LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Hope Is What I Share With You All!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hope Is What I Share With You All!
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This post was intended for all the suffering eyes who gather here daily for some light of hope to carry them through yet another day of torment. I say this because this is what we feel, this is the name we have all given the experience we endure.

If we were to reach deaply into our souls and demand the inner strength that dwells within us all, then we would not see this experience as torture, but just an experience in itself. For every situation we give a name, that name we staple to our issue also carrys with it, (feelings), feelings that destroy us from within, and deprive us of our happiness.

I wonder though....If we were to title these situations with different words, would we feel more complete, stronger, wiser, alive? The answer is, YES! Do you and I have to suffer from Lyme, Yeast, CFS, Fybro, Etc, or can we be living with it instead, dealing with it for now, coping with it, moving through the storm, one dark cloud at a time? YES!

I dont know who you are, where you live, if you are married, or alone, but what I do know is this...You and I, absolutely determine the outcome of our setbacks, we do! I dont know if you have hugs and kisses in your life, or a passion for anything other than to survive, and that can seem nearly impossible some days.

I know the curse of not caring for anything, losing hope, living for nothing it seems, hoping for a swift death at times, to remove you from the pain you have carried for so long. But think of this if you will. The germs in your body can read your mind, hear you speak, read your types and writings...Ok.....

Now that you know this, what will you type, write, speak, feel for now on? I can tell you exactly what you will, and are going to do, yes, I can....

You dirty ******* germs! You have invaded my life, violated the sanctity of my lair, made me to look as a fool when I lose brain functions, cause those to ridicule me when I move slowly, destroyed a happy relationship I once lived, setback my career, broken my will, bankrupted my finances, stolen my abilities to be a happy and productive human being.

Hear my words, read my writings, feel my heart oh enemy within me, for I am speaking to you in many forms.

I am going to kill you off! Thats right, I will kill you, one by one if needed, but I will be a victor over you. I will feel you die within me, your screams and cries will not go unheard, and yet, I will not feel pity for you, but I shall rejoice in and laugh at your demise!

I will cast you out from my body in all ways, I will consume all vital materials to aid in my destruction of you, you will not be able to escape my wrath, as science and medicine has given me the edge over you, to defeat you, I will!

My body will regain its normal functions, fight harder, become more powerful against you, but you will have no where to flee, death is certain for you! I will show no mercy to your suffering, as I wipe you out by the thousands, reloading my armies daily to wage an unforgiving war against you.

When I feel I am strong again, I will continue my onslaught and watch you die off horribly, and yet, I will smile and be happy in my heart that you are dead! Do you hear me, oh germs within me, for I am shouting from the depth of my soul, I will kill you, and you will leave my body forever, and I will work all the days of my restored healthy life, with many others, to find a way to defeat your armies forever, never again allowing you to invade the human spirit!

I am bigger than anything you germs can throw at me, I am wiser, I am devoted, I am a human being, comprised of love, hope, charity, kindness, forgiveness, but none of these I hold dear to you oh germs, you have brought out the fighting spirit in me, and I will prevail!

Your days are numbered, and I will starve you, hurt you, bleed you, crush you into obilvion, scorn you, laugh at you while you perish, you *******s, die now, today, and forever more!

This is what you will say! So say it today, now and everyday! Put on your uniform, for you are at war, take no prisoners, burn the enemy alive, kill them off, these germs that cause you to be ill, kill them off today!

Lyme is a disease, not a death sentence for us, but for them!

Reach through the darkness of night, reach far, keep stretching, your almost there, see it, see it?????

The bright day of tomorrow!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is not far fetched. This "visualization" and affirmation techniques are taught to children to HELP them to fight cancer too.

They are taught to "see" their own cells destroy cancer cells.

I do believe the mind is powerful and is ONE tool we can indeed use to fight.

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Rob [Cool]

Lyme warriors unite!

Fight fight fight!

Never lose hope as long as there is life-fight!

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob,

[woohoo]

Last night, I saw your other inspiring post before I went to sleep, and this morning I see you are still fired up with determination and enthusiasm.

Thanks for helping keep us thinking positively.

I agree with the post that visualization is a tool that has been used now for decades, especially in cancer support groups. I used it years ago during chronic fatigue syndrome.

I know each of us comes from various points-of-view regarding faith, religion, spirituality, positive thinking, etc.

Fortunately, there are many sources one can turn to, ranging from healing scriptures in the Bible, to positive thinking spiritual groups, to affirmations and self-empowerment books.

I've been collecting some things that work for me and are consistent with my belief system, I read and speak them.

One of the lessons I learned from previous chronic illness is that for me, the loss of control over my own body and destiny was the hardest part of the situation. So anything I can do - even the smallest gesture - to regain a sense of control has helped me immensely.

That's why I study the diseases I'm dealing with to understand them and then have more control by making decisions about treatment.

It's also why anything that reminds me of my previously normal routine - even if it's just going to store I used to enjoy shopping in - makes me feel more in control.

Anyway, enough of my two-cents' worth.

Keep up the good work!
Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Daisy*
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Daisy*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great post Rob

I think it is important to keep a positive attitude as well. I say things like this all of the time, and out loud too, seems to make a difference to me.

I also tell the devil out loud that he can stand behind me, I will not fall for his tricks, I will not be deceived into thinking I am hopeless or alone. It is very important to say this out loud.

Thanks for your inspiring words today. It is so important to hear these things from fellow people LIVING with lyme. I'll try to remember tp pass this favor along. [Smile]

Hey Rob, [kiss]

--------------------
Daisy

Posts: 122 | From at the computer | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ashleygait
Member # 10398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ashleygait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go Rob!!! [woohoo]
Posts: 77 | From New York | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always thought holding on to hope has been critical to get me this far.

If I believed all those ding dongs that told me chronic lyme your a lost cause - a throw away - I would be in a whell chair or dead.

Not only do we have to keep hope alive in the face of all the obsticales (sp?) and trauma of the disease.... but the legion of idiot ducks quacking on how we will never get well.

Great post Rob! I hope this means you are doing better these days.

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MysteryGirl44
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MysteryGirl44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was deep.

I agree with you. I could just feel your passion as I was reading that.

P.S. you're a fantastic writer!

--------------------
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."

www.myspace.com/lymediseaseawareness

Posts: 514 | From New Jersey | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rob,
your post is so touching, brought tears to my eyes and a warmth to my heart.

Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cordor
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9449

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cordor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Rob for those words and those thoughts. Really touched my heart....and gave me back a little of my fight again.

--------------------
Corinne

Posts: 529 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Radha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8464

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Radha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great post rob, thanks for your encouragement!
radha

Posts: 392 | From New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the kind words. I am just speaking from the soul!

BostonLyme2005
Unregistered

Dont ever lose sight of your goal to be healthy once again. We all hear of prople making it through the Lyme storm, and so will we!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement