LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » I am changing colors- a rainbow??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am changing colors- a rainbow??
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EDIT- THIS IS AN OLDER POST I AM BRINGING BACK UP...
````````````````````````````````````````

OK.. Top this..

I have colorful pink, reds, blues, and green colors appearing in different places on my body. NO.. I am not kidding... Normally I would be kidding.. but not this time...

The soft part of the palm, under the thumb, on both hands, is changing colors.. and is mostly very pretty red and blue/purple hues..

The knuckles of my hands, and the fingers (back of the hand side) between the top and middle joints is blue and reddish pink too. The rest of the fingers are yellowish/greyish.

The outsides of the tops of my feet and across the toe knuckles are blue with shades of light yellow and pink mixed throughout...

The outside soft part of my left hand, below the pinky is blue too. The rest of the hand is white, yellow, pink, and greyish...

My knees are circled in pink.. JUST WHAT I ALWAYS WANTED.

In addition.. my chest is discolored here and there with reddish, actually sort of maroon colorations splotched in certain areas we don't want to discuss...

Not a rash.. It is coming from within.. Not due to cold or hot or temperature. Not painful or itchy...

No new meds.. no new foods or soaps.. no new anything.. oh... except the B-12 shot I had Friday... just before this started... hmmm.. Just remembered that...

The color comes and goes.. sometimes very vivid and bright..

I had it most of Saturday and I tried to ignore it.. it faded out eventually and today it is back again.. but less noticable.. fading in and out...

H-E-L-P!!!!!!!!!!

What in the world is this from? I guess I have had about every symptom so far.. except the swollen testicles of course.. but I haven't even HEARD of this one!

Any ideas before the famous "pot of gold" is hidden under my chair?

If you need me.. I will be "some where over the rainbow".. looking for a brain...

[This message has been edited by Tincup (edited 14 September 2004).]

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well... I just found out the reason I believe..

If this is happening to me.. maybe others are noticing these things too.. Hopefully not. But if so.. maybe this will help you?

Here are some pictures that look like my colored skin problems..

Pictures:
http://www.dermis.net/doia/diagnose.asp?zugr=d&lang=e&diagnr=710130&topic=t

More advanced pictures:
http://www.dermis.net/doia/diagnose.asp?zugr=d&lang=e&diagnr=710110&topic=t

Breast picture:
http://www.dermis.net/doia/image.asp?zugr=d&lang=e&cd=7&nr=111&diagnr=701000

Hand picture:
http://www.dermis.net/doia/image.asp?zugr=d&lang=e&cd=63&nr=85&diagnr=701005

Here is some information:

http://www.apnisehat.com/diseases/scleroderma.htm

Scleroderma is a connective tissue disorder that gradually tightens and hardens the skin. Tiny
blood vessels (microvessels) throughout the body also may be affected, causing widespread
damage to the internal organs. Although the disease usually affects the hands, face and feet,
impaired blood flow through microvessels can eventually injure the body's digestive, respiratory
and circulatory systems. The disease can have many manifestations. Doctors generally classify
scleroderma as limited or systemic, depending on the degree to which the skin is affected. The
widespread form of the disease is often called systemic sclerosis and can become life
threatening.
Women are affected in much greater numbers: They develop limited forms of the disease three
times as frequently as men. The overall survival rate for people with a limited form is similar to
that of the general population. However, survival rates for people with systemic scleroderma are
significantly lower. More than 80 percent of people with systemic scleroderma are women
between 30 and 50 years old. In the past two decades, longevity has improved for people with
systemic scleroderma; now 80 percent survive five years or more. Children rarely develop the disease.

SYMPTOMS

The symptoms and manifestations of scleroderma vary widely between individuals, and accurate
diagnosis is often difficult. The most commonly reported symptom is the progressive tightening
and hardening of the skin, usually in the arms, legs, hands, feet and face. The skin continues to
thicken during the first two to three years of the disease, after which thickening ceases and may
even recede.
Symptoms of scleroderma may include:
Gradual tightening and thickening of the skin
Swelling of the fingers, toes, hands, feet or face
Tingling, numbness or puffiness, or skin discoloration
Small white bumps under the surface of the skin
Cold sensitivity and change from blue to red tint in hands and feet (see )
Telangiectasias (red spots from permanently dilated tiny blood vessels) on the fingers,
palms, face, lips or tongue
Ulcers or sores on fingertips, knuckles or elbows
Brittle bones that may easily break (see )
Five particular symptoms that sometimes occur together have been clinically recognized as a
variation of scleroderma called CREST syndrome. The acronym CREST stands for calcinosis
(painful calcium deposits in the skin), Raynaud's phenomenon (abnormal blood flow in the hands
and feet in response to cold or stress), esophageal dysfunction (problems with swallowing
caused by internal scarring), sclerodactyly (tightening of the skin on the fingers or toes) and
telangiectasia on the hands, palms, forearms, face and lips. People with CREST syndrome
generally have a relatively mild form of systemic scleroderma.

http://www.thedoctorsdoctor.com/diseases/scleroderma_morphea.htm

Br J Dermatol 2000;143:780-785
54 morphea patients from southern Germany with a high incidence of borreliosis,
compared to two control groups
Second group of 25 patients with acrodermatitis chronica atrophicans, late stage of Lyme
disease
Serology and PCR performed upon the skin biopsies
Only 4 patients with morphea had positive serology and PCR was negative within the
biopsies

[This message has been edited by Tincup (edited 11 March 2002).]

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Here is more info.. The WORST news of all..

The leading expert on this problem is none other than SEAGULL. I could have had worse news I think.. no.. maybe not. Not much worse in life than to have to deal with THAT duck.. in my opinion... I will stay far away!

BUT.. It got me thinking. There are about 3,500 people with this problem in HIS clinic... MOST FROM NEW JERSEY, NY and CT.. where Lyme is horrible!!! But as he says.. Lyme is no problem!!! Could these poor folks be the ones who DO have Lyme that he didn't diagnose and are being left to "hang" with this manifestation while he calls it this other disease instead of Lyme?

I sincerely HOPE I don't find out this is happening to these people...

Notice too... he is looking to treat these folks "economically"... It says.. "The clinical goals of the program are to deliver the highest quality of care in a cost
effective fashion."

Insurance written ALL over it.. just what he is famous for.. against Lyme patients in court.. %&*#^*

http://www2.umdnj.edu/medpweb/sclero.html

Leonard Sigal, MD, Chief
Program Director
James R. Seibold, MD
The Scleroderma Program of UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School provides
both primary and consultative care to individuals with systemic sclerosis and related
conditions. Established in 1980, the Program has evaluated more than 3500 individuals
with scleroderma, making it the largest such program in the United States. Whereas the
majority of patients are from New York, Pennsylvania and New Jersey, the referral
pattern is internationaI.
The clinical goals of the program are to deliver the highest quality of care in a cost
effective fashion. Heavy emphasis is placed on ambulatory management strategies and on
patient education. Blah blah blah...

Tincup
Member # 5829

And more info..

I also have the white small calcium type bumps near the color changes.. and the Telangiectasias they talk about.. and the bad stomach recently... and the small purplish/red on the face...

Life is a pickle sometimes...

http://www.aboutarthritis.com/Script/Main/Art.asp?li=ART&ArticleKey=471&page=4

Many researchers are investigating the roles of various cell messengers, called cytokines,
in causing scleroderma. Researchers are currently studying a hormone of pregnancy,
called relaxin, for the treatment of scleroderma. Preliminary results suggest that it may
improve scleroderma. Relaxin normally loosens the ligaments of the pelvis and ripens the
womb for childbirth. How it might work in scleroderma is unclear.

Scleroderma can be classified in terms of the degree and location of the skin
involvement. Accordingly, scleroderma has been categorized into two major groups,
diffuse and limited.

The diffuse form of scleroderma is involves symmetric thickening of skin of the
extremities, face, trunk (chest, back, abdomen, or flanks) which can rapidly progress to
hardening after an early inflammatory phase. Organ disease can occur early on and be
serious. Organs affected include the esophagus, bowels, lungs with scarring (fibrosis),
heart, and kidneys. High blood pressure can be a troublesome side effect.... etc. etc. etc.... See full article at site above.

http://www.aboutarthritis.com/script/main/Art.asp?li=ART&ArticleKey=13043
Scleroderma Elbow Tip Pains
is a chronic condition that causes inflammation and thickening of the skin. A common
area of involvement of this condition is the skin over the tips of the elbows (the
olecranon area). When this skin is involved, it can lead to troublesome irritation of the
tips of the elbows with tenderness noted when any pressure is applied.
Recently, I saw a patient in a follow up visit who is a veterinarian with scleroderma with
this particular complication. We had been treating the condition with a variety of topical
lubricants and emollients, but to no avail. She returned at this visit to tell me of a
surprisingly successful treatment that she had found on her own.
Bagbalm is a cream that has been used for decades to ease the irritation of the teats of
hard-working milk cows. As a veterinarian, she was aware of this application and
decided to use it regularly over the tender areas of her elbows. Over 3 weeks she began to
notice significant softening of the tissue and remarkable improvement of the tenderness.
I have since found bagbalm helpful in others with similar complications from
scleroderma. Bagbalm is not marketed to doctors, but is readily available in pharmacies
without a prescription.
Author: Dr. Shiel,

Sammi
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup, your skin is just responding to your "colorful" personality!

Seriously, you need to find out what is going on. Please call your doctor immediately!

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 11 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before I get upset,let me try and ask you ....

Is there anyone closeby who can get some of the Bag Balm from a Pet store or farm store for you? It come in a pretty green can with red clover flowers on it and comes in 1 oz, 10 oz, and 4 1/2 lb. cans. It has lanolin in it which is derived from the oils of sheep (wool?). Costs about 3,5, and 30 bucks, respectively.

Are you familiar with this stuff? I am. It is good and they even market it as a cosmetic in some fancy cosmetic departments.
There are other brands that may be available and they are all called 'udder butter'.

Okay, now I am very upset......Can I please send you some of this to try? Are you allergic to lanolin???

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup, you do need a smiley... Call any dr other than a duck, OK?! Let's just hope this is something which can be reversed with antibiotics. It can probably be caused by lyme....like so many other diseases. So take those abx!! Hang in there, and please call your LLMD.
Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lonestartick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lonestartick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tincup,

If you even remotely think that this could be Scleroderma, then there is a doctor in California who is having very good success treating Scleroderma. You are probably already familiar with these sites, but I'm going to give them to you anyway. He follows protocols established by Dr. Thomas McPherson Brown, M.D. The therapy is somewhat similar but still quite different from the antibiotic protocols for LD. When I was a patient in his office, I met a lady from Australia and another from Paris who flew to see him. They both commented how they would not have travelled that far if they had not seen results.
www.rheumatic.org
www.roadback.org

I've got to hurry and get off the computer, so I hope that this does not in anyway seem dismissive. I can't imagine how much this must concern you. You are very much in my thoughts right now.

Posts: 487 | From USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MammaLyme
Member # 1257

Icon 3 posted      Profile for MammaLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my God. Sounds awful. Have you had your complete bloodwork done recently?
Will pray that it is some silly reaction that will not harm you at all. We need you.

Posts: 2173 | From Maryland | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 1271

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh My gosh Tincup this sounds really bad!!!

If this Scleroderma maybe it can be reversed because you are on anitbitoitcs, like Lymetoo said?
You know I just read something or was watching someting on TV about a man who had Scleroderma and it completely went away after he took some vitamins, but I can't remember!!!!!

Please call your doctor right away! This is so scary!
Maybe it is a herx or a reaction to the B-12?
Please let us know what the doctor says!!!

Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryMi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaryMi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup, My Mother-in-law had scleroderma...she lived to be a lovely 83!!
She was always afraid she was dying...a sniffle and she would go on abx.....I am convinced that is what kept the sceroderma in check so well for many years....IT didn't kill her either...died a normal death for an 83 year old . Don't worry! You're already tooo old for this disease to start! he he
ps minocyn (sp?) has proven to work VERY well for scleroderma patients....just in case you are younger than you let on.....
Mary

Posts: 587 | From usa | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Oh no.. I took a break.. and looky here! Not to worry yourselves... please!!!

I was half kidding around with the "rainbow" colors stuff.. and wondering what on earth this could be.. I sure didn't mean for anyone to worry!

I am fine.. just a bit more colorful these days...

I was more worried about my stupid pinto beans that almost burnt up while I was "playing" at the computer!

I was thinking maybe someone had some clue to what this could be.. but I started looking and almost immediately found information.. I am getting pretty fast at that.. hehehehe

It has started up again tonight.. and now that I think about it.. the symptoms fit. Can't wear my rings cause my fingers are slightly swollen.. (That could be lots of things.. but not with the colorful pattern probably. The white bumps just under the skin.. the painful elbows... the tough, leathery skin on my hands and tops of my feet... the reddish purple spot under my bottom lip.. etc. all seem to be related now.

I am happy to know what it is.. so not to worry. I did get a call today from the docs office and he wants to see me next week for my other new complaints.. or same old complaints.. so I will have him check it out... Problem is.. it comes and goes!!!

You know what will happen! I am sure.. just like the car that makes that eeeekkkeell wiigggg eeeekkkeell wiigggg noise when you have it.. but doesn't do it when you take it to the mechanic.. well.. that is what will happen when I finally get to the docs. The rainbow will have disappeared and the other symptoms along with it.. and I will look like a dunce...

I thought of getting some pictures if it happens again. Probably a good idea..

My BIG upset here is that there are probably a bunch of Lyme folks at that SEAGULL place NOT being treated for Lyme and letting that staff treat them with stuff that doesn't work for a condition they don't know what causes it!!! AND using steroids to boot!!! I feel there could be some guinea pigs there that may need our help!

Thanks for responding.. but I am fine... just prettier in multi-color. Yes Siz.. I have used that udder stuff years ago.. before it was known to be used on humans... (Don't ask.. o tay? ) I will try to get some when I go out Wednesday... I get it at the farm store.

Thanks Lonestar for the sites.. I will check them out! I only had a short time to research.. so I am sure that will help. I do think it is Lyme related from what I was skimming thru earlier..

Yes Sammi, Lymetoo the goon, Mamma Lyme and Beverly.. I will get it checked.. and thanks for the replies. Not to worry..

I be so fine.. I be devine!

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another possibility...

"According to a 1988 issue of Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine, you should not take EXTRA iron if you have an infection. Because bacteria require iron for growth, the body stores iron and does not utilize it when there is an infection."

Hemochromatosis
Symptoms

Hemochromatosis can affect the entire system, symptoms can be numerous and similar to diseases better known to physicians such as diabetes, heart failure, arthritis, liver disease, impotence, and depression. Therefore misdiagnosis is common. Physicians might focus on one particular disease that can occur as a result of not detecting the cause: hemochromatosis.

Not everyone manifests the same same symptoms. Listed below are those most commonly associated with excessive iron build up:

chronic fatigue
arthritic pain in joints (for some the middle two fingers are affected; this is known as iron fist)
loss of libido (sex drive) or impotence
amenorrhea (premature cessation of menstrual cycle)
changes in skin color such as jaundice, bronze or gray-olive colored skin, a tan without being in the sun, redness in the palms of the hands
abdominal pain
weight loss
shortness of breath
chest pain
heart arrhythmia
depression
elevated blood sugar
hypothyroidism
enlargement of spleen
elevated liver enzymes (ALT/AST)
fibromyalgia
irritable bowel syndrome

Hemochromatosis can be detected in several ways:

Genetic Testing

Specific Blood Tests

Iron Panel Tests

Liver Biopsy

Hemochromatosis
Treatment

Currently, therapeutic phlebotomy or blood extraction is the most efficient means of tissue iron reduction. However, preventive measures may be incorported into diet and behavior that can reduce the amount of iron absorbed

Fact Sheet
1. Undetected and untreated excess iron kills after inflicting injury to a variety of body organs.

2. The patient's and physician's concern must be to detect any excess iron instead of establishing
a diagnosis of hemochromatosis.

3. A complete physical must include: Total Iron Binding Capacity (TIBC) and Serum Iron (SI).
Divide the SI by TIBC for percentage of Transferrin Saturation TS. Normal range: 12-45%.

4. If TS is outside normal range, use the same blood to measure Serum Ferritin (SF). Normal range: 5-150. If an individual is outside the normal range on Serum Ferritin, a phlebotomy
program should be started to bring the SF below 10. Ferritin is the closest measure of stored iron.

5. To reduce elevated iron levels, the patient should be given a prescription for weekly or twice weekly bloodlettings at a blood bank to confirm or rule out iron overload. The hematocrit cutoff should be set between 30-35. Anemic patients might benefit from B complex vitamins with folic acid.

6. A liver biopsy is not necessary to confirm diagnosis.

7. If iron tests low, the cause should be found: the bleeding ulcer, cancer, or chronic infection. It is dangerous to medicate with iron without 1. testing iron and 2. knowing the reason for the deficiency.

8. In the matter of DNA testing, we are not recommending this approach. All of the genes that can cause an overload are not yet discovered - about 15% yet outstanding. Jerome Sullivan MD PhD explains that possession of the gene " will confirm but will not exclude the diagnosis. "

9. Diagnosis not followed by vigorous treatment is useless. The patient must be motivated to unload the iron as fast as possible by weekly or twice weekly phlebotomies at the blood bank. Goal: ferritin below 10 or even 0.

10. All blood relatives of the patient must be evaluated and monitored. They should all be checked for iron overload at each and every physical for the rest of their lives.

11. Iron overload cannot be controlled with diet. High iron foods also contain other nutrients needed to repair body damage. We do not recommend a low iron diet. Caution: avoid over-the-counter vitamin C and additives of such. Avoid raw seafood, which kills a number of people every year, mostly those whose excess iron is undetected.

12. Symptoms vary too much to help with diagnosis. Chronic fatigue, arthritis, heart disease, cirrhosis, cancer, diabetes, thyroid disease, impotence, sterility. In other words excess iron is toxic and can injure every part of the body, including the brain. Elevated liver enzymes must not be ignored. Anemia can be a symptom. Some anemias are iron-loading. Hemoglobin level does not indicate iron status.

13. Excess iron lowers the immune system. Many diseases will show a poor outcome unless excess iron is removed: AIDS, cancer, and hepatitis, for example.

14. Iron does cross the blood brain barrier, contrary to an old belief. Excess iron stored in the brain has been found to trigger or exacerbate severity in Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, ALS, Parkinson's and other diseases. Psychological problems have even been linked to excess iron.

15. Hereditary hemochromatosis is only one of several iron loading diseases, its double gene frequency is 1 in 200 of the US population and an astonishing 13% have the single gene expression. Those with this single gene expression also can get sick. It is the most common genetic disease, and tragically the most undiagnosed.

16. The goal of medicine is to provide maximum preventative care at the least expense. Patients must be aware of iron overload for their own protection. IOD honors the increasing number of physicians who are updating their information on iron overload.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaeltick
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup it sound like acrodermatitis chronica atrophicans (ACA). Lots of folks in Ireland get it. Wasn't Mel in Ireland for the filming of Braveheart? Hmm...

Well here's a link, do any of these pictures look like what you've got. I hope not.
http://www.dis.strath.ac.uk/vie/LymeEU/images_medical.html#aca

Feel better

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaeltick
Unregistered

Here's another Tin, take special notice of last paragraph.
http://healthlinks.washington.edu/nwcphp/lyme/page7.html

Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TinCup, Now you can hide in a smarties box when toooo many of us are calling you!

Just kidding, please inquire about the rashes We are all concerned about you dear.
Cassie

Posts: 564 | From Toronto Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shadow13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shadow13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez Tincup - I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you. I feel bad about that because you always have answers for me. You will keep us posted when you talk to/see your doc, right?!?

BTW - It must be really hard to find clothes to wear that match all those pretty colors! And Udder Balm is great for diaper rash if'n you need it there .... just trying to help!

Take care!
Shadow

Posts: 830 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
red
Member # 1886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for red     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tincup! You must look awfully pretty so colorful and all!! Seriously though-- I gave you my medical history cliff notes style a few weeks back, trying to figure out why I have those cycles of pain intensity. Anyway, what I did not mention was the fact that the ducks have been trying to pin me with a scleroderma dx for almost 10 years. I never showed antibodies (there is a bloodtest for this) but they said that it can take years for it to show up on a test. So I waited and lived with the fact that my esophagus nerves had died and the leathery patches started to turn up....In the past 5-6 years I really, really thought lyme and finally, about 1 year ago I landed in an office of a llmd. Following agressive iv therapy, my swallowing a improved a bit and some of the patches improved! Like Lonestartick, I was thinking of the Road Back Foundation. The book The Road BAck, is excellent. If you would like to borrow it I would be happy to mail it to you. And in this tick laden place that I call home, a young person, not yet 34 yo just died last week leaving a wife and young child----from scleroderma that was dx'd about 12 years ago. And I know of one other person that lives near me that was dx'd with scleroderma-but only recently. Soooo....my eyes popped open when I read your posts. Let me know if you would like the book. Oh yea-as a funny--once when I was sleeping (due to this lyme illness nightmare) my very active and imaginative child (4yo) drew on me with her markers--I was a rainbow too!! Maybe she escaped and came to make you "pretty" just like her momma?!!!
Posts: 70 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, not sure how much green tea you might be drinking, if at all but here is some info. from an herb book about iron absorption.

"Herbs containing high concentrations of tannins interfere with the absorption of iron supplements. Avoid taking iron supplements within two to three hours of using agrimony, chebula, gambir, green tea, uva ursi, white willow bark or any form of St. John's wort other than hyperincin-standardized capsules or tablets.

Avoid using bran as a source of fiber. Whole grains unless they have been fermented in a sour-dough process-contain large amounts of phytate, which interferes with iron absorption.

Limit or avoid foods containing oxalates, which inhibit iron absorption. Foods that contain significant amounts of oxalates include almonds, cashews, chocolate, cocoa, kale, rhubarb, soda, sorrel, spinach, Swiss chard and most nuts and beans.

Eat foods high in Vitamin C to enhance iron absorption."

I am hoping your doc has something better to offer as far as help goes!

I used the balm years ago and found out I am highly allergic to sheep!!!!!(lanolin!)

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOEJR
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOEJR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be well soon.
Posts: 641 | From NJ, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MaryMi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaryMi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup, One of Michigan's LLMd's wife was diagnosed w/scleroderma(years ago).....guess what it REALLY was...yep Lyme...this is how the Good Doc got real interested in learning about Lyme...
Posts: 587 | From usa | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really think the "Crayola Fairy" paid me a visit while I was sleeping...

Lonestar- I have seen those sites and they are excellent.. However, at the time, I did not make the relationship between Scleraderma (sp) and the long term antibiotics, so I am VERY grateful you pointed that out! I will really read it today!

MaryMi- I missed your post last night.. Good to hear I am good to go for a long while! 83!!! Wow.. And great to hear your comments.. I was afraid I was dying or something when I came back and saw these posts! So.. I can probably go to town now and buy some green bananas.. and still be around to eat them when they are ripe?!!! Thanks...

Marnie, Marnie, Marnie... What a wonderful idea! I like your idea MUCH more than the other one... Actually, the chiropractor wanted me tested for this.. but at the time I couldn't even get a doc to help me with the Lyme! (In Florida).. Sooo.. the possibility of getting even more out of the ducks.. well, not possible. So.. I am thrilled you added this stuff... I had forgotten it totally... I will for sure ask to be tested. I had this weird reaction years ago.. I would be death-like and feeling so horrible. I would go to the ducks.. they would have no clue and order more tests.. The BEST I felt for years was directly after my blood was drawn! I would be so sick I could barely sit up.. and after they took blood.. I would be MUCH better!

That sounded SOOOO stupid to me and I had no clue why this was happening. The first few times I thought it was a "fluke".. but then I began to notice a pattern...blood drawn.. feel better.. and if I mentioned it to a duck.. out come the antidepressants and the "look" they give when you have just said something that is not at all possible.

I am glad you reminded me.. and I will put it on my list of things to check ASAP...

Thanks all for the info and help... You are right there when I needed it!

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gaeltick..

I am wanting others to see this post.. so I am doing a new one here..

This is part of the question I have..

Please look at the rash pictures for the ACA.. and then the ones for this Scleroderma.

Keep in mind.. the "worst" pictures (or best examples) are normally used for emphasis...

They are SOOOO close!!! Are these folks with Scleroderma being misdiagnosed? Especially seems important when you know long term antibiotics HELP them...

Thanks for pointing this out... I have questions still. Dr. S didn't think last year my problems were ACA.. and didn't know what it was... so I dismissed it and lived with it. Couldn't find a dermatologist who would even be interested in doing a biopsy... so I never found out.

Makes me wonder if the Scleroderma patients are fighting Lyme. After all.. the Rheumatologists put this disease into a seperate catagory.. before they knew Lyme...

What do you all think?

Tincup
Member # 5829

Cassie and Shadow.. thanks for the laughs.. and Red too! (Red.. see below) Thanks Boe for the well wishes..

Siz.. Now looky here.. I am taking advise from you to get some "Udder Butter" for "udders" I don't even have.. that is normally used on cows to make them "feel better".. I also am now being told to watch my plant and herb intake..

First.. May I say.. This advise comes from someone who thinks an animal doc would be a good Valentine! hehehehehe

OK.. actually.. that IS good stuff you printed out. I will watch that for sure.. Good thought. I am drinking green tea.. and appreciate you thinking of that aspect.. I would have missed it. Thanks!

RED- Good info... I would like to see the book.. but not today.. I am backed up.. but if the offer is still good in a while.. I would appreciate it. I am glad you shared these stories. The personal touch adds so much to the research and fact gathering... And is that little one of yours.. well.. could she be the "Crayola Ferry"???

You all have a great day! Thanks for the help and thoughts..

Gaeltick
Unregistered

Tin

ACA is a common result of lyme borreliosis in Ireland. My rash which was biopsied hung around forever, even now the rash sight has changes..it looks different from the surrounding skin. I've asked my doctor about this..didn't seem to phase him..but I've oftened wondered..is it different ticks presenting different symptoms, or genetics. I for one am convinced there is a correlation..but I'm not a scientist, JMHO.

charlie
Member # 25

Icon 12 posted      Profile for charlie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
....A Tin Cup changing colors?? Just think of it as a patina....
Posts: 2804 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mary pat
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY ALL,I "ALMOST" made the mistake of going to that clinic in NJ, many years ago till I heard about their "philosophy"
There are other alternatives to that clinic here on the EAST
coast. I stumbled onto this info thru the LYME conference in April, 2001. When I developed my rash, & the biopsy confirmed CTCL, I was searching for a 2nd opinion, & in finding one of the best in the country, I also discovered another doctor & his associates there, investigating lyme morphea/scleroderma
If you need info, email me. Marypat

Cassie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cassie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi TinCup, I hope you are going to listen to us and check with your doc.

My Aunt has sclerderma, the systemic sclerosis. She has had it for about 4 years now and she is started to have joint pain along with the tightening of her skin.
I read that it was not hereditary,do you know anything about that?
I had a positive ANA recently, I am getting concerned.
What is better FIBROMYALGIA, LYME DISEASE OR SCLERDERMA, YIKES!!

Take care Tincup
Cassie

Posts: 564 | From Toronto Ontario Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smokey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Smokey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tincup

Maybe you are just getting ready for spring and all the pretty flowers.

Seriously I hope they find out what it is and its nothing long lasting.

If you can't make it to the farm store for the bag balm they sell it at Walmart out here.

Will be praying for you.
Cindy ><>

Posts: 906 | From San Francisco Bay | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sladybug
Member # 2187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sladybug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tincup. I do think you are correct with the misdiagnosis of sc. in comparison with Lyme. You should email this doctor or group to get some fires going. Especially what was interesting was the vet seeing that dr. They are around ticks all the time. There have been so many other diseases which are proving to be Lyme. I have wondered about many rash diseases for awhile now. The key question is the history of the rash. Rashes don't just appear and fall out of the sky!!!I have similar problems with colored palms etc. It seems to appear when I am getting close to herxing (UH-OH) Although I am curious about the iron comment. Does anyone know what the daily recommended amount is for iron? If so please let me know. Lyme seems to mess up all the minerals in our body . We know it does with magnesium- why not the other ones too!!Well I like your description I will consider myself a rainbow too now. Thanks for the good writing.
Posts: 67 | From Torrrington, Ct USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaintedRabbit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaintedRabbit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings Tincup,

I hope you are better. I didn't want to write because somehow my name...oh, never mind.

I am concerned about you. I really wish this would all go away for you!!!!!! It sounds scary.

I just posted to Daryl Ann's thread. I dug up some information I found on the different variations in European (I know you haven't been there) LD. It is interesting, nevertheless. Maybe something might correspond and help a bit more.

Maybe Daryl Ann and you may compare notes a little more.

Just a thought for you. Healing thoughts.

Nancys the Wabbit

Posts: 937 | From Seattle, Washington | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup, I'm going to give you something else to consider for your skin colors. The colors you are describing can be caused by hemorrhage into the skin. It has many causes, but low platelets (thrombocytopenia--the cells that helps your blood to clot), is one of the most common. If you have low platlets, you may see 1)"Purpura--hemmorrhage into the skin shows red, darkening into purple and then brownish-yellow". 2)Ecchymosis--appears in large irregular formed hemorrhagic areas of the skin, starting as blue, then changing to greenish brown or yellow. 3)petechiae--small redish-purple spots on the skin. Another sure sign of low platelets is if your gums are bleeding easily. Anyway, just something else to consider for all your color changes. Be sure to have a platlet count on your next labs.
Posts: 114 | From Seaside, Calif. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sladybug:
You should email this doctor or group to get some fires going.

ladybug, the dr Tincup mentioned is a slymeball. He testifies against Lyme patients for the insurance companies. He's a hopeless case.

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Wellllllll..

After much research.. I have concluded..

By the way.. a few days ago the swelling and colors started to fade a little bit.. Good I thought...

The next day... I woke up with what looked like a perfect ACA/scleroderma rash? It covered the entire section of the back of my right hand and into the fingers somewhat..

The wrist was bright white. slightly swollen, and a little shiny... and the "rash" also appeared to be running up my arm from the inside of the wrist across the top of my arm to the outside of my elbow. Very bright red and deep within.. very very wrinkly, very shiney, very gross... and very "outlined".. in other words.. not smeared into the skin looking.. but precise.

The arm rash is 2-3 inches wide and at least 7 inches long. The skin looks as if it would tear away if scratched. It also looked as if the skin was about a 1/16 of an inch away from the bones.. no "fatty layers" appeared.. Kinda like the skin would look on a nearly burnt thru piece of BBQ chicken.

I have had three opinions so far..

1. Think it is scleroderma.. and that can be "bad". About 80 percent of the folks who get it live up to 5 years and are pumped full of a mess of drugs that work... or don't... to slow the progress but not halt it.. But they are not "sure" if that is what it is... (Didn't see the latest rash on arm/hand.. just colorful stuff)

2. Think it is scleroderma... and that is "very bad". But not sure if that is what it is. It can destroy the organs too. (Also didn't see the rash on arm/hand.. only the color stuff)

3. I am SO angry with this third place.. They SAW the rash in full force... aggggg!!! OK.. after waiting 2 and 1/2 hours to see the doc.. I found out they too think it could be Reynauds and/or Scleroderma... but not sure.. go to a dermatologist... somewhere.. But we see your blood pressure is up really high.. and you have lost weight...

Thanks alot..

Well...

I think they are ALL wrong.. as were ALL the docs I have seen about this problem before this occurance who didn't know and didn't bother to check... and didn't care....

I have spoken to no less than 10 docs.. even showed the earlier rashes I had to them.. told them of the bad swelling I have had.... and this has been over the past couple of years.. No one listened.. no one did anything.. no one gave a toot... The "I don't know, I don't care" pig slyme stuff...

Now I have this "stuff" which I have no clue what it will do.. or what will stop the progression. Did I have to become scared out of my wits and now disfigured cause no one listened to me before or took me seriously? Will it go away? Will it get worse? What is it from? Can we fix it?

Because nobody knows.. and nobody gives a hoot... and I am left to deal with this on my own... I now declare it to be an ACA rash due to the continued unchecked Lyme infection..

I am posting this because I want to be sure you MAKE them listen to YOU... and do something before it is too late if you have a similar problem.

I am "ok" now. It took a lot of research and a lot of "trauma/stress" to get "ok" with living with the rash... but that is where I am..

I think...

PS.. Be SURE to take pictures.. I did!

I will report/post any updates with the idea that others who must "figure this out themselves" may have some background and literature to refer to...

------------------
With all of our running and all of our cunning,
If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.

red
Member # 1886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for red     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Tincup, the frustration they bring to our already frustrating lives!! I agree, if only they would listen in the first place. I have a very hard time accepting that no-response, no-imput from dr.'s when you ask them about something like a rash such as you described. I had this on my ankle and on my face pre-lyme dx. And the dr.'s just looked at it and said nothing! Then the llmd said it was from the lyme, maybe ACA, maybe localized scleroderma. During IV treatment, they improved! And now, 6 weeks off meds, they are starting to change in appearance. So in my mind, I think that it is due to the lyme. And I am not "cured". I know that you said that your reading pile was high, but I would really recommend The Road Back. It talks of sleroderma, lyme disease etc...the cause and treatment. Maybe I can do a book report for you!! I will try. I felt soo much better after reading the book. It explained to me why my skin was changing.....and if I remember correctly, nerve pain can be found in scleroderma?? Not sure, but will check it out. Oh Tincup, all the best to you. Hoping you have a happy day.
Posts: 70 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janelle
Unregistered

Tincup, I have a doctor here in Salt lake City that treats his Scleroderma patients with IV Clindamycin which completely cures them. This clinic is very popular. People from all over the country come to see him. He has written many books as well on yeast. If it gets to become a big big problem, get some clyndamicin really fast. He treated patients that were told they had a bout a year left to live and completely killed the disease. It has to be bacterial!! I'm sure it's just the Lyme manifesting itself in another way. Good luck to you! My prayers are with you.
swissmoeka
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1577

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swissmoeka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tincup,

So sorry to hear what you have been dealing with.
I wish I could offer some answers.
You are always so helpful and full of answers for all of us.
Hope your doing better soon.
I will keep you in my prayers.
Sweet Dreams,
swiss

Posts: 482 | From NH | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

To the top for bpeck...
sheilaTN
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3213

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sheilaTN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To the top for Tincup

So sad to hear of your problem..It is good to know you started researching this and get to the bottom of what is causing this.
I see Lots of wonderful people here also sending you links and advice, I wish I had some good advice to give you. I am here though and listening and reading. THANKS for all the Great advice and Links you have posted for me. Your help means so Much..and Yes thanks for the advice on Lupus verses Lyme. Don`t worry, I will not back down, I will go with my gut feelings on this.
I will not back down not only for me but for others who will follow in this bizzare path of finding the truth. Take care Tincup and sending many warm wishers and prayers your way.
This ones for you, a rainbow of fruit colors.
Hey maybe your a human mood ring..remember those

(((((HUGS)))))
sheilaTN

Posts: 236 | From Knoxville, TN | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
badkitti30043
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for badkitti30043     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup
Gosh I would wish you nothing else to worry about dear one.......I do think its somehow related to the Lyme.

..I also have the swelling fingers , splotchy coloring andpain(bad like no other) in both elbows and heels too sometimes some thickening of skin and that hard spot on foot just below ankle that I saw mentioned as well in a different post.

I am definately interested to see what you find out on this. I wish youluck with the doc. and maybe your symtoms will make an appearence in time for you appt. so he can see too.

Try not to worry to much in the meanwhile...

Warmest Hugs.............Sandi

Posts: 664 | From Atlanta Ga. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caat
Member # 2321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Tincup,

Sorry to hear this. If you think it's sclerderma then it probley is. You know what your doing. Sclerderma 's not good.

BUT- what exactly is an "autoimmune disease" ??? sounds like something they call it when they don't know what it is.... OR what causes it. (Especially with seagull leading the squawk.)

I'm not trying to irritate you- but want to bring up some questions to think about. Because finding someone who knows how to treat this is going to be like winning a lottery. You might just have to opt for a shotgun... errr... I mean shotgun ab treatment...

Is what you have the same as ACA or is it different? ...Are you pretty sure?

Is it Lyme or a co-infection? Think of how common a co-infection babesia is for instance. Even if it's ACA could it be caused by a co-infection?

Have you noticed it going away or becoming latent with certain meds you've taken? Which ones?

If it is a co-infection (not lyme) could it be caused by;

1. a fungus
2. a bacteria
3. protazoa or other small parasites
4. worms
5. a virus

???

A lot of worms, particularly non-human ones will live on or below the skin for a very long time. If they have somehow gotten into a human (which is not their natural host)and managed to survive they can become confused and wander around under the skin for years. Then sometimes manage to progress to other parts of the body. Some are very very small. They don't have ANY tests for any of those. Some worms can disfigure the body in ways you wouldn't think of (like elephantitis), or produce lesions or wierd little cysts under the skin etc. Groups of cysts under the skin can be caused by worms. They can discolor the skin- although I don't know (who knows??) about green and magnetta.

I'm mentioning worms because no one thinks of them. No one knows very much at all about most of them, even people who spend their entire lives staring at them under microscopes... & it's rare that people in the US ever get treated for them or even *incidently* take any meds that are effective for them. The other things you've probley already thought of.

I'd guess it's not likely to be gram negative bacteria (like lyme)if it's a coinfection, huh?

Maybe the doc mentioned above who treats it with abx (is that an antifungal?) would be a good gamble. Might be better odds than a US llmd on this thing.

I hope you find something soon that works for it. This "autoimmune" stuff is a bunch of bird crap.

Posts: 1436 | From Humboldt county ca usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caat
Member # 2321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tin cup,

I'm worried about you. I'm going to do some searches this week on "scleroderma fungal" and maybe some other stuff.

Of course I wouldn't know if this is true or not, but this is interesting;

http://www.aehf.com/articles/1993symp.html

"" Auto-immune diseases are characterized by the finding of so-called auto-antibodies. It is a most popular concept but biologically fatally defective in that no species of life can make an antibody against itself, particularly, causing fatal disease such as scleroderma. Scleroderma is considered to proved the validity of the auto-immune concept with the presence of auto-antibodies against ubiquitin, which is present in many species including fungi. Scleroderma responds well to the antifungal agent griseofuvlin. Against whose ubiquitin is the host raising antibodies to its own or fungal-derived in a disease state that responds to an antifungal drug? The auto-immune diseases appearin gto have a fungal/mycotoxin origin are scleroderma diabetes mellitus, HLA-related disease, rheumatoid arthritis, Sjogren=s syndrome, psoriasis, and systemic lupus erythematosus. All of the drugs effective in the treatment of these diseases possess antifungal or anti-mycotoxin activity. This includes all NSAIDS. ""

Iris R. Bell, MD, PhD

University of Arizona Health Sciences Center

-----------------------
I'm going to bed now, but will search this week & save snips like this. Goodnight!

Posts: 1436 | From Humboldt county ca usa | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was March 2002 when you first reported this condition, Tin person. Did you every find out whether you have scleroderma or not?

Hope that was a negative.

Ann - OH

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JackiGE
Unregistered

Hi Tincup,

would you mind sending some informative images via email? My email-address is: [email protected].

I will read all the postings later on, but I sure wish you would not have to deal with this. I am so glad you keep your spirits up in the SKY, as we all benefit from your immense knowlege and your help.

Jackie

auntybiotic1499
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for auntybiotic1499   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tincup,

My wise Mother say, "everything happens for a reason".

You are so knowledgeable and have a way of getting your message to so many other...that I think you were temporary made into a human rainbow so that you would search for answers.

In your search you discoved that so many other patients may have this disorder alongwith lyme and not realize that they have lyme disease.

Think how many people may read this post and mention to a friend, co-worker, or possibly a neighbor that also has a multi-colored rash to see a LLMD and get tested for lyme disease.

Your having this rainbow rash may have opened the door for so many others with undiscovered lyme to seek treatment.

I know the rash will go away soon, it was just a prompt to get you to research and again save so many other lives with your SMARTNESS!!!!Keep up the good work. There are so many of us depending on you and the others on lyme net to educate.

Once we newbies graduate from Lyme 101,
then we can go on to educate others.
Thanks again for your many posts.
Aunty

Posts: 677 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey guys..

I haven't read all the posts since I rought this back up.. but I will... on my way to other stuff right now.

I noticed folks were concerned and were offering to help me.. and you all are so fantastic... I do love you!

Please note.. the post is an old one.. many moons ago. I brought it up for one of our members who was asking about rashes.

I didn't mean to concern anyone...

I do not have scleroderma... The tests were negative. I do believe it is an ACA related thing that comes with some folks with Lyme.

I als believe that folks with scleroderma may actually have Lyme.

Kinda funny how the "so called leading facility" treating scleroderma is taking patients who thought they had Lyme .. but the old "tests" didn't pick it up????

I am VERY concerned for those folks... VERY.

But I am fine. I am on treatment for Lyme and the rashes have gone away.... and there is no "scleroderma"...

Soooo.. this was just for info.. and you all are a wonderful group.. and didn't want anyone worrying...

Gotta go!

FancyRatFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FancyRatFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank goodness Tin Cup!
You had me scared.

Today was the first time I saw this post and had me worried for you so I skipped to all your posts on the thread hoping to find good news about it and I saw your post today.

I bet it was quite the scare at the time. Glad you are okay.
D'Ann

[This message has been edited by FancyRatFan (edited 06 November 2002).]

Posts: 258 | From San Diego, CA USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caat
Member # 2321

oh good. I really was worried.
Tincup
Member # 5829

Bringing this back up for a member... and...

My fingers started doing this weird swell and turn red and sore stuff...

But.. the good news is... ONLY TWO fingers! Not all ten! Yippeee...

I noticed after the horrid herx was about 3 weeks past starting point that my rash on my feet that had disappeared while on antibiotics had started returning... Then they cleared up to less and barely noticable... and then the fingers started.

No.. it isn't scleroderma... It is something to do with Lyme... ACA related or whatever??

The fingers weren't as bad as this... but near so.

It has subsided and only a tiny red spot next to two of the nails is visable now..

http://www.dermis.net/doia/image.asp?zugr=d&lang=e&cd=44&nr=25&diagnr=710110

Funny... it started after the big herx... and stopping meds. Hmmm... it is good to keep track of this I guess and note the comings and goings...

Someone showed up today who had this...

http://www.lymealliance.org/rash/rash7.html

They thought it might be frost bite but didn't think they got that cold... but the person has had a zillion tick bites over the years.. only a slight problem with symptoms over the many years.. and now this. Interesting...

I go to the LLMD tomorrow...

Tincup
Member # 5829

up for Lenny..
Tincup
Member # 5829

Up for the colorful folks at Lyme Net.

Update on my rashes...

The ACA returns when I stop antibiotics... but goes away while on them... hmmmm.. go figure.

The only marks on this old gal right now is the remains of the last brown recluse spider bite. Otherwise... I am completely "normal".

OK... not completely normal.. but as darn close as a sweet thing like me can get...

I say that in a joking fashion... I am afraid I have been a touch grumpy lately...

Soooooo... don't be messing with me... hehehe

------------------
Never apologise for extreme measures when defending your values, your health, or your family's safety.

livinlyme
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm am sorry these varments are getting under your skin!

But Since you are on Skin issues,
Please be kind enough to look at my sons back and tell me if you have seen this before!?
This is why I am concerned about his heart and possible connection to Lyme... although it may just be "some other" syndrome... Lyme seems to have it's hand in every pot of bad luck!

Still Livin!
LOOK HERE! http://pacybersales.netfirms.com/May09_55.jpg http://pacybersales.netfirms.com/May09_56.jpg

------------------
Can't do better, unless you know better!

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livinlyme
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but of course i have a loosey site here. I'll try again
brb

------------------

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livinlyme
Member # 3773

okay now if this doesn't work I will be switching my server!
http://home.ptd.net/~live4me/May09_55.jpg http://home.ptd.net/~live4me/May09_56.jpg

------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Hmmmm..

That is amazing... however.. dang me...

I am soooo tired I can't keep my eyes open.. but I have tried thinking alot about it... and my first thoughts.. and I shouldn't be allowed to have any as you can see I am too slow and unfamilair.....

Is some type of scarring tissue (?)...or poison oak... which I doubt... then a lice or chiggar line or mark?

See.. I have NO clue. I have seen lines like that...

I will think some more.. not that it will help... but will try.

Great picture though...

Here are a couple sites I searched through and just thought it might interest you. NOT that the rash is any of these.. but a couple of good sites for finding something like it maybe??

I am sorry I am so dunce tonight... I think it runs in my family... hehehehe

I am editing to say I can't seem to get the sub-sites to "work".. but the main sites should.... ok?

Main site... then subsites....

http://www.dermis.net/index_e.htm
http://www.dermis.net/doia/image.asp?zugr=d?=e&cd=47&nr=78&diagnr=692982

http://www.dermis.http://www.dermis.net/doia/mainmenu.asp?zugr=d?=enet/doia/m
ainmenu.asp?zugr=d?=e

Main site.. then sub sites...
http://www.vh.org/adult/provider/dermatology/PietteDermatology/BasicDermatology.htm
l
http://www.vh.org/adult/provider/dermatology/PietteDermatology/BlackTray/16arms.htm
l
http://www.vh.org/adult/provider/dermatology/PietteDermatology/BlackTray/17Lichen.ht
ml
http://www.vh.org/adult/provider/dermatology/PietteDermatology/BlackTray/27PoisonIv
y.html

[This message has been edited by Tincup (edited 08 April 2003).]

livinlyme
Member # 3773

Hey TINCUP,
If you wake up to find the rainbow gone,, okay, well I'm being serious here...
Just clip one of those pic's you led us to on the links, and show the doc that!.. after all you had the symptoms.. so it was juz a little white lyme lie.. hehehehe
Juz kidding, but i hope you wake up and the colors go away ,

, maybe them drugs are affecting you in a strange way??!!
Hey come to think of it I could stand a few of them right now.. bye bye..

------------------

livinlyme
Member # 3773

tried them links and they keep saying they are sorry,, welll I'll b, so am I?? I was interested, but I guess I'll have to get it somewhere else tonight??!!! hehehehe snicker snort, hehehehe
FYI, they are strecth marks, he has had them for 2+ years now, and they are covering his entire body.. nasty stuff. I think it is another lyme thing, but I could be wrong... off to bed i go hoho

------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Guess what..

September 2004

It's BACK!

I have been watching it slowly appear.

The skin on the backs of my hands is so paper thin, it is spooky!

My hands look like there is NO fat or muscle tissue in them. Like a skeleton.

Wish my butt would loose some of that fat too.. while the keets are at it!

HA!

If I try to pinch the skin on my hands or feet.. it is only about 1/10 of an inch thick before you hit bone. No.. it's about 1/10 of an inch thick.. at the MOST.. with 2 layers pinched together.

The veins stick out like they are going to fall off my hands. When pinching the skin... it takes a long while to move back into place.. like it was made of silly putty.

It feels kinda "rubbery".

This time it is both hands and both feet at the same time!

The colors aren't as noticable because I am very dark skinned after the summer.. so a bit harder to see.

Mostly I see pale white against the darker skin... especially around the knuckles.

But the skin is so wrinkled and "lined". Like hmmmmm..

Kinda like taking a very fined tooth comb through some nice sand and seeing the deep lines it leaves across it.. in perfect distance from each other.. so close the lines are almost on top of each other.

I THINK the actual ACA rash is starting to show up on my right arm again... but again.. the tan is making it hard to tell.

And YES! If I get the camera working...

I WILL take pictures. LOTS of pictures!!!

I am also waiting to see if the rash gets VERY noticable... and if so.. will rush down to the dermatologist who said they would do a biopsy for me.

Of course this is the same one who tried to convince me that Bartonella was the "technical name" for Lyme disease.

Oh well!

Anyhow.. this may explain my symptoms coming back on me.. and I will hit the pennicilin soon if LLMD approves.. but I want to wait and see if I can't first get photos and biopsies so we can PROVE this rash is from Lyme and is NOT scleroderma... so don't be telling on me! hehehe

I KNOW we have that strain of Lyme here.. we have noted about a dozen or so folks here at Lyme Net who have the same thing happening... but nobody is listening.

Most folks (medical reports) say it is ONLY in Europe.. but I know better!

And I've never been to Europe...

Not till they build me a bridge will I go!

I am still horrified about all the folks with Lyme being misdiagnosed.. at places like Hopkins and Robert Wood Johnsons... with scleroderma and/or Renauds Syndrome.. being put on STEROIDS! We MUST prove it is Lyme so they will be treated PROPERLY!!!

And the scleroderma patients are reported to die within about 5 years with this condition...

NOT GOOD!!!!!!!

IDIOT DUCKS!

We've GOTTA do something about this!!!

So gang... pray for a pretty rash this time. And a good biopsy report.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement