LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Electromagnetic - How many of you with lyme

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Electromagnetic - How many of you with lyme
Health
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

I have become sensitive to the cordless phone, the TV and the computer.

I was ON lyme antibiotics when this happenened, the Doxy and Flagyl about 2 months ago.

I then switched to other antibiotics, did 7 weeks of babesia meds, and this sensitivity is still with me.

My LLMD has not heard of any of HIS patients having these symptoms, but I have asked on here and I think one other had this.

HOW many of you with long term lyme have these sensitivities? I just got them, and find it odd that I just got them NOW while ON antibiotics.
Have had lyme for years, untreated, until 2 years ago.

I cannot use my zapper anymore, makes me deathly ill, and I think it is because it is causing the electromagnetic sensitivity.

I have stopped babesia meds because I was becoming drier in the mucus membranse and reacting to food again, so LLMD put me on Ceftin and Flagyl.
I think??? I still need babesia meds later though, maybe.
I am now starting the Salt C again, doing it long term while on antibiotics.

Thanks,

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minimonkey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minimonkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm electromagentic sensitive, and my mom is terribly, terribly so! Interestingly, this is often listed as a symptom of CFIDS and Fibromyalgia -- which we all know is very often undiagnosed Lyme -- so I know you aren't alone. Your doc probably hasn't heard about it because people don't like to mention the really weird symptoms to anyone, even their docs.

--------------------
"Looks like freedom but it feels like death..
It's something in between, I guess"

Leonard Cohen, from the song "Closing Time"

Posts: 822 | From California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bugabooboo
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bugabooboo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Detox, detox, detox!

Bug

--------------------
Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives, is the perfect preparation for a future only He can see....Corrie Ten Boom

Posts: 341 | From Northcentral Iowa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chroniccosmic
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chroniccosmic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely something that is real.

I'm sensitive to the computer, mostly florescent lights and I can feel the vibrations. It makes me weak and dizzy.

I figure its how superman feels when around kryptonite. [Eek!]

Posts: 460 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bobdavis
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobdavis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sensitive to the magnetic fields or to the blinking lights? Those are two different things!

If it is the blinking on the monitor get a LCD flat pannel it does not do that. Otherwise set the refersh rate to 70 to 75 Hertz.

If it is the blinking of the lights, replace them. Older lights blink more that new ones. Also Incandescent lights do not blink as much.

Posts: 499 | From Western NY | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Health
Member # 6034

Has anyone recovered from this,

and if you did,

Was it

Lyme?

Bartonella?

The only infection I have not been treated for is the Bartonella.

Iam going INSANE from this newly aquired sensitivity.

I am waiting to hear from the LLMD.

I am on the Minocycline and Plaquenil, this is not helping with the electro stuff but helping with other areas.

I went for a drive at night several days ago, just to get out, and was SO ill from teh car, the energy in the Honda, it is a newer car, my moms and I am certain I was vibrating out of my mind from the car, I then had to come home and

CRY!

I was unable to drive months ago, so am getting better, now I have this new electro sensitivity,
So frustrating and depressing.

Trish

crazychris
Member # 7384

Icon 3 posted      Profile for crazychris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently posted that I am feeling electrical currents across my body. Mainly when I am outside. I have been reading from posts to detox, but what do I need to do? How do you actually detox?
[confused]

Posts: 66 | From Texas | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have problems with EMF's too. Especially the computer. I would feel completely drained after 15 minutes on it, even when sitting much further away than normal. I was a computer programmer before I became too ill to work and I love the computer so this was a terrible turn of events.

My herbalist used muscle testing and sold me a product that fixed the problem for me.
http://www.energpolarit.com/homeindex.htm

I have no interest in the company. It worked for me but I can't guarantee that it will work for you.

The minute I put the diode on, I felt like my body was being pulled to the earth. I wore it all the time for several years and now I don't need it even though I haven't been treated for lyme yet (I see LLMD in April).

My husband and I use the equipment diodes on our computers. My husband is an electrical engineer and he wears the personal diode everyday. The diodes have a way of disappearing because it seems that anytime we loan one to someone they like them and never give them back.

I personally think that the problem for some of us is that we are not grounded and our polarity is messed up making us very sensitive to EMF's.

The diode is supposed to protect you from the deleterious effects of EMF's. I don't know exactly how it works but I've seen it work for a number of people.

Terry

Posts: 6282 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill ATL
Member # 7817

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Bill ATL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trish...

REALLY REALLY bad! I am not sure what the root cause is/was (ABX, LYME, or ?), but it is the most frustrating thing for me.

I have vibrations...mostly facial, but also in my left elbow area, where the bite/initial infection occurred...the PC will REV these up!

I think it is the refresh rate of the PC screen that does this...like BobD mentions, you might want to experiment with the setting. The TV used to set the vibrations off, but not so much now.

I have got to say, though, the LCD screen on my home (new) PC seems to cause more of these types of symptoms, definitely not less. Headache, vibrations, even eye pain. One that threw me for a loop was feeling my cheeks and forehead have a burning sensation, and then, looking in the mirror, was very red and flushed. I have NO DOUBT that the PC was causing this.

It is definitely Electro-Sensitivity...but what is the root-cause? That is the million dollar question.

Very interesting that you mention your car. I actually have recently suspected that my car was the root cause of all of my issues. After looking into a PC all day @ work...getting headaches by the afternoon, I'd ride home...and the headaches would intensify.

Just last month, I noticed that, as I lifted my left arm from the ledge of the car door (where the Driver's side window starts), the hair on my arm would stand up as I pulled my arm away. Like static cling, from my arm towards the door ledge. And this was through a thick, padded/lined leather jacket.

I have just started looking for a new/different car...I'm hoping it might help...not convinced, but it can't get worse.

Check this site out...I think you'll find it amazing. I did, and refer back to it often... http://www.feb.se/FEB/AboutES.html

I think one of the most overlooked issues today is that we are using more and more electronics in our daily lives, and there really hasn't been much published about the effects on our health.

It is quite obvious to me!

B

--------------------
Bill

**Question everything...it may save your life!!!**

Posts: 80 | From ATLantic Seaboard | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hatsnscarfs
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hatsnscarfs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the same problem. I just ordered the diodes, thanks for the info TerryK.

When I was at my sickest I could barely touch my cell phone. The computer causes problems too. I stopped using microwaves when I got sick.

I read something here on Lymenet recently indicating this problem may have to do with various imbalances related to Lyme. I think sodium balance (maybe magnesium too)had something to do with it. I'll try to find it on search.
hats

Posts: 956 | From MA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Before I knew what I had I knew that riding in a car, especially driving, I would get terrible, I mean excruciating stomach gas and burb and fluff my way to sick land. I would get so sick and nausuas I would get light headed. AND i would get restless leg syndrome so bad I had to move my legs while driving much like Barney on the flintstones. Then I found if I am chewing something, much better, no sxs.
So when I travel I have to have some gum or sunflower seeds to chew on the whole trip long or I am in trouble real quick.
I sorta noticed that some cars are different than others. Guy had a pu truck(small) and that didnt bother at all while riding. Dont know weather ruiding is different than driving. Always thought it was like the alternator dong it and it came thru the steering wheel or the vibrations from same. Or having your arms more outstretched, dunno.
All I know is I feel MUCHO better if chewing, try it, you MAY like it!! I would think that would set OFF the pumps for acid in the tummy but the saliva must calm something. I even tried the acid reflux pills, no work. Then trie Malluox and drank enough for that to make me sick, no workie there either. GUM worked, period!!
Also was quite sick when touching a running big electric motor. I also heard that is a definite sign of a heavy metal toxic . Dunno on that one for sure either unless it has something to do with a mouth full of metal hardware!!!Cant tell you because I am --just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked at the link provided by TerryK, and looked over the information and the products listed.
http://www.energpolarit.com/homeindex.htm

Is there anyone here with chemical/electrical experience who would be able to evaluate these claims?

If this was a product that could actually help neutralize the electromagnetic radiation that we are exposed to, I sure as shootin' would buy it and recommend it.

TerryK, I am not doubting your story.
I'm just looking for more information, and I may end up buying it anyway.

Carol

Posts: 6931 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry, I'm not offended. I think it's wise to get as much information as possible.

As far as I know, the material that the diode is made of is not disclosed. I think I heard years ago that part of it is mineral but I don't know that I'm remembering correctly.

You probably saw that the Cook's used Kirlian Photography to show the effect of the diode on the energy field of one person but I have no idea how to interpret that in terms of effectivness in protecting one from EMF's.

My husband is an electrical engineer and he said that one would have to design tests to measure EMF's affect on the human energy field with and without the diode.

As far as I know, as science stands now, the notion that EMF's have any deleterious affect on the human energy field is not validated.

I don't think you will find anyone who will be able to validate the science behind these products and as I said, I can't guarantee that they will help you. All I can do is tell you that they have helped me and other people that I know.

Asking questions is good but unfortunately I don't think you'll find an answer to this one.
Terry

Posts: 6282 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hah, a similar question just came up on another forum, regarding one member's problems with electromagnetic fields. This man returned to work after treating Lyme with pulsed magnetic therapy, and became ill from the computers and the flourescent lights.

Someone recommended this product:
QLink
http://www.qlinkworld.co.uk/index.html

It seems to do something similar to the product you recommended, Terry. I looked over the info at the site, couldn't find much hard evidence, and the product is more expensive.

Carol

Posts: 6931 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheCrimeOfLyme
Member # 4019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheCrimeOfLyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im extremely sensitive. In fact, I never had lyme ( or at least it wasnt showing it's face) until I started using my cell phone in 2002. About six months of cell phone torture, I got deathly ill with severe, non relenting headaches.

To this day, being around cell phones drive my head insane. Last year, I was ready ( so I thought) to go back to college. But being in a room with 20 students who all had their cell phones on ( AND in computer classes at the same time) was way too much and I had to drop out.

I recently went back to college, and now, its mandated the cells have to be off. My boyfriend and I just bought cell phones again . I hadn't had one since I got sick in 2002. Within a few months of using mine, I have noticed

that Im extremely sensitive - gives me headaches quick.

--------------------
You want your life back? Take it.

Posts: 3169 | From Greensburg, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

I was thinking about this, and I noticed something.

Both of these products seem to stabilize the bioelectrical activity of the cell and the cell membranes.

I say this because there is a similarity between the effects of these products and low dose Dilantin, as discussed in the book, "A Remarkable Medicine Has Been Overlooked," by Jack Dreyfus.

Low magnesium will interfere with the bioelectrical activity of the cell, and will show up as irritability, static shocks, disordered thought processes, increased levels of pain, headaches.

Since people who have Lyme have low magnesium levels within the cells, low dose Dilantin can help ease some of our symptoms.

But I cannot figure out how wearing one of those pendants would do the same.

WHAT the heck is in them, anyways?

Carol

p.s. They use the product on horses, and the horses are calmer and easier to manage.

So....I guess it's not just the placebo effect. Hmmmm.....

tailz
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im extremely sensitive. In fact, I never had lyme ( or at least it wasnt showing it's face) until I started using my cell phone in 2002.

Bingo. I nearly died after being in Dr. B's office for over 8 hours with other weary patients firing up their cell phones to pass the time. I won't even go back there for that reason alone. I still haven't recovered.

It's not only cell phones though - it's the towers, too, and other EMF sources. These fields mess with calcium somehow - all my teeth are transparent. In fact, with each new technology my symptoms got worse. I dread the next new one. I really do.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerryK
Member # 8552

Did anyone else get positive results with the diodes or qlink?

Terry

cjnelson
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjnelson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed the cell phone issue MOST when I was on Nextel. For MONTHS I kept wondering if my cell phone was what was making me ill!

Then I switched to my PDA from Verizon and surpisingly it hasnt bothered me. MY LCD Flat Screen doesnt bother me eihter..my old screen drove me NUTS

I had another issue with a Bluetooth ear piece. I would "short out the connection" everytime I touched it and could NEVER set it, not once.

My daughters could do it everytime and the clerk at the store. I touched it GONE!!!!

WEIRD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most power I think I have ever had!! [Cool]

--------------------
Seeking renewed health & vitality.
---------------------------------
Do not take anything I say as medical advice - I am NOT a dr!

Posts: 830 | From TN | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tailz
Unregistered

Here is an excerpt from `Cross Currents' by Dr. Robert Becker - page 72.

In 1975, Professor Richard Blakemore, also of Woods Hole Marine Biological Laboratory, became intrigued by the strange behavior of some bacteria he was studying.

Blakemore noticed that the bacteria always clustered at the north side of their culture dish. Even if he turned the dish so that they were at the south end and left it overnight, the next morning the bacteria were back at the north side.

While such ``magnetotrophic'' bacteria had been described before, no one had ever done what Blakemore did next: he looked at them under the electron microscope. What he found was astonishing. Each bacterium contained a chain of tiny magnets!

The magnets were actually crystals of the naturally magnetic mineral magnetite, the original lodestone of preliterate peoples. Somehow, the bacteria absorbed the soluble components from the water and put them together in their bodies as the insoluble crystalline chain.

Later studies showed that this arrangement was of value to these bacteria, which lived in the mud on the bottom of shallow bays and marshes.

If they were moved by the tide or by storm waves, their magnetic chains were large enough (in comparison to their body size) to physically turn their bodies so that they pointed down at an angle corresponding to the direction of magnetic north.

All the bacteria had to do was swim in that direction, and sooner or later they would be back in the mud. This was an interesting mechanism, but it did not contain any sophisticated information transfer.

The bacteria did not ``know'' that north was the way to swim; they just did so. However, these observations opened up a much more interesting series of investigations.

adamm
Unregistered

yep, I've got it too

is this symptom specific to bacterial infections? or could babs cause it too?

There are more things in heaven and earth...

Health
Member # 6034

Treating Babesia with months of medications helped me very much with the EMF.

Treat babesia if you have not.

Trish

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement