LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » UPDATE- Aug 12-- FUND-RAISING FOR DR. JONES

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: UPDATE- Aug 12-- FUND-RAISING FOR DR. JONES
sometimesdilly
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9982

Icon 2 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone with information or questions directly related to the status of Jones' fund-raising please POST THEM HERE, ON THIS THREAD.

[ 12. August 2008, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: sometimesdilly ]

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobweb
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
meanwhile I will up this , so it will stay on top.

I don't envy you Dilly-because there is a lot of scattered information.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

dilly, so glad you talked with lou b, and a SINGLE POST will be devoted to UPDATES ONLY!!

i'll let mine about celebrities DROP DOWN so it goes to page 2, etc!

dilly, when you show updates, would you show the date, time, and WHO POSTED THIS UPDATE ?? thx my friend! [group hug] [kiss]

i also BROKE UP some long, solid block text we neuros can't read; would appreciate it if you showed broken up versions vs. ILLEGIBLE ones; thanks for your consideration!

Vermont_Lymie
Member # 9780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vermont_Lymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, I am sending in a modest contribution to Dr. Jone's defense; it is all that I can donate.

I was going to send this money to my favorite presidential candidate, but I realize that supporting Dr. Jone's is far more important. CT's persecution of this great doctor for helping children is one of the craziest most wicked things that I have ever heard of.

Hopefully all of our support will enable Dr. Jones to keep helping sick children. Thanks for the updates.

Yes we can!

Posts: 2557 | From home | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JULY 18-

I'm waiting for permission to post the total amount of funds raised to date, which I learned last night; will post it as soon as I receive permission.

Posts: 2507 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dilly,

looking forward to hear how much has been raised to date $$$$.

will lou b be making your post here a STICKY AT TOP; hope so! BETTY [group hug] [kiss]

Lymeblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymeblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From Sheila:

Dear All,

A number of folks have expressed concern that they have sent donations to Dr. Jones' legal defense fund via the PayPal account during these past several days. I want to let you know that I had a conversation with George Heath two days ago - he wasn't that happy with me, since I interrupted his family vacation in DisneyWorld! )-: Nevertheless, he assured me that the PayPal account is in his name, and he continues to be able to access funds sent there, even though the name of the legal defense fund (and instructions for making out checks) has changed. He said that someone else had set up the defendlymedoctors website, with the link to the PayPal account: however, the account itself is overseen by him. He can either transfer those funds electronically, or by writing a check to the correct party.

Mr. Heath also told me that there is about $5,000 in the account - ! That's wonderful!

We are encouraging folks to use checks to make donations to the legal defense fund until we have this straightened out further (see instructions below). However, I think we can reassure everyone concerned that their donations to PayPal have been received and are safe.

ALSO: I received word from the law firm yesterday that a total of $25,300 has been received by the legal defense fund in July. I believe that this would be in addition to the $5,000 mentioned above in the PayPal account. While this was enough to persuade Pullman & Comley to allow Attorney Pollack to continue to represent Dr. Jones, substantial additional donations are needed urgently, for him to be allowed to continue. Some great ideas are being developed with regard to fundraising efforts. Stay tuned and I will try to write a fuller update shortly.

Once Dr. Jones has gotten past Tuesday's hearing, he also intends to write his own update for the community. As always, he is very thankful to for your ongoing support!

Reminders:

1. The next hearing will be held on Tuesday, July 22 from 1:00 p.m. until 4:45 p.m. at the Department of Public Health Complex, 410 Capitol Avenue, Hartford, Connecticut, Conference Room ``C'' in Building 470. All are welcome! It is likely that the mother of the children involved in the current charges will testify, responding to the testimony provided a few sessions ago by her ex-husband.

2. HOW TO DONATE TO THE LEGAL DEFENSE FUND:

Make Donations via check, payable to:
"Pullman & Comley Trust Account-for Dr. Charles Jones"
Mail to:

Elliott B. Pollack
c/o Pullman & Comley, LLC
90 State House Square
Hartford, CT 06103-3702

Note "gift" in the memo field

Posts: 983 | From The sky | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 4 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
breaking up longer paragraphs only so we can COMPREHEND them...

quote:
Originally posted by Lymeblue:
From Sheila:

Dear All,

Mr. Heath also told me that there is about $5,000 in the account - ! That's wonderful!

We are encouraging folks to use checks to make donations to the legal defense fund until we have this straightened out further (see instructions below).

However, I think we can reassure everyone concerned that their donations to PayPal have been received and are safe.

ALSO: I received word from the law firm yesterday that a total of $25,300 has been received by the legal defense fund in July.

I believe that this would be in addition to the $5,000 mentioned above in the PayPal account.

While this was enough to persuade Pullman & Comley to allow Attorney Pollack to continue to represent Dr. Jones, substantial additional donations are needed urgently, for him to be allowed to continue. ***********************

Some great ideas are being developed with regard to fundraising efforts. Stay tuned and I will try to write a fuller update shortly.

Once Dr. Jones has gotten past Tuesday's hearing, he also intends to write his own update for the community. As always, he is very thankful to for your ongoing support!

Reminders:

1. The next hearing will be held on

Tuesday, July 22 from 1:00 p.m. until 4:45 p.m.

at the Department of Public Health Complex,

410 Capitol Avenue,

Hartford, Connecticut,

Conference Room ``C'' in Building 470.

All are welcome! It is likely that the mother of the children involved in the current charges will testify, responding to the testimony provided a few sessions ago by her ex-husband.

2. HOW TO DONATE TO THE LEGAL DEFENSE FUND:

Make Donations via check, payable to:

"Pullman & Comley Trust Account-for Dr. Charles Jones"

Mail to:

Elliott B. Pollack
90 State House Square
Hartford, CT 06103-3702

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up-

PS- Lou B will soon be moving this thread to Activism..

website for dr. jones is in the works..

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 10 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dilly,

thanks for the update; dr. jones will have his own website ...not on lymenet but elsewhere right?? thx [group hug] [kiss]

so $30,000 of $90,000 needed was met; $60 K left to raise SOON! and then $120,000 K

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

hi Betty-

i kept waiting for permission to release the numbers i heard, and never received it.

the number i heard was higher than what was provided here, but the basic situation is the same.

the very generous outpouring of support- in small amounts that added up to a lot- was HEARD by the bean counters.

WHAT WE HAVE ALL DONE MATTERS!! AND CONTINUES TO MATTER!!

The first goal was not met; what came in was not even close, but the support demonstrated allowed for some breathing room. That time may be measured in days, perhaps, but that's a start, as long as we keep on working on.

(PS- Betty- I am putting up the website, not Dr. Jones. I don't speak for him or anyone else,and won't on the website.

As quickly as I can manage to do it, i'm creating a website with the goal of providing potential donors the info they need to feel comfortable about contributing to DFr, J's legal defense fund.

dill

Cobweb
Unregistered

Although Activism is perhaps the appropriate place for this, it's too bad it can't be a Sticky at the top of each forum.

Especially since the intent of the thread is to reach as many people as possible.

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 14 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dilly,

thanks for additional info that YOU will be creating this web site on funding, etc.

as i stated to someone, whenever dr. jones writes his long letter to us all, sure would like to see it BROKEN UP FOR US NEUROS instead of the SUPER LONG PARAGRAPHS he writes!!!

i realize that's the way he wrote it; but why have someone spend extra time doing this when it can be made USER-FRIENDLY for us readers/DONATORS the first time!

cobweb carol, I AGREE WITH YOU; I'D LIKE TO SEE IT AT TOP OF ALL FORUMS RIGHT NOW! since we have so many reads that absolultely REFUSE TO VISIT ANY OTHER BOARD BRIEFLY!

CAROL, suggest you send your comment/mine to LOU B by click on his name at top left of each forum, and give him your suggestion.

it's just TOO CRITICAL WHETHER DR. JONES HAS LAWYERS WORKING STILL FOR HIM OR NOT.

no lawyers; his license will be removed, and end of treatments for LYME KIDS....************************************ [cussing]

then look out other LLMDS!!!

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

FUND-RAISING FOR DR. JONES CONTINUES, AND THE NEED IS AS URGENT!

Please see the information posted here about how to contribute.. it is just below this announcement of a VERY SPECIAL EVENT!!
---------------

PLEASE ATTEND, if you are able: a special screening to honor Dr. Jones, scheduled for
Thursday evening, August 7th, at the University of New Haven.

This is planned as a kickoff for his 80th birthday year celebration, and to bring attention to his legal battle before the CT Medical Board.

DR. JONES WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE!!

University of New Haven,
Department of Biology and Environmental Science
With Open Eye Pictures invites you to attend:

Under Our Skin
The Untold Story of Lyme Disease

Thursday August 7th, 2008
Doors Open at 5:30PM ~ Film starts at 6:30PM

HOST: Eva Sapi Ph.D. Associate Professor, University of New Haven

HONORING OUR SPECIAL GUEST:
Dr. Charles Ray Jones

Admission is FREE and open to the public

Under Our Skin- A dramatic tale of microbes, medicine and money, this eye-opening film
investigates the untold story of Lyme disease, an emerging epidemic larger than AIDS. Each year thousands go undiagnosed or misdiagnosed,
told that their symptoms are "all in their head."

Following the stories of patients and physicians as they battle for their lives and livelihoods, the film brings into focus a haunting picture of our health care system and its ability to cope with a silent terror under
our skin.

2008 University of New Haven symposium dvds & Cure Unknown� by Pam Weintraub will be available for purchase.

300 Boston Post Road, West Haven CT 06516

Directions at: http://www.newhaven.edu/
For additional info please call: 203-270-3301

We thank Andy Abrahams Wilson and Open Eye Pictures for this special
showing.

--------------------
--------------------
HOW TO DONATE TO DR. JONES' LEGAL DEFENSE FUND

YES,it is possible to use PayPal. Go to this link to do so:

http://tinyurl.com/6oa89h

This link will take you to lymesite.com, an authorized Jones collection site.

George Heath will continue to oversee the PayPal account and will transfer funds to the Pullman & Comley Trust Fund for Charles Ray Jones, M.D.

To repost the correct information for making out checks to the legal defense fund:

HOW TO DONATE TO THE LEGAL DEFENSE FUND (CHECKS):

Make checks payable to: " Pullman & Comley Trust Account-for Dr. Charles Jones"
Mail to:
Elliott Pollack
90 State House Square
Hartford, CT 06103-3702

bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dilly,

i mentioned this somewhere else, but could their big jars there to COLLECT DEFENSE FUNDS THERE THAT NIGHT AT EVERY ENTRANCE/EXIT DOOR?

since it's FREE, why not donate $10 or MORE which i've read is what has been charged elsewhere to go for dr. jones fund?

can you address this please? i sent my donation recently.... thx dilly! [group hug] [kiss]

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Hi Betty! [hi]

The organizer for this event is looking into your suggestion, an answer to come soon. [Smile]

Pickles

bettyg
Unregistered

dilly, thanks for checking into this!

i don't know how big the place is but 100 @ $10 is $1,000 which will again help.

perhaps in the NON-LYME ATTENDING, it might inspire folks to give AFTER they've seen this very touching film and especially dr. jones major contributions by treating the kids ... over 10,000 !!

thx my friend;

dilly, i know this isn't your area, but i wander if andy wilson, producer, might allow BIG CASH JUGS AT EACH PREMIER OF HIS FILM???

the money isn't coming in quick enough but with all these cities having premieres, why not tap into the people being there and asking for donations especially when they are LEAVING after viewing the entire film???

i keep looking at this as OPPORTUNITIES! SO i'm going to send andy wilson this note and see what he says!!

it doesn't hurt to ask; i'm been told NO all through my life! i'm used to rejection! [lol] [Wink]

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Betty- you are awesome. [group hug]

And to answer your question- YES, the organizers will have:

1. cash donation jars available

2. will be set up to receive PayPal donations on the spot

3. will be selling items with proceeds entirely or largely going to the defense fund

(including Pam Weintraub's book CURE UNKNOWN (50% of proceeds go the fund, the other 50% to the publisher) and handmade jewelry that has already been donated to the Jones' legal defense fund (100% proceeds go to the fund).

dilly

bettyg
Unregistered

dilly,

HIP HIP HOORAY!!! GREAT MONEY FUNDRAISERS BEING PLANNED!!

i'm so happy; i sent andy my email and this entire link; haven't heard back from him yet.

BUT i do think that EVERY VENUE SHOWING UNDER OUR SKIN should have money jars set up at beginning and afterwards to take DONATION MONEY FOR DEFENSE FUND!!!

i read where canada is airing it this week!! thanks for the feedback dilly!! [group hug] [kiss]

for those attending, please SOMEONE give dr. jones an extra hug/kiss from me,

bettyg, iowa activist!! thanks!

bettyg
Unregistered

hi all,

below is andy wilson's reply to me and a follow-up question/comment to him.....mine is at TOP; his reply is under mine! bg [Smile]

Andy and Eve,

Andy, thanks for your reply today! I believe I understand what you are saying below.

To clarify in my neuro lyme mind though, my question:

on PAYING VENUES nationwide, etc., can DR. JONES DONATION JARS BE PLACED IN THESE THEATERS??

I don't know if this involves you since they are paying to SHOW your wonderful documentary or not.

Can either of you explain further?

In my mind, NO permission would be needed; but I don't know all the ins/outs ... just looking at these paid venues as another way to raise $$ for Dr. Jones defense fund! [Smile]

Thanks for your additional time!

Everyone is so PLEASED what you/staff created in your final version of UNDER OUR SKIN!! We are just SO PROUD OF EACH OF YOU. We'd hug/kiss you if you were within reach! [Smile] [group hug] [kiss]

BettyG, Iowa lyme activist

--- On Wed, 7/30/08, Andy Abrahams Wilson wrote:

Subject: Re: Andy, please read this but MAINLY last post where I have a question on premiers of UOS; THX [Smile]

To: bettyg
Cc: "Eve Morgenstern"

Date: Wednesday, July 30, 2008, 7:38 AM

HI Betty,

Thanks for contacting me about this. We gave permission to a Connecticut group to host a major fundraising event for Dr. Jones using our film.

This was a one-time waiver and it does not stand for all groups at all times.

But if you or anyone else has a proposal, we'd be happy to hear it.

All My Best,
Andy

bettyg
Unregistered

up....more conversation!

canada will be AIRING TODAY theirs!!! [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement