LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Homeopathic prevention of Lyme & other TBIs: A Discussion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Homeopathic prevention of Lyme & other TBIs: A Discussion
Truthfinder
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8512

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the cheapest, easiest method I've found that just might possibly save you or a loved one from future misery. These are simple remedies that anyone can obtain and have on hand in case of a tick bite.

Although I have yet to have anyone here on LymeNet say they did this, I'll post about it again in hopes that someone will prevent TBIs with this simple protocol.

Alan Schmukler gives this protocol in his Homeopathy: An A to Z Home Handbook. (I did get Alan's permission to post this on another board..... And I've compared his protocol to those of other U.S. homeopaths, and they are all very, very similar.)

1st day (after a tick bite): Ledum 200C (single dose)
2nd day: Hypericum 200C (single dose)
3rd day: Borrelia burgdorferi nosode 30C . One dose a day for one week, then one dose a week for one month.

Even if you do not purchase the Bb nosode, administration of Ledum and Hypericum alone can fend off some nasty infections from bug bites of all kinds including spiders and ticks, and any bites from animals. Both of these remedies are also effective in preventing and treating Tetanus. And homeopathic remedies can be used on pets and livestock, as well as on humans.

The Ledum (Ledum palastre) and Hypericum in a 200C potency can be purchased at most larger health food stores, or ordered by smaller stores. They can also be ordered by phone or online from a number of different sources in the USA. The cost of the remedies should be under or around $10 each.

The Borrelia burgdorferi 30C nosode cannot be purchased in the USA by a `layperson'. You may be able to purchase it from a local homeopath or Naturopathic doctor, and I would try that first. If not, then here are two reputable sources in the U.K. where you can order the nosode:

Ainsworths:
http://www.ainsworths.com/site/default.aspx
Helios:
https://www.helios.co.uk/index.html

(Prices are in British Pounds: A British pound is currently worth a around $2.00 U.S.)

Alan (the author) was bitten by a tick some years ago, got the classic bulls-eye rash, etc. But by using this protocol, he never experienced any Lyme symptoms. I myself had a small bulls-eye rash appear on my chest last May. I followed this protocol and did not notice any worsening or additional symptoms.

My old Border Collie/ Australian Shepherd mix was attacked and injured by a Pit Bull last Sunday evening. By some miracle, the injuries were fairly minor, but there were two deep puncture wounds on his leg and chest from bites which became quite painful almost immediately. I shaved and cleaned/disinfected the wound areas and treated the dog myself with Ledum and Hypericum (and topical Calendula gel for surface antibiotic protection).

I did visit the vet the next day just in case I hadn't shaved the wounds well enough. He recommended antibiotics since dog and cat bites and scratches almost always get infected. I declined the antibiotics. Within 16 hours of the Pit Bull attack, my dog was moving normally and back to his normal self. He is doing great.

About 3 weeks ago, my right palm got clawed up by a frightened, wild cat living in a rather dirty environment. The back claws made 2 puncture wounds in the pad of my thumb. Basically, I did the same thing as I did with my dog - and had little pain and no infection. And I usually get some pain, redness and swelling from any little cut or scratch. Nothing this time. And I think the last Tetanus shot I had was back in the mid 80s.

A little prevention can go a long way. [Smile]

[ 03-19-2009, 08:26 AM: Message edited by: Truthfinder ]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Tracy!

I never had a cat scratch wound that did not get ugly before getting better. You sure have had a lot go wrong in a short period of time. Hope your bad spell is over. Thanks for the tips on the remedies.

I still have some of my original remedies which are now 3 yrs old. Any idea what the life expectancy is?

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Luvs -

I know what you mean about cat scratches - they almost always get a bit of surface infection before they heal up. Mine sure didn't this time.

My crazy neutered cat keeps getting clawed up from some neighborhood cat, but thanks to Ledum, he hasn't had an abscess in a really long time. I used to spend big $$ at the vet's every year just treating that cat's abscessed wounds.

I suspect your remedies will work just fine.

Remedies, if stored properly, will last almost indefinitely. They recently tested the efficacy of some of the remedies in Hahnemann's old `remedy bag' and they all worked just like they were supposed to. Those remedies are about 200 years old. [Big Grin]

Keep dry remedies away from excessive moisture, away from natural sunlight, away from excessive heat or any strong odors, and away from exposure to microwaves and electronic devices. Amber glass bottles are best for storing, and help protect the remedies from exposure to things like airport security scanners if you happen to take your remedy kit with you when you travel. Storing your remedy bottles inside a protective box helps, too.

A lot of commercial remedies now come in plastic bottles and I don't know if anyone knows how well that will work over the long term. And any liquid remedies may eventually evaporate.

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll bump this up again since I'm seeing posts about new tick bites. [Frown]

--------------------
Tracy

NanaDubo
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question. How do you get your cat or dog to take homeopathic remedies? Aren't they pellets you put under your tongue? How do you do this?
Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Nana, yes, homeopathic remedies are usually in dry pellet form and can be taken under the tongue. But that is only one way to take them. I've used 3 different methods with my pets (and myself).

Probably the easiest way that works for both dogs and cats is to turn the dry pellets into a `liquid remedy'. I always make liquid remedies for myself - they work just like the dry pellets, if not better. Just make sure to stir the remedy a few times before each dose.

Get a disposable cup, a plastic spoon and some distilled or spring water. Put up to 1/2 cup of water in the cup, then add 2 dry pellets to the water and stir it very vigorously about 40 times. You now have a liquid remedy. (Use disposable items - remedies `stick' to everything even after being washed well.)

For my dog, I just have him lie on his side and I lift out his lower lip and put about 1/2 teaspoon of the liquid right on his teeth at the gumline. For the cat, I hold the cat's head upward- just as if I were going to give him a pill - and I pour a bit of liquid right on his teeth or lips. He instinctively licks it off. Don't worry about quantity - as little as 2 drops will get it.

I've also put a couple of dry tablets between the dog's teeth and gums on the side of his jaw when he is lying on his side. Then I just make sure he stays there until the remedies are mostly dissolved. This does not work well with the cat, however. It's harder than with regular pills because you shouldn't handle the remedies - always use the lid of the remedy bottle to pour them into the mouth or another container.

The third method when all else fails - make up a liquid remedy and put it in their food or on a special treat. I've done this a lot - especially with the cat when he is on a remedy 2 times a day for several days or weeks, and never had this method fail. And yet I've read that it is best to take the remedies 20 minutes before and after having anything else in the mouth for best effect.

Actually, there is a 4th method. I make up a liquid remedy using a small bottle of spring water - I initially pour out about 2 ounces, then add the pellets and make a liquid remedy, and pound the bottle in my hand 40 times. Then I use these wonderful disposable eye droppers that I got from my vet to give the dog or cat the remedy. This makes it much easier! Just squirt a few drops around the dog or cat's teeth. I just strap the little plastic eyedropper to the side of the bottle with a rubber band so it is always easy to find, then store the liquid remedy in the refrigerator. I add a bit of Vodka or Everclear if the remedy has to be around for more than 2 weeks. Just make sure you don't use the eyedropper for more than one remedy.

Hope this gives you some options.

--------------------
Tracy

sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tried Ledum as a remedy for Lyme in general, not just for prevention? I've seen it on a few websites.

Can you use this combo (Hypericum & Ledum) for mosquito bites, too? I got a bunch yesterday.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Sparkle, I'm sorry I missed your post - I didn't get notification by e-mail for some reason.....

Yes, I've tried Ledum as a treatment, not just prevention. I did it wrong and it has been a bit of a minor disaster. I'm still fighting the effects of improperly using the remedy.

Regarding your question about this combo for mosquito bites, I assume that you are concerned that you may pick up some TBIs from mosquitoes. I don't blame you - I've wondered about that myself. And bear in mind that any mosquito that bites you probably just got a dose of Lyme from YOU, so now it may be infected even if it wasn't before..... we tend to take a very one-sided view of this and forget that we are carriers of the Lyme bugs now, too.

Anyway, since both Ledum and Hypericum are indicated for `puncture wounds', and both ticks and mosquitoes must `puncture' us in order to draw blood, I would definitely have no qualms about using the above preventative protocol for mosquito bites, too. (I actually read something about this somewhere but I have no idea where.)
[dizzy]

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Bumping this up to get ready for spring.

I just looked in a couple of my books and found these references:

Cat Scratch Fever: Hypericum, Ledum
Mosquiteo bites (to prevent West Nile Virus): Ledum
Insect bites (in general): Hypericum, Ledum

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

*Bump+

Spring is coming.... [Smile]

--------------------
Tracy

Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tracy, we already started on our tick BITE preventative treatment as I posted before: borrelia nosodes LM4 or LM6 taken once a week for about 4 weeks; then once every two weeks for a month or two; then once every month until tick season goes.

My daughter was still bitten under this preventative treatment, but JUST (?) got tickborn encephalitis plus erytoplasma, but NO borrelia last time.

Hypericum and Ledum are very valuable against a series of infections, I find.

After an infected tick bite, I would take Apisinum homeopathic (bee venom) and apis melifica homeopathic for the bite, plus I would use certainly some topic treatment too

(either essential oils that kill and/or bee venom not homeopathic or apisininum homeopathic or still garlic in slices/crushed on the bite for many days)!

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have a source for the ledum and hypericum at 200C? I could not find last year.

I have 30C for ledum and apis.

The apis... would that be 30C or 200C?

Are the drops effective and at what potency?

Thank you for this thread.

Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks!
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robin, I have Ledum 30K and Apis melif. 30K.

You can have Ledum 30C too, it's fine I think. When I can buy K instead of C, I prefer the K as it contains the info of lower dilutions, whereas C potencies got only that dilution... In short, I find the effect stronger.

But we use a lot Ledum 200K, same as for Hypericum 200K. I don't have lower dilutions of Hypericum, I don't know how people use on lower dilutions... We take the whole herb St. John's Wort plus this Hypericum 200K.

Apisinum liquid D6 ('strong' dilutions of bee venom). To be ingested or rubbed on.

I feel Apis mel treats more the bite itself, but apisinum is a much better killer.

My daughter got allergic reaction to bee venom ointments, so I think I have to get back to the homeopathic form IF she needs topical treatment again...

Arnica D30, it's amazing how arnica almost always tests with either lyme revival OR a new tick bite (on and off). It has, I believe, some killing properties (according to my naturopath). My daughter tested well for this Arnica in her last tick bite last year and it was the main homeopathic product that we used for her bite (but she got no borrelia in that bite)...

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Great information, Selma!

R62, I don't order liquid remedies - you can always make up your own `liquid remedy' using the dry pellets, which last longer and are more convenient. You can do this using a bottle of commercial spring or distilled water, or you can buy empty amber dropper bottles. I do both, depending on how long I think I'll be using the remedy. The exception might be the LM potencies, which I've never used. They are trickier to work with.

Where to get remedies:

First, I would call to see if my local health food store could order a remedy for me. I do that frequently here at the little store we have in my town. He can often get remedies for me up through a 200C and does not charge me any shipping. If that fails, here are some popular websites for buying remedies:

Small Flower
4716 North Lincoln Avenue 60625 USA
111 North State Street 60602 USA
Chicago, IL
1-800-252-0275
Carry mostly Boiron brand homeopathics
http://www.smallflower.com/category/canh2/canh2666
e-mail: [email protected]

Present Moment
3546 Grand Avenue South
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
800-378-3245
http://presentmoment.com/
e-mial: [email protected]

1-800 homeopathy
P.O. Box 8080
Richford, VT 05476 USA
1-800-466-3672
Carry Customer-designed C Remedy Kits
http://www.1-800homeopathy.com/

Professional Homeopathic Labs:
(These labs generally offer remedies in #10 poppyseed-size granules, but some offer an option if you want the larger globules or pellets (BB size or smaller)

Washington Homeopathic Products
33 Fairfax Street
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia 25411 USA
1-800-336-1695
This is a reputable lab, but my homeopath got a bottle of Arnica from them once that was a `dud' so she won't order from them anymore.
http://homeopathyworks.com/jshop/index.php

Natural Health Supply
6410 Avenida Christina
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505 USA
(888) 689-1608
Hand-succussed remedies made in on-site laboratory
Kits, single remedies, books, amber glass bottles, etc.
(I order a lot from here)
http://www.a2zhomeopathy.com/
e-mial: [email protected]

Hahneman Laboratories
1940 Fourth Street
San Rafael, California 94901 USA
1-888-427-6422
Fairly expensive compared to other companies, but...
Carry many intermediate and odd potencies
Nosodes are available to patients under the care of a professional homeopath (practitioner's name required) http://www.hahnemannlabs.com/

Computer-generated remedies:

Celletech
Madison, Wisconsin USA
Carry different brands
Carry many "homeotherapeutic" nosodes (available to the public) 1-800-888-4066
Page for single remedies:
http://celletech.com/commerce/catalog.jsp?catId=50&companyId=50

Celletech offers lots of `nosodes' to the public; they can do this because their remedies and nosodes do not contain and actual `substance' - just frequency duplication, basically. Their search engines stink and they have several categories and it can be a confusing site. But they have many co-infection nosodes like Bartonella and `Borreliosis' and strange and interesting stuff if you have time to look through their remedies. Like I just found `Bordatella nosode' (Kennel Cough in dogs), and then stuff like this:

Tick Bites Balance
Use to create a protective barrier and guard against Tick bites.

Tick Bites Balance II
Helps the body respond after a tick has bitten you or your animals.

Sparkle, was it you that posted about this company before?

Anyway, I know that have Borrelia b. `nosode', too. Their remedies are kind of expensive, but the quantities are HUGE. The smallest bottle is 4 grams, which is about 2-4 times the size of a standard bottle of remedy you would get in the store.

I've got to go `work' on a friend's `tooth' problem - poor thing - so may not get back on here today.... it's so nice that my friends let me experiment on them. [loco]

--------------------
Tracy

R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Selma and Tracy.. for all that info.. thanks so much.
Posts: 861 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Thanks for so much detail. Great to build a kit to go with me into the woods for walks.

Great to have a group of friends over to make kits for everyone.

I did not notice it mentioned but had to skim. BOIRON is a good brand of homepathics.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

I apologize for asking.. I cant find an explanation on line.. does capsule size matter..

The default for the purchase is #30 for capsule size.. my common sense, which I almost trust.. says it doesnt matter because the strength is 200C.

Am I right? or does the #30 or #10 mean something I am not getting?

Thank you.

Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

R62,

no need to apologize at all.

For homeopathics, there are no capsules. These are tiny pellets in a tube - and 3-4 pellets would be placed under the tongue to melt.

It's not the size that the number refers to but strength - and strength is not measured as one might think.

(Some homeopathics come as drops in an alcohol or saline base and usually 1-3 drops would be the dose. However, for here, I believe all the remedies suggests are pellets. Those little tubes are easier to transport.

It's usually something like "name" followed by 30 c or 10 x - etc. I'll be back with a link that explains it better than I can.

One note, though: Mint, caffeine and chocolate can negate the effects so those are best avoided when taking homeopathics.

=====

Sorry, I can't find what I want right now but have to stop. I'll check back tomorrow.

You might try some of the sites above listed by Truthfinder for an explanation or a simple book.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Hey Keebler, I do have capsules in homeopathic form!! But in fact, the way we are supposed to take them is different from the 'normal' way.

The capsules have to opened, the content (like sugar) has to be poured under the tongue, then let it slowly dissolve. Not to be taken with water.

There are other formats too, not capsules but pills (a bit like a sugar candy), muuch larger than the usual pellets. The format looks like a flat round battery from wrist watches.

There's a product called Cruroheel that comes like this, for example. One has to take it too, under the tongue and let it melt.

As for pellets sizes, I know at least 3 sizes here in Europe. The very tiny ones ( a bit larger than powder) used in nosodes for example or sometimes in high potencies homeopathics (like LM or so).

then there comes the small pellets, these are the usual size sold over the counter all over Europe (Similasan products use them). I don't know if they correspond to what is sold in the US.

Then there comes larger pellets, about 2-3mm in diameter, that are sold in Belgium all over, for example.

The dosage then varies according to the SIZE of pellets (called granules, I think...).

As for the size #30, # 10 that Robin is asking about, I have no idea what they are... I hope Tracy will drop by and tell us!!

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Good question, R62. I didn't think to explain that.

Interesting, Selma - I've never seen remedies in capsules, though I have seen them in little `vials' where you are supposed to take the whole `vial' at one time (Oscillococcinum is like that and I've always wondered why.....).

Pellet/globule size: Not everyone in the homeopathic community agrees on this, but in my own experience, size really does not matter as far as dosing goes. Less is usually better, actually. Part of the homeopathic philosophy is the `minimum dose' - the least amount needed to get the remedy to act. This practice helps avoid aggravations from a too-large dose that is way more energy than the body needs to get the job done.

Despite what it says on the bottle, 2 pellets/globules/granules is sufficient, whether they are #30 size or #20 size, or even the tiny #10 size. With the tiny #10 size, it is sometimes difficult to get only 2 little granules to fall into the cap, so if 3 or 4 fall in there, that's what I take.

And the only reason you should use more than 1 pellet is just to make sure that you didn't get a `dud'. When remedies are made, the liquid remedy is sprayed onto the pellets, and there is always a chance that there might be a few pellets in there that didn't get sprayed.

And the same holds true for mixing up `wet remedies' from dry pellets - you only need 2 globules for a small to average-size bottle of spring water - and a `sip' is a dose from the bottle (1/2 - 1 teaspoon). (Just make sure you `pound' the bottle about 10 times before taking a dose.) When I mix up a `wet dose remedy bottle' and use smaller dropper bottles, I still use 2 pellets, but a dose is 2 drops. It's a `stronger' solution so the dose is smaller.

I love the little #10 granules - a lot more of them fit in the bottle - you get more `doses' of remedy for your money. They are very easy to put a couple of them on a plastic spoon and put them between my dog's teeth and gums when he is lying on his side, or dump into my cat's mouth (though I tend to use droppers for my pets if I have a remedy already made up). They are so small, the pets have trouble spitting them out (heh, heh). [Wink]

The #10 granules can be a little hard to work with, though, so if you have any tremors, or dexterity or vision problems, the larger #20 or #30 pellets might work better for you.

Supposedly, no matter if you are treating a dog, a human, or an elephant, a few drops of remedy will work. The dose doesn't have to be proportionate to the size of the animal being treated.

As Keebler pointed out, there are substances and odors that tend to antidote remedies. So, if you use mint, coffee, chocolate, camphor (or anything strong-smelling including Essential Oils or stuff like paint thinner) - just don't take your remedy near the time you are exposed to those things. Wait at least an hour, and with camphor/odors, you need to wait until the odor is gone.

And some people are much more sensitive to these things than others. If you aren't getting a response from taking remedies, you may need to avoid one or more of these `offending' substances altogether, at least until you know whether or not they are the problem.

And it's best to take remedies away from food or toothpaste - anything in your mouth - about 20 minutes before and after is best, but I've found that 10 minutes works fine. I sometimes put `wet dose' remedy drops directly into my cat's food, and it still works. [Smile]

--------------------
Tracy

Keebler
Member # 12673

-

Brussels & Truthfinder -

Thanks so much. I learned some stuff - some I'd forgotten, some brand new.

I usually just get the large pellets from BOIRON in a tube with a great top, but recently bought a Homeopathic Emergency Kit and the vials and pellets are much smaller, harder to handle.

I wonder if anyone has a simple chart showing the dose range such as 6c, 30c . . . going into the x, etc.

And instructions for storage - keep away from computers, microwaves, out of the sun, etc.

As for a case for any kit - some fishing tackle cases will work.

-

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Good storage tips, Keebler. As for storage boxes, the fishing tackle box is a good idea!

The best I've found are..... ammunition boxes!

As a `shooter', imagine my surprise when my first little Emergency Remedy Kit came in a .44 Magnum/.45 Long Colt handgun ammo box! The little 1/2 dram bottles fit perfectly. (I found that .50 A.E. boxes work well, too - with a little more room to get those tiny bottles out.)

Now for the larger remedy bottles, I use plastic 20-guage shotgun-shell boxes. Almost all the various standard-size remedy bottles will fit in these (even the square Doslisos remedy bottles). And there are all kinds of shotshell boxes - some are very small and compact, then there are some with handles and a little compartment in the middle for odd-sized bottles. Lots of options with these. And not very expensive, either. Most big Sporting Goods stores have them, or online hunting or shooting supply outlets.

Keebler, you said:
``I wonder if anyone has a simple chart showing the dose range such as 6c, 30c . . . going into the x, etc.''

I'm not sure what you mean....?

Yikes! I've got to get moving!

--------------------
Tracy

R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Thank you all. This is what I am understanding/questioning:

(1) dram size # 10, #20, #30 doesnt matter so much, but less is sometimes better?

(2) Under tongue will be suffient. I think I need to start there.

(3) Still the same amount of remedy per pellet or you get more in the #30 than the #10? (sorry!)

(4)Use 2 pellets where the directions above say 200C (single dose) because you may get a dud?

I promise I do eventually get things..

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

R62, I think I've confused you - or maybe I am confused.

Dram size - that refers to the size of the bottle, not the pellets/ globules inside.

#10, #20, #30 - these are sizes of the actual pellets/globules of remedy. #10 is poppyseed-size; #30 is a little smaller than a BB; #20 is in between somewhere.

The directions on the bottle of most remedies will probably say something like `take 3-5 pellets under the tongue every ____ hours or....'. Well, 2 pellets are sufficient.

A single dose, under the tongue, is fine. (If you were going to take several doses of a remedy over a period of time, then the `wet dose bottle' is preferable.)

Does that answer your questions?

--------------------
Tracy

R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Tracy.. thank you. I'll order the #30 since that is the default. My brain goes to mush when I have to make decisions.

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain.

Brussels
Member # 13480

Hey Tracy, on dosages my homeopath, my lyme doctor and my muscle tests indicate that there IS a minimum that one needs to get the effect. Adding more than this minimum makes no bigger effect, but adding LESS than the minimum doesn't make the effect complete.

For tick bite prevention, all us three test different, including my cat (4 then). The bigger the body size, the more pellets one needs. Cat was about 3-4, daughter 4-6, I was 6-9, husband about 12, if my memory is good.

As for other remedies, like for example, liver support homeopathics specific to a person that are tested by my lyme doctor, we do need different amounts (my daughter never got more than 3 pellets, I always need about 6).

When I started with these, my lyme doctor told me to start with 2 or 3 pellets, or I would have gotten a strong reaction. He was right. The reaction got bigger when I added more of them, and I could only reach the full dose a few days or weeks after I started (as they were detoxing my body).

My muscle tests are consistent, we need a minimum number of drops of nosodes to get the treatment working well. If I give less, my daughter and I still continue 'testing' for the nosode after ingestion. When I give the exact amount of drops (about 3,4 5 usually), we don't test anymore after.

The dosage though is not like chemicals or herbs. There's just a minimum that I think should be respected and that varies from person to person. After that minimum, taking more DOESN'T make the effect necessarily stronger.

These are our experiences here... Whether I'm imagning all that, no idea, but I can't really play much with treatments such as prevention for tick bites, for example!! No way.

I guess it's a bit like the photons + nosodes. Each accupuncture point tests a bit different. Thyroid tests for very short application while the belly area tests for longer, usually.

Or when we get a problem related to the nosode (borrelia in the knees, elbows), the point there tests for longer time photon application. To my understanding, it means that the area of the body needs more time to absorb the message as it's sicker than other areas.

Same as for biopuncture or homeopathics IV. If just the message was necessary and NOT whether it is physically reaching where it should, these two modes of treatment (IV and biopuncture) wouldn't be worth doing.

I've heard many too many stories about patients using IV homeopathics not to believe that the effect of IVs are MUUUUCH stronger than just the under the tongue stuff.

I never took IVs thought, so I can't say. I can just say I took the same homeopathics I'm taking for months with my photon machine yesterday and CRASHED for about 15 minutes. It was a good crash though.

I was using Ubichinon, Citrokehl, Coenzyme comp for quite some time already, for about 5 times a day or so, without interruption. Me and daughter. I kept testing about 2, 3 hours after intake.

Today, for the first time since I started with these products, I'm not testing for them. I 'took' them with photons yesterday (meaning, just let it on a specific accupuncture point and applied photons all over).

I suspect that the effect is similar to the IV effect (the Heel people say that one needs these injections about 2-3 times a week in the first week, then less after). Let's see when I will be needing these stuff again.

As for the borrelia INGESTABLE nosodes, they come in micro granules (smaller than sesame seeds), and the amount is very large. One is supposed to take them after tick bite, all at once!! It's like having about 1 full teaspoon of sugar under the tongue at once.

I wonder if the amount was not important, why would my homeopath (classic one, not my lyme doctor) prescribe such nosodes this way?

I think that sometimes, amount has some importance! The minimum amount, I mean.

Just my opinion, I'm no expert, just a user!

I feel that our cells or our photon communication is not good enough, specially if we are sick and that the local application of homeopathics make sense to me (as less communication is needed to reach the good areas).

So, Sanum has suppositories with Candida nosodes for example, and I can tell you, these are strong stuff as they act directly at the origin of the problem (intestines). I needed just twice or 3 times, and never more tested for this stuff for months now.

Another last note, I was talking mentally to you, Tracy today. I think I was wrong when I told you so many times before, that I didn't believe homeopathy alone could cure lyme disease.

I have to say, I think I was wrong, you were right. The problem was not with homeopathy, the problem was with cell communication. With photons, I start to strongly believe there's a cure for this disease, even its most chronic stages, ONLY with homeopathy. With the help of photons, though.

that is what I start to strongly feel. So, you did win Tracy!!! I think I'll never more say that I don't believe in a cure of lyme only with homeopathics. I start to believe there is!!

Gotta go. I gotta find a way to do a Heel mix that was taken off the market by myself... It would cost a fortune, to buy each ingredient and mix them, but at least, I'll go over this problem of awful lawmakers who take off homeopathics THAT WORK from the market for fear of comptetition.

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Now, that IS interesting, Selma.... so, how do we solve this dosing dilemma for the average person for prevention?

Out of curiosity, I sat down this morning and compared `size of dose' directions on various remedy bottles from about 6 different labs..... they are all different, even from the same manufacturer! For instance, if you get the smallest bottle of remedy from Hahnemann Labs (1 gram - about a teaspoon), no matter what size the pellets are or what the potency is, it says to take the entire contents of the bottle at once! Doesn't seem to matter if it's a nosode or a regular remedy. But if you get one of their larger bottles, it says to take 2-3 pellets under the tongue! Craziness! Makes no sense at all.

And then there is bottle size - some are measured in grams, some in drams, some say 1/4 ounce, some in ml., etc. No wonder everyone is confused. And the ones from overseas (the U.K. or India) have no dosing instructions at all. Only the ones that are sold in America have instructions - it is required here.

When I was new at all this, I asked my homeopath about the `take the entire contents' directions, and she said to ignore all that. She said that the directions on bottles of remedy are to (1) sell as much remedy as possible to the consumer, and (2) to satisfy our Western concept of medicine (that it takes more than a tiny dose of medicine to treat any problem).

I didn't believe her in the beginning - I always took or used more than what she said, even to make up my `wet dose' bottles! But over time, I kept reducing the number of pellets/granules I took or used, and (for me and my friends), she was absolutely right. In fact, I found that a weaker wet solution and/or smaller dry doses of remedy produced a sharper reaction somehow, yet it was gentler than the larger amounts.

But, I'm talking primarily about my TREATMENT experiences, not PREVENTION, and perhaps there is a distinction there that could be critical.....

Alan Schmukler, the author of the book who set forth the preventative protocol, suggests this as general `dose' instructions: `Tap 3-5 pellets (or 8-10 tiny granules) of the remedy into the cap of the bottle and toss them directly onto or under your tongue.''

So, perhaps I should add a short paragraph to the original protocol in this thread that says something like:

``For those who are new to homeopathy, follow the directions on your bottle of remedy for a single `dose'. If there are no directions, or the directions say to take the entire contents of the bottle, then tap 3-5 pellets (or 8-10 tiny granules) of the remedy into the cap of the bottle and toss them directly onto or under your tongue.''

What do you think, Selma or others familiar with homeopathics?

(R62, I'm sure you are about to pull your hair out at this point.)

--------------------
Tracy

R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

LOL! I am thinking I am glad I have a doctor to prescribe doxy at this point. So much to learn. Thank you, Tracy and Selma. Robin
Keebler
Member # 12673

-

Even if someone is on abx, homeopathics can help with some symptoms.

It's good to keep that in mind.

-

Brussels
Member # 13480

Tracy, I don't know. I just tell you by experience, really. And about this biopucnture therapy, or iv... Think with me: if only a minimum dose would be necessary to make all our cells understand the homeopathic message, why do we need to do iv homeopathics? It wouldn't make sense right?

Why send the content to reach most tissues/ cells internally and not only adding it under the tongue?

You could say, just for interest to make practioners earn their lives?

Another similar question: what about all these biopuncture procedures? Why would that be more efficient than merely:
1- taking the same medication under the tongue?
2- taking the same medication on iv?

I know you may say, we don't know if these stuff are in fact more efficient, but as I told you, I heard too many cases of iv homeopathics being more effective than under the tongue NOT to believe that in fact, ACTUAL amount or ACTUAL proximity to cells or organs in trouble could make sense.

there is a huge business here in Germany and Switzerland of practioners using these iv homeopathics. Could it be just placebo?

Dr. W. chose to use these homeopathics combo IV and not ingested right? Same homeopathics from Heel, hepar comp, lymphomyosot, solidago comp. He could tell patients to merely ingest these (as my naturopath told me, open the vials and ingest them, she said).

But it wouldn't be very effective, I'm quite sure he's not doing that to earn money or whatever. He's got a big clinical experience with patients.

I don't what Hahnemman would have said about IV procedures, but clinical experience shows that some IVs are wonderful, they are muuuch more effective than ingested.

For example, I took Bovisan on and on (nosodes of Mycob. TB bovis) to deal with my fingers and toes infections. I am pretty sure of what I'm saying, that if I rubbed Bovisan on my fingers and toes, I got better results than merely under the tongue.

So somehow, the amount must make some difference. Or better saying, the actual contact with the homeopathic substance directly on the sickened tissue brings better results. To get that message better sent, one needs to use more of the homeopathic substance (in my case, I had the under the tongue drops + the rubbed drops on my skin).

At that time, I didn't have my photon machine. Today, I would do different, but the IDEA is the same: today I am also trying to make my cells that are more sick to get the message more directly, but this time, through photons.

That is why I rely on muscle tests. So does my ART doctor. I guess, as I told you, dosage in homeopathy is different from herbs and chemicals. For me, there's a minimum (one pellet won't send the message, in my experience), but no maximum.

As for nosodes of borrelia, I don't know. My homeopath told me to take it all. I took it firt time. Next times, I muscle tested them, and I DIDN'T HAVE to take the whole nosode bottle, but about one third of it, which I did.

Surely there's some business intention to sell more pellets for most, but there's no interest for my homeopath or lyme doctor to sell these stuff as I don't buy from them. I think they are prescribing what they think is necessary.

Muscle tests also say there's a minimum. What is the mechanism, I really don't know. But as I told you, our experience says there's some sort of grade of reaction if I take, for instance, only one pellet than increase the dosage slowly. I've seen that specially with detox homeopathics. You can try to do the experience yourself!

I see it a bit like this IV story, there must be some meaning in having the substances (the 'real' homeopathic diution) reach closer to where it is needed.

In my feeling (just a feeling!!!), our cells don't communicate well and that is why I always felt homeopathy can't cure lyme. I've been on homeopathics for about a decade or more... It is a useful approach, no doubt. The more I try it(different approaches on homeopathy) the more I am convinced.

But I think the main piece of the puzzle with homeopathy is lack of good communication in between our cells. The photon field is sort of either weak or deffectuous and so, when we take these homeopathic substances, our body decodes it a bit, it helps a bit, but it is NOT ENOUGH in my opinion, to get a full healing because our cells are sick to get the message fully.

It's a bit like with food. No matter how well we eat, if we are sick (intestines or whatever), our bodies can't absorb the nutrients well and we still lack loads of vitamins, minerals etc.

And water, how many of us are dehidrataded (sp?) despite drinking lots of liquids?

Dr. K. always tells here in the seminars for practioners: don't only use homeopathy, but add a bit of herbs, a bit of other energy medicine (like microcurrent, for example), rife, and that is much better to get faster results.

I know he's talking that not to sell more stuff, but that is how he does with his patients. I know that if I only took homeopathics I would still be very sick, that is why I kept adding as many different approaches to feel better faster.

Now, with the photons, EVERYTHING changes in this view. See, now, I took some homeopathics I usually take ingested, this time, through photons. So, no ingestion. My body kept asking for these homeopathics (ubichinon, citrokehl, coenzyme comp) about 5 times a day, so did my daughter. This has been happening for quite a while, for months since I started reusing these Heel products.

When I ingested the combo, I felt the effect, like being more relaxed, calm, etc. The normal reaction with homeopathics, right? So they were working, and my body was asking for the combo on and on many times a day.

Now I took the same combo with photons. I'm on day 3 and I don't need them yet again.

I took Hepar comp yesterday with photons and so did my daughter. We've been on chlorella and other combo (rechtsregulat etc) for quite a long time, every time borrelia is active, we are cravign for these cleansers. Well, today, we don't test for chlorela, nor recths... So we don't take these.

It's very surprising for me. I had another little crash yesterday with Hepar comp through photons, so did my daughter. She had to be laying on the sofa for about 15 minutes as she said, "I feel too relaxed, I can't raise my head, mom".

Homeopathics taken through photons, I guess, are similar to homeopathics IV or possibly, even stronger, as they must go everywhere (while IV can't go everywhere).

we will add soon lymphomyosot (lymphdrainainage) and solidago comp (for the kidneys), and see if cardamon (that I use for lymph drainage) and bear garlic (that I use for kidney) stop testing for days and days. We are still testing for these, ingested.

Now, this photon-intake has not much to do with amount. We use the same injection ampules, all of us 3 at home. But this is because the photons do the job, in my opinion, to send the message well all over.

Then, you are 100% right, amount is of little importance, of no importance at all, let's say.

But ingested homeopathics , through IV, biopuncture, whatever other technique that doesn't boost cell communication as photons do, I don't feel the logic is the same.

As I told you before, if ingestable nosodes were a cure for borreliosis, we would have known it. They aren't a cure, with or without the support of classical homeopathy, Tracy. There are many too many homeopaths using isopathy here in Europe, they still couldn't find the magic bullet.

With photons, I start to really believe, one needs nothing else BUT homeopathics.

It's just a feeling.

The food I'm taking never tasted so good in years, I eat fruits with such a pleasure, I feel I'm almost not myself (not what I used to be in years!!). Same for listening to songs or classical music, I'm going through pleasuruarable after pleasurable experiences. Enjoying any sunray, enjoying strong physical exercises, my sex drive still exists (after I thought I became some kind of hermaphrodit creature forever), my period is now on 30 days while for years after lyme became a mess (very short) and so on.

I attribute this to this approach homeopathy through photons.

If my life has to continue how it is today, I REALLY don't care if my borrelia is active or dormant. It doesn't make a much difference.

I thought about your suggestion that photons change the milieu. Whatever this double approach is doing, there's something like a deep change going on.

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Thanks for some tolerance, here, Robin. [Smile] A question for you:

Once we get some of these issues sorted out, I may change the name of this thread to include the words ``A Discussion''. Then I'll create a new thread about homeopathic prevention that won't be so confusing or daunting to those new to homeopathy, with a link to ``the Discussion'' thread for those who wish to read further. As someone new to all this, does that sound like a good plan?

I guess my biggest problem with doxy - as a preventative - is that it won't address most viruses or protozoa (and who knows what else is lurking in these ticks). And then there are the folks out there who simply can't tolerate most abx or other meds - I feel like they deserve to know about viable alternatives.

No preventative protocol works in every case, even homeopathy. But if a couple hundred years of literature on the subject is any guide, those who do become sick after `failed homeoprophylaxis (prevention)', their illness will be a much milder form of the disease.

Keebler, what you said is very true, from what I understand - I've never done abx for `Lyme' treatment - I must rely on others for helpful info in that department.

I'm glad the topic of abx came up, because this is further cause for consideration regarding `dose' when it comes to homeopathic prevention, or treatment, either one. Once again, since I've never taken antibiotics for Lyme and rarely take any other orthodox drugs since starting homeopathics, I must rely on what I hear or read from experienced homeopaths out there.

Orthodox drugs CAN interfere with the efficacy of homeopathic medicines. Unfortunately, the two biggest known, common offenders are steroids and antibiotics. Why these? This is probably because they directly interfere with the immune system (that seems to be the general consensus among homeopaths). But to some degree, other drugs can interfere, too. Herbs and herbal preps are another concern because they are medicines, too. There are undoubtedly herbs that could be inimical (adverse) to the action of a remedy.

On the other hand, homeopathics WILL NOT interfere with allopathic/orthodox meds. So, I guess that's the good news.

For purposes of determining the size of an `adequate dose' for prevention, it seems important to take into account any allopathic drugs that someone might be taking already, whether it's abx or aspirin or thyroid or blood pressure meds - you name it. The size of a single dose of a preventative homeopathic medicine must be powerful enough to overcome any suppression of its action by the presence of allopathic medications. But at the same time, it should be small enough to minimize the chance of any unpleasant reactions for those who might be sensitive, or in cases where the remedy really isn't needed (a tick with no disease in it) and a brief `proving' symptom could manifest itself.

So, I think the suggestions in my proposed `amendment' regarding dose are probably adequate. I'll add a bit of language about dosing for kids and pets, based on what Alan Schmukler writes in his book, and based on what I've learned from my books on treating pets with homeopathics and a homeopathic vet I worked with a few times.

Thanks for the input everyone! Many points have been made that I hadn't thought to address in the original posts.

Oh, Selma - you have made many good points, but I'm out of time already this morning. I'll have to reply at a later time.

--------------------
Tracy

R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

I'm so grateful for you all..

I think that's a good idea, Tracy.. and really thoughtful for you to do that.

I have to go back and tell myself not to panic.. that at least I have a doctor who will prescribe if tick bitten. Then I can sort through what I think is best. Even have time to get the homeopathics.. esp the Bb one..

That gives me time to learn from you all and process. I am really nervous.. paranoid... when tick season runs around.

I can post Buhners protocol that includes homeopathics if you all want. I have the book here. He suggests ledum, apis and Bb.. ledum at 1M. Then his core protocol.

Now that you mention it, it would be great to be able to address viruses and such.. that may be where astragalus comes in with Buhner and possibly other herbs, which can also be taken with abx.

My concern with the herbs is the time it takes to work to full dose if you already have chronic lyme.. do you go for it or ramp up and then does that make the txt less effective.. but that only pertains to herbs I would assume.

Thank you Robin

oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Avoid the ticks, that's the best idea!

Rose Geranium essential oil is supposed to work. Apparently ticks hate it. If you live in an endemic area, or hike in endemic areas, or unfortunately your neighborhood has deer, mice, infestation, well, you can mix half geranium essential oil and half water and spritz it on yourself and your clothes, and on a few bandanas, put one around your neck and one around each ankle. Same for your pets--spritz them (not cats--cats are sensitive) and then put a spritzed bandana around their neck.

This supposedly works well. Not foolproof.

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

We do...

I have rose geranium in coconut oil, which is backed by a study to repel ticks.. lemon eucaplytus for good measure..

Made a spray with vodka and geranium.. really strong.. headache strong.. to spray on shoes and pant legs..

Still.. kids both had one (at least only one) tick attachment last year.

If happens again.. buhner herbs, doxy and homeopathics... when I get those ingredients. I think I'm going to have to order the Bb from Europe.

When (if.. I think it will be eventually) a photon protocol is worked out.. wont that be relieving.

R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

I'm guessing with a photon protocol.. you could use the tick itself as the "nosode"
Brussels
Member # 13480

Surely, Robin, in my opinion!!

Never throw the tick off, kill it, smash it in drinkable alcohol, let sit for hours or days, and do your own remedies.

If you have to ingest these nosodes as I HAD TO, before I had my photon machine, you need to dilute them enough to be sure not to get bacteries there.

If you take by photons, I guess, it's not too dangerous, as dr. W. uses concentrated borrelia tincutures with photons with good results.

Next tick bite we have here, we'll head for photon experiments too!

I'm sad I threw off our our tick original tinctures. I could just have added them in a vial and tested with photons now!

Brussels
Member # 13480

As for Buhner tips, Tracy's tips are much better, you can be sure.

I had email contact with him, he said he doesn't know much about homeopathy, he's an expert of herbs, but NOT homeopathy. He said he only added what he found in the literature at the time of publication. You can see his bibliographical sources in that field are not varied, but limited.

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Thanks for your input Robin. And posting Buhner's herbal prevention suggestions is a good idea.... but I think it has been done, already...... yes, I found a couple of threads about it:

Buhner prevention protocol?
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/53315?

Using Buhner herbs for prevention:
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/1/53086?

Robin, if you order the Bb from Europe, I think Ainsworths website is a little more user friendly. It's still a pain because you have to deal in grams, and they have different sizes of pellets, and everything is listed in British Pounds, so you sort of have to convert that to know what you are paying! I know, I know..... I wish it were easier. Here's something that might help:

Currency converter:
http://www.gocurrency.com/

And the Rose Geranium is another good tip - thanks, Oxy, for bringing that up. Also very good that you mentioned how sensitive cats are, which is so true. You can harm a cat with Essential Oils - they don't have a good detox system. Except for homeopathics, many foods, herbs, spices, and other substances that humans use can be toxic to animals; just something to bear in mind. Do research first (and/or energetic testing, if possible) on anything new you might want to try.

It's virtually impossible to avoid ticks in every circumstance - one lady here at LymeNet was bitten by a tick in her apartment in a large city - so a repellant is a great idea. Here's a thread about that:

Rose Geranium & other natural tick repellants:
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=054999

To be honest, I trust homeopathics more than I do herbs, the simple reason being that Borrelia disseminate so rapidly through the system (including the brain) that I'm not sure herbs would act fast enough since they have to go through the GI tract. With `energy' medicine like homeopathic remedies, the action is rapid and body-wide. Just my opinion on it, of course. And there are a number of homeopaths in the USA actually using this protocol (or very similar) and attest to its efficacy.

Biophotons as part of homeopathic prevention is a VERY intriguing idea!

Yes, Selma - that's a shame that you don't have your `tick soup' to test with the photons! (Out of curiosity, I just checked both Ainsworths and Helios and they don't have any `tick' remedies that seem appropriate for Bb. Celletech has some, though.)

--------------------
Tracy

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Selma, you made some points, above, that I thought about for a bit.

*...''if only a minimum dose would be necessary to make all our cells understand the homeopathic message, why do we need to do iv homeopathics? It wouldn't make sense right?''*
If you are talking about IV homeopathics after the Bionic treatment, those are combos for detox and drainage, something very popular in Europe, and probably necessary after such intense treatments with the Bionic.

Biopuncture and IV homeopathics (or even IM injections) are topics I don't know anything about, but they are primarily used for treating, not prevention. So, I'm not sure how to make a correlation. In prevention, we have no idea where an infection might try to lodge in the body, so difficult to try to focus on any particular part.

Regarding the size of a dose..... In his later hears, Hahnemann realized that there were many people out there who were sensitive to his `C potency' remedies - some had very strong, negative, initial reactions. Even though the C potencies worked well for healing purposes, he did not like the fact that some of his patients suffered in the beginning - he decided he could try to do better. That is the very reason why he invented the LM potencies - to reduce negative reactions.

And that's what I have to take into account here - a protocol suited to a broad range of individuals.

*''Surely there's some business intention to sell more pellets for most, but there's no interest for my homeopath or lyme doctor to sell these stuff as I don't buy from them. I think they are prescribing what they think is necessary.''*
Or, it could be that they rely upon the manufacturer for this information, much like doctors do here in the USA regarding prescription meds. And again, is it the same for treatment as it is for prevention?

And if I got a positive reaction from dropping 2-4 granules of Bb nosode under my tongue, or by dropping 3-4 granules into 6 ounces of water and taking a small sip, then why would I need MORE granules/pellets than that? All we need to do is get the remedy to `act' in the body.

It sounds like you have a very stout constitution, Selma! I'm always amazed at all the herbs and homeopathics you are able to tolerate, and so many at once!

*''In my feeling (just a feeling!!!), our cells don't communicate well and that is why I always felt homeopathy can't cure lyme. I've been on homeopathics for about a decade or more... It is a useful approach, no doubt. The more I try it(different approaches on homeopathy) the more I am convinced.''*
I certainly agree about the `cell communication' idea, and I think it is critical and the reason why the photons are so helpful. However, there are enough case studies and reports out there to convince me that Lyme has been cured by homeopathics alone.

But in your case? A very complicated issue involving so many different infections, together with some chronic issues prior to getting `Lyme' (if I remember correctly)? All I'm sure of is that you did the right thing when you learned to muscle test and began `designing' your own protocol.

*''As I told you before, if ingestable nosodes were a cure for borreliosis, we would have known it. They aren't a cure, with or without the support of classical homeopathy, Tracy. There are many too many homeopaths using isopathy here in Europe, they still couldn't find the magic bullet.''*
Yes, we've known for over 100 years that nosodes generally don't cure chronic infections, that isopathy has a lot of limitations. We've also learned that all kinds of body traumas can interfere with the action of even the most well-chosen constitutional (or other) remedy. But thank goodness that folks like Dr. W. decided to add to the nosodes with light - he added the very thing that cells require to communicate! Experimentation. I know the Classical homeopaths get all upset by this, but it's necessary if we are ever to take any system of medicine beyond the basics.

*''If my life has to continue how it is today, I REALLY don't care if my borrelia is active or dormant. It doesn't make a much difference.''*
Amen to that! [Smile]

--------------------
Tracy

R62
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18531

Thank you, Selma and Tracy. [Smile]
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have the tick that bit me in January 08. But instead of alcohol I froze it. Can I still use it. Does it still have the frequencies inside it?

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Hi, Bob! Really! Good question about the tick!

This wasn't the tick that caused your initial `Lyme' symptoms, though, was it? In other words, is this a `sick' tick?

The tick has now been in your freezer for over a year..... most substances would have acquired `freezer burn' by this time. But that may not apply here or be important when we are talking energy or frequency.

Have you tried to do any energetic testing on the tick? Might be worthwhile to see if you can get some indications about IF it would make a good remedy at this point, what infections it might carry, how it might best be used, etc.

What were you thinking of using the tick for? Treatment? Prevention?

Maybe Selma will chime in here. She's done testing on so many different things. It's possible she might have some good insight on this.

--------------------
Tracy

Brussels
Member # 13480

Bob and Tracy, no idea about a frozen tick!! I guess it would still have frequencies of borrelia (if the tick is contaminated) and bartonella, the two most common pathogens in a tick.

Anyway, don't throw it out. It may be the best source for borrelia and other nasty pathogens for you to prepare nice vials with it!!!!

You can send me an email with a photo of your tick. Who knows I get some far fetching energetic reading from it??? !!!!

Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Thanks, Selma - good ideas.

Bob, the only other thought I have is that even if you don't have a use for the tick right now, it might be best to get that little sucker out of the freezer and into some ethanol for better preservation. (Don't use rubbing alcohol.) If you have a small glass amber bottle or vial (a new one, not used), just toss the tick in there with no more than about 1/3 ounce of Everclear or vodka or whiskey, then seal up the bottle as best you can. I'd check it every 6 months or so to make sure you aren't losing alcohol.

You can decide later if you want to do something with the little culprit. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Tracy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement