LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » MMS ... an interesting experience

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MMS ... an interesting experience
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many people use MMS?

A month ago I was on it for about a week and it was one of the most powerful things I've ever used. The first dose gave me this clearing sensation that was amazing -- I felt pre-lyme. Then the herxes set in which were also vicious.

But I think it was one of the most powerful things I've ever tried. I plan to go back on it when I get Babs under control.

It seemed to "peel" some Layers of infection off that nothing else was helping. Not sure if it has long term benefit (that's always the trick isn't it?) but it seemed very promising.

I am aware it can be dangerous and I'm not saying its a perfect answer, but for some, may be good. Curious to hear others' stories.

Posts: 641 | From Nevada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOT for me. Too caustic...esp on the stomach. (I DID try it.)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96223 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMS can be hard on the Stomach, and seems to be even more so with Lyme disease.

I do not have Lyme, and it does not really bother my Stomach, providing I do not take it first thing in the morning on a completely empty Stomach at a higher dose.

I only use a max of eight drops. I use it as a Crohn's treatment, and it has worked quite well for that disease in my case.

I think even lower doses should be considered for Lyme. It is just too much for someone loaded with who knows how many pathogens.

You do have to err on the side of less rather than more. It is not a benign product and should be used with some respect.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tried it several years ago when lyme load was still high and puked my guts out. Had to get a presciption of carafate to soothe the esophagus.

Is not worth the risk, in my opinion.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8901 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMS in my opinion is one of several protocols that if embraced by the medical community, refined through formal trials and practice, would be much better and effective at treating Lyme than anything that these LLMDs are doing with their deadly antibiotics.

The trouble is, big pharma and the docs wouldn't make a lot of money at it, so we are left to our own devices and experiment with it, which can be dangerous.

The part about MMS that I feel I would need to research before starting it is that it is an oxidative therapy.

In other words it's the opposite of an anti-oxidant. It is an oxidant.

I'm not saying that this is a show-stopper, but I'd certainly want to know how to minimize the negative effects of using oxidative therapy before getting into it.

One of the great things in MMS's favor is that it not only kills Lyme and co's, but it also supposedly neutralizes mercury.

Other modalities that kill borrelia, which sequesters mercury only release the mercury when killing the bugs which in effect is freeing it up to float around again.

--------------------
-chaps
�Listen to the bell, Borrelia. It tolls for thee!�

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dan67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Artemisinin is oxidative too. very much so.

What's interesting is that I think a lot of peoples' MMS "bad reactions" are because they are Lyme people, not because the MMS is very toxic.

On discussion boards I've read where non-Lyme people are using MMS, they take tons of it with very little reaction except "my toenail fungus got better."

I'm NOT saying this makes MMS safe or recommended, just saying that I think the Lyme complex is being impacted which leads to the symptoms of distress.

I'll let everyone know my progress when I go back on it soon. I was up to about 8 drops per day with no ill effects other than herxing.

As an added benefit, to echo chaps, I found that MMS seemed to clean up ALL the crap in the body, and also sort of "self limit" herxes, if you will. The herxes happened but the MMS was sometimes the actual remedy for the herx.

In other words it is like an indiscriminate plow that wrecks through everything bad, bacteria, protozoa, toxins, whatever. It probably impacts the body negatively to some degree but the body can recover much faster than these infections, IMHO. Perhaps for this reason it could be used in a pulsing schedule?

What's crazy is if you look into MMS chemical as a sewer plant sterilizer it is AMAZING. Sewer operators talk about how it can bust through biofilm and pretty mcuh kill ANYTHING.

Maybe that's what some of us really sick infected people need? A nuclear bomb rather than targeted smart-bombs (LLMD antibiotics).

Plus folks let us not forget that antibiotics have side effects too -- removing your gall bladder can be risky, liver toxicity from other drugs, etc. etc. etc.

But with all that said... WHO here has used MMS and how much did it help? Isn't that really what matters?

Posts: 641 | From Nevada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chaps:

...it is that it is an oxidative therapy.

I'd certainly want to know how to minimize the negative effects of using oxidative therapy before getting into it.

Mepron is an oxidant too.

I don't think the LLMD's recommend anything in particular to use with that.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D Bergy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by chaps:
MMS in my opinion is one of several protocols that if embraced by the medical community, refined through formal trials and practice, would be much better and effective at treating Lyme than anything that these LLMDs are doing with their deadly antibiotics.

I agree with you 100%, and how it should be used for Lyme and most any other condition is up in the air.

If the FDA was about the health of the consumer, they would see to it these trials were done immediately. There really is no disputing its effectiveness to one degree or another for various conditions.

Their masters would scream bloody murder if they even began to objectively test it.

MMS is a selective oxidizer. That makes less of a "shotgun" treatment than you might think. Acidic pathogens are what it targets.

My wife used it for Lyme for a few weeks. It worked so well that a one drop dose was too much for her at first. I had to reduce it to one half a drop, and work up.

Stomach problems also stopped her use of it. This has happened with several oral Lyme treatments, not just MMS.

Dan

Posts: 2919 | From Minnesota | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Down the line I will be doing mms again. People r doing it differently now than when I was on it.Some r not using an activator and other different ways. Check out the lyme and rife group for info. Joyce
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chaps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chaps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard a couple of people say, not just about MMS but some other therapies they've tried: "I tried that, but it made me crash with bad herxes, so I stopped it."

Am I the only one who hears something like this and says, "huh?"

Bad herxes, crashing--that means it's working!

Sure, herxes that are too severe can kill a person and over toxify them, but that doesn't mean stop a therapy. To me, that means adjust it. Refine it. Perfect it.

I really think that alternatives like MMS, Salt/C, Rife, Ozone Insufflation, and Gut Healing Therapy should be the treatments of choice. Amalgam filling removal, root canal removal, and heavy metal detox should be included, preferably as a prereq for all of the above.

Since we know that the medical profession would rather see us die than help us to perfect these modalities, we as the lyme sufferer community have only each other to share information and feedback until we figure this stuff out among ourselves.

This is why I hope people who find success with a particular modality will post the particulars of their treatment. Information and unity are our best weapons.

[ 01-16-2011, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: chaps ]

--------------------
-chaps
�Listen to the bell, Borrelia. It tolls for thee!�

Posts: 631 | From A little place called, "we'll see." | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl777
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD started me on MMS after I'd been on Mepron for 4 months for babesia. He said it was good at clearing out babesia. I've now been off mepron for a month and am continuing to take the MMS but haven't been able to get up to more than 4 drops so far.
Posts: 258 | From Spokane, WA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

If it clears out Babesia, it must take a while. My wife took it for about a month. While the Babesia was not a problem during that time, it did come back at a later time.

If it were myself, I would not go over eight drops a day maximum, and you could do with just the four you are using.

Your Stomach may give out, as it has with many other with Lyme, and then you are done.

Dan

Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If colonics were used in conjunction with MMS would people be able to continue using it rather than stopping due to their stomachs giving out?

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know nothing about MMS at the moment, so I purchased a book about it. Why is it that it hammers the stomach, and what can one do to reduce that effect?

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iamgreek
Member # 29517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for iamgreek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know of someone who tried MMS. When she was done with the protocol she complained that it was useless, and she felt horrible on it.

That same girl years latter is Lyme's free. No co infections....Gone.
Maybe it was the MMS, or a combo of things..not sure.
But I think I'm going to give it a try eventually.

Posts: 85 | From Long Branch NJ | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dan67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20344

I just talked to a lady who got to 80% well after being bed ridden with MMS, but after 4 months she had to stop it due to stomach issues. She is still 80% well even after stopping it for several months.
Sheryl777
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dan,

I think my doctor let the Mepron do the heavy lifting for babesia and was more interested in making sure it didn't come back with the MMS - my interpretation. 5 1/2 months of Mepron with artemesinin was bad for side effects but hopefully it's over with. As instructed I keep the MMS down to the number of drops that I can tolerate and that was one a day for some time. A month off the Mepron and the babesia has not returned.

Sheryl

Posts: 258 | From Spokane, WA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

I hope it works for you. It has produced some pretty amazing results for some conditions. Mine included.

Dan

canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a colonics done once in texas and the lady who performed it had Lyme and used MMS and anti-parasitic herbs to put Lyme into remission.

She said she will forever take the anti-parasitic herbs.

She SWORE to me that I needed to take MMS.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by METALLlC BLUE:
Why is it that it hammers the stomach, and what can one do to reduce that effect?

Colonics!

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know how to use this transdermally? Is it still effective when used this way?

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brentb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lululymemom:
Does anyone know how to use this transdermally?

Works great! I add 10-15 drops activated to 1/2-1 teaspoon of DMSO to 1-2 teaspoon of distilled water. Best taken after a shower. Also, putting on large area such as the thighs works well. Putting on anything over the shoulders and i would water it down even more. This can burn your skin! Another essential with this is coconut oil. I slather it all over when I'm done. This is serious medicine in that I can actually feel the toxins get neutralized seconds after taking it. ie I feel better

I've worked up from 1 drop a day to 15*3 a day and have quite at least 2-3 times only to come back. Now, I never get off it, but I'll go down to 10-20 drops a day until I feel like ramping up again. The key is to take your time. One last thing, I pulse antibiotics and take other natural antimicrobials with this. MMS alone wont do it(least for me). I've even done large infusions of the stuff. Worked great but no one shot wonder. It's a long slow process, but at least I'm heading in the right direction.

[ 01-18-2011, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: brentb ]

Posts: 731 | From Humble,TX | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lululymemom
Member # 26405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lululymemom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, brentb, do you order online for the DMSO or can you buy it at any retailers? I will be taking natural antimicrobials with this.. I think this is a great alternative way to use this product since I have alot of stomach issues.

--------------------
IGM 41 IND, 83-93+ IGG 31 IND,34 IND, 41++, 58+, 83-93 IND

31 Epitope test neg.

Bartonella henselae 1:100

Posts: 2027 | From British Columbia | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brentb
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6899

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brentb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I purchased a 99.9% pure DMSO from an online retailer. Take care not to buy anything cheap as it is a solvent and some people sell it for that. Meaning lots of impurities. Can't recall the name though, sorry.
Posts: 731 | From Humble,TX | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D Bergy
Member # 9984

One other thing I have used MMS for is food poisoning. I ate some jello salad stuff with tangerines, and whipped cream in it that had been in the fridge too long apparently.

I remember wondering if it was alright, before I ate it. Usually I will throw it, if there is any question. The last thing you want, if you have Crohn's is to challenge your guts.

Well, I really liked that stuff so I convinced myself it was OK. It was the only questionable thing I ate, and at 2:00 AM I woke up with that barfy feeling, and I knew what it was.

I debated whether to use activated charcoal, or MMS as I had both. I was nauseated enough, that I was not sure if I could get that nasty MMS down without puking.

I decided to try it, at a four drop dose, since I am of a curious nature. Ten minutes later I went back to bed with no stomach problems at all.

Pretty impressive, and saved me from a world of misery.

Dan

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement