LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » SHE'S STILL BETTER -- ozone therapy update

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SHE'S STILL BETTER -- ozone therapy update
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Icon 14 posted      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Backstory: Daughter, now 15, bit over 2 years ago, life in ruins, unable to go to school, untouchable headache, did much abx, facing IV until: being introduced to steam ozone therapy, which we started on July 11th. Two weeks later she was back on her feet and had her life back. Now back in school, doing great, life back on track.

Every Sunday night we do an Inventory of Symptoms with her: all historical (and new, if any) symptoms, noting intensity and duration. It's been very helpful to see which direction the trend is going.

Since doing steam ozone therapy, the syx have diminished more every week. She's fully functional now, off diamox and ALL abx. Frankly, it is such a dramatic miracle that we keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and for the gains to stop, but they haven't.

This last week there was a significant breakthrough: her period snuck up on her and started with NO premenstrual nastiness whatsoever!

The ramp-up to her menses commencing has, up until this round, been awful and close to debilitating: bloating, bad skin breakouts, cramping, sluggishness, emotional ups and downs, the works.

This week her period came a few days early (it's been being late), with NO premenstrual symptoms of any sort. NONE. It was just there. It totally took her (and us) by surprise.

She steams 15 minutes a day. We had to dictate that she had to do it in the beginning, but after it put her back on her feet (and she knew that the ozone is what did it), we have not had to make her do it. She voluntarily does it on her own every night before going to bed as part of her routine.

I'm a Lymie too, and started it when she did. Got me off abx entirely and fully functional.

I do not represent this to be a "cure", as we both have some symptoms still, but getting oxygen into the bloodstream through skin transmission seems to be a mighty powerful way to drive Boris and Myrtle (as Thomas Parkman calls them) into early retirement or untimely death.

orion

Posts: 245 | From Tickafornia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I am glad to read your daughter has had such a dramatic improvement.

Can you possibly tell me where one can get the equipment needed (name of, etc so I can call around possibly in the future to check if I can obtain these things) for this and a ballpark cost?

I hope the improvement is permanent, or that it can be maintained with the same routine over time.

DLL

Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymiecanuck
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear she is still doing well. You too.

Thanks for posting it. It is nice to hear the updates of things that are working, to know longer term results.

I bought a steam package from an O2 bar. I have only used one so far. I had planned to go many days in a row, but it is far from me. I got R tremor while in it, and then did oxygen after. I am hoping to go again soon, and do more in a row, to see how I feel. Especially good right now as I have a cold, bad one.

Please updating us, this is great.

Lymiecanuck

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gabrielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabrielle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orion,

is it possible that I herx from Ozone Sauna?

I did it yesterday evening for the first time and today feel very herxy.

It could also be the Zithro that I'm on, though but it seems stronger than usual.

Gabrielle

Posts: 767 | From Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to have a herx. Neither my daughter or I did. But I don't believe that you HAVE to have herxes as a demonstration of getting better, so if it's uncomfortable, I'd lessen the time you steam till you get it right for you, then increase the time gradually.

Posts: 245 | From Tickafornia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People have emailed me asking for more information on steam ozone therapy. Below is some basic information. I am happy to talk to anyone about it, and you are free to call me at 818-790-7418 (pacific time). But what follows below will give you an introduction...

Ozone is unstable oxygen, O3. It's more therapeutic than O2, if you can get it. But you don't want to breathe it as it damages lung tissue, and that's why it's a problem in air quality. But you can take it in through your skin.

Michael the rocket scientist (who told me about this) had me get 3 pieces of equipment: a steam sauna tent, an oxygen concentrator, and an ozone generator.

All of these items are available on ebay or elsewhere, new or used, and you can get all three of them for around $600, depending. For what this does for you, it is NOTHING in terms of cost.

You set it up this way: the steam sauna tent (go to ebay and put "steam sauna" in as your search parameter to see some choices) is a modern canvas version of the old hard-shell steam cabinets where your neck and head stick out.

You zip yourself in and the steampot on the outside pumps steam in, and you cook. This on it's own is good-- hypothermia kills bugs.

I have ours outside our bedroom on a porch, and we get a breeze sometimes (or I point an electric fan in the direction of the steamer's head).

Then, in the bedroom, the oxygen contentrator lives with the ozone generator (which is smaller) sitting on top of it. The output of the oxygen concentrator (which is pure oxygen) is fed through a plastic tube into the ozone generator. Now the ozone generator is making it's ozone not from ambient air, but from pure oxygen. The little machine that would have made poor quality O3 from ambient air is now producing high quality ozone.

With another plastic hose, you feed the pure ozone from the ozone maker into the tent (we just cut a tiny slit in the tent but you could just drop it down the neckhole).

Now you have something really powerful.

You steam, heat up the body, sweat and release toxins and waste, and your open pores suck in the O3. Remember, you are not breathing it. You stuff a towel around the neck opening as a seal. We do it 15 minutes a day.

Now, is this a cure??? Maybe, maybe not.

What Michael thinks is that once infected, unless you get on the abx right away and really whack it, you may not ever fully get rid of it. However, he thinks that you can drive it into its cystic state, and live life just fine. And when it does come out of it's cystic state, and finds itself in a hostile environment (an oxygenated and alkaline body), it cannot survive. Frankly, I'll take it.

Bev

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is so wonderful! Thanks for the update! Very exciting stuff!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are several things that INactivate PFK...an enzyme that Bb is dependent on.

You found one. ;-)

PMS is most def. a Mg deficiency symptom. Do a search with those words (PMS magnesium deficiency) to see for yourself.

Once the infection is down/eliminated, the body can begin to rebalance.

Success stories are sooooooooo good to hear!

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Thanks Marnie.

I take Mg Malate (per your instructions some time ago) +B6.

"Rebalance" is the word I was searching for. That's what I feel is happening with my daughter.

orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Icon 10 posted      Profile for orion   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK -- It's October 14th. I just got a call from my husband who just talked to our daughter at school. He said she sounded really good, so he asked her how her headache was and she said it was a ONE or a TWO!

Since August of 2002 she's had a headache, mostly in the 7-8-9 range. Nothing touched it. We've tried every migraine and pain med known to womankind.

It started to come down with the ozone therapy.

This is a miracle for my family. My husband and I cried on the phone with each other, and here I am in a broadcast control room!

orion

bobdavis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobdavis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use a "Doug coil" device for migraines and arhtritis symptoms. It does wonders for migraines, it takes multiple treatments for some arthritis.

However I came up with a new device by accident that I think might be a "Direct blood ozonator". I was playing with a argon tube "Rife" device and liked to put my hand on the tube and watch the purple argon dance around in circles and then go to my hand.

Then I thought about connecting the high voltage to a copper plate and covering it with glass. That way it would hit all of my hand. Then I put my hand on the glass. I quickly learned to stand on 1/2 inch plexiglass while doing this, and do not touch anything with metal in it.

My health improved rapidly with no herx. My blood test improved so much that my doctor was amazed. Chloresterol dropped from 220 to 180, TSH from 4 to 1.8, etc.

Then later I read of how ozone is made. Metal plates are on both sides of a sheet of glass. High Voltage is then applied to the plates. Ozone comes off the glass. So I smelled my hand after using my device. Shure enough it smelled strongly of ozone!

Essentially my device is a ozone machine with my body working as 1/2 of the machine! And it is operated at lyme frequencies so it is also a 100,000 volt zapper! No Argon or Rife tube is needed.

Posts: 499 | From Western NY | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
orion
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3858

Bob, that's really interesting. I'm going to run that past my rocket scientist friend who turned us on to the steam ozone therapy.

orion

heiwalove
Member # 6467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heiwalove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bringing this back up to the top.

has anyone else used this therapy with success?

Posts: 1848 | From seattle, wa | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so excited for you and the "miracles" that are occuring..I have not bought any of the supplies yet, and am holding off for a while, since we are having some improvement with IV drugs...But hope to do this someday.

I am also interested if anyone has done this with psychiatric problems..My daughter's herx's tend to be suicide attempts or mutilations, so I am a bit worried to jump in yet. But this is very uplifting and hopeful...lymemomtooo

Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
efsd25
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for efsd25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orion,

Thanks for the great update! I am so happy for you and your family Because of your success, I have incorporated the ozone steam, with the rife treatments, & Marnie's Mg Protocol that I take. Doing well also, Thanks Orion!!

Posts: 546 | From Cascadia subduction zone | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gabrielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5329

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gabrielle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did it about 10 times and gradually increased my time of exposure to finally 30 minutes.

The next morning I woke up with a terrible itching rash on the parts of my body that were exposed to the ozone. Only my head and bottom were spared. I thought it was an allergy and stopped the ozone sauna.

It took several days to heal and then I tried it again with shorter exposure time. Again I got the rash but less strong. Therefore, I diagnosed myself with "irritant contact dermatitis", which is not an allergy but can be compared with getting a sunburn, which is not the same as being allergic to sun. It's just too much of it.

But the experience with the rash scared and frustrated me and I stopped the ozone and just went on with steam sauna, alone.

Two days ago Orion sent me a mail with an interesting article she found. I copy here the most interesting part of it:

-----------------------
Carlos LeClair, a 73-year-old living in Florida, is convinced that ozone saunas eliminated his lyme disease symptoms when 24 months of antibiotics did not. Like many who use ozone saunas, he developed a rash. It is thought that the rash is part of a detox reaction, since continued use of ozone results in fading of the rash, according to Pressman. LeClair agrees. ``I am absolutely convinced that the itchiness and rash I experienced, mainly on my chest, was due to an interaction of the ozone with toxins in my body. The rash was gone after eight months of ozone saunas. When I had completed twelve months, twice a week, I decided to do a 30-minute sauna every day for ten days, just to make sure that I had finished off the lyme bug. By the sixth consecutive day of ozone saunas I woke up to find a 3-inch diameter bull's-eye rash over my left kidney.''

-----------------------------------

The whole article is very interesting but I don't have the link.

Orion: Maybe you can post it?

In any case I'm back on track now! Yesterday night I ozone-steamed for 10 minutes only and it was no problem. So, I'm planning to take it slowly and don't overdo it. For me (at least for the time being) it is too much to do it every day and too long.

Hope my experience will help some of you.

Gabrielle

Posts: 767 | From Germany | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gabrielle
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5329

Did it about 10 times and gradually increased my time of exposure to finally 30 minutes.

The next morning I woke up with a terrible itching rash on the parts of my body that were exposed to the ozone. Only my head and bottom were spared. I thought it was an allergy and stopped the ozone sauna.

It took several days to heal and then I tried it again with shorter exposure time. Again I got the rash but less strong. Therefore, I diagnosed myself with "irritant contact dermatitis", which is not an allergy but can be compared with getting a sunburn, which is not the same as being allergic to sun. It's just too much of it.

But the experience with the rash scared and frustrated me and I stopped the ozone and just went on with steam sauna, alone.

Two days ago Orion sent me a mail with an interesting article she found. I copy here the most interesting part of it:

-----------------------
Carlos LeClair, a 73-year-old living in Florida, is convinced that ozone saunas eliminated his lyme disease symptoms when 24 months of antibiotics did not. Like many who use ozone saunas, he developed a rash. It is thought that the rash is part of a detox reaction, since continued use of ozone results in fading of the rash, according to Pressman. LeClair agrees. ``I am absolutely convinced that the itchiness and rash I experienced, mainly on my chest, was due to an interaction of the ozone with toxins in my body. The rash was gone after eight months of ozone saunas. When I had completed twelve months, twice a week, I decided to do a 30-minute sauna every day for ten days, just to make sure that I had finished off the lyme bug. By the sixth consecutive day of ozone saunas I woke up to find a 3-inch diameter bull's-eye rash over my left kidney.''

The bull's-eye rash is unique among rashes and diagnostic of lyme disease all by itself. In naturopathic parlance, this bull's-eye would be called `retracing'--an illness peels back symptomatically over time from the most recent to the oldest symptoms. Carlos LeClair considers himself well today: he has had no symptoms of lyme disease in the last two years.
-----------------------------------

The whole article is very interesting but I don't have the link.

Orion: Maybe you can post it?

In any case I'm back on track now! Yesterday night I ozone-steamed for 10 minutes only and it was no problem. So, I'm planning to take it slowly and don't overdo it. For me (at least for the time being) it is too much to do it every day and too long.

Hope my experience will help some of you.

Gabrielle

dal123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dal123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rashes are not always caused by detoxing - Ozone disintegrates plastic tubing, funnels and even materials inside the steam cabinet. You can be getting a petrochemical steam bath which can also account for the rashes. You should be using an ozone resistant steam cabinet, use only chlorine free distilled water - not water pumped in via plumbing, use high grade silicon tubing, glass funnel, pure medical grade oxygen ( script required ) NOT converted oxygen as this makes the ozone mixture much more pure, use a cold corona gas discharge ozone generator. Pure medical oxygen is required for internal ozone insufflation treatments.
Posts: 532 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a good point. Even the fiberglass saunas, they outgas styrene for a while, and you can smell it (sort of sweet). ANd fiberglass is chosen by Saul Pressman as the most resistant material in regards to ozone, but even he is thinking of baking the saunas before selling them to offgas them.

You always get silicone tubing...or you should. The tent saunas that people make, definitely probably some of it degrades. But the ozone may outweigh that.

When I got my new sauna from Saul I couldn't stand the fiberglass smell (I'm chemically sensitive) so I gave it to a guy in NYC who has the same sauna but 2 years old. I wanted a totally outgassed sauna. So he got a new one, and I ended up with his old one! It was pretty funny if you saw us exchange our steam cabinets on the street it looked like it should be a Seinfeld episode.

I also use a tank--it's pretty easy to get an Rx for oxygen, and the flow rate on vaginal insufflation is 1/32nd liters a minute, and on sauna, 1/2. So it would take many months of daily saunas to use it up.

I should add, though, that most likely the rash is from the ozone. In most cases. I never did get a rash but I don't use the sauna all the time. Also, I'd shower after and put organic virgin coconut oil on my body (the kind you are supposed to cook with, really high quality). I think that is protective.

[This message has been edited by oxygenbabe (edited 27 November 2004).]

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement