LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » UPDATE! Microcurrent for pain relief

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UPDATE! Microcurrent for pain relief
luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just began working with a local chiropractor. His x-rays showed some minor bone spurs in my neck and to disolve these spurs he used microcurrent on me. The first day he did this, he focused on the neck. That was on a Friday.
I felt fatigue that day and some increased pain over the weekend that could be contributed to the microcurrent or just to RA flares. Always hard to be sure.

When I returned to his office on Monday, I was in the strongest flare I have had in over a year. My left wrist which has been problematic ever since I began chelation 2 mths earlier was extremely painful and swollen. Other joints were hurting too.

This time he changed the way he used the microcurrent on me and he used multiple frequencies. The process is painless and very comfortable as you lay on a table with blankets over you. The session lasts 30 mins. After 15 mins, my pain in my hands was greatly reduced. After 30 mins, it was gone.

When I came in I couldn't hold a hairbrush with my left hand. When we were done, I was able to grab a handful of wet towels and place them in the bin. The difference was obvious and extreme.

The painfree feeling remained the rest of the day and into the night. I awoke the next morning with some swelling and stiffness like most mornings, so it was not permanent. The articles below indicate 6 sessions to heal soft tissue injuries. RA, of course, is not a soft tissue injury and no claims specific to RA are made. However, it does talk of chelating metals and toxins and of healing on a cellular level. I have babesia which is a parasite living within your red blood cells. I hope this microcurrent can kill this parasite which should aid in my healing. Heck, I hope it can kill Lyme and Strep and any other microbe in me.

I have below two links about this technology. Frequency Specific Microcurrent is FDA approved for pain relief.

In one of the two articles, it does claim to clear toxins from bacteria and for me, I feel this could be what gave me pain relief. All swelling disappeared from my wrist and fingers.

It is very safe and relatively inexpensive (25.00 for 30 mins) which is less than a massage.

One other unexpected result I received tells me this thing works on my immune system in some way.

1 week ago, my rheumatologist/lyme doctor gave me a TB test injection in my right arm and a control yeast test in my left arm. Two days later, my family physician (locallly located) checked the results of the 2 tests and both were negative to any reaction.

No reaction to TB = good thing.
No reaction to Yeast = flat immune system. Dr. wanted a reaction.

On Monday afternoon, after my 2nd microcurrent and almost 1 week after the injections, I observed a bright red tiny welt on my left arm that looked like a mosquito bite but it wasn't itchy. It was at the exact injection site of my yeast test. I believe my immune system finally responded to the yeast.

The chiropractor says this microcurrent heals at the cellular level. I don't understand all the science but I am very impressed at the pain relief and the yeast reaction.

I'm willing to try anything as long as it is safe and this claims to be very safe.

Here are two websites:

http://pages.prodigy.net/naturedoctor/microcurrent.html

http://www.frequencyspecific.com/

Has anyone else here tried it or even heard of it?

I just want to pass on whatever has worked for me.

Luvs

[ 01. July 2007, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: luvs2ride ]

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hshbmom
Member # 9478

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hshbmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

My daughter recently went to physical therapy and also saw a chiropractor. She has Lyme, bartonella, and a seizure-like movement disorder.

I don't know if this treatment is similar to what you're talking about, but my daughter had an odd responce to electrical muscle stimulation (EMS).

She said it made her feel like she was going to have a seizure...she started twitching all over. This lasted off & on for at least 30 minutes after her appointment.

The chiropractor was not surprised she had so much twitching. He said the only people he won't use EMS on is cancer patients.

I found a sentence on p. 29 of Dr. B's current treatment guidelines concerning physical therapy. He said ice and electrical muscle stimulation are 2 treatment methods that should not be used on Lyme patients unless specifically ordered by their LLMD.

The title of page 29 is Lyme Rehab-Physical Therapy Prescription.

I didn't know this before her first appointment. She did not like this and has not done it since.

Northstar, what is KMT?

Posts: 1672 | From AL/WV/OH | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The particular device in the link is used by one of our local chiropractors. I have never used one myself, but someone I know got rid of his shingles quickly using one. There are actually several different types that work in different ways.

This one uses specific frequencies similar to a Rife machine only using a very small amount of current.

http://www.frequencyspecific.com/index.htm

Many of these devices are in wide use by athletes for physical therapy.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, DBergy has it right.

This chiropractor works with a lot of lyme patients here in Roanoke. He isn't an LLMD and doesn't bill himself as one but he works with each patient's LLMD as an adjunct.

I knew he had the KMT and when he first spoke of microcurrent I asked if he meant the KMT. He said no. He hadn't had very good results with the KMT, but he was seeing good results with the microcurrent. He gave a description of the difference but I swear I can't remember what he said.

He told me up front you will either see a difference right away or no difference at all.

For me the results were dramatic and I am eager to have my next session today. I just wanted to pass this on. It is worth a try. It is especially good for fibromyalgia. Shingles too.

And yes, it is widely used in the professional sports world.

Luvs

--------------------

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Had my second session today and came away painfree again. As of 10:22pm, I still have a bucket load of energy. In fact, a little too much right now. I need to get some sleep.

The literature says with each session the good effects will last longer and longer. I am anxious to see how I feel tomorrow.

Luvs

--------------------

D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep us posted on your progress. I am interested in the potential of this treatment.

Thank you.

D Bergy

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used Micro Current Therapy quite frequently for pain and healing during the earlier months of my treatment to relieve jaw and head pain. It was a godsend and always brought immediate relief. I too was told its effects are cumulative and promote healing. I'd say I did 12 or so sessions.

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

So far, the pain relief only seems to last the day. By the next morning pain is up again.

The energy level and mental sharpness though do seem to be lasting so far.

I get my 4th treatment tomorrow.

Luvs

--------------------

oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone in NY use one? I'd like to heal my toe fracture (it was a complicated fracture) faster. I have an Exogen sound device that is really cool, but I'm interested in this. If you know anyone in NY who has one, PM me.
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

If you go to the site it has a "find a practitioner"
feature. You should be able to find someone near you.

http://www.frequencyspecific.com/index.htm

D Bergy

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Update

This frequency specific microcurrent machine is not Rife and it is not KMT although I am not qualified to tell you how it differs.

My chiropractor is using it on me for rheumatoid arthritis pain throughout my body and for a bone spur in my neck. I have had 4 treatments so far and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!!! [Eek!]

The first treatment I was in really severe pain that has been growing since a 2nd tickbite. 30 mins of microcurrent and I left his office painfree.

The 2nd treatment, I left painfree and full of energy. Before that I was flat out fatigued since the tickbite (see some previous posts of mine). The energy level has remained up and running and it has been 6 days since 2nd treatment. The joint pain returned within 24 hrs after both 1st, 2nd & 3rd treatment. I had 4 treatment yesterday morning and awoke this morning still painfree. As of right now, I am still painfree.

[bow] microcurrent [bow]

Luvs

--------------------

lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was told 8 consecutive weekly sessions would typically resolve the issue... sounds like you're well on your way!!

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

8 weeks to cure Rheum. Arthritis. Wouldn't that be lovely?

Still, microcurrent is best used for muscle and nerve pain. It doesn't make any claims about joint pain and yet it is helping my joint pain. How much better and faster would it help all of you with muscle pain?

--------------------

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting, Luvs....

Did it help your neck, too?

Is there a limit to the number of times you can do this..... or is it something you can do periodically with no negative effects?

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luvs, next time you go see this chiro, could you write down the name on the machine (and a model number if one is obvious)?

"Microcurrent" is a common term these days, so I'd like to know what you are using before I check with anyone locally to see if they use something similar.

Thanks -

Tracy

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having used the KMT for years now, I learned a bit about microcurrent, because KMT uses microcurrent. (Rife machines do not)

The word "micro" refers to the usage of low amperage in this class of instrument. Voltage is the tension that exists between two electric poles, amperage is the actual current and energy that flows during a specific application.

Small currents activate tissues; larger currents block or sedate tissues.
DC current (steady flow) has other biological effects than the alternativing currents as used in the KMT technology.

When a current is pulsed, a multitude of biological effects can be achieved - dependent on the frequency, shape of the wave, pauses between the waves, length of the individual wave and variation of other parameters.

Microcurrent has been shown to increase intracellular ATP levels, dissolve deep scar tissue, trigger the formation and release of numerous growth factors and stimulate new nerve growth and tissue healing.

In the KMT technology, Dr. K. has focused on the vasoldilation of lymph and blood vessels, downregulation of the sympathetic nervous system, microbial growth inhibition and toxin mobilizing effects.

Referring to the KMT 24 which I have used for a long time, the instrument is a sophisticated mini computer with carefully selected frequencies, sequences, wave characteristics and amperage.

Most programs in the KMT are using microbial inhibition frequencies which were developed during the Genome project. Some frequencies are common knowledge and published in various journals; some frequencies are proprietary.
The different instruments have been expanded from prior models to include more frequency packages.

1. metal mobilization, Borrelia burg, Bartonella
2. metal mobilization, Babesia microti, several other strains of Babesia
3. metal mobilization and gastrointestinal support - parasites and most bowl pathogens
4. metal mobilization and brain clarity; herpes family, chlamydia species, mycoplasma, tuberculosis, strep, borrelia, etc.
5. metal mobilization and chlamydia, mycoplasma, toxoplasmosis
6. metal mobilization and fungi and molds

The thinking behind all this is:

Microbes set up their housekeeping in the matrix in areas which have become toxic. These areas are not patrolled by the cells of the immune system who are equally vulnerable to toxic substances as other healthy cells of the organisms are.

Many microbes have learned to live and flourish in the presence of high levels of toxins.

Microbial by-products (and toxic metals) act as haptens: they attach themselves to the cell wall and mark this cell for the host's immune system as foreign. This cell will become a target for the immune system and will be attacked. This is the base for most or all auto-immune diseases.

Luvs, it sounds to me, from my own experience years ago, that with the treatment you are getting, you are mobilizing heavy metals and more, which is a good thing. But I hope you use some of the mop-up agents I have often posted about to avoid redistribution of the toxins/heavy metals into other body compartments.

Take care.

(Info from my own treatment and tutoring by Dr. K. who is very active in the rapidly growing field and world of Energy Medicine. He is a consultant, honorary professor and member of the esteemed DGEIM (Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Energy and Information Medicine).)

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardynaka
Member # 8099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardynaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luvs, if you get cured from RA so fast, wow, I guess that would mean it was not borrelia the cause??

The KMT is not practical to be used in the practioner's office, as programs last too long.

I also had amazing experiences with it in my knee, but I can't say it cured me so far. I know it's long term thing.

I don't feel arthritic pain, except when I herx now... [Frown] I was pain free for ages but since my last reinfection, I got the pain back again, light but there... Now no more pain, but I feel arthritic herxes sometimes.

I do hope you'll be freeing metals from your joints, as Gigi says. I'm sure my joints still have lots of metals, and I'm convinced of the relation between metal load and pathogens now.

Good luck, keep us posted!
Selma

Posts: 1086 | From Switzerland | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Yes GiGi, you have it right about how the microcurrent works and yes, I do recall the chiropractor saying this will dump metals fast. No matter how much I go to the bathroom before the session, I am always busting a gut to get to the bathroom by the end of the 30 min session.

Hardy, I was kind of kidding about being cured of RA in 8 weeks although I certainly do believe I am going to be cured. I am doing everything in my power to kill bacteria (mostly natural) and establish and maintain a hostile environment to microbes and cancers.

Since I have just begun to work with an ILADS LLMD, I expect some drugs to be added to the mix. However, I know this doctor also does alot of alternative work. I'm hoping she will help me keep the abx to a minimum.

I can't believe this microcurrent machine. Here I sit on the evening of day 3. I have just had one heck of a physical Sunday. My kids, my husband and I moved and set up a large steel corral after which my husband and I loaded up our two horses and hauled over to a local trail and rode for a few hours. And I still feel good with very minimal pain in my wrists and ankles.

No bets on how I will feel tomorrow though. I must have climbed in and out of the back of our pick up truck a dozen times today.

Due to an upcoming hectic two weeks, I did not schedule any appts with the chiropractor. I think I will change my mind on that one though. All the literature says microcurrent results build with each session and if I wait two weeks it may be like starting over.

Truth, I really have no other information than the website www.frequencyspecific.com. This website is the doctor who developed this program. She didn't invent it, I think another doctor did that long ago , but then it never took off. She is the one who developed and got FDA approval.

When I see my doctor again I will ask him the model, etc. But it does say on her website that you can't purchase it unless you are trained on its use.

GiGi, how on earth do you retain so much knowledge? You are incredible. Thanks for the reminder about the mop up agents. I am on chlorella and garlic.

Luvs

--------------------

luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Truth,

My neck gave me problems for years before any known lyme. I had a bad whiplash incident in my early 30's and over time I developed neck problems. I'm so used to the pain and disfunction of this neck, most of the time I don't even think to mention it.

He is specifically trying to disolve a small bone spur in my neck. He is also doing chiropractic work and my neck is improving but still problematic.

The pain relief I am enjoying is in my knees, wrists, fingers, and ankles. Pain migrates around these joints regularly. All of this had nearly gone into remission when that 2nd @!*@*! tickbite occurred and started the whole mess all over again.

But you know what? That tickbite came 5 days after my first IV chelation. Before the tickbite and after the first IV, my left wrist swelled and caused me unbearable pain. We did one more chelation and the wrist blew up again. End of chelation.

My wonderful Dr A felt all along that my troubles may have come from the chelation rather than the tickbite. I keep forgetting this point, since I'm as focused on lyme disease as anyone.

If it was chelation gone awry, then it is quite possible the microcurrent is expelling the metals in a better fashion and I really am enjoying relief from metals in my joints. Much as GiGi and Hardy infer.

Wow! [confused] Who knows?

Luvs

--------------------

oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can redistribute metals when you chelate.
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement