LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » OPMC UPDATE AND ACTION ALERT 5/27/05

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OPMC UPDATE AND ACTION ALERT 5/27/05
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ellenluba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THIS ACTION ALERT IS FOR EVERYONE , NO MATTER WHICH
STATE YOU LIVE IN.

Hi folks,
About the bill that will protect our LLMDs from losing
their medical licenses:
STATE SENATE:
As a result of our calls and letters, there are signs
that Senator Hannon is starting to pay some attention
to the OPMC Due Process bill - S5057/A7757.

This means that we have to INCREASE THE PRESSURE on
him now to bring the bill up for a vote in his Senate
Health Committee.

PLEASE, anyone who has not yet contacted Senator
Hannon. do so immediately.

If you have already contacted him in the past couple
of weeks, this is the time to get friends and family
to do the same.

If you don't think they will actually get around to
it, please ask them whether you can send a note in
their name. But be sure to get their permission
before you do that.

Senator Hannon is a sponsor of the bill, for which we
have to thank him. The problem is that he has
sponsored many bills, and we need to keep on him to
give our bill a priority so it can get out of his
committee ASAP. Otherwise, there will not be enough
time for it to get passed through the entire Senate.

Hannon contact information:

His district office:

516 739 1700

His Albany Office:
518 455 2200

E Mail:
[email protected]

Just thank him for sponsoring S5057 and ask that he
move it out of committee as soon as possible.

STATE ASSEMBLY:
The bill was voted out of the Assembly Health
Committee last week. We thought it would come up for
a vote in the Assembly this week, but it was not on
the calendar - which seems to be just an
administrative matter and doesn't mean there is any
problem.

We do not expect a problem in the Assembly, and we'll
keep you posted as to when it comes up for a vote there.
Thanks,
Ellen

Posts: 819 | From New York, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ellenluba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please keep this to the top.

Any of you who have had trouble getting treated, OR have lost a doctor to state persecution, OR have to travel long distances to see your LLMD OR have to wait too long between appointments with your LLMD , OR have complained that your LLMD is not accessible enough - you need to make sure this bill is passed .

This is true no matter which state or country you live in.

Please watch for the action alerts and take the few minutes needed to save our medical care.
Ellen

Posts: 819 | From New York, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dontlikeliver
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 4749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dontlikeliver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 2824 | From The Back of Beyond | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Please keep this up. This law protects us from a threat to all our doctors throughout the country. Keeping doctors safe will also help us get more doctors to treat us. I

If you haven't noticed yet, we don't have enough of them.

That's because the persecution by the NYS disciplinary board, the OPMC, has got doctors across the country afraid to treat us.

It's great that we can count on each other for support and information. But it wouldn't be so great if that was all we had because we lost our doctors.

Please take the time to contact Senator Hannon and to get your friends and family to do the same.

It will take only a couple of minutes.
Ellen

FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up.
Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

We have already lost many Lyme doctors , either because their licenses were lifted by state medical boards or they were too afraid to keep treating us for fear of losing their licenses.

We have more and more patients sharing fewer doctors.

The action alert will take you two minutes. Help stop the persecution of Lyme doctors, Protect your own medical care.,
Ellen

Pocono Lyme
Member # 5939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pocono Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Done
Posts: 1445 | From Poconos, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More and more patients and fewer Doctors,
Doctors who cannot treat without positive tests,

ONE, count him..ONE Lyme pediatrition in the entire WORLD..
and he treats thousands, works 7 days a week, 12 hours a day..
and is well past retirement age with noone brave enough to follow him full out.

..and our leading LLMD's have to watch their backs every day, operating under these pressures.

No non-LL's will touch this because they know of the liscencing pressures..which generate from financial concerns of insurance companies.

This won't stop unless the medical review board procedures are reformed so they can't do this anymore..

and it won't stop uless WE..the patients do something.

make the calls and get everyone else to.

If not for any other reason do it for the thousands of kids that will be infected this Spring.

Mo

[This message has been edited by Mo (edited 30 May 2005).]

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Hi,
Thanks so much to those of you who are calling and writing.

Probably all of us here are pretty sick, and it's hard to have time and energy to be altruistic when you feel like you can barely survive yourself.

So please understand that this action is for you and anyone else in your family who is sick!!!!.

If the OPMC is permitted to keep harassing doctors, we could wind up all losing our medical care no matter which state we live in.

This will take only a few minutes of your time.
Dear Senator Hannon,
Thank you for sponsoring S5057, the OPMC Due Process bill. I hope that you will see that it comes up for a vote in your committee as soon as possible.
Name,
Address
Phone number.

ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

Can't afford to let this disappear from sight.

Please keep generating calls and emails to Senator Hannon until I post that the bill is out of his senate health committtee,
Thanks,
Ellen

ellenluba
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1707

UP!
jellyfish
Member # 7390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jellyfish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the update...although i reside in florida now, i lived my entire life in Dutchess County NY, in the heart of tic country...my LLMD couldn't practice for about 6 months because of these nuts trying to keep him from helping us! At least his PA could continue treating.It was a witch hunt...i am sure you know which LLMD i speak of. Again, thank you for your passion and persistence,I will email my entire family in NY to immediately write in to the Senator....jellyfish
Posts: 47 | From port orange, florida | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Member # 6711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Let's keep the e-mail's and phone calls going. All support groups should be notified of this, if they haven't already. If this passes, it's a model for other states to follow suit, plus the feds are looking at lyme legislation as well.

This would provide momentum to accomplish a lot of things. Think AIDS patients would have gotten any treatment, unless they became active ?

Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Calling all Lyme patients...

Now is the time to reach out and touch someone.

The LLMD you save may be your own!

------------------
If you get the choice to sit it out or dance...

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linda LD
Member # 6663

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Linda LD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw this and sent a letter.

Or maybe I saw this and sent a letter and forgot!

But I always try to respond so I know if I have sent a letter or not...that is so sad!

L

Posts: 1171 | From Knoxville, TN US | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NP40
Member # 6711

Icon 14 posted      Profile for NP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^^^^^
Posts: 1632 | From Northern Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Done.
Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann.. Thanks!

Was wondering how you are doing?

Linda..

Let's get it together, can we?

HA!

Maybe if we put both our brains together, we could form 1/2 a brain? Ya think?

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am doing well, Tin. Glad to have you back. Could add about 1/32nd to your brain, tho not promising to memory comes with that.

Ann - OH

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 14 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Senator Hannon,

Thank you for sponsoring S5057, the OPMC Due Process bill. I hope that you will see that it comes up for a vote in your committee as soon as possible. I have had Lyme Disease for 7 years and have finally been properly diagnosed January of this year.

The Doctor I go to doesn't take insurance due to the fact that he treats aggressively for success in conquering this horrible dibilitating disease. Insurance companies don't "allow" Doctors to treat aggresively with out persecution or scrutiny.

My insurance company should not dictate my health. They are not doctors. Alot of the literature available from my insurance company on Lyme is outdated. On their audio directory they talk about the lyme vaccine "Lymrix" which has been off the market for many years. It is really pathetic and unsafe how much control the insurance industry has.
Thanks so much,

Heather xxxx
xxxxxxxxx Aberdeen, NJ 07747

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valymemom
Member # 7076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for valymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good letter, Heatherkiss......a model to follow.

Thanks, Ellen, for your constant drive toward the goal.

Posts: 1240 | From Centreville,VA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightFireWithWater
Member # 5781

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightFireWithWater     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please give those sore-handed hard-working core Lymenet helpers a hand by posting your encouragement to contact senator H
Posts: 1265 | From does not list | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement