LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Plum Island/ Lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Plum Island/ Lyme
janet thomas
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1-The US gov has an animal disease research lab on Plum Island, NY which is 10 miles (across the water) south of where Lyme disease first started in Old Lyme, CT. The book-Lab 257- chronicles possible biocontainment safety compromises. 2-Why is Lyme so difficult to treat, why is this bacteria so much nastier than most naturally evolved bacteria. 3-Does Uncle S read this?
Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Yep
2. because it's a spirochete
3. read Lab257 or Lymenet??

Welcome!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

[This message has been edited by Lymetoo (edited 31 March 2005).]

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was a comment that was later added to my article on Rense.com. "Lyme Disease - A Biological Weapon?"

COMMENT on Lyme DIsease article--Plum Island Connection
From Bob Anderson
3-20-5

Hello, Jeff

This IS interesting, and I have known for some years that "Lyme Disease" is a man-made illness.

My ex-colleague John Quinn -- who as you may recall wrote a book on the so-called Montauk Project activities at Montauk Air Base on the east end of Long Island New York -- wrote that he was informed UNEQUIVOCALLY by project operative and subsequent whistleblower Preston Nichols that Lyme Disease was DEFINITELY developed by the US government at Plum Island Animal Disease research facility, directly offshore from Montauk in Long Island Sound. Nichols told Quinn that the disease was first engineered in the mid-1960s and was initially released at the Montauk base itself and the surrounding communities. Nichols averred that there was frequent collaboration between the two facilities.

It is a FACT that the earliest victims of the disease were not in Old Lyme Connecticut but at Montauk. The disease rapidly became fairly widespread by the late 60s among the many farmers and fishermen in the area and was known at the time as "Montauk Knee" -- as it primarily affected major joints such as the knee.

Even more disturbing: Nichols informed Quinn around 1999 that the Lyme Disease spirochete was a PRIME COMPONENT of the materials being spewed from the aircraft spraying CHEMTRAILS across the length and breadth of the PLANET EARTH!

Comforting, No?

Regards,
Bob Anderson

Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
patdetweiler
Member # 7030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for patdetweiler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the info. My LLMD confided to me she thought Bb was a manufactured bacteria. Janet
Posts: 79 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So how did I get it in the 50's? And I know I'm not the only one!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daystar1952
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daystar1952     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that ticks and other methods of distributing biowarfare agents have been going on earlier than the 60s. Back in the 40s during Operation Paperclip the Nazis who were experts in vectorborne diseases were brought over here and some worked at Plum Island. The writer was saying that lyme became widespread during the 60s in the areas around Plum Island. I guess that doesn't mean it wasn't around before that or that it wasn't found in other states and countries. If some of the expertise was brought over from Germany..well..it seems reasonable that was another area that could have been experimented on
Posts: 1176 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
christelleny
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for christelleny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by daystar1952:
.... that doesn't mean it wasn't around before that or that it wasn't found in other states and countries.

That's a widespread idea in Europe (and not only about LD!). "Governments" may very well have used an existing strain and modified it through chemical and genetic manipulation... until it took a life of its own.

That could explain the difficulty for some people to treat the disease.

Think about it: the purer the strain (i.e. no manipulation), the easier to eradicate.

Posts: 159 | From CT, USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
break the chains
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5668

Icon 1 posted      Profile for break the chains   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for me the pictures speak volumes. especially when you keep in mind plumb island and ft detrick are right in the middle of this outbreak. both of these labs were working with mycoplasmas. everyone needs to understand how destructive mycoplasmas are, and that for many of us this may be the primary infection. dont get me wrong the spirokeets are bad but the multiple strains of mycoplasma are worse. especially when you get many of them working together on you, with lyme and other factors.
these stats come from goverment sites and the CDC

[This message has been edited by break the chains (edited 01 April 2005).]

Posts: 245 | From connecticut, the lyme state | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Virginia of Yore
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Virginia of Yore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About those getting lyme back in the 1950's: There is some evidence it has been around for at least 100 years, but in a less virulent form. The big question is whether someone during or after WWII tampered with it in secret labs, creating more virulent strains with more serious symptoms, for biological warfare purposes. Infected ticks in such a study may have been released accidentally, or even experimentally on purpose, and may be responsible for the current lyme epidemic and its many variations in symptoms and strains.

The quote below and its link may be of interest, if you want to explore more on the subject: http://www.spitfirelist.com/f480.html

13. ``In the preface of The Belarus Secret, Loftus laid out a striking piece of information gleaned from his spy network: `Even more disturbing are the records of the Nazi germ warfare scientists who came to America. They experimented with poison ticks dropped from planes to spread rare diseases. I have received some information suggesting that the U.S. tested some of these poison ticks on the Plum Island artillery range off the coast of Connecticut during the early 1950's. . . .Most of the germ warfare records have been shredded, but there is a top secret U.S. document confirming that `clandestine attacks on crops and animals' took place at this time.'' (Idem.)

Posts: 193 | From Virginia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paisley
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paisley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You all should check out the post re: Lab 257 on General Support side.

Lots of interesting things being said re: this topic

paisley

Posts: 298 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greatcod
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The military also has had an interest in "incapactitating agents---bio-chem weapons that did't kill a bunch, but which made people very sick.
It facinates me that Lyme is almost never described as incapacitating, even though it often is at onset, and in subsequent relapses....

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paisley,
Where is the post in Off topic? What is it called,I was looking for it.
hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aligondo Bruce
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6219

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aligondo Bruce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or the people who did this research were so damn stupid they didn't realize that birds carried deer ticks.

research indicates that speciation of borrelia ss occurred recently.

The records of bb s.s. from museum specimens is scant and incomplete. the most compelling comes from german museum studies. however in most of these studies only a small snippet of ribosomal dna is amplified. this tells you nothing about the rest of the organism.

moreover such studies are useless in differentiating strains of the same type. For instance, as has been said more pathogenic strains could have been developed at plum island or elsewhere even the soviet union and it would be difficult or impossible to tell exactly where a strain originated.

it's interesting that Bb s.s. is heavily concentrated in the USA, b. garinii and b azfelii are unknown here, but all three species are seen in europe, although Bb s.s. is uncommon and typically only found in western europe.

ribosomes are molecules involved in translation of mRNA into a protein and historically have been shown to be highly conserved among species and this is why differences are analyzed, it's a good indicator of whether or not the organisms being compared are closely related.

the comments by the author about plum island are provocative but need confirmation. We need more than anonymous sources here. Has anyone ever done an FOI request about plum island research in the 40's-70's?

More extensive research on borrelia species including a special focus on methods of gene transfer and DNA structure and replication and especially comparative sequencing of total DNA of individual strains will probably yield interesting information that relates to plum island and biowarfare hypotheses.

However such studies can be very expensive, and I can guarantee you that the US government knows what sort of research to keep away from funding.

Anybody good friends with bill gates? Or george soros?

quote:
Originally posted by Virginia of Yore:
About those getting lyme back in the 1950's: There is some evidence it has been around for at least 100 years, but in a less virulent form. The big question is whether someone during or after WWII tampered with it in secret labs, creating more virulent strains with more serious symptoms, for biological warfare purposes. Infected ticks in such a study may have been released accidentally, or even experimentally on purpose, and may be responsible for the current lyme epidemic and its many variations in symptoms and strains.

The quote below and its link may be of interest, if you want to explore more on the subject: http://www.spitfirelist.com/f480.html

13. ``In the preface of The Belarus Secret, Loftus laid out a striking piece of information gleaned from his spy network: `Even more disturbing are the records of the Nazi germ warfare scientists who came to America. They experimented with poison ticks dropped from planes to spread rare diseases. I have received some information suggesting that the U.S. tested some of these poison ticks on the Plum Island artillery range off the coast of Connecticut during the early 1950's. . . .Most of the germ warfare records have been shredded, but there is a top secret U.S. document confirming that `clandestine attacks on crops and animals' took place at this time.'' (Idem.)

Posts: 523 | From Stillwater,OK,USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops, I didn't mean off topic. I was looking in General Support for the posts Paisley was referring too.

I'm finding this all really upsetting. If this is all true they sure did a good job of creating a really nasty disease.
hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This belongs in General or off topic.

Heres the other discussion in General.
http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/Forum3/HTML/012273.html

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement