LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Any bad RIFE experiences??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any bad RIFE experiences??
fiddler
Member # 3993

Icon 5 posted      Profile for fiddler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Hi all-

After more than 2 years of intensive ABX therapy, I am seriously thinkig about having my husband build me a DOUG COIL RIFE Machine. However, I will continue on ABXas well (for now).

I have done quite a bit of reading about it on various Lyme boards- my question is:

Anyone have any bad experiences with RIFE (and I don't mean a bad Herx, as that would qualify as a "good" experience in the twisted world of Lyme). I mean any obvious bad side effects, or perhaps building a machine & then having no effects. It makes me a bit nervous to imagine that a machine is capable of destroying the bacteria- after all, what else might it be destroying. Now I know ABX's destroy good stuff too...but as no one really knows exactly how RIFE is working (that is, why do some frequencies work better than others & so forth).

Anyone out there think RIFE is just plain crazy or stupid and why do you believe that?

Just looking for experiences/opinions before I invest the $ & my husband invests his time (although, as an engineer, I think he might actually be looking forward to trying to build it...).

Thanks for any opinions in advance.

-Sarah

------------------

Posts: 58 | From Leonardtown, Md, usa | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarah, I own a rife machine. It is the best money I ever spent on this illness. I didn't build one though, instead I bought the machine I was lead to in a very spiritual way.

I ended up buying the most expensive machine that is hardly ever talked about. And it's still the best money I ever spent on this disease. (Well besides the money I've paid to my muscle testing voodoo chiro the last 6 months)

Have you ordered skyking's book? It goes into explaining how it destroys bacteria, etc.

I've been using rife for almost 2 yrs and I've made progress that I never made with abx. A rife machine is not an end all, cure all. There are still many things that will need to done for the body to be able to properly detox and heal.

I can only tell you how I feel about any dangers. My worst enemy was and is lyme disease. Throwing frequencies in my body that shatter, disrupt and tick off this spirochete is the least of my worries.

Take care,
Pam

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Energy2Heal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2010

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Energy2Heal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pam,

Could you mention which RIFE machine you're using?

Thanks,

- Andrew

Posts: 443 | From The Wild West | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fiddler:
my husband build me a DOUG COIL RIFE Machine.

for Andrew

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beachcomber
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5320

Icon 12 posted      Profile for beachcomber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, too: I think Andrew was asking Pam that question. Am curious too.
Posts: 1452 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My rife machine is called the Beam Ray. It is a computer and keyboard with a light tube attached to a tri-pod that runs off the computer. Doesn't attach to the body. Frequencies ranges 20-20,000 Hz. Often referred to as a light & sound machine, or just the light machine.

It can be used for one person or a group of people. You could actually run several freq programs at one time.

They have two models (well as of two yrs ago).One is a regular size computer tower price then $5,000. Portable unit, which is compact computer with handle so it can be easier to transport was $6,000.

I now know there are cheaper rifes that are similiar. But like I said in my earlier post, when you are lead spiritually, you follow that with no questions.

Pam

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The clinic where my MD doctor practices used to have a Beam Ray some years ago. It has not been used there at all any longer because it literally treats the whole clinic, not just the person or persons sitting around it. People in the next room used to get sick. A little boy standing in the doorway, away from it got deathly ill within five minutes. It is powerful - yes, but as many scientists now verify, power is not the criterion - as it was thought of in the thirties when brave Dr. Rife first developed the technology.

Make sure you research current technology - things have changed over the decades. So has the Lyme bacteria and the human bodies they affect today - our environment and we have changed. We are not what we were in the thirties nor in the early nineties. One of the reasons, we have such a difficult time getting rid of the bugs.

I posted about the "Faraday Cage" - search.

From our own experience.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by beachcomber:
Hey, too: I think Andrew was asking Pam that question. Am curious too.

OK, so I'm getting old and I'm losing it!

------------------
oops!
Lymetutu

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chunga
Member # 3775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chunga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Fiddler,

Can't offer a bad Rife experience for you....

But I can describe a good one.

My wife is almost at the three year mark - completely free of ABX.

She started with the B3/amp. At first she would suffer from what we felt was a "herx" reaction subsequent to using the device.

During the treatment she would tingle and twitch.

Shortly after, I built a Coil machine for her. We have stopped using the B3 since she no longer feels any effect during or after using it.

For quite a while thereafter, she would be knocked flat after using the Coil machine and often would fall asleep. Now, her reaction from the machine is minimal.

I surmise, but don't know for sure, that her bacterial load is greatly reduced.

However, we still use the Coil machine once or twice a month with two frequencies - 306 kHz and 790 kHz. About five minutes each.

Last week she came home suffering from a stiff neck which prompted her to take two Advils - something she *very* rarely does.

She popped the pills and walked downstairs.

By then, I had the machine tuned and ready.

We were both semi-astonished that afterwards she had complete range of motion in her neck and the pain was gone immediately.

To our minds, there is no way the Advils could have worked in a matter of no more than ten minutes.

What is very curious to me is that sometimes she stands with her back to me while I hold the coil.

When I hold the coil next to a small spot on her shoulder, a location where the muscle is often "knotted" and painful - which we attribute to the Lyme - she asks if I am touching her or pressing on that spot.

I am not.

If I were to do it over again I may consider the KMT-22 in lieu of the B3. We may buy one anyways.

She's doing fine now and we want to keep it that way...

Best of luck,

Dave

Posts: 90 | From RI | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tequeslady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6832

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tequeslady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did. Three times. No results. Any ideas?

quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:

I posted about the "Faraday Cage" - search.

From our own experience.

Posts: 856 | From Texas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Foggy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Foggy         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Bad experiences per se, it just didn't work for me.
Posts: 2451 | From Lyme Central | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jbgoth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5567

Icon 12 posted      Profile for jbgoth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am doing wonderful with RIFE.

I have a GB-4000. The first time i ran frequencies for lyme i herxed.

If i rife for babs or bart, i feel better afterwards.

Im not sure how well it helps candida, but im happy im off ABX and not making my candida problem worse. I looked for alternative treatments for lyme because of candida.

FOR ME, rife has been fabulous. Everyone is different.

Also, i started to exercise again. I cant tell you how much working out once a day has helped me. Working up a sweat and raising my body temp, is doing wonders.

At first i was afraid to try. I thought i might make myself worse. But, once i got back into it, i feel it has brought my healing to a new level. Im beginning to feel like my old self. Almost.......

Rife allowed me to go skiing this winter. I dont think i would be where im at now(75% better) if i were still on ABX. My number one problem right now is the yeast.

Good luck to you,

Jordan

------------------

[This message has been edited by jbgoth (edited 29 April 2005).]

Posts: 593 | From Miami, Florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aliyalex
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aliyalex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, KMT-22 and rife are two totally different technologies. How does one choose between them?
Posts: 830 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pennyhoule
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pennyhoule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GiGi:
It has not been used there at all any longer because it literally treats the whole clinic, not just the person or persons sitting around it. People in the next room used to get sick. A little boy standing in the doorway, away from it got deathly ill within five minutes.

I'm really afraid this is an urban legend, one which I've heard more than once. I have a Beam Ray myself, and my husband's a scientist and can explain quite convincingly that it's impossible for the electromagnetic waves to travel further than a few feet at the very most. I'm not a scientist, I'm an artist, and my husband's an open-minded scientist, hence the Beam Ray in the house, but he won't go so far as to defy physics. :-)

Actually, Map, I'm curious which frequencies you've used. Mine's sitting here gathering dust, plus I've been afraid that it might go kaput, considering my history with computers (what then?). I have had some definite results, yeast die-off for example, but with the brain fog, etc., I've found it too difficult to program a zillion frequencies into the thing, let alone guess which ones to program in the first place.

Which ones have you found successful? What is your source for frequencies? That's been my biggest issue. So much guesswork.

Thanks much,

penny

[This message has been edited by pennyhoule (edited 29 April 2005).]

Posts: 142 | From San Diego California | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pennyhoule
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5611

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pennyhoule     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can say that I know for certain that my rife machine kills yeast. I know this because I have a very distinct, fruity odor in my urine when I get die-off with diflucan. I get exactly the same thing with the Rife. No other times. I don't even have to be doing a yeast frequency, and I'll get yeast die off.

I also get some runny stools, etc. when doing rife, another common symtpom when I'm on an abx.

Like I said, my biggest issue is knowing which frequencies to use. I have a number of known, and probably even more, unknown bugs. I don't want to tip the balance in favor of a nastier one. :-( I wish there were some generic one-size fits all frequency program. As a patient with CFS, I don't have the energy to fiddle with experimenting.

But since I'm currently on a couple abx, I'm going to at least start rifing for yeast again.

penny

Posts: 142 | From San Diego California | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jbgoth
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jbgoth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Penny,

I will try killing some yeast with my machine.

You have given me hope.

Jordan

------------------

Posts: 593 | From Miami, Florida | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiddler
Member # 3993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiddler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Thank you all so much for taking the time to write your opinions/experiences.

I will let you know if my husband goes ahead & builds one & what happens.

Wishing you all future wellnes.

All the best,

-Sarah

Posts: 58 | From Leonardtown, Md, usa | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Penny, the first 12 months or so I just did the General 6 & 7 which are lyme freq. Then I've also done babs and bart freq.

Now that I see someone that muscle test me, I'm doing all kinds of programs that I would of had no clue I needed.

I've been doing session for the last 4 weeks that are quite interesting.

Yellow fever virus
E-coli
Strep
Staph
Sarcoma virus
Meningoco
& more

These are all frequencies that my muscle testing revealed I needed, not necessarily that I had these illnesses. It's the bad guys that lie in my body that need to be exterminated.

Just rifing for lyme and co's was not getting me well. I was better, I was having good days, but something was keeping me from being healthy again. I had no clue where to start and only after doing muscle testing did I become aware of the BIG picture.

Remember in the big picture it has to do with many different toxins, including parasites and viruses. IMO, if it was just a simple lyme bacteria that was making us so ill, it wouldn't be so hard to get rid of.

That's why I think that this KMT22 that Gigi talks about is so interesting because it addresses all these other toxic possibilities. And Gigi is right the Beam Ray is powerful. But since I've invested my money in this machine, I'm going to address these toxins one by one with this machine.

That's not to say in the future I won't consider a KMT22, because I've learned to never say never as long as I'm fighting this war.

I know that wasn't a simple answer to your question. There's not a simple answer to give, sorry.

Take care, Pam

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement