LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » GOOD LAWYER LIST: SSDI, LTD, WC updated 7-22-09 !!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GOOD LAWYER LIST: SSDI, LTD, WC updated 7-22-09 !!
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is something that I'm just starting to do, collect names/addresses/phone nos. of GOOD SSDI, LTC, WORKER'S COMP LAWYERS TO SHARE WITH LYME PATIENTS!

IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING TO SHARE, PLEASE TYPE IT IN BELOW; THANK YOU!

NEW JERSEY

From Azure Wish:

 Mine was awesome.
 He took care of everything.
 I never even had to go to his office.
 If he needed to know something he just called.
 Which was really good for me cuz going anywhere was a big problem.
 To this day I wouldn`t know him if I fell over him [Smile]

 Here is his info:

 Bross and Group, PA. Members of PA and NJ bars

 David S. Bross
 102 Browning Lane Building C-1
 Cherry Hill, NJ 08003

 phone for cherry hill, nj (856)795 8880

 phone for egg harbor, NJ (609) 804 1070

 If you give his name to anyone and they would like to ask me how he was, tell them to go to www.lymenet.org and

send a PERSONAL MESSAGE TO : AZURE WISH.

[ 07-23-2009, 03:19 AM: Message edited by: bettyg ]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up; one of the member's husband contacted me last night; requested a little more info and then asked him to post on here saving me time redoing the steps.

i hope you will share your info IF IT'S A GOOD, LL or lyme friendly lawyer knowledgeable about:

SSDI, long-term disability, or workers comp.... [Big Grin]

bettyg
Unregistered

jon, sent this to me by PM!

My name is Jon Marmo

I am "savebabe"'s husband and I am a matrimonial and family law attorney on Long Island .

Although I do NOT practice in the medical law field, I am very familiar with Lyme disease and the associated tick diseases.

I am an associate at the Law Office of Bryan L. Salamone P.C. (631) 424-3597.

Please feel free to list me as a "Lyme friendly" attorney.

Best wishes,
Jon Marmo, Esq.

Dianne
Member # 9450

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Dianne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

I was already approved for SSD, based on the combination of fibromyalgia, depression, and a rare birth defect called Poland's Syndrome, so this might sound a little selfish of me but I'm going to ask anyway.

Since I finally got a positive diagnosis of Lyme Disease, by IGeneX, a couple weeks ago, on Dec. 13th, '06, I'd like to know if I have any chance of trying to sue the hospital ER, and possibly some doctors I saw in the following weeks, 3 and a half years ago.

The "rash" didn't look like a bulls-eye, but it DID look very serious and painful. If I hadn't been in so much pain, I might have been thinking clearly enough to DEMAND a culture and blood tests.

It all started on May 17th, '03, and I lived in Virginia at the time. The ER visit was on Saturday, May 17th, '03. They literally did NOTHING more than cover the red sore (on my breast) with Neosporin and a gauze bandage, then give me Rx's for Keflex and Percocet to get me through until Monday.

About 3 weeks later, I finally got my regular doc to do some blood tests, and I've been tested many times since then. Everything always came up negative.

By June '03, I had a diagnosis of fibro, and in July I moved back "home" to PA where I live now.

I know there's a statute of limitations of 2 years in VA but there's a "discovery" exception which I think will apply because I continued to be treated for the wrong diagnosis.

Does anyone know a good lawyer I could talk to about suing, at least, the hospital? I'll probably need someone who practices in VA and not necessarily someone in the area where I lived. Doctors and lawyers seem to stick together there.

I'm 46 now and I was in the process of finally getting my college degree when this happened. I pretty much lost everything and had to start over. My income is MUCH MUCH lower than it would be if I had finished college and been able to continue working.

Any advice or help would be appreciated. I may never get better and even if I do, with long-term, indefinite, treatment, I've lost years of my life. I also feel like I've lost my "mind" regarding memory and concentration. That's second only to the daily pain I still live with.

Thanks, Dianne

Posts: 8 | From northwestern PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

aniek or any of the other lawyers who have joined us, could you give dianne some advise please? thanks! this question comes up a lot here on board.

since i'm not familiar with newbie dianne, i'm pasting this from another post describing more details for anyone with LAWYER experience to give her some advise ... which i'm unable to! Have no experience/knowledge on this question! [Big Grin]

posted 18-06-2006 10:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YES, but it didn't look like a bullseye. In fact, I read one post so I could copy it and change it slightly to describe what mine looked like....."the rash, at the singular bite-site, covered the entire outer side of my right breast, and was 4-6" in width. It was hot and painful, same intensity as a mild to moderate sunburn...the skin subsequently died and sloughed off."

The doctors "guessed" that it was a possible bite from a brown recluse spider but I've always doubted that. I took pictures of it often for about 6 months, with my digital camera, from beginning to end, as it healed and hardened. It was eventually debrided surgically because there was so much dead tissue. I still have the pictures.

Also, I had a miserable outbreak of hives about a month or so before the "bite" showed up. I don't know if the two are connected but it's possible. (I realized recently, long after writing this original post, that the hives outbreak was about 9 months before the bite so it probably wasn't related.)

I just joined the group and I'm very interested in finding a doctor to help me. I'm on SS Disability due to a fibromyalgia diagnosis, along with the depression diagnosis which I'm sure helped me get approved. I was also born with a birth defect called Poland's Syndrome and I've had about 30 reconstructive plastic surgeries, most of which have been failures due to infections.

By the way, I've been taking an antibiotic for almost 3 weeks for a sinus infection and I've felt a little bit better than usual while on the antibiotic. After everything I've read today, I'm convinced I have chronic Lyme's. Thanks to everyone who read this long post.
Dianne in PA

dianne posted 14-12-2006 07:56 PM

Rash - Yes, but not a bulls-eye.

In fact, it was a huge red sore spot on my breast that looked more like a burn, raw and painful, and was referred to by one doc as an "abcess" and by another as "cellulitis".

The skin "died" over a period of 5 to 6 months and had to be surgically debrided. They also thought it was most likely a spider bite so I was only treated short-term with abx and all Lyme tests done over the past 3 and a half years were negative, until I got tested by IGeneX.

Until yesterday, I had a diagnosis of fibro. Now I'm an official Lymie.

Oops, sorry, this was supposed to be a simple Yes or No answer.

Aniek
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dianne,

I'm in law school. So I can't give legal advice and I don't have the full knowledge to answer your questions.

But I do know that most medical malpractice attorneys do not charge in advance. They usually only get paid if there is a settlement or award in the plaintiff's (patient's) favor.

Because of that, most attorneys won't take a case they don't think is winnable. So, sometimes interviewing attorneys is a way you can find out if you have a chance.

I do know one problem is that the defendants will say you don't have Lyme disease. Igenex is not universally accepted by the medical community. So they would most likely argue that you do not have Lyme disease and your current symptoms are completely unrelated to the rash.

You also need to show that the standard of care would have been to test you for Lyme and that, if they did test you, it would have shown Lyme. The negative tests in the following weeks would be used as evidence that it wouldn't have made a difference if they did run a test. And since it was not a traditional EM rash, then I'm not sure that the standard of care is to do a Lyme test.

One of the big problems Lyme patients have is that the standard of care in the medical community is lacking. Lyme is not adequately diagnosed and treated. Doctors are often not negligent, because other doctors aren't doing it.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

aniek, thank you for stopping by and replying here! [group hug] [kiss] [group hug]
Dianne
Member # 9450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dianne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Betty,

Thanks for the reply and, by the way, both of those other responses you found were ones posted by me, one in June when I first joined the group and the other one just a couple weeks ago, the day after I got the IGeneX results.

And Aniek,

I'm afraid your response is probably what I'll hear from every lawyer I talk to. Why do doctors even need malpractice insurance if they have the law on their side? [Mad]

This isn't the first time I've been screwed over by doctors so maybe I should just put my efforts into writing a book about all their lies.

I'm so fed up by things I've learned in the last 10-20 years, especially in the last 3. The rich get richer (doctors and drug companies) and the sick get sicker! [rant]

Good night all. Thanks again for the responses.

Posts: 8 | From northwestern PA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking for workmen's comp attorney for CA

And possibly attorney to help me get CALPERS Industrial Disability approved.

It appears workmen's comp needs to be approved first to help with CALPERS case.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need a lawyer for ssdI in Ct, northeastern area, hartford ok.

Please share your reosources/1

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

hi Tracy,

what I've received for response are ALL LISTED ABOVE!

may I suggest this instead?

there are also NON-lawyers like our own member, CONNIEMC; they receive same amount as lawyers but can only go up to AD MIN LAW JUDGE HEARINGS, not to federal court heartings after appeals court decides. so when you look for a SSDI LAWYER, MAKE SURE THEY CAN REPRESENT YOU IN FEDERAL COURT if it comes to that ok!

also, check my lengthy newbie package I sent you; last 25 pages all deal with ssdi.

SIGN UP FOR WEB SITE "DISINISSUES" ... it's free! there are 2-3 lawyers who respond on occasion. read my comments!!

Please go to SUPPORT GROUPS, left-hand side column by state.
CALL the nearest group leader for advise.
Do NOT email; many are too sick to reply; thanks!

People seeking doctors in certain states might be able to
get help from their state online information and support group. Over 1200
people belong to these state groups. Many of the groups are small
but quite a few have 20 or more people on them.

To find your state group, go to
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/statenamelyme

Type your state name and lyme as one word, e.g. newyorklyme

For SC, SD, ND and WY, put a hyphen between the statename
and lyme, e.g. northdakota-lyme

The groups are moderated so you have to apply, and we don't
allow doctor names, but once on the group, you can ask for doctors in a certain area and ask people to email you privately.

network on the yahoo group for your state; find out WHICH LAWYERS got lymies approved for SSDI $$$ .... good luck! [group hug] [kiss]

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
our member trishee was sent this information below and also his letter stated this,

"My letter does include helping me or "any Lyme
disease awareness or advocacy organization" help
in submitting disability claims.

He mentions 15 years experience before starting his own practice a year ago."

Offers his help with lyme disease claims.

Lyme Attorney is George Thompson.

Sager & Schaffer LLP

182 Turnpike Rd.,Suite 250

Westborough, MA 01581

508-898-9900

Fax:508-898-9889

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did find an incredible attorney who is well known and won my case in CT.

Sheldon Mossberg, in Willimantic, CT

He ROCKS.

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement