LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Liver Packs and Bile Duct Flushes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Liver Packs and Bile Duct Flushes
17hens
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few people have asked me about this so I thought I'd put it all on one thread so it's easier to find in a search.

This way, I can update my daughter's progress too.

posted 02-09-2011
My DD is doing liver detox right now (for the last 2 weeks and ongoing as needed). She's done 2 castor oil packs followed by mini flushes each week for the past 2 weeks. Tomorrow she'll start the 1st day of a 4 day simple bile duct flush.

I was a little overwhelmed in the beginning as it seemed like so much to do but it's been much easier than I thought.

posted 02-12-2011
One thing I've been told by 2 different RN homeopaths is that as important as liver support is, it encourages the liver to work and if you have blocked or full ducts then it's not good to encourage it. The blockage or bile must be flushed first.

My daughter is starting Step 2 of the Simple Bile Duct Flush today. I'm seeing more energy and a bit less brain fog already.

I'll post the protocol she's been in a separate post below.

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
posted 02-12-2011

Liver Bile Duct Flush

Weekly directions are to do 2 castor oil packs and 2 mini flushes weekly. Mini flush is to be done the day after the castor oil pack.

A sample weekly schedule could be Sat. Castor Oil Pack, Sun. Mini Flush, Wed. Castor Oil Pack, Thu. Mini Flush. Four consecutive days would be fine too.

The 4 day Bile Duct Flush does well to start on a Wednesday and finish up on a Sunday. Wed, Thu & Fri would be step#1 while Sat.&Sun would be step#2-4. Note: you�ll need to be near a toilet for steps #2-4.

Week 1: 2 castor oil packs followed by mini flush

Week 2: 2 castor oil packs followed by mini flush

Week 3 or 4: do a 4 day Bile Duct Flush

--------------------------------------------

Castor oil packs:

Castor oil is different from other oils because it contains a large amount of recinolinic acid which is a triglyceride of fatty acids. It has the unusual ability to stimulate the lymphatic tissue in any organ when used in the form of a topical castor oil pack. The lymphatic tissue is the �clean-up crew� of any organ or tissue. Stimulating the �clean up crew� of the liver is very important since the liver cleans the blood.

How to apply a castor oil pack over your liver:
You will need the following items:
- cold pressed castor oil (16oz approx. $10 at local health food store)
- wool flannel (lg. pack approx $15 at local health food store)
- hot water bottle of preferably a heating pad

Note: the wool flannel is sold in a plastic bag at the health food store. The pack holds 2 pieces of flannel, each about 12" x 24". Fold one piece of flannel in 3rds so that the longest piece is 24" long, able to reach 1/2 way around your torso.

1. Place the wool flannel in a baking dish. Saturate the wool flannel with � - � cups of castor oil. Place a lid on the baking dish and heat in a conventional oven at 150 degrees, 15-20 minutes.

2. While heating the wool flannel, prepare the area where you will be lying down to do the castor oil pack. You will need to place a rubber or plastic sheet or sheeting underneath of you so you don�t soil the area with the castor oil.

3. Once your castor oil pack is warm, you are ready to place the pack over your liver area. Be careful not to burn yourself with a castor oil pack that is too hot.

The liver is on the right side of our body. The level of application of the castor oil pack has to be high on the right side � just under the right breast. The pack should cover an area from the middle of the chest directly across the chest to around the right side.

The pack needs to be next to the skin. Cover the oil laden wool pack with a piece of plastic that is a little bigger than the pack (a kitchen garbage bag is fine).

Cover the plastic with the heating pad. Make sure you have the heating pad set at the highest setting you can tolerate without burning yourself.

Finally, lay a small towel over the heating pad and tie the whole thing to you. A good thing to use is an old ace bandage.

4. The castor oil pack works best if it is allowed to be applied for at least 2 hours or more. There is no contraindication in using it for much longer. For example, if you fall asleep with the castor oil pack on all night, it won�t hurt you.

I do recommend that you turn off the heating pad after two hours, if possible. You may leave the pack in place but the electrical heating pad will be shut off thus limiting exposure to negative electro-magnetic force or EMF.

After removing the pack, wash skin with water and baking soda. This cuts the oil nicely and removes toxins.

Caring for your Castor oil pack:

1. The castor oil pack may be used over and over for approximately 25 times before it needs to be replaced or washed. It is important to add 1-2 T of fresh castor oil to the pack with each reuse. The pack needs to be stored in an air tight container between uses.

For example, you can use the same baking dish that you heat it in. Keep it air tight. A zip lock bag is also OK. Just keep it air tight. You do not have to refrigerate the castor oil pack. Castor oil is very stable oil.

2. If you desire to wash your castor oil pack for reuse, you should first soak it overnight to break down the oil. Place this pack in a bucket and pour just enough water to cover it. Add 1 cup of white vinegar and � cup of baking soda. Mix well and soak overnight.

The next day you may wash the pack by itself in the washing machine. Do not use hot water. Line dry. You won�t get every bit of oil out of the pack by washing it, but enough will be removed to recycle it.

------------------------------------------------

MINI FLUSH:

Drink a mini flush the day after applying castor oil pack to the liver. This is a drink to stimulate bile flow from the liver. The mini flush enhances digestion as well as detoxification. If the bile is not flowing freely from the liver, the liver is not evacuating the poisons that the liver has removed from the blood. This mini flush encourages this drainage. It works especially well after a castor oil pack.

1 lemon
1.5 cups of spring or distilled water
4 T frozen grapefruit juice (@ walmart)
1 T of cold pressed olive oil
(I was able to find all this at my local grocery store)

(If you cannot find frozen grapefruit juice, you may substitute with one cup of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and eliminate the water.)

How to mix: in a blender, mix the above ingredients. Cut the lemon in four pieces, but use the whole lemon (rind and seeds). After it is mixed well and is mush, strain it through a wire strainer. This liquid is the mini flush.

It may be ingested all at once or divided-up in 1/4 before each meal and 1/4 before bedtime. Do take it before a meal. I find the best way to use the mini flush is to drink half of it first thing in he morning and save the other half for just before bedtime. All has to be used within 24 hours.

----------------------------------------------

Simple Bile Duct Flush

The liver is the main organ in the body for detoxification. Every three minutes all your blood volume flows through your liver to be cleansed. The poisons leave your liver in a substance called bile. The bile must be able to flow out of the liver through the bile ducts. These bile ducts can become cluttered with debris like sand, gravel, even small stones.

There are some herbs that stimulate bile flow, called bitters. But, even the best herbal bitters cannot remove the debris clogging these bile ducts. For this reason I have found it necessary to flush these ducts using the following method.

This liver bile duct flush clears away the sand, gravel, and/or stones allowing the bile to move out of the liver via the bile ducts. Eventually, the debris is evacuated with the stool. This flush can also help to remove some of the debris trapped in the gallbladder since the gallbladder stores bile.

Step 1
In order to soften the debris before trying to move it, we want you to drink 1 cup of apple juice containing 120 drops of a phosphoric acid called "Ultra-Phos." You should do this for at least 3 days but no longer than five days. This can be done any time of day at your convenience. You should finish this before moving to step two.

Step 2
The purpose of step two is to relax the muscles lining the bile ducts so they will stay open, allowing the softened debris to pass out of the liver. On the last day of softening with the apple juice & Ultra-Phos mixture, you must also start this step.

Two hours after lunch, mix 4 scoops of Magna-Calm powder in approximately 8 ounces of hot apple juice (or boiling water). The scoop is in the bottle. Have another drink handy to chase away this powdery residue. The magnesium citrate does not have a taste. Due to the magnesium citrate's ability to cause a laxative effect, be near a toilet.

You must take a second dose of Magna-Calm sometime before your evening meal or "supper." This second dose is 2 scoops of Magna-Calm powder in 4 ounces of hot apple juice (or boiling water). This goes down easier due to it being half as much powder. You must finish this step before going on the step three.

Step 3
Eat a light supper like soup and salad. After you eat supper you are now ready to prepare and drink the flushing cocktail.

Mix the following together in a blender:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice
the juice of 1/2 fresh-squeezed lemon

Drink this cocktail as fast as possible. You may use a straw to avoid tasting the olive oil. Another little trick to avoid smelling the olive oil is to place eucalyptus oil or Vick's Vapor Rub under your nostrils. These little tips are helpful due to the fact that some people complain of nausea at this point. Any nausea experienced just means it's working. Things are moving!!! In fact, the nausea only signals how much you really needed to do this flush.

Immediately after ingesting the cocktail, lie down on your right side for a half-hour. Pull your knees up toward your chest as in the fetal position. This will aid the cocktail mixture to go to the gallbladder/liver area inducing the release of bile in a flushing effect.

Please note: it is rare but occasionally people may need to vomit this cocktail during the night. If this happens, it does not have to be repeated. Vomiting is very rare. Again, it just means it is working and you really needed to do this flush.

Step 4
It is now the morning after the cocktail. Congratulations! The worst is over! All you have to do during step four is to successfully evacuate the debris from your body. You will do this with a bowel movement. In order to keep the bile ducts open today, you must drink 2 more scoops of Magna-Calm in 4 ounces of hot apple juice (or boiling water). Again, remember this has a laxative effect.

Take this dose of magnesium citrate powder as soon as you get up today. Today you will also need to drink a mini flush mixture which you are very familiar with drinking during the weeks leading up to this time. The mini flush will induce more bile to flow from the gall-bladder and liver. This will also help move debris.

Final Note: If you know how to do castor oil packs over your liver, I strongly advise you to do at least one during your "bile duct flush." This will enhance your results. A good day to do the castor oil pack is on the day of the cocktail. Remember to keep yourself well hydrated by drinking lots of water. Happy flushing!

I bought these products from the treating RN:
Magna-Calm by Longevity Science, 8oz $19.95 (this is mag. citrate)
Ultra-Phos Liquid by Ultra Life, 60cc $9.99

If you is interested in doing this flush but can't find the products, let me know and I'll try to get them for you.

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

posted 02-12-2011

It all sounds very complicated but it's really not...

Week 1
Castor Oil Pack
Mini Flush

Castor Oil Pack
Mini Flush
--------------------------
Week 2
Castor Oil Pack
Mini Flush

Castor Oil Pack
Mini Flush
----------------------------
Week 3 or 4
Wed - 1c hot apple juice w/ 120 drops Ultra-Phos.
Thu - 1c hot apple juice w/ 120 drops Ultra-Phos.
Fri - 1c hot apple juice w/ 120 drops Ultra-Phos.

Sat. -
after breakfast - 1c hot apple juice w/ 120 drops Ultra-Phos.

2 hrs after lunch - 4 scoops Magna-Calm & 8oz hot apple juice. (near toilet)

Castor oil pack for 2 hours

Drinking lots of water!!!

Before Dinner - 2 scoops Magna-Calm & 8 oz hot apple juice. (near toilet)

Dinner - lite!! soup/salad

Before bed - Bile Duct Flush Cocktail
1/2 c. olive oil
1/2 c. fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
1/2 of lemon, juice fresh squeezed
(drink as fast as possible, straw to taste less, vick's vapor rub under nose, knees up to chest)

Sun. - upon waking, drink - 2 scoops Magna-Calm & 4oz hot apple juice (near toilet)

Lunchtime - Mini Flush

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

17hens
Member # 23747

posted 03-01-2011

To update -

After the Mini Bile Duct Flush, continued liver packs and mini flushes are necessary (2 X a week) for the next 2 or more weeks to keep the liver open as it's depleting the amount of bile and toxins. It will soon be able to stay open/unblocked on it's own.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

17hens
Member # 23747

posted 04-02-2011

Because a few people have asked me for this information, I want to add an explanation.

When we started this liver detox for my daughter, she had been on abx therapy for 11 months.

In the last 6 months I had noticed increases in physical fatigue (which hadn't been one of her symptoms before treatment started), her brain fog had increased tremendously, and all of a sudden she had became very constipated (no BM for 5 days).

I had a feeling something was wrong (wasn't working right) but didn't figure out it was liver/detoxing problems until the constipation. That was my red flag.

So when we started this back in February, DD was in pretty bad shape.

During this process, DD stayed home from school for 5 weeks. Her brain and energy could not get her thru the day (actually not thru one hour of school).

Well, today is her 3rd mini bile duct flush, (so we've been at this for 9 weeks) and she's been back at school for 2 weeks now! Her brain function, energy and stamina are probably at 75% or more! This is working!!!

It is unblocking the liver and kidneys, allowing them to move the toxins out of the body. The result is more energy and much less brain fog.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

17hens
Member # 23747

Update -

This past weekend was DD's third bile duct flush.

On Saturday (main flush day) she felt sort of nauseous all day. And Saturday night, after the big flush drink (olive oil, grapefruit juice, lemon juice) she felt very nauseous. She couldn't sleep for a few hours as she felt quite sick.

But we've been told this is normal, nothing to worry about and even that when you feel sick it means things are working, that the sicker you feel the more you actually needed to do this. So we tried not to worry but take it in stride.

On Sunday evening, she passed 30++ green liver stones or gallbladder stones. They were not painful.

She has been very tired all week, which is normal, as it takes 5-7 days to get your energy back after a flush. She's also been complaining about body aches and head pressure. She's also had an "almost sore" throat. All of this could be bart, as she has been off any lyme&co treatment since the beginning of January. My mind always jumps to Bart.

I called the nurse yesterday about the fatigue and head pressure and she said all the symptoms could be caused by the liver trying to empty. We should do a liver pack and drink a mini flush which we did.

I could tell this morning that DD felt a bit better. She had more energy although she was quite pale. She had enough energy to go to school so that was good!

This afternoon though, she called from school and told me she'd been having sharp strong pains in her tummy and thought she'd better come home. It wasn't nauseau and since we didn't know what it was, I called the nurse to ask what it could be.

She said it sounded like there was more the liver was trying to flush but the ducts weren't fully open. Our instructions were to take 1 scoop of magna-calm with a cup of hot water or apple juice and do another liver pack today and drink a mini flush tomorrow.

So far, her fatigue has improved enough to return to school, although not full days,

her brain fog is all but gone,

she's passed bile in her stool (looked like green seaweed leaves) and now passed stones.

We're getting there - getting rid of the junk so that her body can once again function as it should and start detoxing properly!

I'll keep you posted!

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

17hens
Member # 23747

Wow, I haven't updated this in a quite a while. Sorry about that.

DD has done at least 1 bile duct flush a month since beginning this treatment.

She has passed bile (looked like seaweed leaves) and stones and sludge (dark and sticky and splattering - sorry if TMI).

Her last bile duct flush did not have as much exciting results as previous flushes. We are expecting that soon, she'll be able to spread out the liver packs and flushes so as not to do them so often.

The final goal will be once or twice a year as maintenance. OR until she leaves for college and forgets all about mom and her really fun health routines. [Smile]

[ 07-06-2011, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: 17hens ]

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!! Thank you for doing this!! Now I don't have to look so hard to find the info!!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Note:

Liver packs can be done on the kidney as well if the kidneys need flushing.

If there is kidney disease or abnormal kidney chemistry, the liver packs and flushes can be hard on the kidney and should only be done under physician's instruction.

If you can't get Magna-Calm (magnesium citrate) to use in the bile duct flush, you can replace it with Epsom Salt - replace 1 T epsom salt for each 2 tsp. of magnesium.

Also, Ultra-phos Liquid (ortho-phosphoric acid) can be replaced by drinking plain hot apple juice. Drink 1 quart of hot apple juice per day for 6 days in a row, the 6th day falling on step 3 of bile duct flush.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hens I thought we were not supposed to drink juice ??!! 1 quart must have alot of sugar, is she on Lyme meds still? I did my first liver pack last night. I haven't started the flushes. Will gather my thoughts and try this as well. I have alot of fatigue and brainfog so I am hoping this helps !!

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

flutterby, DD hasn't been on any meds (except sleeping pills) since December. She's on lots of natural support instead (Standard Process).

So she doesn't have to stay away from juice as yeast is not an issue for her.

Although she drank the apple juice for the first few months she practically gagged on it after awhile. Now I mix everything with hot water instead of hot apple juice. At least she gets it down this way.

You're welcome, scorpiogirl. I do hope it helps.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Jamers
Member # 28016

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is very nice of you to post all this. I've been wanting to try the castor oil packs but was unsure how to do so.

Question...Can I just do the castor oil pack and the Mini flush? Would it still be beneficial this way?

--------------------
Diagnosed Pos. Lyme Nov. 17, 2010, Igx.
Pos. Babesia Duncani March 2011, Igx.
Clinical diagnosis for Bartonella

Posts: 1127 | From North Carolina | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

What happens to my daughter when she goes too long doing castor oil packs and mini flushes without doing the bile duct flush is she starts feeling very toxic and symptoms (fatigue mostly) start creeping back in.

Picture your liver caked with gunk on the outside and clogged with gunk on the inside. Very dirty. Keeps it from working well.

The hot oil soften the gunk. The mini flushes loosen the gunk. The bile duct flushes sweep the gunk away, one layer at a time.

So I guess the answer to your question is "not really, no."

Please remember, I'm just speaking from my DD's experience. I'm not a medical anything, I got a D in 9th grade biology and I have never been professionally trained in liver packing and flushing.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for all of this wonderful info. Is there an alternative to the apple juice, for those of us on antibiotics, Hens ?

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

flutterby,

you can replace the hot apple juice with hot water when you mix the magnesium or the phosphoric acid into it (bile duct flush).

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hens - you are such a gem for always posting such helpful information. This is a great thread. Thanks. I just ordered organic castor oil and wool flannel clothes. Step one.

Tammy
xo

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

I'm glad so many find this interesting if not helpful information. Really, it makes me very happy to think that I can help someone here just by sharing.

I hope it helps all of you like it's helped my daughter. Be patient though. This is not an instant fix. It takes dedication to see improvement. My daughter actually reminds me now when she wants a liver pack - it makes her feel so much better.

Tammy! [hi] Glad to hear you're interested in this! Step two - rob a bank to pay for organic lemons!! [group hug]

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

17hens
Member # 23747

UP

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks so much for posting all of this. I knew that the castor oil packs were a good thing to do and now that you have posted all the directions with the flush info, it will be a lot easier.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up. Great thread. Thanks
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks James for bringing this helpful thread back to life...

My problem is finding the TIME to do all this. I spend 5 hours of my day dripping IV... and I have to find the time for all the other herbs and supplements and binders... so while I WANT to do this there simply isn't a good time for me to try! [Frown]

Any suggestion 17Hens?

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Hens - is it absolutely necessary to use the WHOLE lemon, instead of just using the juice alone? It would be SOOO much easier to use just the juice! Then we could just add the liquids (without the aid of a blender) and drink.

I've never done these flushes, but I want to try it. I just ordered some organic 100% grapefruit juice from Amazon.

P.S. Hens, it's so nice to see that you take care of your children so much!!! They must really love you. So many parents are negligent these days (or they don't have time)...

17hens
Member # 23747

Scorpio girl, I have a friend who does the liver packs over night, wraps a big towel around herself and goes to bed. Before bed, she makes the miniflush and puts it in the fridge so when she wakes up in the morning, she drinks the cold miniflush, unwraps herself from the towel and pack and gets in the shower.

The bile duct flushes really have one "busy" day and can be done on a Saturday if you plan it right. And when you get used to them, they don't seem so busy after all.

Liver packs work best if done in the eve. when your liver is at it resting point. They open the liver up.

Mini flushes are best done the next morning upon waking as they loosen up the things stuck in the ducts.

The bile duct flushes are important to do as they actually flush the "things" (stones, bile, etc). If you don't do the bile duct flushes, you are missing an important part of the process.

After 8 months of this protocol and much progress, my daughter wanted a break. Her nurse said she could do liver packs at night and the next morning do a coffee enema followed by a mini flush and that would give her a break from the bile duct flush and should keep her from backsliding in her progess. It seems to be working well with many things being flushed out in the enemas.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

17hens
Member # 23747

James, I don't know enough about it to say one way or another. I'd think if you could just use the juice, it would be written somewhere but all I've seen says the whole lemon.

I'm afraid you'll need that blender.

PS. That's a nice sentiment but the reality is in the perception. Many days, I apparently inflict torture, not care and love. [Smile]

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by James1979:
I just ordered some organic 100% grapefruit juice from Amazon.

Store bought juice, even organic, is pastuerized, which destroys much of their benefit. For the purposes of these cleanses, I'd squeeze my own grapefruit juice.

When I did the Hulda Clark liver cleanse, it was only one grapefruit.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Thanks for the tip, sixgoofy! I agree with your advice, and probably I'll just keep the store-bought stuff on hand for whenever I don't have fresh grapefruits available.
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh ! I just don't get it.....Are you talking about a colon cleanse???? Like take the pills they give you before a colonoscopy??? Drink something to help liver and kidney detox or take drops then flush out?????? [confused] [dizzy] [shake]

There is so much to do... Is clogged bile duct regular constipation
??????

Are we talking enema's ?????

I'm on 3 abx plus artemisinin,cholestyramine, Vit d, cod liver oil, 3 probiotics,vicodin, valium., powdwer green Food Alive.. That's to start,,I throw in other supplements when can.

Been bad sick for 5/ started a bit before this.

It used to be that I could take an antibiotic or two and something for pain and get by for a few days to see family.

Last year I got 4 steroid shots for back and hip in a 5 month period. Eight hours after the shot in hips I got extremely sick and can't get myself back to that bit of adjusting... Lord God help us>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> [confused]

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

quote:
Originally posted by sixgoofykids:
For the purposes of these cleanses, I'd squeeze my own grapefruit juice. When I did the Hulda Clark liver cleanse, it was only one grapefruit. [/QB]

Yes, when my daughter does her bile duct flushes, we squeeze a grapefruit for the juice too. Only the biweekly mini flushes call for frozen grapefruit juice.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

James1979
Unregistered

Nonna - have you learned already that steroids are very bad when you have these infections?? I couldn't tell by reading your post if you've learned that already.
Mo
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow. i really feel this thread needs a bit of balance, and i'm concerned about members here lately with rather severe gastro symptoms,
dealing with liver issues, ect..

these natural means of cleansing are fantastic in their right place and time..

but holy crap, guys..
please note that manipulation of a single organ to expell it's toxins is really, imo,
an ALLOPATHIC method.

in doing so, you must have full knowledge and account for what comes before and after that organ, and the effect of expelling bile from it.

your body is a system... manipulating one organ has a direct effect on all the rest. encouraging those organs to expell, and the process IS so effective it moves toxins from one organ to the other,
and through the ducts.
you ARE moving toxins each time to and from many places..that should never be done without necessity and allot of care.

it's great that lymenet has become more educated and willing to understand natural or "alternative" health means which IMO done well is the only way to go...

but please balance these ideas with more caution and education. it may not be a popular comment but i'm quite certain it's necessary. i believe i have a good body of knowledge of "alternative" medicine and agree with proper use of these methods.
i just don't want to see anyone get hurt.

take care,
mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chootik
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chootik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So Mo how would you suggest we should go about the detoxing?

Are you saying we should add kiddney and other organ detox with the liver flushes?

Also question for 17hens, I have low Blood Pressure so Grapefruit Juice would not work for me, can I not add that to the mix or substitue?

Posts: 247 | From Ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wouldb't begin to know how each person should go about detoxing, obviously it's based on condition and need..

barring an emergency where say the GB was at stake, i would not use any means that are,
as i see it, allopathic.

some liver cleanse flushes have the same effect as if you were to go in with a needle and suck the toxins right out. sounds great, however the longer term implications, or even immediate ones, can be problematic and even dangerous,
as per my other post.

so, if ill and/or on meds or other microbe killing therapies, i would say the most effective and healthy way to go about it is to encourage full system detox.

allot can be accomplished with skilled homeopathic applications.

i would also start by using excellent binders, but long term, months even.

green clay/psyllium husks/activated charcoal
injested daily actually encourages liver and GB detox by way of soaking up toxins and infection in the GI tract.. you get liver flushing this way as a response to the internal clay detox plus binders in the gut to keep everything from recycling and making you sick(er).

with that, healing gut lining issues (which we all have) and actually effectively replenishing gut flora is critical, and also encourages full system detox.

beyond that, one might need "flushing" or cleansing at specific times..
but i would not start anything harsh as far as metal/toxin gb or liver cleansing until good binders are used for months.

these binders remove metals, infection and toxins from the system safely and effectively.

you feel better from day one and onward.

kidney cleanse herbs can come into play if homeopathics, drinking electrolytes or vit C crystals don't keep them clear (ie, they will hurt in the lower back)..
kidney cleanse herbs such as parsley, juniper, dandelion ect are very mild.

drink lots of HOT water and teas, for real, enough clean water, and hot lemon water drunk first thin in the AM is a mini liv er flush that works, every day.

somewhere in this process you must address parasites, and when you do flora/infection/toxins/leaky gut issues will abound, so must be dealth with during and
long after intestinal parasite cleansing.

i am not so good at writing these days, but this is an idea of my thoughts.

take care,
mo

Posts: 8337 | From the other shore | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chootik
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chootik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Mo.

I think we're all doing some or all of what you mentioned above.

Unfortunately for me I can't take binders. Everytime I take them it attaches to too many things and I get palpitations!

I have to see what I can do instead of that.

Thanks

Posts: 247 | From Ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
really? even clay and psyllium?
and once you find good binders, it takes months to fully cleanse such a vast system as organs and intestines.

i'm speaking of actually using these therapies to efficacy - so the effect is your own body is detoxing better, which is the goal for long term health.
i see people "doing these things", but perhaps not effectively.

it's the difference between relying on glutathione IV, which will detox you in the short term, good in crisis..
but rather to get your own body to produce glutathione via specific support, immunocal, probiotics, ect. is truly healing,
and will not damage.

i forgot to mention epsom salt/baking soda/peroxide and/or crystal salt baths -
2x a week, and detox footbaths (also encourage liver to cleanse, but a system-wide response is induced, not just one organ)

anything detoxing through skin lightens the load on your body and is a better way to detoxify when you are overloaded, but even this taxes your organs.
(about the same as a short fast would)

m

James1979
Unregistered

Mo (or others): Is green clay supposed to be good for detoxing heavy metals? Is it considered efficient, or is it too slow?

Thanks

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is green clay high is sulfur? Anyone know?
Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo
Member # 2863

it's very efficient, injested,
or stronger heavy metal effects in full body or footbaths (these are STRONG, you will feel them tug at the organs and at that point you stop)
they have an after effect.
look up LLmagnetic clay baths.

injested,
(that would be green or bentonite clay)
in the stomach/intestinal organs it begins soaking up heavy metals, infection,
general toxins,
each day over many yards of intestine.

the cleansing of the bowel induces the upper bowel and organs to also detox and release, many fail to realize how much so.
overdoing it with cleansing on top of all this makes you sick by way of overworking
these organs and/or displacing a load of toxins to another organ or brain..

parasites complicate this whole thing of coarse.. but this is the idea.

and what i'm sticking to to get through
my illness.

m

Mo
Member # 2863

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Mo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh, and i'm on rocephin right now, so it's not like i'm saying go granola and eat mung beans and rice to tackle these horrendous diseases..

pay allot of attention to leaky gut.
i've recently realized it has caused allot of my symptoms that i thought were worsening TBD's.
allot of my most scary symptoms..
relieved by addressing toxins in my gut.
and that can be relieved well if you do it right.

toxins and infection go straight to my brain from there, so this is the center of healing imo.
not to mention immune function.

mo

James1979
Unregistered

Mo - thanks for the info!
Gratitude
Member # 31314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gratitude   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finding out what foods I'm allergic/sensitive to and eliminating them from my diet has helped my leaky gut.

Common culprits: gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, corn

Posts: 57 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement