LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » The New Silver Solution

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The New Silver Solution
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The New Silver Solution

What is it? It is an engineered silver nano-particle - an important techno breakthrough./
The metallic silver( as opposed to ionic silver in other silver solutions that have been talked about here often) radiates energy in very narrow wavelength between ultraviolet ``A'' and ultra-violeg ``B''.

This radiation is harmful to pathogens, which is instrumental in in the exceptional antimicrobial efficacy of this New Silver Solution. This efficacy has been proven in independent tests at prestigious universities and other independent labs.

These tests have shown this to be a far more effective bactericide than any other brand of silver tested. This is not the place to go into details, so I would urge you to get the booklet publication - about 30 pages long. It explains all in great detail.

I will add this: Because silver is a broad spectrum bactericide, it does not generate strains of bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics. This may be one of the most significant featres of the New Silver Solution. Over the past several decdes the use of antibiotics has given rise to bacteria that are immune to those antibiotics. Bacterial and viruses multiply thousands of times faster than larger organisms. (Bacterial can reproduce every 20 minutes, 20,000 times as fast as humans). For this reason, they generate more mutations. If a colony of bacteria is treated with an antibiotic that kills nearly all the bacteria, but fails to kill just a few of the mutants, it will be the surviving mutants that multiply and pass on their immunity to new colonies of that bacterium.

The New Silver Solution is reported to be effective for

Abdominal Pain and Diarrhea
Asthma
Bronchitis
Cold Sores
Common Colds
Cuts and Wounds
Diabetic Neuropathy
Diaper and Other Rashes
Ear Aches
Eye Infections
Flu
Food Poisoning and Upset Stomach
Fungus Infections of the feet
Hepatitis B & C
Inflammation of the Joints
Insect Bites
Laryngitis
Malaria
Mastitis
Molds
Periodontal Disease
Ratiation Burns
Sinus Infection
Sore Throat
Sunburn
Thrush
Tonsillitis
Topical use as Disinfectant
Tooth Decay and Pain
Upper Respiratory Tract Infections
Urinaryu Tract Infections
Vaginal Yeast Infection
Water Purification
\General Well-Being

It cured Malaria - with the longest cases taking seven days.

You can order the booklet from Biotools to read up on. That will answer most of your questions in case you are interested. Biotools also carries the ``liquid'' - it is very affordable.
I think the booklet is also available via internet.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymedesign
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8791

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymedesign     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GiGi,

Any personal experience with this??

Has anyone on the board tried this?? Safe for Children??

Posts: 263 | From Georgia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is biotools?
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info, GiGi,

I found info on this from a company called Nutronix... but I'm not certain it's what you are referring to here.

http://www.nutronix.com/txt/products/colloidalsilver.asp?sectionid=1&guid=DA4A7CA8-AA24-4E91-B193-

Also -
are you referring to the booklet by Friedman
or Fisher?

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The product that I believe GiGi is referring to here if it is the same as the last Dr. K conference I went to is here:

http://www.americanbiotechlabs.com/

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

BioTools distributes the KMT microcurrents that is Dr. K's brainchild. They have a few products that Dr. K. uses in his practice, The New Silver being one of them (MicroSilver 10ppm). Some people only need a drop or two!

Of course I have it and use it when needed. I got rid of Lyme Disease a number of years ago, so I do not know about that aspect personally, except what I hear via Dr. K. and people around him. I know it is being tested (ART) and used by certain people.

If you decide to use it, beware that your die-off spills heavy metals and you need to be prepared as I have posted repeatedly! Watching out for Heavy metal spills are a permanent recommendation by Dr. K. no matter what you use to get at the pathogens. (bacteria, virus, fungi, mold, parasites -- all of them are involved with heavy metals if you live on this planet or your mother lived on this planet before she had you).

Mo, yes, Kenneth S. Friedman, PhD is the author of the booklet.I will give you the table of contents:

What is the Difference between a solution and a suspension?
What is the New Silver Solution?
What is Colloidal Silver?
What are the advantages of the new Silver solution?
How does the New Silver Solution Work?
Are there additional Health related applications?
Is the New Silver Solution Effective Against other Pathogens?
What about the toxicity of the New Silver solution?
Are there contra-indicationgs to the New Silver Solution?
Are all Silver Solutions the same?
Have independent tests on the New Silver Solution been Carried out on All Colloidal Silver Protucts?
Are there negatives associated with the new Silver solution?
Does the New Silver Solution harm the Helpful Bacteria in our Intestines?
If the New Silver Solution is so wonderful, why aren't the major drug dompanies already marketing it?
Homeopathic uses of the New Silver Solution
Is the new Silver Solution a breakthrough?

It tells you how many ppm's it took to kill a pathogen of a certain disease. I myself throw all the pathogens into the same bag, because as far as I am concerned, we are dealing with mutations-mutations-mutations!

I hope you take a look at it.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ 23. July 2006, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: pq ]

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanx Gudrun. As always, lots of good info coming from you. I had looked into this a while back and not followed up on it, as it looked like a good product. I first heard about it at a conference where they spoke of it treating malaria pretty effectively (acute malaria).
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My concern, and I'm not saying this lightly, is that this product will not only destroy pathogens, but will, if fact, destroy the beneficial bacteria as well.

I KNOW what can happen when their numbers go down (and they already are in a person who has metabolic acidosis and esp. in persons who have taken abx.).

The good guys multiply FASTER than Bb does.

This is disasterous! The beneficial bacteria are needed for us to absorb nutrients and they make many nutrients for us. We are also supposed to have some yeast IN BALANCE with the beneficial bacteria too.

IF the bowel becomes "sterile"...if you cannot absorb and make nutrients, kiss your neurotransmitters good-bye.

You will ultimately go into severe depression and your cholesterol will plummet. Cholesterol is needed for every cell and it forms the myelin sheath around the nerves. It will be "dumped" to supply the nutrients to TRY to keep you alive. Ultimately you will develop a "leaky gut".

Your defense system will kick in for awhile as fecal sigA will rise. This is secreted by mucosal-associated lymphoid tissue and is the first line of defense of the GI mucosa and is central to the function of the GI as an IMMUNE BARRIER.

So...before you try ANY "alternative" treatment, learn, weigh the risks.

Enderlein was right. It's not the pathogen, it IS the terrain.

"They" are in the process of taking away abx. for the treatment of lyme. This should be pretty obvious. We DO need to scramble to find another way, but...

FIRST DO NO HARM.

Be very, very careful when considering "new" alternative treatments.

LEARN about this mineral at the sites below and others. Then decide.

http://www.lenntech.com/Periodic-chart-elements/Ag-en.htm

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver

and...from an "edu":

http://umbbd.msi.umn.edu/periodic/elements/ag.html

Now, Gi Gi...before you get mad at me...realize I have seen a "silver" woman...it's permanent. So I'm jittery about the ORAL use of silver compounds...a lot.

I have numerous files on the POTENTIAL problems. I simply look at both sides of an issue.

In "favor" of silver, I did find the following which may indicate HOW it is working:

Department of Biochemistry, S.P. Medical College, Bikaner 334 003, India. [email protected]

Three silver preparations (Varak or foil, ash or Raupya bhasma and sol or colloidal solution) were fed to three groups of young, male chicks for 10 days.

There was significant fall in all the plasma lipid fractions--total lipids, phospholipids, triglycerides and total cholesterol.

There was a marked rise in silver content of plasma and whole blood, ranging from 4 to 13 times, suggesting that the observed hypolipidemic action may be due to silver.

The administration of the three silver preparations did not cause any retardation in growth, toxic manifestation, side effect or untoward reaction.

PMID: 15233477 Indian J Exp Biol. 2004 May;42(5):504-7

But...it still makes me very nervous. We might be substituting one heavy metal for another. I don't know how this will "play out" in the long run.

This concerns me:

J Biotechnol. 2006 Apr 10;122(3):372-81. Epub 2006 Jan 30.

Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA. [email protected]

Essentially all bacteria have genes for toxic metal ion resistances and these include those for Ag+, AsO2-, AsO4(3-), Cd2+ Co2+, CrO4(2-), Cu2+, Hg2+, Ni2+, Pb2+, TeO3(2-), Tl+ and Zn2+.

The largest group of resistance systems functions by energy-dependent efflux of toxic ions.

Fewer involve enzymatic transformations (oxidation, reduction, methylation, and demethylation) or metal-binding proteins (for example, metallothionein SmtA, chaperone CopZ and periplasmic silver binding protein SilE).

Some of the efflux resistance systems are ATPases and others are chemiosmotic ion/proton exchangers. For example, Cd2+-efflux pumps of bacteria are either inner membrane P-type ATPases or three polypeptide RND chemiosmotic complexes consisting of an inner membrane pump, a periplasmic-bridging protein and an outer membrane channel.

In addition to the best studied three-polypeptide chemiosmotic system, Czc (Cd2+, Zn2+, and Co2), others are known that efflux Ag+, Cu+, Ni2+, and Zn2+.

Resistance to inorganic mercury, Hg2+ (and to organomercurials, such as CH3Hg+ and phenylmercury) involve a series of metal-binding and membrane transport proteins as well as the enzymes mercuric reductase and organomercurial lyase, which overall convert more toxic to less toxic forms.

Arsenic resistance and metabolizing systems occur in three patterns, the widely-found ars operon that is present in most bacterial genomes and many plasmids, the more recently recognized arr genes for the periplasmic arsenate reductase that functions in anaerobic respiration as a terminal electron acceptor, and the aso genes for the periplasmic arsenite oxidase that functions as an initial electron donor in aerobic resistance to arsenite.

PMID: 1613309

And...

Department of Paediatrics, Children's Burns Unit, and the Institute of Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria. [email protected]

BACKGROUND: Treatment of acute burn wounds with silver sulfadiazine (SSD) has raised concern about potential silver toxicity.

Numerous adverse reactions and side effects have been reported and an

increasing resistance to SSD,

especially in Pseudomonas strains, have motivated researchers to search for an alternative wound dressing.

METHODS: Recently, a silver-coated wound dressing Acticoat (Smith & Nephew, Inc.) has become available for use in burn patients. It is a three-ply dressing, consisting of an inner rayon/polyester absorptive core between two layers of silver-coated, high-density polyethylene mesh.

In a moist environment, the nanocrystals of silver are released and improve the microbial control in the wound. RESULTS: After 1 week of local treatment with Acticoat in a young, previously healthy 17-year-old boy with 30% mixed depth burns, hepatotoxicity and argyria-like symptoms, a grayish discoloration of the patient's face, appeared.

The silver levels in plasma (107 microg/kg) and urine (28 microg/kg) were clearly elevated, as well as the liver enzymes. As soon as the local application of Acticoat was aborted, the clinical symptoms and liver enzymes returned to the normal values.

CONCLUSIONS: This is the first report on silver toxicity in a patient with 30% burns who received Acticoat for local treatment.

Due to substantial experiences with adverse SSD reactions and side effects, it is appropriate to keep the possibility of a toxic silver effect in burn patients treated with Acticoat silver-coated wound dressing in mind.

The silver levels in plasma and/or urine should be monitored.

PMID: 16531870 J Trauma. 2006 Mar;60(3):648-52.

[ 23. July 2006, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Marnie ]

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some abstracts

Scanning Microsc Suppl. 1989;3:109-15.
Related Articles, Links

Structural features of Borrelia burgdorferi--the Lyme disease spirochete: silver staining for nucleic acids.
Garon CF, Dorward DW, Corwin MD.

Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Hamilton, Montana.

Borrelia burgdorferi--the Lyme disease spirochete--was grown in modified Kelly medium and characterized by transmission and by scanning electron microscopy.

Using silver staining procedures which preferentially bind to nuclear components of eukaryotic cells, signal could be detected by backscattered electron imaging throughout the length of the prokaryotic spirochete.

Interestingly, however, the highest levels of backscattered signal were observed in naturally elaborated membrane blebs that were visible attached to cell surfaces and free in the medium .

These membrane vesicles could be enriched by filtration through nitrocellulose or Anopore membranes and by differential centrifugation. The possibility of contaminating cellular DNA coating the membrane vesicles was ruled out by exhaustive digestion with pancreatic DNAse I. Intact DNA was demonstrated both by lysing blebs directly on the surface of microscope grids and by extracting molecules from purified bleb preparation with detergents and solvents. Both linear and circular DNA molecules could be identified in purified membrane blebs.

A simple, one-step, alternative silver staining procedure is described which appears to effectively label the protein-nucleic acid complexes contained in the membrane vesicles of the human pathogen B. burgdorferi, and may provide an important method to track and to define the biological function of these structures.

PMID: 2482525
J Med Microbiol. 1987 May;23(3):261-7.
Related Articles, Links

Demonstration of spirochaetes in patients with Lyme disease with a modified silver stain. De Koning J, Bosma RB, Hoogkamp-Korstanje JA.

Spirochaetes were demonstrated in material from patients with Lyme disease by short-time high-concentrate silver impregnation after treatment with amylase.

Removal of mucoid material was essential to visualise Borrelia burgdorferi. Lyme spirochaetes were demonstrated in material from 23 patients with Lyme disease--erythema chronicum migrans (ECM) 10, lymphadenosis benigna cutis (LABC) 7, arthritis 4 and Bannwarth's syndrome 2 .

Spirochaetes were localised in the subepidermal zone, peri- and intravascularly, and in collagen fibres in ECM and LABC, and beneath the synovial lining cells in arthritis, producing marked vascular changes with fibrosis and synovial hyperplasia. Spirochaetes were also demonstrated in CSF from a patient with Bannwarth's syndrome. PMID: 2438410

Posts: 2708 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Marnie, yes, I have seen the silver woman so many times! Everytime silver comes along for discussion, same old story. Old silver solutions contained up to 300,000 ppm silver. Many people took upwards of one ounce per day. I am not surprised they turned grey. Yet they appear to survive it.

During the plaques that ran across Europe, brought about by similar causes (rats carrying the infections - today it's white mice) rich people gave their children silver spoons to suck on. "Born with a silver spoon in your mouth"?
I remember silver solutions being used as antiseptics and also as an oral or injected antibiotic. The milk was kept fresh by storing it in silver jugs! Farmers were usually the most thrifty people - always. And very wise.

This is the New Silver Solution. A different substance. Expecting these kinds of comments, I suggested it would be wise to dig up all the literature and publications on this before you or anyone nails it into the ground as useless only instilling fear. Contact the Universities who did the research and the EPA who recently approved it for certain use. Contact the independent labs. Hospital in Israel using it. MD's using it successfully for serious problems.

Inform yourself of the facts available now, applicable to this type of silver
before you negate it. Medicine and science is moving along every day - thank God.

Pq, I don't understand what you are trying to say with your post and what it has to do with the New Silver Solution. Sorry.

By the way, I have a healthy supply in our house, am using it, and using it as a prophylactic. Mine is labeled "Everyday Immune System Support" And who knows, we may just need
it really bad some day, in different strengths, if we keep up the destruction of our environment.

Seen any Chemtrails lately?

Take care.

GiGi
Member # 259

Oxygenbabe, because you brought up the subject of Malaria also, I will quote here the section in the small book where all the different conditions and treatments were cited.

"Malaria ---- Malaria is the second leading cause of death by infection on the earth today. Take two teaspoons three times daily, Reports from four African Hospitals noted signs of recovery in about three days and full recovery in an average of just five days, with the longest cases taking seven days. Further testing of the patients blood showed no signs of the Malaria parasite present after treatment."

I wish I had this available years ago when I was spending night after night in bed swimming in sweat, changing gowns and linens several times a night. If I were still to suffer from Babesia, I would certainly give this a good try!

Take care.

pq
Member # 6886

[ 24. July 2006, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: pq ]

pq
Member # 6886

Gigi,

Two things.
the first post was in the "vein" of caveat emptor --buyer beware--of all things commercial, inclu. all makers of silver. the post i made should have been posted separately from this thread, and was NOT meant to "single out" one particular maker of silver-medicinals.

i apologize for the prev. post, and therefore deleted it.

the other posts are in teh "vein" of educational literature, in the sevice of "drilling" deeper into the subject matter of silver-medicinals.

some of the highlighting was in the service of giving others leads to follow up on, and perhaps share their findings.

seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have not thoroughly researched this product at this point, but I have my doubts on its effectiveness against babesia. Basing this on the fact that Argentyn 23 which hubby is currently doing by IV seems to have no effect on babesia. I may be missing something that totally differentiates the products, but don't know at this point.

If anyone tries it and it works, please please let us know.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From my reading so far --

taken in appropriate doses, this compound will not kill "good bacteria" ..
which is intriguing because I am a big believer in the good guys.

Even some of the bad guys are good guys when in balance, we actually need some of them.
It's very important to have the symbiosis.

"it's not the pathogen, it's the terrain" --
I agree!!
Stripping the terrain can cause tremendous problems.

Anywhooo - I'm going to grab the booklet.

Mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
micul
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for micul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

I've been researching silvers tonight and came accross some intersting info about ionic silver solutions, which Argentyn is. Don't know if it's true, but they say that an ionic silver attatches to chloride and becomes useless as silver chloride.

It's hard to find out anything about New Silver. There's almost no tech info on it. I have a suspicion that it is the same as ASAP Silver.

Colloidal silver is made up of tiny nanoparticles of metallic silver. The particles are complete and do not combine with other elements. In its ionic form, silver is highly reactive with other elements, and will readily combine to form compounds. Inside the human body chloride is the most prevalent anion. Silver ions will immediately combine with chloride to form an insoluble compound of silver chloride.

The difference between silver ions and silver particles boils down to the fact that silver ions combine with chloride ions to form silver chloride and silver particles do not.

This simple fact should be kept in mind when reading claims that silver ions are particles. If a silver ion were a particle, it would not combine with chloride. For a more technical discussion about the differences between ions and particles, see Ions, Atoms and Charged Particles.

Why Is This Important?

Silver chloride is a compound that is formed when silver ions combine with chloride ions. It is an insoluble compound which means once it is formed in the human body, it does not dissolve. Silver ions and chloride ions have such a strong attraction for each other that it is almost impossible to keep them apart. Once they find each other, they form the silver chloride compound. All ionic silver will turn into silver chloride once inside the body because of the readily available supply of chloride ions in many different forms.

Silver chloride is an insoluble salt that does not dissolve inside the body once it has formed. Silver chloride is eliminated by the kidneys and expelled through the urine. The authors believe that only the portion of silver content contained in the particles will remain effective in the body

--------------------
You're only a failure when you stop trying.

Posts: 945 | From U.S | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pq
Member # 6886

here are two patent numbers to look up in http://www.uspto.gov.
they're but just two examples of silver medicinals.

This product has a mix of non-sulfur-containing amino acids, and some other acids: 6,838,095

silver tetroxide 5,676,977
this is supposed to "...electrocute..." pathogens
by "firing" an electron upon binding with the microbes.

Brentb is a silver maven,and could refer anyone to many references, technical, and lay lit.

IsThereHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IsThereHope         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best silver can be found here, only use True Colloidal Silver, not ionic.
http://www.purestcolloids.com/mesosilver.htm

A very good demo (zoom in)
http://www.purestcolloids.com/mesoworld.htm

Read this, scroll down to the excell type spread sheet, true colloidal is the way to go
http://www.silver-colloids.com/Reports/reports.html#types

Posts: 121 | From Memphis, TN | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IsThereHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IsThereHope         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, stay away from Ionic and Protien silvers, use True Colloidals. See my above post.
Posts: 121 | From Memphis, TN | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gi Gi...

You said, "Inform yourself of the facts available now, applicable to this type of silver
before you negate it. Medicine and science is moving along every day - thank God."

Well...apparently you didn't bother to read my entire post.

I posted one link that indicated HOW silver might be HELPFUL.

Once again, it follows:

In "favor" of silver, I did find the following which may indicate HOW it is working:

Department of Biochemistry, S.P. Medical College, Bikaner 334 003, India. [email protected]

Three silver preparations (Varak or foil, ash or Raupya bhasma and sol or colloidal solution) were fed to three groups of young, male chicks for 10 days.

There was significant fall in all the plasma lipid fractions--total lipids, phospholipids, triglycerides and total cholesterol.

There was a marked rise in silver content of plasma and whole blood, ranging from 4 to 13 times, suggesting that the observed hypolipidemic action may be due to silver.

The administration of the three silver preparations did not cause any retardation in growth, toxic manifestation, side effect or untoward reaction.

PMID: 15233477 Indian J Exp Biol. 2004 May;42(5):504-7

Since Bb is following the glycolysis AND cholesterol pathways this maybe significant if indeed it reduces cholesterol levels.

But, I believe persons have a right to, and should, evaluate all "alternative" new treatments AFTER they have all the facts from as many sources as possible.

Thus...

Consumer Advisory on Colloidal Silver Products
The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) has issued a consumer advisory of colloidal silver products.

The advisory is available online at http://www.nccam.nih.gov/health/alerts/silver/index.htm.

Colloidal silver products contain tiny silver particles suspended in liquid. They are marketed as dietary supplements and claim to benefit the immune system; kill disease-causing agents such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi; offer an alternative to prescription antibiotics; and treat diseases such as cancer, human immunodeficiency virus, acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, tuberculosis, syphilis, scarlet fever, shingles, herpes, pneumonia, and prostatitis.

These claims have not been proven.

According to the NCCAM, over-the-counter colloidal silver products are not considered by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be generally recognized as safe and effective for diseases and conditions.

The FDA has taken action against a number of companies for making drug-like claims about these products.

Colloidal silver can cause serious side effects. One is argyria, a bluish-gray discoloration of the body. Argyria is not treatable or reversible.

Other side effects include neurologic problems (e.g., seizures), kidney damage, stomach distress, headaches, fatigue, and skin irritation. In addition, colloidal silver may interfere with the body's absorption of prescription medications, including penicillamine, quinolones, tetracyclines, and thyroxine.

(May 14, 2004
Consumer Advisory)

Anyone here remember gold shots for arthritis? Didn't work.

Department of Paediatrics, Children's Burns Unit, and the Institute of Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria. [email protected]

BACKGROUND: Treatment of acute burn wounds with silver sulfadiazine (SSD) has raised concern about potential silver toxicity.

Numerous adverse reactions and side effects have been reported and an increasing resistance to SSD, especially in Pseudomonas strains, have motivated researchers to search for an alternative wound dressing.

METHODS: Recently, a silver-coated wound dressing Acticoat (Smith & Nephew, Inc.) has become available for use in burn patients.

It is a three-ply dressing, consisting of an inner rayon/polyester absorptive core between two layers of silver-coated, high-density polyethylene mesh.

In a moist environment, the nanocrystals of silver are released and improve the microbial control in the wound.

RESULTS: After 1 week of local treatment with Acticoat in a young, previously healthy 17-year-old boy with 30% mixed depth burns, hepatotoxicity and argyria-like symptoms, a grayish discoloration of the patient's face, appeared.

The silver levels in plasma (107 microg/kg) and urine (28 microg/kg) were clearly elevated, as well as the liver enzymes. As soon as the local application of Acticoat was aborted, the clinical symptoms and liver enzymes returned to the normal values.

CONCLUSIONS: This is the first report on silver toxicity in a patient with 30% burns who received Acticoat for local treatment. Due to substantial experiences with adverse SSD reactions and side effects, it is appropriate to keep the possibility of a toxic silver effect in burn patients treated with Acticoat silver-coated wound dressing in mind.

The silver levels in plasma and/or urine should be monitored.

PMID: 16531870 J Trauma. 2006 Mar;60(3):648-52.

In this study, we asked the question of whether cells in 3D culture cope more effectively with cytotoxic agents than cells in 2D. The sensitivities of human skin cells (keratinocytes, dermal fibroblasts and endothelial cells) to oxidative stress (hydrogen peroxide) and to a

potentially toxic heavy metal (silver)

when cultured under 2D and 3D conditions were investigated. The results show a marked resistance of cells to a given dose of hydrogen peroxide or silver nitrate causing a

50% loss of viability in 3D cultures,

when compared to the same cells grown in 2D.

J Biotechnol. 2006 Apr 10;122(3):372-81. Epub 2006 Jan 30.

Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60612, USA. [email protected]

Essentially all bacteria have genes for toxic metal ion resistances and these include those for Ag+, AsO2-, AsO4(3-), Cd2+ Co2+, CrO4(2-), Cu2+, Hg2+, Ni2+, Pb2+, TeO3(2-), Tl+ and Zn2+.

The largest group of resistance systems functions by energy-dependent efflux of toxic ions.

Fewer involve enzymatic transformations (oxidation, reduction, methylation, and demethylation) or metal-binding proteins (for example, metallothionein SmtA, chaperone CopZ and periplasmic silver binding protein SilE).

Some of the efflux resistance systems are ATPases and others are chemiosmotic ion/proton exchangers. For example, Cd2+-efflux pumps of bacteria are either inner membrane P-type ATPases or three polypeptide RND chemiosmotic complexes consisting of an inner membrane pump, a periplasmic-bridging protein and an outer membrane channel.

In addition to the best studied three-polypeptide chemiosmotic system, Czc (Cd2+, Zn2+, and Co2), others are known that efflux Ag+, Cu+, Ni2+, and Zn2+.

Resistance to inorganic mercury, Hg2+ (and to organomercurials, such as CH3Hg+ and phenylmercury) involve a series of metal-binding and membrane transport proteins as well as the enzymes mercuric reductase and organomercurial lyase, which overall convert more toxic to less toxic forms.

Arsenic resistance and metabolizing systems occur in three patterns, the widely-found ars operon that is present in most bacterial genomes and many plasmids, the more recently recognized arr genes for the periplasmic arsenate reductase that functions in anaerobic respiration as a terminal electron acceptor, and the aso genes for the periplasmic arsenite oxidase that functions as an initial electron donor in aerobic resistance to arsenite.

PMID: 1613309

J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol. 2005 Dec;32(11-12):587-605. Epub 2005 Oct 12.

Rethink tattoos:
PMID: 15776190

Adding to bone joint cement (recent)

CONCLUSIONS: If these promising in vitro results can be confirmed in vivo, NanoSilver bone cement may be of considerable value in total joint arthroplasty.

PMID: 15241590

Above in vitro is not in vivo..in vitro is in a lab dish, in vivo is in the body. Time will tell.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karatelady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karatelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My understanding is that this silver is one of the best ones - I think Brentb uses it:

http://www.silver100.com/

Silver 100 Ionic Silver Complex Silver 100� Ionic Silver Complex with Opti-Silver� is the state-of-the-art technology for delivering silver ions to the body. It is designed to surpass all other forms of silver in performance, efficiency, purity, consistency and stability. It has gained the reputation for being the leading-edge product in the field by health professionals, retailers and users
------------------------------------
Now this is an ionic silver but you guys are saying to stay away from it?

Sandy

Posts: 686 | From Northeast Georgia | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brentb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by karatelady:

------------------------------------
Now this is an ionic silver but you guys are saying to stay away from it?

Sandy

Invision100 is a silver molecule complexed with potassium and citrate. (100 ppm) While it's true that what kills pathogens is the ions of silver (why it's great for mouthwashes and cleaning wounds) it's also true that anything with a charge will soon find a way to stabilize itself. Namely bind with chloride as posted earlier...I've read six seconds is the time frame.
The goal is to deliver a stable silver molecule that releases it's ion when in it comes into contact with a pathogen. For me it's been a great product but I also use MSP for another problem. Can't repeat enough...start slowly, like a few drops.
With that said the African studies on malaria were done by ASAP which I believe is a standard silver nanoparticle solution so apparently they all have benefits.
As far as toxicity I've been on CS and MSP for about two years and the invision100 for about 4 mos.

Posts: 731 | From Humble,TX | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

"I've been on CS and MSP for about two years and the invision100 for about 4 mos."

for about two years? And not cured?

That said...Brent, when I mentioned CoQ10 as helpful (many months ago)...instead of someone dosing it correctly, he figured he'd knock out as many Bb as possible with one fell swoop and took the ENTIRE bottle of CoQ10! Geeze Louise!

He had one MAJOR HEADACHE...needless to say.

This is my fear. PLEASE...NO DISRESPECT intended!...lyme patients...many...can't think straight...as they used to...BECAUSE OF THIS DISEASE.

This worries me. A lot.

People think if 2 drops is good...I'll take 10 drops...

NO NO NO.

brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brentb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marnie:
"I've been on CS and MSP for about two years and the invision100 for about 4 mos."

for about two years? And not cured?

People think if 2 drops is good...I'll take 10 drops...

I'm fighting strep biofilms with possible bone infection from a subdural empyema. I've also tried long term Vanc and Gentamycin and other abx before silver for years to no avail. It's an incurable disease...perhaps.In any case borrelia is much easier to erradicate.

As to taking too much I did state to start slowly but I'll repeat it again...start slowly, the initial killoff is nasty.Best thing to do is go find a naturopath.

[ 25. July 2006, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: brentb ]

Posts: 731 | From Humble,TX | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement