LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Penetrex Cream for Pain. A MIRACLE!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Penetrex Cream for Pain. A MIRACLE!
lucky8711
Member # 26221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucky8711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm up with joint pain and some "physical anxiety". you know the kind that just is symptomy. Not thought related.

Figured I would get on and post about this cream because it works so well. Now I'm not in pain at all after applying...just up from the anxiety.

After searching and searching for relief from the moderate to severe joint, muscle, and nerve pain I am pretty much constantly living with, My Mom brings me Penetrex cream.

I have tried hoardes of things, from conventional pain killers to neurontin.

From magnesium baths to muscle relaxers, and of course a bunch of different creams such as Bio Freeze, Flex cream, and God only knows what else.

This Penetrex cream works Amazingly!

It numbs out the pain without a numb feeling. It dosen't feel cold or hot, and dosen't smell overly mentholish.

It is somewhat costly at about $20 per jar but it is well worth it.

I am suffering with Pain from BART right now and it is remarkable how instantly it works.

I know that we are all different and different things work for all of us, but if you are at a loss for relief I highly suggest you give it a shot.

http://www.penetrex.com/

So now I am just up from a result of the anxiety but no more pain...where applied.

I hope it helps some or all of you that decide to try it.

Merry Christmas!

J

Posts: 80 | From RI | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the info. I just ordered some.

I had heard about a new prescription pain cream called Pennsaid - was going to ask a doctor about it - but will try this first.

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucky8711
Member # 26221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucky8711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
susank-

Awesome. I hope it works as well for you as it has so far for me.

Bare in mind that the more it is applied the better it will work. But for me there was instant relief which seemss get better with each application.

I just applied a whole bunch and am so content and comfy. Which is a rareity for me.

I will be starting a new ABX combo tomorrow so I am hoping it will be my saving grace through the Herxes.

I hope you find relief using it as I have.

Hugs.

J

Posts: 80 | From RI | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucky8711
Member # 26221

susank-

Awesome. I hope it works as well for you as it has so far for me.

Bare in mind that the more it is applied the better it will work. But for me there was instant relief which seemss get better with each application.

I just applied a whole bunch and am so content and comfy. Which is a rareity for me.

I will be starting a new ABX combo tomorrow so I am hoping it will be my saving grace through the Herxes.

I hope you find relief using it as I have.

Hugs.

J

kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to hear from others who have tried this cream. Thank you for posting about it. It looks good.
Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a search for it and read the reviews at Amazon.

google amazon.com and Penetrex

that is where i ordered.

There are about 350 reviews - mostly 5 star,

I need the pain relief. I don't recall if the cream has healing properties?

If it works - it cannot arrive here fast enough!!!

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to find the ingredient list for this cream. I couldn't. Is it on the actual jar or wrapping? Could you post if you have it, please.

I notice the company offers free jars to those who post a positive experience. Read the1-2 star experiences posted on Amazon.

Take care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Found the ingredient list:

Purified Water, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Esters, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Choline Bitartrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Methylsulfonylmethane, Glucosamine Sulfate, Ethoxydiglycol, Cetyl Myristoleate, Boswellia Serrata (Frankincense) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Cinnamomum Camphora (Camphor), Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Polysorbate Sixty, Dimethicone, Ammonium Acryloyl-Dimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/

Skin Deep (Environmental Working Group)

safety data base for personal care products
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Some other things to also consider - from the website of Bastyr University of Naturopathic Medicine near Seattle:
-----------------------------------------

http://www.bastyrcenter.org/content/view/527/

Peppermint Oil Relieves Nerve Pain

Topical applied peppermint oil may provide relief from a painful and difficult-to-treat nerve condition known as post-herpetic neuralgia, according to a case report in The Clinical Journal of Pain(2002;18:200�2). . . .

http://search.bastyrcenter.org/b/q?related=0&rgn=Default&sn=161450967&e=bcn&related=2&keys=Arnica&Action.x=0&Action.y=0

Arnica search, various links

http://search.bastyrcenter.org/b/q?k=topical+pain+relievers&related=2&sn=161450967&e=bcn&e=bcn

�Topical pain relievers� search, various links
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just received samples of a spray and clay made from Marajuana SP?. It is amazing and my MD and I energy tested it and it was a BIG yes.

http.www.xternalrub.com You do need an Md script if its legal in your state. She sent it to me after she received my script.

Blessings to it helping everyone. [Smile]

Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kelmo
Member # 8797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kelmo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi..really? You get free product for posting something positive?

That really tells me there is a lack of integrity with this company.

Too bad. The ingredients look good.

Posts: 2903 | From AZ | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucky8711
Member # 26221

Who cares about the lack of Integrity! They aren't putting clubbed baby seals in the ingredients. They are selling a product.

If it works, I say use it.

I have been suffering with no rlief for I don't know how long? 6 years but this last 4 months being te worst by far.

I ahve o vested interested in this company and didn't post a review on Amazon nor did I even see that there was such an offer to get free product.

However I know that I tried it after many other products that did nothing and this one really hlped.

I hope people will still give it a try despite some negative comments on here from people who admittedly haven't tried it.

I am Herxing on Rifampin rigt now and the Penetrex is taking the pain away.

Sadly in this world everything is about money. It's a business. They are going to make money one way or another.

If the product works use it. If you don't want to don't.

But don't discourage people from finding something that might help them because you feel they are out to make money. and "shows a lack of integrity"

kelmo
Member # 8797

Lucky8711...I'm willing to try it. I just thought that was a poor way to solicit positive comments. It's not sincere, and a little unethical.

I do know that there are writers who are paid to write positive reviews on sites such as Amazon. So, I take them with a grain of salt.

I can see you are fairly new to Lymenet. There have been people coming on here to promote all kinds of products. It is prudent to do research even if someone recommends something. Some things have varied from useless to harmful.

Soliciting and rewarding positive comments, (if in fact this is true) does show a lack of integrity and I will stand by my comment. If they are a sincere company, they should rethink this tactic.

My daughter has been in pain from this disease for seven years. If she can use something natural to give her relief, I am willing to give it a try.

However, we have to be wise in where we put our money and what we put in, and on, our body. As I said in an earlier post, I will wait to see if others find this product works for them.

My skepticism is a protection for you and other members on this board (I know, I know..you don't need my protection). I have no opinion of this product as I have not used it. And, I never stated it was a bad product.

I hope you understand where I was coming from.

kelmo
Member # 8797

And, I want to add, that my daughter will be starting a new medication soon, and her doctor has warned her against even adding herbal products as it could conflict with the medication.

This is something to think about, which is why we have to be wise.

But, I would like to thank the person who posted this because it gives us another tool to investigate. I will certainly keep this tucked in my pocket.

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Healing in Santa Cruz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kelmo, what is the med that the doc said not to use with herbs?? Curious [Smile]
Posts: 905 | From Santa Cruz,Calif | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Lucky, your post is much appreciated. I have spent some hours here and there in pain for one reason or another and if it hurts, it hurts. I ordered one for a relative who is in pain. Wish the chemist had left the parabens off -- they are not to our benefit. But we don't have to use it forever. Hopefully the cause can be eliminated eventually.

Take care.

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Lucky,

If something helps, it's great to hear about it.

I'm also glad you posted that. Yet, like GiGi, wish they would have left out the petroleum products.

Still, it's good to know about this for occasional use, or to see what the active ingredients are and find those in other forms without the parabens.

Arnica ointments have been a nice relief for me along the years. Peppermint oil on a friend's knee saved her life, literally. The pain was that bad for her. She was in China when it became damaged and an Acupuncturist there suggested she carry some particular solution of peppermint oil. It worked.

She brought back one for me and that also helped my bad knee at the time.

=================================

Regarding uses nutritional or herbal supplements,
some LLMDs are not trained nor comfortable with supplements. Herbal medicine is a very complex field. Naturopathic doctors (ND) study four years in post-graduate settings, plus, just to learn all they can about herbs, etc., along with all they can about the human body.

Some LLMDs have also come to learn a great deal and incorporate certain supplements so as to help protect the liver from the Rx that can stress liver function - and also to help lower toxins.

Without liver support, treatment can be much tougher.

Sometimes, liver support supplements can cause Rx to move through the body more quickly and not achieve the exact desired therapeutic dose.

However, there are still ways to work with this if the body needs support.

The LLMD and LL NDs who are most knowledgeable in these methods have written various articles and books in this thread where you can compare and contrast various approaches and learn more about the considerations of support methods:

-------------------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/13964

How to find an ILADS-educated LL:

N.D. (Naturopathic Doctor);

L.Ac. (Acupuncturist);

D.Ay. (Doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine);

D.O.M. (Doctor of Oriental Medicine);

Holistic M.D., etc.

Links to many articles and books by holistic-minded LL doctors of various degrees who all have this basic approach in common:

Understanding of the importance of addressing the infection(s) fully head-on with specific measures;

Knowing that support supplements are important, but NEVER enough alone. And knowing which supplements have direct impact, which are only support and which are both.

You can compare and contrast many approaches.

BASIC HERBAL EDUCATIONAL links, and

BODY WORK links with safety tailored to lyme patients,

RIFE links,

BIONIC 880 links, and

LOW HEAT INFRARED SAUNA detail.
-

kelmo
Member # 8797

Healing in Santa Cruz. It wasn't our LLMD who said herbs don't mix. It was a dermatologist, who said she wanted to be notified of every addition to my daughter's health plan, and that included natural and herbal remedies.
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ingredients may look "good".. but it contains parabens...NOT GOOD.

(sigh)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems like the active ingredients are arnica, peppermint, frakincense, & camphor... I suppose you could buy those things & put them in a plain massage oil. It does seem like a good combo. I have a gel with arnica & it works pretty well.

Interesting about the marijuana creme... I think the thc has to be heated to be effective for drug useage but I don't know...? Interesting that it could be absorbed through the skin. Does it effect the mind or only make the pain less? I'm sure labrotories are doing all kinds of stuff with marijuana these days. One day it won't be contraband. Seems kind of rediculous that it's prohibited. I'm sure it could help people. I don't really care for it but if it can help people - why not?

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are looking for creams to help relieve pain, look up reviews for Cobroxin at Amazon.com and Drugstore.com.

Someone at LymeNet had posted about this, and I looked it up.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carol in PA:
If you are looking for creams to help relieve pain, look up reviews for Cobroxin at Amazon.com and Drugstore.com.

Someone at LymeNet had posted about this, and I looked it up.

-
Cobroxin:

All-natural homeopathic gel is dye- and fragrance-free, and safe for sensitive skin.
Diluted cobra venom proven to be 80% effective in relieving arthritis pain.
Rub vigorously into joints 3-4 times a day for first week and as needed thereafter.

[Eek!]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Yes, that woke me up, too. Looks promising.

I've also read of a bee sting ointment that many say was very helpful. I don't think that was a homeopathic dose, however.

---------
Other options here, too:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/3/24039?#000028

Topic: Looking for long term pain management
-

Healing in Santa Cruz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7798

I guess no one looked at the spray and clay I posted about.

She didn't give me the samples so I would post anywhere.

She gave it to me because I am sensitive and wanted to try them to see if they bothered me.

She may do the same for others. This is in Calif but if u have an Md script u can try it.
Just sayin [Smile]

lucky8711
Member # 26221

I am curious about the Parabens...I have never heard this. Thanks for mentioning.

I am sorry if I sounded a little edgy in my last post. It's the good old Neuro Herx I would imagine.

I do stand by what I saidd about the Penetrex working however am discouraged now about the Paraben thing.

Healing- The cream sounds good...don't know If I could get it here, although Ri is legal. Its near impossible to actually get a scrip for it.

I do use bentonite clay however and find relief at times.

lucky8711
Member # 26221

I am curious about the Parabens...I have never heard this. Thanks for mentioning.

I am sorry if I sounded a little edgy in my last post. It's the good old Neuro Herx I would imagine.

I do stand by what I saidd about the Penetrex working however am discouraged now about the Paraben thing.

Healing- The cream sounds good...don't know If I could get it here, although Ri is legal. Its near impossible to actually get a scrip for it.

I do use bentonite clay however and find relief at times.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked about it, Healing!

They make you go through a big ordeal in NJ. It's supposedly "legal" for health issues but you have to be practically at death's door to actually get it. I was just curious about it & what they base their "science" on to use marijuana as a pain reliever.

I was in Amsterdam & tried marijuana. It didn't help me much. It was sort of novel to buy pot at a "coffee shoppe". I'm not sure why it's such a big deal thing here. If anything, alcohol seems alot worse of a "drug".

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

healing... I never even saw the link. If you make a link "clickable" people will be more likely to click on it. Most are too lazy (myself included) to go type that into their browsers. [Razz]

here's your link:

www.xternalrub.com

--

as for paraben, it can cause cancer. My dr also said for me to eliminate them due to my yeast issues.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement