LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » For those of you with treatment failures..consider Brucellosis

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For those of you with treatment failures..consider Brucellosis
AJ
Member # 12432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Howdy!
It's been a looonnnggg time hasn't it. There's lots of new people here so I guess I'll start off with a little background.

I had untreated Lyme for somewhere in the region of 17-19 years. I didn't know it of course and only became extremely ill in June 2001. I went to various quacks and eventually found Lymenet and my wonderful LLMD.

I had nearly every symptom on Dr B's list along with others. Major ones included a seizure disorder, 2 heart conditions, temporary paralysis, meningitis and encephaltis.

I started treatment in Feb 2002 and went on IV in that March. Some of my neuro symptoms began to improve but after a few months my physical body began to worsen dramatically. I had already tested negative for the usual co-infections.

By the end of May I had to leave my job. My mind didn't work right and my body was on the verge of collapse. I continued the IV until July when my LLMD and I concluded that it just was not working for me. I went back onto oral Amox.

During that visit I asked to be retested for co-infections as I had a gut feeling that there had to be something else going on.
A few weeks later all tests came back neg except for a cross reaction on the Western Blot for Brucella Abortus.

This is a bacterial infection that attacks the central nervous system. It is supposedly extremely rare in the US. It is contracted through unpasteurized milk products or direct blood contact with an infected animal. Also....it can be tickborne.

Personally I have been in many situations where I could have been exposed. Drinking raw milk as a child, travel to many countries where it is not rare, etc. But what are the odds that I have Lyme AND Brucella.

After the treatment for Brucellosis I have improved considerably. My seizure disorder has disappeared along with the Encephalitis and much of the mass inflammation in my body. I was even considering going back to work in a couple of months.

I was my LLMD's first Brucella case and since me (in Aug 2002) he has tested a few other Lyme patients who have had similar treatment failures. He has found 2 other cases thus far. Again I say, what are the odds????

If you are experiencing treatment failure consider asking to be tested for this. The symptoms are similar to Lyme.

Sorry this is so long but I do feel that this may be a "new" tickborne disease that is being missed. Hope ya'll are having an okay day!
XO, AJ

------------------
__TarCat

Posts: 2 | From Phila. suburbs | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sizzled
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sizzled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting this, Tarcat!

Glad you and your doc were able to find what was a true turning point in your health!

Good to have as much history as possible to consider this type of infection!

Streptomycin or erythromycin seems to be the abx of choice for treatment?

This is also a gram-negative but AEROBIC bacteria....so one considering doing hyperbaric therapy might want to make sure this is not a possible infectious agent.

Is your doc reporting his/her findings? Hope so.

I also wonder if this is found more in the warmer, southern regions of the US?

Posts: 4258 | From over there | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nan
Member # 63

Icon 2 posted      Profile for nan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad to hear you're better! You may recall that I had brucellosis years back.
Wonder if I had lyme then, too.?

Sizzled makes a good point. Hope these guys/gals LLMD's share their information.

Will see my LLMD in NY tomorrow and will mention it!

So good to hear you upbeat, Tarcat! Keep it up!

Posts: 2135 | From Tick Country | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katydid
Member # 1128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katydid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tarcat, I'm so glad to hear you are doing better. Could you give some treatment details? What did you take, what dosage, how long? Did you have herxes with the abx treatment?
Posts: 1745 | From El Paso, Texas | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TX Lyme Mom
Member # 3162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TX Lyme Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a couple of other Texans who I suspect might have had exposures to Brucella. Which lab did your LLMD use for diagnosing it? How does the abx therapy differ from ordinary abx therapy for LD?

Please fill us in, if/when time permits. And a huge Thanks for alerting us to this possibility.

Is your LLMD the one in Houston or in Bedford, or are you one of those Texans who travels to MO instead?

I'm asking all these questions because we still have several members among our local area CFIDS support group who have not tested positive for LD, so I'm always interested in learning as much as I can about what else we might have in our state to cause folks to have chronic illnesses. There's a lot of dairy farms in this part of our state, so Brucellosis should not be too unexpected.

Again, thanks for taking the time to update us.

Posts: 4563 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TX Lyme Mom
Member # 3162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TX Lyme Mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an abstract which Cave found first, but I'm "borrowing" it from her separate topic and re-posting it here under this topic, so that it won't get lost and separated from the other info already here.

This from another site:
Quote:
.... look at the full article,especially the tables, they tested
several bacteria against several abx. http://jac.oupjournals.org/cgi/content/full/46/5/811

Brief report
Bactericidal effect of antibiotics on Bartonella and Brucella spp.: clinical
implications
Jean-Marc Rolain, Max Maurin and Didier Raoult*

a Unit� des Rickettsies CNRS UPRES-A 6020, Facult� de M�decine, Universit�
de la M�diterran�e, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05,
France

Abstract

The species Bartonella and Brucella are phylogenetically closely related
bacteria, both of which can produce chronic infections in humans that are
difficult to cure with antibiotics. MICs of antibiotics for both species
correlate poorly with the in vivo efficacy of the antibiotics. In this study
we have determined MBCs of several antibiotics for this group of pathogens.
Only the aminoglycosides were bactericidal, and this correlates well with
the usefulness of these antibiotics for the therapy of human brucellosis and
chronic Bartonella spp. infections such as endocarditis. Our data indicate
that current clinical experience in treating brucellosis may help to define
better the optimum antibiotic therapy for Bartonella-related diseases.
end quote

And this one also:

quote:

Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 2003 Jan;10(1):95-102 Related Articles, Links

Western immunoblotting for bartonella endocarditis.

Houpikian P, Raoult D.

Unite des Rickettsies, CNRS-UPRES-A 6020, Faculte de Medecine de Marseille,
13385 Marseille cedex, France.

To differentiate infectious endocarditis (IE) from other Bartonella
infections and to identify infecting Bartonella bacteria at the species
level on a serological basis, we used Western immunoblotting to test sera
from 51 patients with Bartonella IE (of which 27 had previously benefited
from species identification by molecular techniques), 11 patients with
chronic Bartonella quintana bacteremia, and 10 patients with cat scratch
disease. Patients with IE were Western blot positive in 49 of 51 cases, and
significant cross-reactivity with three heterologous Bartonella antigens was
found in 45 of 49 cases. Sera from bacteremic patients did not react with
more than one heterologous antigen, and sera from patients with cat scratch
disease gave negative results. Sera reacted only with B. henselae in four
cases of IE, including one with a positive PCR result for valve tissue.
Western blot and cross-adsorption performed on serum samples from patients
with IE (the identity of the causative species having been determined by
PCR) were demonstrated to identify efficiently the causative species in all
cases. When applied to patients diagnosed on the basis of serological tests
only, this technique allowed identification of the causative species in 20
of 22 cases. The results were in accordance with epidemiological features.
Six reactive bands of B. quintana (of molecular sizes from 10 to 83 kDa)
demonstrated significant association with sera from patients with B.
quintana endocarditis. Overall, Western blotting and cross-adsorption made
it possible to identify the causative species in 49 of 51 (96%) IE cases.

PMID: 12522046 [PubMed - in process]

end quote
cave76

Posts: 4563 | From TX | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kira
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the testing for this any more reliable than Lyme disease??? Or should this diagnosis also be more clincal than lab oriented??

Is it important to test after being off abx...or does it not matter??

Kira

Posts: 802 | From Chicago suburbs, Illinois | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AJ
Member # 12432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, lots of questions! I'm glad.

Okay, treatment length is different for each case. I did 8 weeks and tests showed up neg at that point. We will continue testing at different intervals.

I'm not really sure of test result accuracy but I'm pretty sure it isn't a hider like Lyme. The lab my test was done at was Labcorp. I would not reccommend this lab for Lyme tests though.

The traditional treatment is Doxy, Rifampin and IM streptomycin shots but we replaced the IM with oral Zithromax. I took Doxy 100mg twice a day, Zith 250mg twice a day and Rifampin 600mg once a day for 8 weeks.

Siz, about the climate... Pretty sure it doesn't matter but may be more likely to be around states bordering Mexico as the disease is prominent there. Does that make sense? It is actually a cow, sheep, goat and dog carried disease so can be found anywhere.

Did I herx??? HUGE. I started the treatment in the middle of a big Lyme herx. The next week I felt pretty good. Then I got slammed again, real bad. I was happy to feel bad at that point.

I'm posting a long abstract now but a very good one.
XO, AJ

Neurobrucellosis

S. Izadi, M.D.
Department of Internal Medicine, SUMS

Abstract

Although uncommon, neurobrucellosis can affect any part of the central or peripheral nervous system clinical syndromes are ultimately diverse, and clinical picture may be confused by the coexistence of two or more clinical syndromes in the same patient. The most common neurologic manifestation is a subacute or chronic meningoencephalitis. Acute toxic manifestations (e.g., headache, neckache , backache , insomnia, depression and muscle weakness) are seen during the acute phase of infection. Incidence of eurobrucellosis cannot be exactly estimated. Most impportant clinical syndromes include:brucella meningitisand encephalitis, vascular syndromes, myelopathy and spinal disease and psychiatric disturbances. All of these syndromes usually occur without any underlying disease. Diagnosis is made by reviewing patient history, physical examination, CSF and serum serological and other laboratory studies. Detection of brucella antibodies in the CSF always indicates local infection, however, febrile agglutination tests are not reliable. Gram stains are usually negative and cultures are positive in only 25% of cases. Since the organism is located intracellularly, treatment is difficult. Doxycycline in addition to rifampin and streptomycin is the best-studied regimen which should be continued untill CSF is clear. In the yaer following treatment, serum agglutinins fall to normal. The efficacy of corticosteroids is not proved. Neurobrucella has a better prognosis than other forms of chronic meningitis and less mortality; however, incidence of minor sequella (not limiting the normal life) is high.

Introduction

Brucellosis, malta , Mediterranean or undulant fever is caused by infection in humans by some species of bacteria of genus Brucella. These bacteria infect domestic animals-including cows, sheep, goats , camels, horses, pigs, cats and dogs. Hippocrates and Aristotle have described malta fever in humans. The first identification of Brucellosis as a disease entity is attributed to Marston (1861). Human infection is acquired via the gastrointestinal tract by ingestion of infected milk or milk products , or by contact with infected animals or meat through the skin , conjunctiva or lungs. Males of working age are affected at least twice as frequently as females. Brucellae are slow-growing , small , non - spore forming , non-motile, non-encapsulated , aerobic , facultativelly intracellular , gram - negative coccobacilli. B. abortus, B. suis, B. melitensis , and B. canis are known to infect humans. B. neotomae and B. ovis do not infect humans. Once the organisms have entered the body they travel to the regional lymph nodes, thence by the blood stream to localize in the reticulo-endothelial system in spleen, lymph nodes, liver , and bone marrow. Other tissues including the nervous system, may be involved by hematogenous spread. Over 500000 cases of brucellosis are reported yearly from 100 countries. B. melitensis infection , distributed primarily in the Mediterranean region , latin America, the Persian gulf and Indian subcontinent , accounts for the majority of cases.

Neurobrucellosis:

Neurobrucellosis is uncommon and neurologic manifestations of neurobrucellosis are
diverse, and can affect any part of the central or peripheral nervous system, and clinical
picture may be confused by the coexistence of two or more clinical syndromes in the
same patient. It is difficult to know how frequently the nervous system is affected ,
because of difficulties in diagnosis and variability in reporting such complications. The clinical neurological syndromes which may be caused by Brucella include, acute toxic manifestations, meningitis , diffuse or localized encephalitis, myelitis , radiculitis, neuritis, multiple cerebral or cerebellar abscesses , ruptured mycotic aneuysm and subarachnoid hemorrhage, guillain - Barre syndrome , cranial nerve palsies , hemiplegia , sciatica, myositis, and rhabdomyolysis. Papillitis , papilledema, retrobulbar neuritis, optic atrophy and ophtalmoplegia due to lesion in cranial nerve III, IV, VI may occur in brucella meningoencephalitis. The most common neurologic manifestation is a subacute or chronic meningoencephalitis. Many other CNS manifestations of neurobrucellosis have been reported : arachnoidits, cerebellar syndromes, ruptured basilar aneurism, hemiparkinsonism, chorea , anterior poliomyelitis. Sometimes it may mimick brain tumor requiring neurosurgery. Acute toxic manifestations are seen during the acute phase of infection , and include headache, neckache , backache , insomnia, depression and muscle weakness.Motor manifestations occur frequently and generally present in the form of paresis of variable intensity ,with frequent gait disturbances. Sensory symptoms usually consist of paresthesias and occationaly gait apraxia.Involvment of the cranial nerves, generally the sixth , seventh , and eight , is relatively frequent findings.The involvment of the eight cranial nerve is reported a very chracteristic of the brucellar meningitis. All this diverse manifestations can lead to confusion and delay in diagnosis. It may also lead to difficulty in diffrentiating neurobrucellosis from other chronic infections, especially tuberculosis and syphilis.

Brucella meningitis :

Although headache and neckache are prominent features of acute illness , the more usual course of brucella meningitis is that of a chronic or relapsing form of meningitis, often associated with some features of encephalitis, or cranial nerve palsies and arachnoiditis , clinically indistinguishable form tuberculosis or fungal meningits , and CSF findings may be identical . The proportion of males to females is approximately 2:1.Brucellar meningitis , like other forms of brucellosis , generally occurs in patients without underlying disease , and may present as the first manifestation or at any time in the evolution of the disease. Another type of meningitis involves the spinal medulla and is secondary to spondylitis; this type of meningitis is generally caused by epidural abscesses. It is interesting to note that <50% of the patients with brucellar meningitis exhibited meningeal signs. Neurobrucellosis and brucellar meningitis may have an exclusively neurologic manifestations disease , mimicking vascular accidents or neurological disease that are frequently paroxysmal or recurrent.

Brucella encephalitis:

This is commonly associated with meningitis but may be encountered without neck stiffness, and the sign of meningitis may be subtle. There is depression and confusion and paranoid delusions , depression of consciousness (drowsy, stuprous , coma ) and sometimes long-tract signs and convulsions and focal neurologic deficit may appear. Also extra pyramidal and cerebellar sings have been recorded. Although most cases will resolve spontaneously after a protracted course , or after appropriate antibiotic therapy , encephalitis can be fatal.

Vascular syndromes :

In the course of brucella encephalitis or meningitis the cerebral vessels can be affected by vasculitic changes which may cause occlusion and infarction with resultant deficit according to the vessel involved. Intermittent neurological deficits attributable to vascular insufficiency have been reported. Emboli may derive from brucella endocarditis, and subarachnoid hemorrhage from rupture of mycotic aneurysms.

Myelopathy and spinal disease :

Myelopathy may result from several different mechanisms . Acute transverse myelitis, spinal cord infarction , adhesive arachnoiditis , compression from epidural abscess or from brucella spondylitis may occur. Brucella spondylitis affect the lumbosacral and lower thoracic region most frequently , causing erosion and vertebral collapse leading to cord or cauda equina compression. Diagnostic confusion with lumbar disc protrusion is not uncommon ,and tuberculous spondylitis produces an identical clinical picture. Direct involvement of the spinal cord and primary sciatic involvement are rare. In addition inflammatory radiculopathies may affect lumbar and sacral nerve roots and cervico-brachial plexus. Mononeuritis multiplex and peripheral neuropathy have been described. Cranial nerve involvment may result from basal meningitis , or can occur independently.

Psychiatric disturbances :

Psychiatric disturbances , most commonly depression , is frequent in brucellosis . This aspect of brucellosis , much more than other manifestations is confusing. A patient who is chronically ill as a result of chronic disease, and in whom no overt physical abnormality is found, it is very likely to be labeled as functional or malingering , unless brucellosis is suspected. In acute brucellosis , confusion and psychiatric reactions may occur. In some of the chronic cases organic brain damage may provide the substrate for the psychiatric picture.

Diagnosis :

The neurological syndromes require differentiation from other chronic meningitis, encephalitis , and granulomatous disease , most importantly tuberculosis and fungal infectious The spondylitic changes are similar to T.B. and other chronic pyogenic infections. Myelopathies can mimic cord compression from tumor, and the periphral manifestations have to be distinguished from other neuropathies. The serologic study ofboth serum and CSF will usually reveal abnormality in brucella meningitis or encephalitis but the degree of abnormality varies and is not specific. CSF pressure is usually elevated ,and CSF may appear clear , turbid or hemorrhagic. Often there is a CSF pleocytosis with lymphocyte predominating CSF pleocytosis is seen in 91% of cases of brucella meningitis the protein content is usually raised and the sugar content may be reduced or normal . Antibody against Brucella may be demonstrated in CSF by enzyme - linked immuno-sorbant assay (ELISA). Most patients mount significant serologic response to Brucella infection , the most frequently used test is standard tube agglutination test (SAT). The detection of brucellar antibodies in the CSF is always indicative of local infection. CSF titers are , however much lower than those in serum in cases of systemic brucellosis. Coombs' test may provide the only positive data for CSF when result of agglutinin tests are negative. The screening of antibodies by coomb's test in CSF is the most reliable serologic test for diagnosis of brucellar meningitis. No single titer of brucella antibodies is diagnostic , however , most cases of active infection have titers higher than 1:160 in CSF. The febrile agglutination tests are insensitive and should not be relied on for diagnosis. In any suspected case of brucellosis attempts should be made to culture the organisms , although cultures are positive in less than one quarter of cases. Gram stains are usually negative.
Diaz et. al. and others have shown an elevation of CSF oligocolonal IgG in patients with brucella meningitis. ESR is increased in <25% of patients and white blood cell count is often normal or low. The radiological abnormalities of neurobrucellosis are non specific. CT appearances of brucella meningitis and encephlitis are similar to other bacterial meningitides. The CT and x ray appearances of spinal brucellosis are similar to those of pyogenic osteomyelitis and require differentiation from tuberculous spondylitis.

Treatment :

The major problem in antibiotic treatment of brucellosis is intracellular location of the organism .There is no unanimity of opinion regarding the optimal regimen. Tetracycline and aminoglycosides may not achieve adequate CSF level. Nevertheless , most authorities recommend the use of doxycyclin 100 mg PO BID in combination with two or more other drugs (Rifampin 600-900 mg PO QD/ streptomycin 1gr IM QD) treatment should be continued for many weeks depending on the response. Doxycycline crosses the blood brain barrier better than generic tetracycline, and it has been used successfully with trimethoprim - sulfamethoxazole and rifampin for brucella meningitis. Third generation cephalosporins also achieve high concentrations in CSF but susceptibility of Brucella SPP. is variable , and in vitro sensitivity should be ensured. Antibiotic therapy should be continued for 1-19 months, till CSF will be cleared. Corticosteroids are often recommended for neurobrucellosis, however , in the absence of controlled studies, their efficacy is unproved. All patients should be kept under review for at least a year following completion of antibiotic course, when the serum agglutinins should be fallen to normal level.

Prognosis :

Burcellar meningitis differs from other forms of chronic meningitis in having a better prognosis. Mortality, for reasons which are not clear , is low, and the cause of death is not always clearly related to brucellosis. The incidence of minor sequelae is high; however, only a few patients suffered important limitations in their normal activity due to motor , sensory or mental disturbances.

Posts: 2 | From Phila. suburbs | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TX Lyme Mom
Member # 3162

AJ, Thanks, Muchas Gracias, Merci, Danke.....

This info is SOooo valuable. I'm putting it together with some other ideas and insights and my imagination is really turned on and iin high gear. I might have to take a few days off LymeNet and start doing some in-depth research now to try to tie some of these ideas together. I'm really on a roll. This is so exciting.

Did you know that in one of the really OLD, out-dated medical dictionaries (Webster's, which isn't really noted for being specialized in medical terminology), that there was a hint of a connection between Brucella and Parvo (virus). I'm sure that there is an important clue there, even if the info is old and out-dated. The history of medicine often holds important clues, if we only pay attention.

Of course, some researchers have also tried to say that Lyme disease is really just parvo virus, instead, although not many researchers bought into that bogus theory. I suspect it was a decoy, a red herring, tossed out there, in order to try to divert attention away from chronic LD. That idea pretty much passed and ended up in the trash bin. Nevertheless, I find it intriguing to try to follow up on these little hints and clues, because sometimes (not always), they can lead one into a new, strike-it-rich vein of gold nuggets to be mined.

So, I'm going to amuse myself by going off on one of these tangents of mine for a few days. Sometimes, they lead nowhere, but sometimes they prove to be very fruitful.

Anyhow, I really do appreciate the info that you are posting here, and I hope that folks will keep this topic going for a while longer. Something tells me that this one might turn out to be important for folks in some (not all) geographical areas, especially the farming regions where farm animals are raised.

Thanks, AJ, and Cave, and anyone else who contributes to this topic. This is really fascinating.

Katydid
Member # 1128

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Katydid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AJ, thanks so much for posting this information and thanks to others for your contributions too. I've improved on treatment for Lyme but I seem to have plateaued -- and at times, my neuro symptoms flare up to a point that I feel like I'm getting sick all over again. Interestingly, I had a big flareup during and after hyperbaric.

I'm especially interested in your comment that neurobrucellosis is prevalent in areas bordering Mexico. I can see the international bridge from my office window even as we speak. My poor LLMD is gonna be getting a call from me soon.

Posts: 1745 | From El Paso, Texas | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TX Lyme Mom
Member # 3162

Katydid,
Good point about the Mexican border. If I recall correctly, the vets have been vaccinating farm animals against Brucellosis for several decades, but I'll bet that the farm animals in Mexico aren't vaccinated. And guess what, ticks don't know borders. Ticks are "illegal immigrants" without proper VISAs.

I'm wondering what other arthropod-borne zoonoses we might have here in our fair state of Texas, which shares such a long border with Mexico, if farm animals in Mexico aren't protected with the same veterinary vaccines. I could be mistaken here, so this might be a question that you will want to ask a friendly veterinarian, because I don't want to send you on any wild goose chases about this. Please check it out first.

I probably shouldn't even post about this idea without checking it out first, but then I'd probably forget to follow up on it and then the idea would just get lost. Thus, I'm posting about it anyway, but with this urgent warning to check it out first, PLEASE, so we don't get any false rumors started, OK?

GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good stuff, thank you.
Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AJ
Member # 12432

cave,
Yes, they have to be taken at the same time to be effective. And, I didn't think you were nagging.

TX Mom,
As for Mexico...I found a document a while back and someone else reproduced it on this site way back when. It was about incidences in CA. It showed that it was the Hispanic community most affected because they travel to Mexico or have family visit. It is common practice in Mexico to have homemade cheese.

If you really want to find something interesting order "The Brucellosis Triangle". It's a book exposing the US and other Govts to secretly experimenting on exposing people to Brucella. Haven't read it yet myself but you can find excerpts online. Hey, our paranoia is warrented! No, really!
XO, AJ

------------------
__TarCat

TX Lyme Mom
Member # 3162

AJ,
I've read the book several times and I know the author, but I've found quite a few inconsistencies and over-generalizations in it, not to mention incomplete or inaccurate references. I tried to chase down some of the references but was unable to satisfy myself that his conclusions were carefully drawn.

While I half-way suspect that the author might be onto something important, I don't think he did a very convincing job of presenting his ideas, so my vote is still out about it. I would like to see more authoritative documentation for the conclusions which he was trying to prove.

GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We were told by several sources - if Parkinson's symptoms - test for Brucella. This post hopped away before I finished. My husband had Parkinson's symptons, ART-tested positive for Brucella and Rickettsia (the latter also confirmed by lab test). He tested positive for all co-infections (Bb, Babs, Ehrlichiosa, Bartonella, Chlamydia, Mycoplasma). He was treated for these and is well on his way to recovery, out of the wheelchair and very active at the gym.

What a life these ticks lead!

[This message has been edited by GiGi (edited 23 January 2003).]

[This message has been edited by GiGi (edited 23 January 2003).]

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AJ
Member # 12432

Here's a scary article I found. I'm going to try and find the actual declassied info somehow, somewhere.
http://www.mercola.com/2001/sep/8/mycoplasma.htm
Mycoplasma the Linking Pathogen in Neurosystemic Diseases

Part 1 of 2 (Continued Next Issue, References)

by Donald W. Scott, MA, MSc
Pathogenic Mycoplasma
A Common Disease Agent Weaponized

Several strains of mycoplasma have been "engineered" to become more dangerous. They are now being blamed for AIDS, cancer, CFS, MS, CJD and other neurosystemic diseases.

There are 200 species of Mycoplasma. Most are innocuous and do no harm; only four or five are pathogenic. Mycoplasma fermentans (incognitus strain) probably comes from the nucleus of the Brucella bacterium. This disease agent is not a bacterium and not a virus; it is a mutated form of the Brucella bacterium, combined with a visna virus, from which the mycoplasma is extracted.

The pathogenic Mycoplasma used to be very innocuous, but biological warfare research conducted between 1942 and the present time has resulted in the creation of more deadly and infectious forms of Mycoplasma.

Researchers extracted this mycoplasma from the Brucella bacterium and actually reduced the disease to a crystalline form. They "weaponized" it and tested it on an unsuspecting public in North America.

Dr Maurice Hilleman, chief virologist for the pharmaceutical company Merck Sharp & Dohme, stated that this disease agent is now carried by everybody in North America and possibly most people throughout the world.

Despite reporting flaws, there has clearly been an increased incidence of all the neuro/systemic degenerative diseases since World War II and especially since the 1970s with the arrival of previously unheard-of diseases like chronic fatigue syndrome and AIDS.

According to DR Shyh-Ching Lo, senior researcher at The Armed Forces Institute of Pathology and one of America's top mycoplasma researchers, this disease agent causes many illnesses including AIDS, cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, Crohn's colitis, Type I diabetes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, Wegener's disease and collagen-vascular diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and Alzheimer's.

DR Charles Engel, who is with the US National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, stated the following at an NIH meeting on February 7, 2000: "I am now of the view that the probable cause of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia is the mycoplasma..."

I have all the official documents to prove that mycoplasma is the disease agent in chronic fatigue syndrome/fibromyalgia as well as in AIDS, multiple sclerosis and many other illnesses.

Of these, 80% are US or Canadian official government documents, and 20% are articles from peer-reviewed journals such as the Journal of the American Medical Association, New England Journal of Medicine and the Canadian Medical Association Journal. The journal articles and government documents complement each other.

How the Mycoplasma Works

The mycoplasma acts by entering into the individual cells of the body, depending upon your genetic predisposition.

You may develop neurological diseases if the pathogen destroys certain cells in your brain, or you may develop Crohn's colitis if the pathogen invades and destroys cells in the lower bowel.

Once the mycoplasma gets into the cell, it can lie there doing nothing sometimes for 10, 20 or 30 years, but if a trauma occurs like an accident or a vaccination that doesn't take, the mycoplasma can become triggered.

Because it is only the DNA particle of the bacterium, it doesn't have any organelles to process its own nutrients, so it grows by uptaking pre-formed sterols from its host cell and it literally kills the cell; the cell ruptures and what is left gets dumped into the bloodstream.

Creation of the Mycoplasma
A Laboratory-Made Disease Agent

Many doctors don't know about this mycoplasma disease agent because it was developed by the US military in biological warfare experimentation and it was not made public. This pathogen was patented by the United States military and DR Shyh-Ching Lo. I have a copy of the documented patent from the US Patent Office.1

All the countries at war were experimenting with biological weapons. In 1942, the governments of the United States, Canada and Britain entered into a secret agreement to create two types of biological weapons (one that would kill, and one that was disabling) for use in the war against Germany and Japan, who were also developing biological weapons.

While they researched a number of disease pathogens, they primarily focused on the Brucella bacterium and began to weaponize it.

From its inception, the biowarfare program was characterized by continuing in-depth review and participation by the most eminent scientists, medical consultants, industrial experts and government officials, and it was classified Top Secret.

The US Public Health Service also closely followed the progress of biological warfare research and development from the very start of the program, and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States were working with the military in weaponizing these diseases.

These are diseases that have existed for thousands of years, but they have been weaponized -- which means they've been made more contagious and more effective. And they are spreading.

The Special Virus Cancer Program, created by the CIA and NIH to develop a deadly pathogen for which humanity had no natural immunity (AIDS), was disguised as a war on cancer but was actually part of MKNAOMI.2 Many members of the Senate and House of Representatives do not know what has been going on.

For example, the US Senate Committee on Government Reform had searched the archives in Washington and other places for the document titled "The Special Virus Cancer Program: Progress Report No. 8", and couldn't find it. Somehow they heard I had it, called me and asked me to mail it to them. Imagine: a retired schoolteacher being called by the United States Senate and asked for one of their secret documents!

The US Senate, through the Government Reform Committee, is trying to stop this type of government research.

Crystalline Brucella

The title page of a genuine US Senate Study, declassified on February 24, 1977, shows that George Merck, of the pharmaceutical company, Merck Sharp & Dohme (which now makes cures for diseases that at one time it created), reported in 1946 to the US Secretary of War that his researchers had managed "for the first time" to "isolate the disease agent in crystalline form".3

They had produced a crystalline bacterial toxin extracted from the Brucella bacterium. The bacterial toxin could be removed in crystalline form and stored, transported and deployed without deteriorating. It could be delivered by other vectors such as insects, aerosol or the food chain (in nature it is delivered within the bacterium). But the factor that is working in the Brucella is the mycoplasma.

Brucella is a disease agent that doesn't kill people; it disables them. But, according to DR Donald MacArthur of the Pentagon, appearing before a congressional committee in 1969,4 researchers found that if they had mycoplasma at a certain strength -- actually, 10 to the 10th power (1010) -- it would develop into AIDS, and the person would die from it within a reasonable period of time because it could bypass the natural human defenses.

If the strength was 108, the person would manifest with chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia. If it was 107, they would present as wasting; they wouldn't die and they wouldn't be disabled, but they would not be very interested in life; they would waste away.

Most of us have never heard of the disease brucellosis because it largely disappeared when they began pasteurizing milk, which was the carrier. One salt shaker of the pure disease agent in a crystalline form could sicken the entire population of Canada. It is absolutely deadly, not so much in terms of killing the body but disabling it.

Because the crystalline disease agent goes into solution in the blood, ordinary blood and tissue tests will not reveal its presence. The mycoplasma will only crystallize at 8.1 pH, and the blood has a pH of 7.4 pH. So the doctor thinks your complaint is "all in your head".

Crystalline Brucella and Multiple Sclerosis

In 1998 in Rochester, New York, I met a former military man, PFC Donald Bentley, who gave me a document and told me: "I was in the US Army, and I was trained in bacteriological warfare. We were handling a bomb filled with brucellosis, only it wasn't brucellosis; it was a Brucella toxin in crystalline form. We were spraying it on the Chinese and North Koreans."

He showed me his certificate listing his training in chemical, biological and radiological warfare. Then he showed me 16 pages of documents given to him by the US military when he was discharged from the service.

They linked brucellosis with multiple sclerosis, and stated in one section: "Veterans with multiple sclerosis, a kind of creeping paralysis developing to a degree of 10% or more disability within two years after separation from active service, may be presumed to be service-connected for disability compensation. Compensation is payable to eligible veterans whose disabilities are due to service."

In other words: "If you become ill with multiple sclerosis, it is because you were handling this Brucella, we will give you a pension. Don't go raising any fuss about it." In these documents, the government of the United States revealed evidence of the cause of multiple sclerosis, but they didn't make it known to the public -- or to your doctor.

In a 1949 report, Drs Kyger and Haden suggested "the possibility that multiple sclerosis might be a central nervous system manifestation of chronic brucellosis". Testing approximately 113 MS patients, they found that almost 95% also tested positive for Brucella.5

We have a document from a medical journal, which concludes that one out of 500 people who had brucellosis would develop what they call neurobrucellosis; in other words, brucellosis in the brain, where the Brucella settles in the lateral ventricles -- where the disease multiple sclerosis is basically located.6

Contamination of Camp Detrick Lab Workers

A 1948 New England Journal of Medicine report titled "Acute Brucellosis Among Laboratory Workers" shows us how actively dangerous this agent is.7 The laboratory workers were from Camp Detrick, Frederick, Maryland, where they were developing biological weapons.

Even though these workers had been vaccinated, wore rubberized suits and masks and worked through holes in the compartment, many of them came down with this awful disease because it is so absolutely and terrifyingly infectious.

The article was written by Lt Calderone Howell, Marine Corps, Captain Edward Miller, Marine Corps, Lt Emily Kelly, United States Naval Reserve, and Captain Henry Bookman. They were all military personnel engaged in making the disease agent Brucella into a more effective biological weapon.

Covert Testing of Mycoplasma
Testing the Dispersal Methods

Documented evidence proves that the biological weapons they were developing were tested on the public in various communities without their knowledge or consent.

The government knew that crystalline Brucella would cause disease in humans. Now they needed to determine how it would spread and the best way to disperse it. They tested dispersal methods for Brucella suis and Brucella melitensis at Dugway Proving Ground, Utah, in June and September 1952.

Probably, 100% of us now are infected with Brucella suis and Brucella melitensis.8

Another government document recommended the genesis of open-air vulnerability tests and covert research and development programs to be conducted by the Army and supported by the Central Intelligence Agency.

At that time, the Government of Canada was asked by the US Government to cooperate in testing weaponized Brucella, and Canada cooperated fully with the United States. The US Government wanted to determine whether mosquitoes would carry the disease and also if the air would carry it.

A government report stated that "open-air testing of infectious biological agents is considered essential to an ultimate understanding of biological warfare potentialities because of the many unknown factors affecting the degradation of micro-organisms in the atmosphere".9

Testing via Mosquito Vector in Punta Gorda, Florida

A report from The New England Journal of Medicine reveals that one of the first outbreaks of chronic fatigue syndrome was in Punta Gorda, Florida, back in 1957.10 It was a strange coincidence that a week before these people came down with chronic fatigue syndrome, there was a huge influx of mosquitoes.

The National Institutes of Health claimed that the mosquitoes came from a forest fire 30 miles away. The truth is that those mosquitoes were infected in Canada by DR Guilford B. Reed at Queen's University. They were bred in Belleville, Ontario, and taken down to Punta Gorda and released there.

Within a week, the first five cases ever of chronic fatigue syndrome were reported to the local clinic in Punta Gorda. The cases kept coming until finally 450 people were ill with the disease.

Testing via Mosquito Vector in Ontario

The Government of Canada had established the Dominion Parasite Laboratory in Belleville, Ontario, where it raised 100 million mosquitoes a month. These were shipped to Queen's University and certain other facilities to be infected with this crystalline disease agent.

The mosquitoes were then let loose in certain communities in the middle of the night, so that the researchers could determine how many people would become ill with chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia, which was the first disease to show.

One of the communities they tested it on was the St Lawrence Seaway valley, all the way from Kingston to Cornwall, in 1984. They let out hundreds of millions of infected mosquitoes. Over 700 people in the next four or five weeks developed myalgic encephalomyelitis, or chronic fatigue syndrome.

Mycoplasma the Linking Pathogen in Neurosystemic Diseases

Part 2 of 2 (Part 1, References)

by Donald W. Scott, MA, MSc

Brucella Mycoplasma and AIDS

The AIDS pathogen was created out of a Brucella bacterium mutated with a visna virus; then the toxin was removed as a DNA particle called a mycoplasma. They used the same mycoplasma to develop disabling diseases like MS, Crohn's colitis, Lyme disease, etc.

In the previously mentioned US congressional document of a meeting held on June 9, 1969,12 the Pentagon delivered a report to Congress about biological weapons. The Pentagon stated:

"We are continuing to develop disabling weapons."

Dr MacArthur, who was in charge of the research, said:

"We are developing a new lethal weapon, a synthetic biological agent that does not naturally exist, and for which no natural immunity could have been acquired."

Think about it. If you have a deficiency of acquired immunity, you have an acquired immunity deficiency. Plain as that. AIDS.

In laboratories throughout the United States and in a certain number in Canada including at the University of Alberta, the US Government provided the leadership for the development of AIDS for the purpose of population control.

After the scientists had perfected it, the government sent medical teams from the Centers for Disease Control -- under the direction of DR Donald A. Henderson, their investigator into the 1957 chronic fatigue epidemic in Punta Gorda -- during 1969 to 1971 to Africa and some countries such as India, Nepal and Pakistan where they thought the population was becoming too large.13

They gave them all a free vaccination against smallpox; but five years after receiving this vaccination, 60% of those inoculated were suffering from AIDS. They tried to blame it on a monkey, which is nonsense.

A professor at the University of Arkansas made the claim that while studying the tissues of a dead chimpanzee she found traces of HIV. The chimpanzee that she had tested was born in the United States 23 years earlier. It had lived its entire life in a US military laboratory where it was used as an experimental animal in the development of these diseases.

When it died, its body was shipped to a storage place where it was deep-frozen and stored in case they wanted to analyze it later.

Then they decided that they didn't have enough space for it, so they said, "Anybody want this dead chimpanzee?" and this researcher from Arkansas said: "Yes. Send it down to the University of Arkansas. We are happy to get anything that we can get." They shipped it down and she found HIV in it. That virus was acquired by that chimpanzee in the laboratories where it was tested.14

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

Chronic fatigue syndrome is more accurately called myalgic encephalomyelitis. The chronic fatigue syndrome nomenclature was given by the US National Institutes of Health because it wanted to downgrade and belittle the disease.

An MRI scan of the brain of a teenage girl with chronic fatigue syndrome displayed a great many scars or punctate lesions in the left frontal lobe area where portions of the brain had literally dissolved and been replaced by scar tissue. This caused cognitive impairment, memory impairment, etc. And what was the cause of the scarring? The mycoplasma.

So there is very concrete physical evidence of these tragic diseases, even though doctors continue to say they don't know where it comes from or what they can do about it.

Many people with chronic fatigue syndrome, myalgic encephalomyelitis and fibromyalgia who apply to the Canada Pensions Plan Review Tribunal will be turned down because they cannot prove that they are ill.

During 1999 I conducted several appeals to Canada Pensions and the Workers Compensation Board (WCB, now the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board) on behalf of people who have been turned down. I provided documented evidence of these illnesses, and these people were all granted their pensions on the basis of the evidence that I provided.

In March 1999, for example, I appealed to the WCB on behalf of a lady with fibromyalgia who had been denied her pension back in 1993. The vice-chairman of the board came to Sudbury to hear the appeal, and I showed him a number of documents which proved that this lady was physically ill with fibromyalgia. It was a disease that caused physical damage, and the disease agent was a mycoplasma.

The guy listened for three hours, and then he said to me: "Mr Scott, how is it I have never heard of any of this before? I said: "We brought a top authority in this area into Sudbury to speak on this subject and not a single solitary doctor came to that presentation."

Testing For Mycoplasma In Your Body Polymerase Chain Reaction Test

Information is not generally available about this agent because, first of all, the mycoplasma is such a minutely small disease agent. A hundred years ago, certain medical theoreticians conceived that there must be a form of disease agent smaller than bacteria and viruses.

This pathogenic organism, the mycoplasma, is so minute that normal blood and tissue tests will not reveal its presence as the source of the disease.

Your doctor may diagnose you with Alzheimer's disease, and he will say: "Golly, we don't know where Alzheimer's comes from. All we know is that your brain begins to deteriorate, cells rupture, the myelin sheath around the nerves dissolves, and so on." Or if you have chronic fatigue syndrome, the doctor will not be able to find any cause for your illness with ordinary blood and tissue tests.

This mycoplasma couldn't be detected until about 30 years ago when the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test was developed, in which a sample of your blood is examined and damaged particles are removed and subjected to a polymerase chain reaction. This causes the DNA in the particles to break down.

The particles are then placed in a nutrient, which causes the DNA to grow back into its original form. If enough of the substance is produced, the form can be recognized, so it can be determined whether Brucella or another kind of agent is behind that particular mycoplasma.

Blood Test

If you or anybody in your family has myalgic encephalomyelitis, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis or Alzheimer's, you can send a blood sample to Dr Les Simpson in New Zealand for testing.

If you are ill with these diseases, your red blood cells will not be normal doughnut-shaped blood cells capable of being compressed and squeezed through the capillaries, but will swell up like cherry-filled doughnuts which cannot be compressed.

The blood cells become enlarged and distended because the only way the mycoplasma can exist is by uptaking pre-formed sterols from the host cell. One of the best sources of pre-formed sterols is cholesterol, and cholesterol is what gives your blood cells flexibility.

If the cholesterol is taken out by the mycoplasma, the red blood cell swells up and doesn't go through, and the person begins to feel all the aches and pains and all the damage it causes to the brain, the heart, the stomach, the feet and the whole body because blood and oxygen are cut off.

And that is why people with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome have such a terrible time. When the blood is cut off from the brain, punctate lesions appear because those parts of the brain die. The mycoplasma will get into portions of the heart muscle, especially the left ventricle, and those cells will die.

Certain people have cells in the lateral ventricles of the brain that have a genetic predisposition to admit the mycoplasma, and this causes the lateral ventricles to deteriorate and die.

This leads to multiple sclerosis, which will progress until these people are totally disabled; frequently, they die prematurely. The mycoplasma will get into the lower bowel, parts of which will die, thus causing colitis. All of these diseases are caused by the degenerating properties of the mycoplasma.

In early 2000, a gentleman in Sudbury phoned me and told me he had fibromyalgia. He applied for a pension and was turned down because his doctor said it was all in his head and there was no external evidence. I gave him the proper form and a vial, and he sent his blood to DR Simpson to be tested.

He did this with his family doctor's approval, and the results from DR Simpson showed that only 4% of his red blood cells were functioning normally and carrying the appropriate amount of oxygen to his poor body, whereas 83% were distended, enlarged and hardened, and wouldn't go through the capillaries without an awful lot of pressure and trouble. This is the physical evidence of the damage that is done.

ECG Test

You can also ask your doctor to give you a 24-hour Holter ECG. You know, of course, that an electrocardiogram is a measure of your heartbeat and shows what is going on in the right ventricle, the left ventricle and so on. Tests show that 100% of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia have an irregular heartbeat.

At various periods during the 24 hours, the heart, instead of working happily away going "bump-BUMP, bump-BUMP", every now and again goes "buhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuhbuh". The T-wave (the waves are called P, Q, R, S and T) is normally a peak, and then the wave levels off and starts with the P-wave again. In chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia patients, the T-wave flattens off, or actually inverts.

That means the blood in the left ventricle is not being squeezed up through the aorta and around through the body.

My client from Sudbury had this test done and, lo and behold, the results stated: "The shape of T and S-T suggests left ventricle strain pattern, although voltage and so on is normal." The doctor had no clue as to why the T-wave was not working properly.

I analyzed the report of this patient who had been turned down by Canada Pensions and sent it back to them. They wrote back, saying: "It looks like we may have made a mistake. We are going to give you a hearing and you can explain this to us in more detail."

So it is not all in your imagination.

There is actual physical damage to the heart. The left ventricle muscles do show scarring. That is why many people are diagnosed with a heart condition when they first develop fibromyalgia, but it's only one of several problems because the mycoplasma can do all kinds of damage.

Blood Volume Test

You can also ask your doctor for a blood volume test. Every human being requires a certain amount of blood per pound of body weight, and it has been observed that people with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, multiple sclerosis and other illnesses do not have the normal blood volume their body needs to function properly. Doctors aren't normally aware of this.

This test measures the amount of blood in the human body by taking out 5 cc, putting a tracer in it and then putting it back into the body. One hour later, take out 5 cc again and look for the tracer. The thicker the blood and the lower the blood volume, the more tracer you will find.

The analysis of one of my clients stated: "This patient was referred for red cell mass study. The red cell volume is 16.9 ml per kg of body weight. The normal range is 25 to 35 ml per kg. This guy has 36% less blood in his body than the body needs to function." And the doctor hadn't even known the test existed.

If you lost 36% of your blood in an accident, do you think your doctor would tell you that you are alright and should just take up line dancing and get over it? They would rush you to the nearest hospital and start transfusing you with blood. These tragic people with these awful diseases are functioning with anywhere from 7% to 50% less blood than their body needs to function.

Undoing The Damage

The body undoes the damage itself. The scarring in the brain of people with chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia will be repaired. There is cellular repair going on all the time. But the mycoplasma has moved on to the next cell.

In the early stages of a disease, doxycycline may reverse that disease process. It is one of the tetracycline antibiotics, but it is not bactericidal; it is bacteriostatic -- it stops the growth of the mycoplasma. And if the mycoplasma growth can be stopped for long enough, then the immune system takes over.

Doxycycline treatment is discussed in a paper by mycoplasma expert Professor Garth Nicholson, PhD, of the Institute for Molecular Medicine.15 DR Nicholson is involved in a US$8-million mycoplasma research program funded by the US military and headed by DR Charles Engel of the NIH.

The program is studying Gulf War veterans, 450 of them, because there is evidence to suggest that Gulf War syndrome is another illness (or set of illnesses) caused by mycoplasma.

AJ
Member # 12432

And a selection from the following site....A History of Biological Warfare http://www.galenpress.com/extras/extra24.htm

Common Bw Agents: Used, Stockpiled, And Weaponized
Disease: Agent Signs and Symptoms Theoretical Toxicity* Time to onset

Anthrax:Bacillus anthracis Malaise, fatigue, myalgia, fever, non-productive cough (early); followed by severe respiratory distress, chest pain, sweating, swelling, and shock. One gram of spores could kill more than one-third of U.S. population. 50% exposed contract meningitis. Has a mortality rate of 100% (despite appropriate treatment). 1 to 6 days (inhaled)

Botulism:Botulinum Toxin, Type-A; Clostridium botulinum Blurred vision, lid droop, difficulty swallowing and speaking, muscle weakness, respiratory distress, and death. Few tenths of a microgram is lethal. Eight ounces could kill every living creature on the planet. 2 to 4 days (variable)

Brucellosis:Brucella suis, melitensis, abortus, canis (human pathogenic types) Localized inflammatory process, or acute febrile illness or chronic infection. Depression, headache, and irritability frequently occur. Relatively large amounts. 3 days to several weeks

Plague:Yersinia pestis Fever, headache, vomiting, chills plus: Pneumonia with blood-tinged sputum (pneumonic) or painful large skin blisters, altered mentation, abdominal pain (bubonic) or purpura, disseminated intravascular coagulation, abdominal pain, cyanosis/ necrosis of fingers and toes (septicemic). Disease caused by 1 to 10 organisms through the skin, or 100 to 20,000 inhaled. Up to 12% of those infected die from disease. 24 hours (inhaled); 1 to 8 days (skin); 2 to 6 days (septicemic)

Q Fever:Coxiella burnetii No common pattern. One organism. 10 to 40 days
Smallpox:Orthopoxviridae varioloa Malaise, fever, rigors, vomiting, headache, backache, typical skin erruption. ? 12 days (average)

Tularemia:Francisella tularensis Fever, chills, headache, cough, myalgias, and pneumonia. Plus single ulcer and lymphadenopathy (ulceroglandular) or systemic symptoms, more common and severe pneumonia, without local skin lesion or marked lymphadenopathy (typhoidal). 10 to 50 inhaled organisms cause disease. Without treatment, has a mortality rate of 4% (ulceroglandular) to 35% (typhoidal). 3 to 6 days

Typhoid:Salmonella typhosa Chills, fever, cough, nosebleed, weakness, abdominal swelling and tenderness, delirium, and rash. One lb. of culture in drinking water is as toxic as 11 lbs. of botulinum toxin or ten tons of potassium cyanide. 10 to 12 days

*If optimally distributed. Higher doses are generally used in BW weapons, since optimal dispersion generally cannot be achieved.

BW Testing and Dissemination
In the 1950s, the United States continued its BW program, developing multiple delivery methods for BW agents. The most successful of these was the M114 four-pound antipersonnel bomblet, designed to be part of a cluster bomb. It contained 320 milliliters of Brucella suis (the bacteria causing brucellosis). The U.S. military also concentrated on testing anthrax and yellow fever-producing up to 500,000 mosquitos a month to carry the latter agent.
In several large-scale open-air tests near heavily populated areas of the United States, the military used Bacillus globigii, Serratia marcescens, and inert particles to demonstrate that BW agents could be distributed using natural continental air flows, making them potent weapons of mass destruction. They also tested BW agents on human "volunteers," including civilian prisoners. During this period, the Soviet Union was also conducting BW tests and was producing and storing large amounts of BW agents.
By the 1960s, the U.S. military was testing a number of vaccines against BW agents on human "volunteers." (In late 2000, the VA hospital system began testing former military personnel who may have been unknowingly exposed to BW tests.) These vaccines included immunizations against Venezuelan equine encephalomyelitis, tularemia, anthrax, botulinum toxin, Rift Valley Fever, Q fever, Eastern equine encephalomyelitis, and Western equine encephalomyelitis.
They had also developed the SD-2 Drone, a 300-knot, remote-controlled, recoverable aircraft, with a 100 nautical mile range, that could hold more than 200 pounds of biological agent. They then developed the SD-5, which sped along at Mach 0.75, had a 650 nautical mile range, and sprayed its 1,260 pounds of BW agent through a tail nozzle. The U.S. Military also developed and mass-produced several BW bombs. In additional large-scale tests on unsuspecting civilians, they disseminated Bacillus globigii, supposedly a noninfectious agent with properties similar to anthrax, at various public sites, including Washington, DC's National Airport and Greyhound Bus Terminal and New York City's subway system.

Katydid
Member # 1128

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Katydid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi AJ,

Here's one website that has great articles and links about mycoplasma, stealth pathogens, and some of the articles mention brucella.
http://www.immed.org/index.htm

I've repeatedly read that a military researcher has a patent on a strain of mycoplasma but I can't locate that information now.

Katydid
Member # 1128

Here's a link to the Donald Scott article with the references included just in case you want to do some research.
http://www.whale.to/m/scott7.html (Link to Donald Scott article with references)

AJ
Member # 12432

Thanks Katydid,
I had seen these and many others. The amount of secret biological testing that's been done on the US population is disgusting. There are many sites showing the now declassified information.

I did recently see the name of the guy you're talking about but I can't remember it either. It's okay though we have a good excuse!
XO, AJ

------------------
__TarCat

nan
Member # 63

Icon 2 posted      Profile for nan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you perform a search on medical questions for brucellosis, you'll find past discussions on this topic.

Miguel, a veterinarian from Spain posted that he thought (as do others) that brucella can be transmitted by ticks.

Very interesting topic! TXLM will come up with something when she finishes her research, I'm sure of it!

Posts: 2135 | From Tick Country | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great news, AJ! SOOO glad to hear that you are feeling better! Are you off those particular meds now?? Are you going back to work soon?? I'm SO happy for you!

AJ, either yours or one of TXLM's URL's is causing this thread to have WIDE OPEN SPACES! I did find out a tricky way to read it with NARROW spaces!

I went to post a reply, then when scrolling down thru the other posts, I realized I could read the thread easily! Otherwise, I was going to complain that I couldn't read this!

Lymies rule!!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so I'm losing my mind! The thread is back to "normal"...unlike ME!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AJ
Member # 12432

Icon 12 posted      Profile for AJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo,
I didn't realize you had any mind left to lose! heeheehee

Nan,
Brucella is definitly able to be carried by ticks. I have read medical abstracts about it. I'll try to dig some up later for ya'll.
Xo, AJ

------------------
__TarCat

Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe there are frequencies on the consolidated list for those who know what I am talking about.
Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosesisland2000
Member # 2001

Icon 10 posted      Profile for rosesisland2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP, up, up...

*****THIS IS AN OLD POST*****

But, worthy of bring up.

Posts: 6191 | From Arkansas | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yankee in black
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4309

Icon 12 posted      Profile for yankee in black     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DAMM, ALWAYS GET TO THE GOOD POSTS TOO LATE!!!

HI ALL,

Katydid---the doctor who patented the bio-weapon mycoplasmas--Dr.Lo--hope he was messy in the lab and now suffers from his own home-made malady

I have made great strides in my treatment since I have started treatment for mycoplasmas and brucellosis---I feel like I have just been *spinning my wheels in the sand* prior to having the doc test me for all such co-infections

Yes--I had to ask him and he's LLMD--but was totally *fascinated by results*, said he did test most patients when this information became main-stream knowledge in the lyme world---and did not have any positive test results--I was a supposed 1st

I think it may have been the labs---my tests where done thru Labcorp---but sent to Nicolson's lab in Huntington Beach, Calf.

I really feel B.B is just the *TIP* of the "INFECTIOUS DISEASE CASCADE" that makes up this chronic illness

AND----- there are other pathogens infecting some of us, that they don't even have a *titer* for. AND----alot of the pathogens present with the same syptomology----but require different and unique interventions

Not to *make a funny*, as I have about *had it* with all this B.B fighting I've had to do the last 5yrs.(war of the worlds, here) but this disease is starting to look more and more complicated---shall we say---looks like I might as well *Sit back and kick'em up*, as I might be spending much more *Time with Lyme*

Posts: 468 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find this very interesting.
It's been about 18 months since I discovered Don Scott and the Brucellosis theories.

At the time of this discovery, I went to a Progressive Homeopathy practitioner in the UK who then diagnosed me through using electronic acupuncture with brucellosis abortus bang, mycoplasma fermentans, tb, chickenpox in lungs, latent measles, rubella and a range of stuff.

I went through 15 months treatment with them. The treatment was nosodes - a kind of electrically/frequency charged drop/solution which was supposed to clear these infections. Unfortunatrely, 15 months later when I was given the all clear - i.e. no more infections found, I still felt as ill as when I started. They said it was beccause it would take several mnths for the immune system to recover and settle. I am still waiting. I lost faith in the treatment, longe before my all clear, and seriously doubted my brucellosis diagnosis by then. ($$$$ later).

I was told to avoid all dairy like the plague, undercooked meats also. But, other than that they had no dietary advice.

They claimed it's mostly biowarfare through food (i.e. governments allow substandard pasteurization procedures, etc) and also spray populations with germs of all kinds to disable and kill the weak ones (us).

Perhaps this is the case, I don't know what to think anymore. But, at the time it made me so paranoid - I just couldn't live like that. I want to enjoy my life as much as I can not be watching over my shoulder all the time for big brothers who's out to get me.

Vaccinations was another route they said you get brucellosis and myco from (maybe it's true).

The trouble is, I guess, symptoms of Brucella are same as symptoms for Borrelia and many other infections.

I am going to take it up again though when I finally get to see an LLMD, hopefully early 2004.

dll

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beverly
Member # 1271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beverly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up.
Posts: 6638 | From Michigan | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krazykt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for krazykt1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow,this is scary, but oh so accurately describes all my sx over the years, right down to the walking difficulties,8th cranial nerve and balance problems etc. etc

The tx for brucella is rifampicin, doxy and something else.I'm currently on minocycline, rafampicin and supposed to add flagyl. Wonder if this will cover it? Anyone?

Posts: 740 | From BC Canada | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krazykt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for krazykt1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AJ, tried to email you , returned undeliverable. kt
Posts: 740 | From BC Canada | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dal123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dal123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These four pathogens - mycoplasma, brucella, Lenti ( sheep brain wasting disease ), BSE I / II all have nearly identical bioenergetic frequencies so it's important to keep this in mind and do freqency matching / frequency reacting to rule out the bioenergetic presense of one or the other. Sometimes ALL four will come up in the Lyme pt.
Posts: 532 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krazykt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3739

pr, thanks for the response. Wouldn't it be great if a pt. could rely on the Dr.s to figure this stuff out. I just want to stay in bed! lol The tests are so unreliable here it's dissapointing to say the least.
ponytail
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ponytail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone been tested for this lately? I have suspected this since 1985 but, can never get anyone to do the test. My LLMD may have but, I can't remember and now he's gone.

I have taken the Rifampin several times for other stuff (Staph and Bartonella) so, maybe if it was here - it's gone!!

Just wondering if there was any new news in the Brucellosis arena!

Thanks for bringing this up!

Sherry

------------------

Posts: 704 | From Huntsville, Texas | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krazykt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3739

prshaw,think I have an idea about what pathogen, but will the doxy, rifampicin, streptamycin handle all forms of brucella.Are you talking about frequencies that the abx create or something else? thanks kt
krazykt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3739

There's so little talk about people with this. I too would have had this since 84/85,maybe there's something environmental about that time? up for more input?
Hermsi
Member # 286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hermsi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi krazykt1, you may have not been too far off the mark with your preceding post.

Thanks to AJ, persons who added to this thread and a problem with cattle on our lawn, I may be able to add to your post. While researching my problem I found that the local rancher's herd was quarantined in 1976 for Brucellosis. I have spent almost twenty years trying to find why snowshoe hares populations became severely impacted in the area where I and others became ill. Here may be a reason but I cannot find if Brucella abortus is known to be tick-borne. Wonder if any others have found studies that show this?

Here is a little more information:- BC Lyme info.

Ron

Posts: 44 | From Canada,B.C. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1981Z28
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1981Z28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assuming all of this is correct (which I believe it to be) and there are all these people out there who are not only aware of this but have brought it out in the open, how can it be that "denial" is still winning?

Posts: 302 | From Kamloops, B.C., Canada | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krazykt1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3739

Makes you wonder! Maybe it's not so much denial as it is ignorance. After 7 or 8 yrs of "med school" (pharmaceudial school) most md's are focussed on making $ and paying of their loans?

Thanks for the links/input Ron and all. kt

Hermsi
Member # 286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hermsi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to AJ for starting this most interesting thread.

Due to my symptoms and a local outbreak of Brucellosis I have decided to try to start local research to explore the possibility of Brucellosis as a co-infection of Lyme.

Are there any readers that lived in or near Lyme Conn. in the 60's? Were there any outbreaks of Brucellosis at about that time?

In the immediate area of the local outbreak the small mammals (snowshoe hare, chipmunk and pack rat) populations have become severely impacted.

I am curious to know if anything similar was noticed in or near to Lyme Conn. prior to 1975.

Thanks,

Ron

Posts: 44 | From Canada,B.C. | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Ron....How are you doing? Did you kick the brucellosis?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Hermsi
Member # 286

I am doing well, thank you.

I turned 59 last month and every month or two I find myself doing something that I had difficulty doing for twenty years. The disease attacked my joints, among other things.

Ron

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement