LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » almost passed out in bathroom..help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: almost passed out in bathroom..help
cantgiveupyet
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8165

Icon 2 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swear i think i am dying. Im at work and everythng feels so strange.....like everything is just moving inside of my....my neck is real stiff...things are tingly.....and i dont know what to do.

im trying to eat but its making it worse i think..

am i really dieing??

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corgilla
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corgilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Are you woozy? Does it come and go or is it constant?

I'm worried because you still have to get home and that may be impossible in the condition you're in.

Is it worth calling an ambulance?

I had a spell where I did pass out during a meeting at work. It was related to hypoglycemia. If that's what is causing this, food will help eventually.

Could you be getting a stomach bug?

I'm not sure what you mean by things moving inside of you. Where? Your whole body? Your stomach? Your head?

Can you find a place to lie down for a bit?

Are you full steam ahead with your medication or are you taking it easy right now?

Corgilla

--------------------
"I'll never forget good old Whatsisname."

Posts: 694 | From PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im taking it easy with the meds for now....

my neck feels numb....and my head is woozy things are tingling...

there is no where here to lay down.....and they dont believe that i have lyme or am sick.

i will try eating some more.....say some prayers.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my mom is coming to get me, trying to stay calm until then.......everything is tingling now...and i feel so cold. Im afraid to go to the bathroom again. I wonder what is going on and why i keep getting this sick.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drink some extra water pinch of salt a gator aid if you can find one.
Electrolites may be down.Take a asprin to thin blood a little. Be careful.

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

thanks tree....i dont have salt here...im eating brazil nuts now.....wish i were home....tons of gatorade there.....
going to wendys on way home.....i think this is related to blood sugar levels. I just hope my mom gets here soon

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

i found some salt....from my wisdom teeth rinsing days..... left in my drawer....i hope it works.

i havent felt right all nite...

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

Corgilla
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Corgilla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I'm glad you're going home and that you have a ride.

Right after I was first dx'd, I was on doxy for 1 month and stopped as per duck.

About a week after stopping I had an episode where I thought my legs were going to give out and I was going to fall. I was woozy too.

This could just be a Lyme symptom as it was with me.

I like the gatorade idea though. Electrolytes can get really out of whack.

This is a crazy disease. I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Corgilla

--------------------

Posts: 694 | From PA | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D.J. LYME
Member # 8384

Icon 9 posted      Profile for D.J. LYME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear this, i had a day just like this not too long ago, it used to help if i just layed down in front of a fan and relaxed drink gato, and watch a movie, good luck and i hope your night is better than your day.

--------------------
D.J. Lyme

Posts: 69 | From shoreline CT | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drink some water now incase your also dehydrated:)

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How are you doing now??

Nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

thanks everyone for your support.

I made it home. When my mom first saw me she was like, oh my you are soooo pale...look in the mirror...i did and i was so white...
similar to my first lyme spell i had in august...

My mom had to stop at a store on the way home and i had to use the restroom....that same feeling came over me. Its so odd ....nerve feeling in my neck and whole body...like im going to just die while urinating....like its a tax on my body to great to bare. Im so afraid to use the bathroom.

The water and salt did help (thanks tree) and my manager helped by talking to me during my very scary moments...

Im still scared, but home now and i ate and i have some gatorade. I feel so tired.

I keep saying what did i do today that is different....i took 3 cranberry tabs and some decafe green tea...and some probiotic. I skipped the abx this morning because i was too bad.

i wonder if all of this is because i went off abx for a few days and now back on again. Im not even taking the full dose........will i ever be able to take a full dose.

I also used the foot detox pads last nite...everytime i use them i have a bad day the next day. Too much at one time i think.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cantgiveupyet:
there is no where here to lay down.....and they dont believe that i have lyme or am sick.

Can't, didn't you say that your co-workers were being supportive and even understanding?

If I'm recalling right, you just started Ceftin or some other new med, right? Sounds like you're herxing, even though you skipped it today. I would lay low, hydrate PLENTY, and rest. Then try to sneak back up on it!

You're killing bacteria. It isn't gonna be pretty! Rest if you can, take whatever help you can get, and don't assume people think you are pulling their leg at work. From the sound of it, I'm betting they don't think that at all and they're probably worried about you.

Hope you are cozied up under a warm blanket and feeling better.

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

hey michelle,
thats my name too! I am laying in bed....praying this will pass. I went to the bathroom twice and my fear is lessoning.

as for my coworkers, my manager hasnt been too supportive until today.....everyonelse is though. I hope your right and they dont think i am faking. I just hate that im not normal.

You think it might be a herx..... i started the cedax on saturday , stopped the started again on Tuesday i think.

thanks for posting....your support really helps!

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

Corgilla
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4066

Hey cant,

I don't think you can fake being white as a ghost.

I used to worry about what my boss and coworkers thought of me. Now I say they can go -- jump off a bridge.

This is a very difficult time when you have a high bacteria load. You may want to take your meds once every other day to start instead of off for a while than slam for a while.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Have a great New Year. I'm assuming you have some time off as many of us do. Take the time to rest and be good to yourself (if you do have a long weekend off).

Glad you're home safely,

Corgilla

--------------------

cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Thanks , my lyme brain never thought to do the every other day...hmmmm i think i will do it that way. Slowly attack them. I must have millions of them in me right now.

I have to work on Monday, the company is off but i work in accounting and we have to be in....year end deadlines :-( atleast i have the weekend to rest up....and i plan on doing just that.

I might just stay in bed all weekend.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

thanks cave for posting this. Most of my problems involve urinating. which is just odd.....i may call my LLMD tomorrow....i was feeling a bit better, but now it seems another bought is coming on again.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you need to remember that everyone is different in how they react to meds and switching things around often can be both taxing on your body and scary as hell when you become ill from it. Try a few things together, not a bunch, then stop some, mix some, stop all, that is way too much for your body to handle.

Also, not everything will happen to you, ok. Some people dont have huge problems, but they do have problems, ok...

WE can make things worse through worry, I have been there, and this Lyme stuff sucks! Do as your LLMD says and try to stay happy when you can.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

thanks rob,

what i have learned today is just how fragile my body is from this lyme. I believe it was just too much detox all at once. Im going to go easy on myself...take a break from the abx to see if i get better. then go back to it.

i tried some lemon juice in water tonite....it helped during my last herx so im hoping it will help with this one....although it seems this one might hang around awhile.

thanks for reminding me to take things slower.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

lymster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi cant...!

Sorry you are so sick, like I told you before I haven't take cedax myself, but my 8 year son had.

He has a real high pain toleration and an incredible self control to stay calm during the worse; however the second day that he took cedax, he call me from school and ask me to take him home, he was pale, he had an intense migraine and said he couldn't see clear and that he felt like he had no control over his body movements.
He had been on another abx prior to cedax and this never happened. It lasted the first 3 days of every week during the first month on cedax, after that we saw a lot of improvement.

Since he was potty trained he had a continuos urge to urinate and gues what,
it's gone!!!!!! yeah!
He had it for 7 years and is completely gone after 6 months of treatment, the stupid urologist that saw him before he was diagnosed with lyme, wanted to do a surgery, who knows what for. WOW! good thing I never believed my son's problem was only on the urinary tract; there were so many other things wrong.

So, I am not an MD but I believe you are taking a walk on herx park, not nice; but things do get better. Drink lots of water and try to eat if you can.

Keep us posted,
Lymster in WA

Posts: 303 | From WA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spookydew
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for spookydew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

I frequently feel that I am actually in the process of physically dying. For last couple years. Comes on sudden and can last hours. Happens at work, while driving, at home or anywhere. Also have intense feeling of doom when go to bed at night and am actually surprised when I wake in morning that am still here. I think it's a neuro symptom or reaction. Or maybe I am dying. But, hey have really and truly had significant improvement in pain.

Posts: 290 | From ohio | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

lymster- i think you are right Im taking a walk thru herx park big time.

I just realized something.....i think it is time for the monthly die off.....it usually happens the last week of the month...and used to coincide with my "monthly cycle" but this month that was early. I kept saying this morning, i usually am this sick around "that time of the month"....then something clicked ...
My left bicep hurts, which it always does around this time off the month....like clockwork.....so odd.

I think it is a herx combined with the dieoff....

I still feel sick....infected. I will continue with my lemon water today and green tea. I feel similar to the way i did in August before treatment but with bladder problems added in.

I hope i get better even a lil bit...

Im glad that your sons bladder issues went away....i can only hope mine do the same.

--------------------

-Schopenhauer

D.J. LYME
Member # 8384

Icon 10 posted      Profile for D.J. LYME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope your doing better, i swear that we both have alot of the same issues. i guess alot of us do. do you continue to have the monthly die off until symptom free because i notice that this time of the month usually the 26th through the 3rd are my worst times every month. i learn something new everday about this. i wonder if you know when the die off is and it is the same if you could just take antibiotics during this time, i dont know. i get so confused everyday. i really hope your feeling better, i guess i will never understand how this whole thing works but i am grateful i found this site. take care HAPPY NEW YEAR.....

--------------------
D.J. Lyme

Posts: 69 | From shoreline CT | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement