political lyme bills/misc. things happening.

Back up away, I think it was Meg who had a post showing ALL 15 states either DONE OR being worked on by others. Thanks everyone for getting involved in this, and please share the work load with others from your state so it doesn't become a burden to you.... Bettyg [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi gang! I'm back; reread the above; same many changes noted, and noticed things I missed the first time. I'll show by state in the order they came, NOT A-Z.

FLORIDA - Stansel..gov needs PERIOD after gov., then stargel ...GREAT WORK!

VIRGINIA, Robi - Fantastic; no mistakes I saw!

GEORGIA - Stella; wow, so many members..uffda!
GREAT WORK ... saw 1 MINOR mistake:
Sinkfield ga. NEEDS COMMA; ga., smith

VERMONT - Hurting Gramma, needs more work:

1. addresses need to go DOWN; not vertical just liked addressed on snail mail envelopes:

2. need emails as a GROUP LIST...see above for guideance; not individually. You need to copy/paste to your word processor & SAVE often so it's not lost ok.

Gramma, sorry to be a wet blanket for you.

OREGON - Meg, senators/reps..FANTASTIC JOB!

MICHIGAN - Amy, senators/reps OK...FANTASTIC JOB. I like how you were creative of having a COMPLETE mailing address! ONE SUGGESTION...

Please bold this one sentence you added with the one address being used to go to all senators.

US mail for ALL SENATORS can be addressed as follows: bold the next 3 lines of street, city/state/zip

Amy, I think my illegible note to me said also for you to do a GROUP email list...thanks!

NEW YORK, MO, state assembly ok..FANASTIC JOB

NEW JERSEY - LYME DESIGN needs some more work on:

1. needs GROUP FEDERAL senators emails;

2. separate the 2 phones on the city/state/zip so city, state, & zip are on 1 line;
next line shows phone no. ______ and ______

3. STATE senators, etc.
Lyme design, you need to have ONE BLANK LINE left between EACH name/address so we can tell at a glance where one starts & ends. example,

Sen. John Adler
street address
city/stae/zip

Sen. Diane Allan
same as above

MINOUCAT -- thanks for the great links where you can click on the map, and find YOUR state and get needed info for state & federal names, etc.! You're the best minou!

NEVADA - MEG, assembly & senate OK. FANTASTIC JOB!

ARIZONA - MEG, senate & house OK; FANTASTIC JOB!

UTAH - MEG, STATE senators/reps DONE; OK
FEDERAL sen/reps DONE..OK
MEG, KEEP UP THE OUTSTANDING WORK GIRL!

FLORIDA - TRUEBLUE ..OK..FANTASTIC JOB!

N. CAROLINA - NORTH STAR - reps/sen. OK
FANTASTIC JOB!

NEW MEXICO - ROBI, STATE sen/reps. OK; FANTASTIC JOB!

OHIO - Ann, found some other errors that stood out when looking again at your wonderfully aligned list; that's how I found them ... they were off 1 digit some lines!

it's these 6 district numbers that are wrong:

27, sta te combine STATE as one word;
28 not 288;
1 4 should be 14
34 NO SPACE
55 not 558
65 not 665
94 not 948

Good night ladies; I'm done proofreading; I couldn't read some of my other comments! uffda

GREAT JOB EVERYONE .. so terribly many names/addresses! Bettyg [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

Robi, before I forget it, VIRGINIA WAS OK!

Robi, your PM BOX IS FULL; please delete at lest 15-20 posts so folks can PM you. I would have sent this to you privately.

FANTASTIC JOB, and I do wish I have STARS to give you all for a job well done!

i'm just so proud of ALL of you & ALL of your efforts in doing your state & others! Bettyg

trueblue
Member # 7348

Betty, thanks and good catch!
I made the correction to stansel's addy.

I posted on the thread in Medical, I saw that one first.

--------------------
more light, more love

bettyg
Unregistered

Ann and others, please be sure to read above of my 7-29 updates on mistakes/errors caught by me.

IOWA's "state" senators & reps emails are done!
If you catch anything wrong with my posts, you are welcome to draw my attention to it!

It's so easy making mistakes of , space and hit the delete key once so the next line will go on the same line ... 2 names IF room enough to have them posted together.

I kept deleting the first initial or 2 of 1st name, so I kept using my mouse to click and UNDO BRINGING BACK LOST INITIALS so I didn't call them the "wrong" name! uffda.

TINCUP, if you are reading these ... please confirm if you wanted "STATE" mailing addresses for senators/reps/assemblymen .

Many folks have asked me this too. From my personal viewpoint, I think email is all that is needed. How often are these used for all the hours spent getting them edited & posted here?

I'm a reality secretary with all due disrespect to you/others in gathering this important info. Thank you my ice cream friend who loves to dance!
Bettyg [group hug] [kiss]

lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

I am still in the sorry butt mode, but now a bit afraid to even start..I know I would not do as good a job as Betty wants us to do. So if there is a PA lymie out there, it is yours..
trueblue
Member # 7348

quote:
Originally posted by bettyg:
IOWA's "state" senators & reps emails are done!
If you catch anything wrong with my posts, you are welcome to draw my attention to it!

Bettyg [group hug] [kiss]

I took a peek, Betty.
I only scanned for commas and spaces but it looks good to me!  -

--------------------
more light, more love

trueblue
Member # 7348

quote:
I am still in the sorry butt mode, but now a bit afraid to even start..I know I would not do as good a job as Betty wants us to do. So if there is a PA lymie out there, it is yours..

LMT, don't stress over this, it'll get done. One of us will pick it up and/or help. I'm not sure I can in the next couple of days but it will get done, k? You've got enough to stress over, no? I'm prescribing a little chocolate. [lick]

psssst... I suspect Betty's bark is worse than her bite. [Wink] [lol]

--------------------
more light, more love

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by trueblue:

quote:
I am still in the sorry butt mode, but now a bit afraid to even start..

I know I would not do as good a job as Betty wants us to do. So if there is a PA lymie out there, it is yours..

LMT, don't stress over this, it'll get done. One of us will pick it up and/or help.

I'm not sure I can in the next couple of days but it will get done, k? You've got enough to stress over, no? I'm prescribing a little chocolate. [lick]

psssst... I suspect Betty's bark is worse than her bite. [Wink] [lol]

Yes, LMT, you have gotten to know me over personally by our private emails these last 7 months, so you know I get hungry a lot but my "bark is worse than her bite"!

Yes, it is an overwhelming task, and I found that out personally these last 2 days when I had started to look at Iowa's site of info.

In fact, I sent IOWA'S webmaster of senate/reps pages an email just a little while ago asking them for their help in getting ALL mailing addresses. Hope I get a response in timely manner.

The way they set it up would require going INDIVIDUALLY into all 100 senators/reps! I figure 5 minutes per entry to copy/paste to my word program so I can FILE/SAVE often & not lose it!

I'm having major computer LOCKUPS/shut downs, so I've lost a lot of normal typing & I'm not about to LOSE ALL THIS TEDIOUS work, so I want a program like MS word where I can save every 5 minutes all of my work.

LMT, your ands are full; do NOT worry about this project. TAKE CARE OF YOURELF/FAMILY OK!

If you know of others in your state, feel free to contact them or as Trueblue said .... another person NOT in your state will do it as time permits ok my friend!

Now, I hope my bite wasn't as bad as my bark.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've attempted to be nice on all feedback replies; if not, call my attention on it ... I become so fatigued also, and forgot how much of this I did not miss in my former secretary/PROOFREADING job! [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

TINCUP, we want to verify that you DO want complete mailing addresses for the STATE'S reps/senators; this has been asked a lot here since we do have their emails.

How often in the past have you, Pat Smith & her LDA team mailed GROUP mailings to warrant all the time extracting INDIVIDUALLY every person's name, address, phone/fax numbers, district, etc to make a GROUP SNAIL MAIL LIST?

Again, GREAT JOB EVERYONE. I wish I could give each of you a GOLD STAR for going beyond the duty of very sick lymies!

WELL DONE MY FRIENDS! [group hug] [kiss] Bettyg

bettyg
Unregistered

up for more folks to claim their own state in working on this enormous project .... [Big Grin]
trueblue
Member # 7348

quote:
Originally posted by bettyg:

Now, I hope my bite wasn't as bad as my bark.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've attempted to be nice on all feedback replies; if not, call my attention on it ... I become so fatigued also, and forgot how much of this I did not miss in my former secretary/PROOFREADING job! [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

You've been just fine Betty and doing a darned good job of it too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I find that my proof reading/editing abilities have suffered over the years and I've lost a lot of what made me good at it. Oh, for instance spelling and grammar. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
more light, more love

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by trueblue:

You've been just fine Betty and doing a darned good job of it too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I find that my proof reading/editing abilities have suffered over the years and I've lost a lot of what made me good at it. Oh, for instance spelling and grammar. [Roll Eyes] Trueblue

Trueblue, thank you so much for your compliment and reassurance that my feedback comments are positive vs. critical comments...the way I meant them to be!

Yes, our skills have greatly diminished with our chronic lyme disease; something I miss very much. I have piles of paper all over the place at home, and used to file promptly or at least do something with it vs. looking at it!

Even my balancing the checkbook has gone to the toilet! [toilet] That's an evening project again trying to get it to reconcile.

Again, thanks Trueblue for your feedback comments; I appreciate them.

This was MY VOLUNTEER job for Tincup's project on behalf of all 50 states & us lymies; this was my contribution to our cause! Bettyg

bettyg
Unregistered

Hi All,

ANIEK posted in Medical I think, she has a list for ALL 50 STATES from DC of all reps/senators there with their complete mailing addresses/phone nos .

It does not have EMAILS; but Minoutcat furnished us all the link for that info to extract.

She brought up some good comments to me, and I sent her recommendations as well as mine to TINCUP FOR HER ACTION.

TC's the organizer of this info, so want to make sure we are ALL on the same wave length.

Why create MORE WORK FOR US when something else is available to us all? Aniek also offered to extract to make mailing labels for us when needed.

We'll wait for TINCUP'S response, and hopefully that will be sometime soon this week .

TO ALL, continue to do GROUP email lists for:

state reps & senators...separate ones for each;

FEDERAL reps & senators; separate groups for reps vs. senators

FEDERAL folks:
Yes, continue getting their complete mailing addresses/phone nos. available. THANKS ALL! BG [Big Grin]

I know she was going on vacation I thought for a weeknd, but probably has crashed having her special family around her and that non-stop ice cream! [Big Grin] Bettyg

bsanders
Member # 8337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bsanders     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maryland's ".gov" site is difficult to navigate; wants you to search for state rep. by your address or election district; couldn't find complete list, but got to an e-mail site:

http://mlis.state.md.us/cgi-win/mail32

Pensylvania e-mails for state rep's was easier to access @

www.state.pa.us, Go to "Contact Legislators"

Hope this helps.

Posts: 21 | From PA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bringing over more pertininet info about this subjec from medical...Bettyg

Meg
Member # 22
posted 02-08-2006 12:32 PM

I agree, the activism thread is not cohesive, and some have multiple posts for one State. Tin asked specifically to use one post.

Ideally, Betty or someone can point this out to individual posters, or it can be fixable by another person?

It was stated that if anyone working on this has questions about format, that they should look to what has been done previously....look at the Activism thread,

Bettys notes on what is right and wrong also. That should be almost all that is needed for a cohesive thread.

My hat has been off to Betty from the start....she's very good at this!--she straightened out my posts and I'm very thankful for that.

Using the Internet and proper use of editing (Word) it could have all been done in less than a few hours by an experienced perso

cave76
posted 02-08-2006 01:07 PM

meg, Glad you didn't take offense. I hope others don't.

It's not that everyone doesn't have their heart in the right place. It's just that they have their hearts and minds in too many places.

I would like to respectfully disagree with your statement that no one person could do it; it would depend on which person.

Using the Internet and proper use of editing (Word) it could have all been done in less than a few hours by an experienced person.

And, of course, that person couldn't be herxing during those few hours.

Never mind----it's getting done. That's the important thing.
////////////////

Meg
Member # 22
posted 03-08-2006 12:47 AM

If the information were already done in the proper form...there would be no problem. That is not the case here.

I've worked on a few States myself, and what is being done is to convert it TO a useable form.

No one I know has this info complete in a Word format....if they do...we need their help and that is the point of this thread

bettyg
Member # 6147
posted 03-08-2006 12:49 AM

Cave, I would love to meet the person you talked about; experienced in word and in the internet, and having put all this together in a couple of hours! I'm serious.

It took me 2 hrs. to do what little I did there on IOWA's reps/senators for our STATE list!

This has been a healthy discussion though.

We do our fearless leader, TINCUP, to give us ALL more guidance in what she had in mind.

I see ANIEK'S FEDERAL SEN/REPS list an advantage also.

Thomas..... site is great. Can't remember if that was the site MINOUCAT mentioned, but I have used what she showed, and that's really worked well.

My IOWA house rep sent me a site, but it sure was NOT user friendly like the ones posted on these posts!

Thank you both for your complimentary remarks; I have tried to do my best in my "lyme stage of mind!"

If others notice things wrong, PLEASE speak up and put a post on here and send it also by PM, private message to the person posting . We all do NOT visit these daily especially when you thought you were ALL DONE WITH YOUR STATE!

I also have heard no one state anything that they UPDATED THEIR STATE'S SUPPORT GROUP PAGES . The last I heard on this was those people shown as leaders HAD the capability to make the additions/changes themselves. Does anyone know if this is still true?

Does anyone know if TINCUP IS AROUND or still on vacation? I've seen NO NOTES from her on anything, and we ALL need her guidance on this one.

One thing that really bothers me is this: this is a REELECTION YEAR, and many of these people were be going ... so that means we are going to have to REDO ALL THIS WORK PER STATE! Once is enough....uffda.

I see this info being used on LYME BILLS being pushed plus also contacting state/federal about cases like Dr. Jones & Jemsek, health dept. hearings on "violations". My thoughts..Bettyg

chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chroniccosmic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't forgotten my mission here, I work slow and family member in the hospital. I'll be posting as soon as I get it together.

Thanks! [hi]

Posts: 460 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

up for the weekenders who have NOT seen this yet...

I also sent LOU B a PM asking that he place this post, Meg's in medical, etc. in the FEATURE area for each of these sections so we don't have to keep "uping" it to the top for this 50 state project! Bettyg [Big Grin]

chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

The Illinois US info is up, hope it is what you want. I will move on to the Illinois State in a few days.
bettyg
Unregistered

CC, wonderful job of federal names/addresses/web sites, etc. ATTA GIRL CC! [group hug] [kiss]

Just add your STATE senators/reps to the federal post you just did so ENTIRE STATE IS IN ONE EMAILS vs. 3-4. Thanks for posting you did it also. I was just there before here!
Bettyg

chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

Hi Betty,

I just started researching state gov't and this is going to take a while, yikes, I have to research each state rep and senator individually to get their e-mail.

I can't find a comprehensive list anywhere.

My question is, once I get this together how to I pull up my Illinois post to add to it?

bettyg
Unregistered

Cosmic, I just went to ILLINOIS page ...
what a mess! The most NON-user-friendly state I've come across since getting involved in this project.

I spent 30-45 minutes there & I totally agree with you. BUT I did notice there is a place to CONTACT WEBMASTER.

So please email webmaster, and tell that person what we are after:

group email list of ALL SENATORS;

group email list of ALL HOUSE OF REPS;

and I think your state had a 3rd group of folks!

It needs to be their email address then followed by a comma and space and hit delete button after so the next name will go on SAME line unless the who email link is too long to go on same line

so example: [email protected], cosmic@.....

I'll send this also to you by PM in case you don't get back to this link to read.

If you have to do this the HARD, TIMECONSUMING WAY, is there another Illinois member to help you on this humongous project? just a thought ...

NOW the question of once it IS COMPILED ... STATE SENATORS & HOUSE OF REPS EMAILS how to add to where you put your other stuff.

Go to ACTIVISM page,

since your state at this time/date is the LAST to be shown, use the END key to go to BOTTOM of INFO given.

Find your post and then use edit/PENCIL icon, and
you could PASTE the STATE SEN/REPS at the top of your post with the federal info under it ok! Does this make sense to you ok.
Bettyg [Big Grin]

bettyg
Unregistered

MASS. federal info I see was done by DJP, I think?!

She put in the state/federal stuff, but will come back later for major editing to extra out what we want.

Meg, for you info..Bettyg

bettyg
Unregistered

duplicate post

[ 06. August 2006, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

bettyg
Unregistered

Thanks Meg for updating the list of states SPOKEN for or done!

Another person has PM she will start her state but has medical problems to address first, so I will NOT show it here in case someone else from her state is physcially up to doing this..

I told her to take care of herself; OUR health comes first over projects like this one.

Bettyg...PS - I'm not following my own advise well on this one. LLMD restricted me to 2 hrs. daily on internet; doesn't begin to cover time I'm here daily! [dizzy]

just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sure wish Nebraska was on the done list. I looked at the requirements and determines I didnt have the 'skills' appropriate AND not enough time!!

Maybe on a 'good' day IF somebody would hold my hand and explain step by step how to do this!! (I am not very good at this stuff)

I will admit I looked at it once(?) and was completely baffled. Mostly cuz I am still --just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

YEP, Don; NEBR. is a disaster like Illinois is! Not user-friendly in the least, and will take many hours!

Don't worry about it. [Big Grin] bettyg

It'll be one of the LAST done unless someone really has time on their hands.

I suggested to ILLINOIS that she contact that webmaster, contact us, to see if he could extract the info we need; mainly:

state senators & house of reps:

emails as a group, ... if I hear back from her on how her state's webmaster commented back, I'll let you know Don! Bettyg [Big Grin]

bettyg
Unregistered

I see where MEG has DONE COLORADO, and it is all OK! Great job Meg.

I sent a PM to TRUTHFINDER who was going to work on her state as soon as she got some health issues taken cae of.

Meg, Illinois & Nebr. will BOTH be major time-consuming tasks! NOT USER-FRIENDLY in the least. So if you want to tackle a problem state, have at it. Just let the 2 guys know which state you will be working on ok. Thanks so much! [group hug] [kiss]

just don
Member # 1129

One consolation Betty and others is it only has ONE group to do. It is called a Unicameral here (only one in the nation)

So I forget how many state Zones(districts with one per) there are but like 48 or so is all.

And there are only 5 Federal. Except some have two or three different office locations listed!!

Has anyone 'heard' from Tincup lately???

There HAS to be a better source for these contacts for THIS state!! has to be!!

--------------------
just don

bettyg
Unregistered

TENN. WAS DONE & POSTED BY VIVA; outstanding job newbie! Thanks for tackling this for us all.

Meg, thanks for the update on Nebr. & Ill's. problem states. Bettyg

ROLL CALL --- TIME FOR TINCUP TO CHECK IN WITH MEG & BETTY FOR SOME QUESTIONS ON Yo ROLL CALL --- TIME FOR TINCUP TO CHECK IN WITH MEG & BETTY FOR SOME QUESTIONS ON YoUR PROJECT OK! UR PROJECT OK!

bettyg
Unregistered

Commit Meg! No, you can't have her ... we'd be lost without her here doing all these states! LOL [Big Grin]

Glad you helped CC/Dave find something hopefully more user friendly than what I saw when I went there!

Just Don; wow; Meg saved you ... doing YOUR state! It's in good hands.

Thanks Meg for ALL you have done on this project and your leadership & communication skills as well! Well done my friend, Meg! [bow] [Big Grin]
Bettyg

bettyg
Unregistered

CC, my apologies to you for getting your nickname and docdave's NEW nickname mixed up!

Thank you for working on Illinois. Bettyg [Big Grin] [group hug]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement