LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Feeling you're finally winning the battle?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feeling you're finally winning the battle?
hardynaka
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would just like to post a positive thing here. It's been days I only read awful things, I start to feel depressed! [bonk]

I'm only using 4 andrographis pills a day plus 40 drops of teasel tincture at once at night. It's the first time since I started treating last December that I take so few lyme killers! And it's working. So far, I don't feel borrelia is coming back in 'revenge' like before.

I'm still chelating metals, still tough doing that, but things are more manageable now after 8-9 months of chelation experience. I'm a chlorella addict, now on 90 small pills a day!!

I start to feel I finally got it, this nasty borrelia is finally losing ground! It seems I only have it in my brain (ART tested). My whole body is free of it! Even if it's ONLY for the moment, and that it may come back one day, for someone who had it everywhere, joints, intestines, heart, liver, vertebral column, etc, well "ONLY in the brain" sounds wonderful!! [Wink]

I'm still amazed to see how, when we get the right medicine/ treatment, how life can turn from hell to normal in so little time!!

I'm still fighting fungal infections on the skin (I had some of these before I caught lyme, every winter) and it seems bartonella is back again though.

Since I know I have bartonella again, well, I'm using the lyme program against bartonella (KMT), it's working! I have the impression this bartonela is not as tough as borrelia... Well, let's see in the near future.

I can feel light in the end of the tunel now! I don't say I see light in the end of the tunnel, but I say I feel there's light somewhere!

During my worst phases, I couldn't do anything, even cook or shop. Everything was an extreme burden to do. After, I started being able to do some things, but it was still a burden.

Then I started doing things, and it didn't feel a burden, but I needed some rest in between. Then, I skipped the rest.

Recently, I started doing things again by pleasure, which is again something else. It's not only 'I can do', but 'I want to do, I crave doing!'

I started inviting friends I had almost lost contact (I received no guests for more than a year!!).

The quality of relationship with my daughter is also much better now that I don't have to save every breath I take. I even start to have a faint hope I could be pregnant again one day.

I started gaining weight for the first time since I fell sick last year. Many positive things happening at once lately!

I hope I won't have a fall back though! No one knows with this disease.

Just sending good vibes to everyone too!

Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea Selma!

You have been such an inspiration to me and I am sure many others.

You are proof positive we can get well!

It is unfortunate that our chats are mostly like the news, focused on only bad stuff. Lots of good healing going on as well.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Selma, your note sounds great.

"I'm still fighting fungal infections on the skin (I had some of these before I caught lyme, every winter) and it seems bartonella is back again though"

And I am sure that once you reduce the metal load more, the fungus will also disappear. The fungus is there because of the metals also. Metals gone = fungus gone. And you most likely had the heavy metals before you caught Lyme. That's why you had some fungal problems before Lyme, as you say.

You are doing great - wonderful. And it is so nice to hear.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Susan, hope you'll get the nasty metals off too! I hope you don't suffer as much as I do. I'm convinced, like Gigi said, that they're linked to my fungal infections.

Yes, the more I'm in the 'good days/ weeks', the more I believe I'm beating this disease. Slowly, but steady!

And Gigi, I'm so grateful to you, always. You were my inspiration!

I'm pretty sure the metals are linked to fungal infections. Every time I chelate, if I take longer to take my chlorella dose, I SEE the funghi growing!! I feel it growing EXACTLY like when I eat something too sweet.

I'm taking now chlorella 6 times a day! Then my life goes on pretty okay.

The metals cause fatigue, some lung pressure AND clear worsening of my skin funghi. I feel these chelators also displace my fungal infections, now they're not too nasty in my feet, but I had a bit on my hands for the first time in my life.

When I take chlorella, the metal poisoning symptoms go down rather fast, and the awful skin infection calms down (gets less red and achy). I'm pretty convinced of the close relationship (in my case) of metals and funghi!

Gotta go to bed now, it's pretty late here.

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Selma

So glad things are getting better for you. Its great that you found a regiment that works for you and you are getting your life back.

Thank You for sharing your progress with us.

Wishing you continues healing. [Smile]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annxyz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9097

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Annxyz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Selma, WHAT are you using for chelation?

--------------------
ANNXYZ

Posts: 744 | From Mineola | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave6002
Member # 9064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave6002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, so far. I agree that chlorella is good for Lyme.
Posts: 1078 | From Fairland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Selma, Thanks for your inspiration and information!
I am really glad to hear it and wish you better & better days -- Ella [Smile]

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Selma, I know you are in bed now ------ but if you come back here tomorrow - have you looked up, heard of, all the good stuff that is happening with Galactose. All of it very recent - being used for about two years in practice. Readily available to you in Konstanz. If you want to e-mail me, do; I have the research in German, some in English. Also ask S. if you see her again. It really does some amazing things, using it short-term, for chronic situations/damage done where the body has a tough time fighting its way out of it.

Take care.

I had posted the Galactose info here, but pulled it for a number of reasons. People want to hear abx. I don't.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Selma I'm almost 95% symptoms free after years on abxs..and you are right once you have the "right" medication , the improvement is somehow "fast"...
To add more to my post, there were months when I was getting worse and sicker even thought I was on abxs.... I was not treating/taking abxs for co-infections.....

Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymeblue, what was the "right" one for you? Just curious.

Husband has been through so many, and is going to try the mino next and still do the flagyl pulses.

I wish more people would post success stories, and what ABX helped them the most.

Brain fog....what worked the best for you?

take care.

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarenB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KarenB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Selma,

How I love to hear good news.

I know I have a long road ahead of me but you just gave me even more reason to keep going.

I want my life back just like you.

So happy to hear you are doing so well.

Continue to feel better every day and keep posting with good news.

Happy Holidays to you

karen

Posts: 151 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boomerang for me brain fog together with other sx( twitches/RLS/numbness) went away the first time with Questran (neurotoxins) and levaquin (bartonella)..then "slightly brain fog" came back months after completing/stopping this protocol.

And was placed again only on levaquin....again sharp as razor!!!.

Remember at this point for me "achievement" means 100% symptoms free even thought I still take medications, which I feel I have accomplished at this point.

The next "achievemen" for me would be to keep all the symptoms away with only supplements or natural approach-medications...

Hope by Jan or Feb I can try this approach.

Babbesia has been very bad for me...she loves my body..hope she never comes back after all I've tied for it: Mepron/Biaxin XL/plaquenil then Mepron/Zithro artemisia the latest: Larian/Malarone...

Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clairenotes
Member # 10392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clairenotes         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting positive news. We really need to hear about the successes. Have been following you posts, too.

I am doing well also since starting some new protocols. I really feel like the light at the end of the tunnel is closer and brighter. Will post separately on this later.

Best wishes.

Claire

Posts: 1111 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear you are having more good days!!

And you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. That's fantastic [Smile]

We may lose a battle now & then but no way are we going to lose the war! Hoping you continue to have improvments!

You keep fighting & again I am so happy for you [Smile]

Blessing,
Dana

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susan2health
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susan2health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Selma,

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm genuinely glad for you and hopeful for me.

I'm with GiGi on abx. It didn't do any favors for me.

Onward, upward!

Susan

Posts: 233 | From United States | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Everybody, thanks for your kind posts!

I've been a bit busy these last days. Sorry for the delay in aswering. I'm mostly on the yahoo Buhner's forum now.

Jennifer: I'm on Dr. K's 'protocol', seeing one of his followers in Germany. So I used chlorella, NDF, Phospholipid Exchange, Cilantro tincture so far. I'm still 100% in 'chelation' now.

Dave, Buhner wrote me and said that to add chlorella to his herbs is an excellent idea! It's my wonder herb, together with andrographis. Thanks to Gigi and my naturopath!

Gigi, no idea about galactose... What is that? I'll send you an email...

Lymeblue, [woohoo] for you too!! Great news!
Me too, success means to be without any lyme killers (for me, without any herbs as I never really took abx). We'll make it one day, I'm SURE!!!

Me too, I had an awful babesia, handicapping. It went out (so far, at least) with very little treatment though. I believe few drops of PC-Noni hit it together with the KMT sessions. Again, right treatment meant fast improvement. It doesn't mean it will work for all, but it worked for me so far. KNOCK ON WOOD, I hate babesia!!! [bonk]

Dana, [group hug] , keep on fighting the battles! I'm still fighting them too!!

Many of you have been an inspiration for me and a great support during my worst months. Lots of good thoughts for you that still suffer so much.

I'm trying now to heal of the phychological drama that lyme caused to me and my family. It's a deep wound. I still can't hear a story of someone who's terribly sick without falling in tears. No matter where I am. It's embarassing. My heart is with all of you.

I'm reading a great book about 'phsychology' and immune system. Positive thoughts, positive feelings can ONLY help.

[group hug]

Selma

scottie
Member # 9956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scottie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the Lyme Programs 'KMT'? I've not heard of this. Thanks
Posts: 90 | From massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5dana8
Member # 7935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5dana8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Scottie

here's a link on the KMT Machine:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=049494

There are alot of other threads on this topic up in search.
Click on search at the top of the page-
type in your topic-
click on medical-
type in your password & go.

hope this helps [Smile]

--------------------
5dana8

Posts: 4432 | From some where over the rainbow | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Selma, do a search here on Galactose. It is a substance, a sugar, most sick people are devoid in due to the prolonged stress of trying to heal. It is an amazing and accidental discovery that is very new and used in practice in Germany with incredible results in many different diseases. I have posted some of the case histories.

Take care.

[ 25. December 2006, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: GiGi ]

Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info Lymeblue. Hubby took Questran for a about a month, I think. I keep trying to push the "clean the body" thing to him.

Hope all of you are feeling better and had a good Christmas.

Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement