LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » ceftin any good?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ceftin any good?
kissis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kissis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just took my first pill of ceftin,I tried looking it up but found nothing.Does anyone have any story's ,good or bad about it? Terri
Posts: 203 | From tipp city oh.45371 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graneet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for graneet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Terri,
This is terry LOL im on cefin starting tomarrow hope this goes well im also interested to see how people have done on it.
graneet

Posts: 655 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mvilas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mvilas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just bumping this up as I'm curious too....I just started Ceftin Thursday. Switched from amoxicillin because symptoms started coming back . Don't know if it's a herx or I just hit a wall and started going backwards. I'm only on 500mg twice a day...
Posts: 144 | From Marysville, Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmcbrayer
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmcbrayer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's good at giving me a stomach ache, and at only 250mg, twice a day.

DMC

Posts: 221 | From fort smith, arkansas, usa | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nannie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nannie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are youm on Ceftin, the brand name, or the generic form, cefuroxime axetil?

I am taking the generic form, cefuroxime, and I am taking the Apotex brand of cefuroxime after having a bad reaction to the Ranbaxy brand of cefuroxime. Apotex is manufactured in Canada (3 out of 4 generic manufacturers use bioactive ingredient that is produced in India by two different companies). The Apotex brand works much better in my case. I also have the pharmacy fill the prescription in the manufacturers packaging so that I know the correct product expiration date. Apotex brand has a one year shelf life (not long) from first day of manufacture to expiration, and it takes between two to three months to get the drug from Canada into the drug wholesale system.
Anne

Posts: 183 | From US | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graneet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for graneet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
took my second pill of ceftin got a bit of a headache at first it seems to be going away some.

Im trying to decide if i have a cold or if this med is breaking something i was unaware of up. My bronical tubes feel flemmy.

Did any of you have that? Maybe i do have a cold but it just started that with the meds.

So far though so good. Time will tell i guess.

OH i do notice it is bitter ugh just putting it in my mouth i have to eat something quickly.

Graneet

Posts: 655 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judith16
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judith16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I was dx in July 2002 and started on Ceftin 1500mg/day along with Biaxin 1000mg/day. I got worse before I got better. It took 4 months before I saw any improvement. The improvement was small but kept me going.

Within 2 more months there as no question I was getting better. In September 2003 the Ceftin was increased to 2000mg a day. I was taken off Biaxin for 3 months and Flagyl was added. Then after the Flagyl, Zithromax.

I would say right now I am 80-90% better. Last month I started to get a few symptoms back so my LLMD cut the Ceftin down to 1000mg/day and added Augmentin XR 1000mg/ day with the Zithromax. The symptoms have all but dissappeared.

For me Ceftin has been an excellent drug.

Judith

Posts: 131 | From Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green Darkness
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green Darkness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been taking 1,000 mg of the Apotex brand of Cefuroxime along with 1,000 mg of Biaxin, and 1,000 mg of Trimox. I have done this since Feb. When I get off the Cefuroxime(I think this is when it seems to happen) then get back on it, I get my worst herxes. So it must do something.
Hope this helps.

Posts: 560 | From PA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kissis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kissis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After I took my first pill soon after I felt like a mac truk hit me,that feeling lasted a few hours,but a few days later Im not really noticeing any ill effects.My Doctor had me go off flagel to start this though and my ear noise is back with a vengance and my mucels feel markable weaker.After reading Judith's post it looks like flagle and ceftin can be combined?If so I would like to get back on the flagle.So if you happen to see this Judith can u please give me the specifics of your dosing.
Posts: 203 | From tipp city oh.45371 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chocolat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chocolat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ceftin in the past and as of yesterday-Ceftin again with Zithro.

This combo has been super for me--start perking up-up-up within 2 days of starting it.

Not much herxing either time tho'--I wonder about that--no side effects--loving that--

Would like to add a pinch of Flagle to it--working up--but guess will have to check with LLMD--

Just got out of hospital--sort of a screw up on abx. change--not MD's fault--more mine . ok now but taught me to be more aware and informed by the *right* people.

Good luck with the Ceftin--a winner for me.

Choc.

Posts: 291 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kissis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4165

To chocolate,Im to start zithromax next week,just wondering how much of it are you taking with the ceftin? Terri
Judith16
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judith16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

My dose of Zithromax is 500mg/day with the Ceftin and now Augmentin.

When I first started the Flagyl I herxed within 24 hours and within 4 days I had to call my LLMD and stop the Flagyl. He then had me wean up on the drug.

I started with 125mg once a day for a week and then slowly added 125mg over a 3 week period until I got to 750mg/day.

I had very little herxing then. That drug pushed me from 60% better to 80% better. I LOVE Flagyl. I continued the Ceftin at 2000mg/day while I was on the Flagyl.

I remained on Flagyl for 2 months and then Zithromax took its placed. I will be startng Flagyl again in a couple of weeks.

Judith

Posts: 131 | From Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chocolat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chocolat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kissis-

I am on 600 mg. of Zithromax.

When left the hospital my PC said that my LLMD hadn't told her how much to rx. (mg's ).

I told her I usually take 600mgs. She said impossible because it didn't come in 600mgs. Well-it must because I have had it refilled 3x since Oct. of 03 and it was written for 600mgs. and the script lable says 600. Go figure.

She wrote out script for 500 mgs. Guess there is not that much difference but 500mgs. sounds very ok.

Love that drug.

Really want to add in some Flagle but it is rough for me--would herx. on 1/4 of pill. But when I got to 250mgs. was doing ok.

Thats as far as I got--changed to go on a trip with LLMD's permission--so wouldn't herx or risk it while gone.

Long story but thats when I got into big trouble--not only ruined the trip but ended up in hospital upon return-

Think it was because the pharmacist told me to wait 3 days before going on next one--all the keets by then were running around from cysts being busted and I crashed like never before. Scary as hell.

I'm rambling--all you asked was a simple question. Sorry.

Choc.

Posts: 291 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes
Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on generic Ceftin since April of 2004, 500 mg a day, in conjunction with 1000mg a day of Biaxin. I was mis-dosing and only taking 250mg, but noticed a herx even though it was 1/2 the prescribed dose.
Posts: 1757 | From Somerset County, NJ | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lifewithlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lifewithlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVED ceftin/biaxin..worked wonders. I'm doing mepron/zith right now; I'm going to try bicillin but if it doesn't work, i'm going back to ceftin/biaxin. It was a great combo for me.
Posts: 588 | From Wallingford, CT USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graneet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3112

kisses
what type of herx are you having with your ceftin?

I feel like i have a cold scratchy throat feeling of flem in throat. Headache and joints hurt some. Of coarse the usual Fatigue nothing touches that ever.

UPDATE; Today is the third day and a little while ago it hit me like a lead balloon. No strength at all. Tried to put groceries up and couldnt. Took a shower and i was so weak i didnt know if i would make it. So guess what they say if you treat the babs the lyme is easy to get to.

Graneet

[This message has been edited by graneet (edited 02 August 2004).]

WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 6 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took 3000 mg Ceftin per day and 2000 mg Biaxin together and it make a huge difference! the doses have to be high, 250 mg is like eating a tic tac.

------------------
Lyme Disease Help
http://www.wildcondor.com

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
caveman
Member # 35894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for caveman         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is my experience with "Ceftin." I was on 300 mg Doxycycline and 1000 mg Biaxin per day for about 5 months. Arthritic pains had abated but the brain fog, memory, vision and balance problems had returned. So 500 mg of Cefuroxime axetil was added. I had a 2 week prescription of the generic made by Watson, a discustingly bitter, soft white pill. I saw no improvements. Two weeks later when I tried to fill my rx., my Walmart pharmacy didn't have the drug, so they sent me to the CVS pharmancy, and they supplied the blue pills made by Ranbaxy. I had immediate improvement. When the following two weeks were almost up, I went to my regular Walmart pharmacy and asked them to get the Ranbaxy brand, because they were so much easier to take than the Watson pills. I had assumed it had just taken two weeks for the medicine to kick in before seeing any results when I took the Watson pills originally. (The reason I only had a 2 wk. rx. is that my LLMD had attepted to have me take flagil for 2 wks. and then "ceftin" for 2 weeks. However, the flagil caused my legs to tingle, ache, and go numb in less than 2 days. I was told to stop the abx. and it was several days before the neuropathy cleared up. Thank goodness! I've heard this can sometimes lead to permanent damage.)

As it turns out, Walmart filled my rx. again with the Watson brand. I didn't discover this until I got home, and after the pharmacy had closed. So I took one Watson pill that evening and the next morning I had stiff arthritic fingers on my left hand, in less than 12 hrs. after switching brands. The following morning my right hand was arthritic, and this is something that I had not had for several months. I returned to the pharmacy, got the rx. changed to the Ranbaxy brand and my arthritic pains cleared up right away. So my conclusion is that not all generic brands are equal. This was indicated earlier in a post by nannie. Makes one wonder how much better the original Ceftin might be compared to the generics.

So things went well once I was on the Ranbaxy brand of Ceftin, for about 6 weeks, then the floaters, memory problems started returning. After a month of this my doxycycline was increased to 400 mg and within 2 weeks things were the best they had been, really normal again. Six weeks later, the neurosymptons started back again. The doxyc. was upped to 500 mg with no impovements. Now at 600 mg, I believe things are getting back to normal again. It never occurred to me before seeing the dosages some of you are reporting that upping the "Ceftin" instead might be worth considering.

Posts: 10 | From Maryland | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liz28
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took ceftin with doxy the first two years I had Lyme--it's now been four. The ceftin helped control the neuro symptoms, and held the Lyme back from becoming full-fledged meningitis.

However, the Lyme became resistant to it fairly quickly. For me, omnicef was a far more effective substitute.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chocolat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5138

Treepatrol--

I assume the *yes* was directed to me ? Rambling ?

"scuse me--

Whoa ! Wish we were all perfect.

Choc.

treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The answer was directed too kissis. Her question was Posted(ceftin any good?)I said yes. Sorry chocolat

[This message has been edited by treepatrol (edited 03 August 2004).]

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chocolat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5138

Treepatrol--

Funny that happened that way--

So sorry. Hope you can understand why I thought that.

LOL and thanks for your explanation.

Choc.

treepatrol
Member # 4117

quote:
Originally posted by Chocolat:
Treepatrol--

Funny that happened that way--

So sorry. Hope you can understand why I thought that.

LOL and thanks for your explanation.

Choc.

Yepper glad it wasnt a pistol you pulled hahahaha

DiffyQue
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3317

Icon 14 posted      Profile for DiffyQue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I've had excellent results with ceftin. However, I don't think that its an intracellular abx---an abx having the property of getting into cells-- and which is also needed in lyme, and other TBDs.

I'd go with it.
dq

Posts: 1172 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kissis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4165

Well I just added 250mg zithromax to the 1000mg of ceftin a day,and from reading all these post my dose's are very concervative,I would like to take more but I just cant aford the persciption co pays.To graneet,I dont think i've noticed any real herxing per say other than for the past 2 days i've had diearea.Terri
graneet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3112

kisses,
Yesterday was my third day and i felt horrible. Also had a bathroom problem but not sever as diarea. But i didnt take my Evening pill or this am pill because dr c said if i herxed bad to back off so i did. Which is so new for me.

I was use to going full force with meds. Today i felt like i had lingering symptoms. Mostly muscle weakness and shoulder pain, stiffness.

Took one tonight so i will see how tommarrow goes. Felt like a truck run me over yesterday. Oh joy i had forgot how bad lyme herxes go.

Graneet

kissis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4165

Well today im feeling much like yourself Graneet,I added one zitromax to ceftin yesturday and took another today,Im feeling so weak and very acky.And my intentins still arnt up to par,Think I'll take your lead and lay off meds for a few days.I keep telling myself, but this herxing is a good thing right?
mvilas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mvilas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have either of you been experiencing nausea with the Ceftin? Ever since I've been taking it I've been extremely nauseous. I'm not seeing any improvement, just feeling worse. I hope I'm herxing, but I have no idea! I felt bad when I switched from the Amoxy to Ceftin, but now I'm feeling worse and VERY fatigued! Hope you see some results soon.

Michelle

Posts: 144 | From Marysville, Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graneet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3112

I didnt take my evening dose the day before yesterday and i only took the evening pill last night. Im herxing but so far today after both doses im not doing real bad so will continue until i get bad again.

I think i like this much better. I still take at least one pill a day so it keeps it in my but still helps the herxes to not be so bad.

Kisses i toughed out the sever herxes with the other proticals i was on with other docs but just learning and trying this one with Dr.C.
I must admitt its easyer i do get nervous i will get immune to the meds but Dr C is a really good doc and his patients have had good results so i trust his way.

mtv(sorry trying to do this by rememberance)
I have mild nausea from time to time but nothing serious. Is ceftin all your taking?
Right now all im on is ceftin while i have my ten day break from babesia treatment.

I notice these symptoms with my herx from ceftin, Joint pain, headache, major fatigue, Muscle weakness, Mild dizzyness. neck and back pain,tiny bit of nausea.

Graneet

mvilas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3854

Graneet,

Yes, I'm only taking Ceftin...I guess the LLMD doesn't want me to take anything else since I'm preggo. I am going to ask him if I can add zithro. I see him in 2 weeks and I will be in my last month of pregnancy.

All I can say is that I'm getting worse. I thought I felt bad before and that's why I wanted to switch meds, but now I'm wondering what's going on. My head is absolutley SPLITTING. I am prone to headaches, have been my entire life, but after taking 4 tylenol since 6am and laying with ice packs, no relief. I just feel toxic. Hope this is a herx and I just get better soon. How long do your herxes normally last? I think I've only herxed one time and it only lasted a few days and wasn't like this.

You're from OH, right?

Michelle

greg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1250

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ran 2x500 ceftin w 600mg of doxy and it did pretty good. Have to say though it trashed my gut bad. went back to just doxy and held steady with that. i think i am one of the few who did well on doxy alone...greg
Posts: 740 | From frederick,md,usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kissis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4165

Im not feeling nausea with ceftin MVILLA, but I had a bad case of diarea.It seems to be clearing up today though.

Graneet ,I believe you and I have the same LLMD I see Dr.C in miss. too.I need to try and find a ride to go see him in a few monthes.

Hoping the turn around time is quick with this ceftin,because im definitly feeling weaker and worse on it.Terri

graneet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3112

Hey mv yes i am from ohio, Im near cambridge ohio now did live near Kisses in sidney ohio. We pastor so i have been in several areas of ohio over the last 17 years.

I would stick to your docs orders and if your headaches are to bad please call him. With you being preg its best.

This is my new doc and he dont want me to herx says it causes more damage than good to take our time. After the other times of meds i agree. Now i stayed sick constantly. I had a bad herx when i first took meds but other than that stayed sick all the time.

Some people go for two weeks then off until the next month. I did begin noticing my herxs were worse at the first of the month.
With hormones yours could be worse right now to. Because a lot of the women notice its worse for them aroung that time of the month.
One of the reasons i changed doctors felt other things were going on.

Now with this cefin i seem to be real weak muscled today tried cooking tonight and i have to sit down rest my back and neck. If i wait to long i get real sick to my stomach. Headache is minimal. Do have feeling i have a cold tho.

Kisses yes we do have the same doc in mo.
I really like him.I dont go back tho until July of next year. I just got back.

I am feeling crummy but still not as sever herx like the day i backed off. This is so new to me Im not sure if im not ever suppose to feel bad at all or just keep it at a minimal. I was gonna post and ask some of the other patients of dr c. But couldnt get it to work the other day.

I dont have but i couple of more days on ceftin then i go back on cyindimicyn and quinine for ten days.

Graneet

[This message has been edited by graneet (edited 05 August 2004).]

mvilas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3854

Graneet,

My mom actually grew up in Cambridge.....I don't know much about the area though.

I think I'm giving the Ceftin up. I don't know what else to do. The only reason I asked to switch is because of the sudden flare in symptoms while on the Amoxicillin, now I'm even worse.

I've dealt with head pain my entire life. Had the worst headpain known to man before I was diagnosed and the headaches I've been dealing with for the last week are near the top of the list. I was up since 4 am with a splitting headache in my right forehead area. Felt like my brain was going to explode & it's still hurting. Took 2 fioricet - which I don't like to take, but OB said it was okay, tylenol, ice packs, warm baths, tiger balm...nothing is working.

I posted on my symptoms several days ago really hoping to get some input, but only had one response so I guess no one has any insight for me as to whether this is an evil herx or I'm just doomed and getting worse. This is the worst I've been so far. I'm at the end of my rope !

I don't know which is worse...to continue the Ceftin and be miserable or discontinue it and be miserable. Either way I'm screwed! If I weren't pregnant I'd probably just tough it out and see what happens but I just don't feel like I can afford to do that at this point. I wish this were a herx, but it doesn't fit the time frame as it started 4 months into taking Amoxy, I have no fever and it's lasted for about 2 weeks with no signs of letting up. I haven't had enough experience with herxing that I'd know anyways.

Did I read that right about Dr. C? You only have to see him once a year? I believe you and I used to have the same LLMD and I have to see him every month! I'd love to only have to make a trip once a year.

Sorry for rambling.....I sure do hope that you all have better luck with the Ceftin that I have....maybe I haven't given it enough time, I just don't know what else to do!

Michelle

graneet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3112

Michele,
If i was you i would back off if its making you that sick try lowering your dose with docs approval of coarse im no doc.

I like doc c. Neither doc treated the babesia and Doc C. Is and for the first time in over a year or possibly two i actually can say i have felt improvment. Now its not like i can say oh my joint quit hurting but im aware of it.

I also had to go every month which gets very old and hard when your so sick. Just be very carefull with you being pregnant. Dont try to be a super woman. Just remember when your herxing your putting more poison in your system. Slow is better than going at it fast.

You mentions how bad herxes can be they vary for each person. Some herx sever only for a few days to two weeks then it gets easyer. Others herx bad at first and feel crummy the rest of the time. ( i think now its toxin build up, maybe not enough water and also proper elmination) I notice since im drinking cool-aid with splenda and also taking vit C seems its better. Plus i back off of my meds according to docs orders.

Herxes also effect people different by one thing the type of meds there taking. I noticed when i took flagle i had a lot of headaches probably because it hit the lyme in my brain. Now when i took my babesia treatment i notice a headache.

Seems Cefin hits my joints and lower back something awefull. I only have one more day then i go back on my babesia protical.

Many people are very happy with the docs up there but I felt more was going on and this doc really knows his business. He hasnt promised me i would get well but is gonna try to make me feel better.

Also dont always asume your herxing and thats whats causing your headache. Let your Ob know about them too as well as your lyme Doc.

I like lyme net and there are wonderfull Knowledgeable people but I believe you must keep incontact when going threw rough times with your doctors.

If your prone to migranes before it may just be agravating it but they will know more for sure.

Amoxi did nothing for me. But cefin seems to be helping.

Graneet

mvilas
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3854

Well, I don't know if it was a side effect of the abx or a herx or what, but 2 full days off the Ceftin and the severe headaches are gone.....all my other symptoms are still flaring though. I have heard great things about Ceftin, I was just hoping it would be the one for me, at least while I'm pregnant!
millymollymandy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7703

Icon 1 posted      Profile for millymollymandy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm hoping to ask my doc to prescribe ceftin and I was just looking through these posts. There is quite a big difference in the quantities that people are being prescribed. I will be taking it on it's own- would 500 mg twice a day be sufficient? I am a small person- 8 stone (last time I looked!)
Posts: 229 | From United Kingdom | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been on 500mg generic cefuroxine Axetil twice a day for 6 weeks now. I also take 100mg of Diflican every day. I seem to herx worse from the Diflican. I was on 400mg Doxy for 5 weeks first, and thought I was going to die.
I haven't noticed much difference yet except my head seems clearer.

Kathy

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement