LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How to use Salt/C

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to use Salt/C
ksnew2005
Member # 36085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ksnew2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have started reading some about Salt/c- Do I need to download the book (29.95 is a lot of money these days)or is there somewhere else to learn treatment?

--------------------
KSN

Posts: 34 | From Indianapolis | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Understandable that even a few dollars can be too much for many. If it's not there, it's not there. Still, it's important to read all we can from all sources, pro & con, before starting anything.

So, can you borrow that from someone? Would your lyme support groups have a copy to loan?

-------------------

SALT / C LINKS
--------------------

http://www.lymephotos.com/

Lyme Photos (parasite site)

Yahoo group: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/lymestrategies/

Lyme Strategies

Blog: http://www.fettnet.com/lymestrategies/

The Salt/C Plus Protocol for Lyme Infection eBook
is a downloadable file in PDF format - for immediate download. $29.95:

http://www.fettnet.com/lymestrategies/welcome.htm#Order

http://www.realsalt.com/

Real Salt (Sea Salt & Kosher Sea Salt)

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-169519-redmond-trading-realsalt-natures-first-sea-salt-kosher-salt-16-oz

Redmond Trading - RealSalt Nature's First Sea Salt Kosher Salt

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-5733-american-health-ester-c-powder-with-citrus-bioflavonoids-8-oz

Ester-C powder with Citrus Bioflavinoids

=================================

Other options from two different excellent sources:

https://humaworm.com/

HUMAWORM

or

http://www.rain-tree.com/amazon-antiparasite-support.htm

Rain-Tree Amazon A-P herbal formula

================================

When considering herbal / nutritional / adjunct methods:

if at all possible - because each person & each case is different - it's best to consult with an ILADS-educated LL (lyme literate) doctor who has completed four years of post-graduate medical education in the field of herbal and nutritional medicine -

- and someone who is current with ILADS' research & presentations, past and present.

Many LL NDs incorporate antibiotics (depending upon the licensing laws in their state). Some LLMDs and LL NDs have good working relationships.

When possible, it's great to have both a LLMD and LL ND and even better when they have a long-standing professional relationship.

-----------------------

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/13964

How to find an ILADS-educated LL:

N.D. (Naturopathic Doctor);

L.Ac. (Acupuncturist);

D.Ay. (Doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine);

D.O.M. (Doctor of Oriental Medicine);

Integrative / Holistic M.D., etc. (Be aware that those in this category can have various levels of formal herbal &/or nutritional education, perhaps even just a short course. Do ask first.)

Links to many articles and books by holistic-minded LL doctors of various degrees who all have this basic approach in common:

Understanding of the importance of addressing the infection(s) fully head-on with specific measures from all corners of medicine;

knowing which supplements have direct impact, which are only support and which are both.

You can compare and contrast many approaches.

BASIC HERBAL EDUCATIONAL & SAFETY links, etc.

=============================

Be sure to avoid all in this category as there are hidden "bad" salts here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=029690;p=0

Excitotoxins; MSG; Aspartame; & "Natural" Flavors

===========================

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/03/opinion/sunday/we-only-think-we-know-the-truth-about-salt.html?_r=1&hp

Opinion - The New York Times

June 2, 2012

SALT WE MISJUDGED YOU - by Gary Taubes
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Those are just SOME of the links. Further research should be done from other sources - and your doctor needs to know your desire to explore first. There are considerations.

Mostly, I see people start off with WAY too much salt. Even too much sea salt can be dangerous to the kidneys and the heart. And this is not for everyone. So just do your homework first, as with any plan.

There seems no one single Salt/C protocol but several variations.

Starting salt amount is just 1/4 teaspoon, as with a kitchen measuring spoon. NEVER start with more than that. And increasing should be done with very small amounts as well. No big jumps.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://www.mdjunction.com/forums/lyme-disease-support-forums/medicine-treatments/387640-new-sea-saltvit-c-thread

New Sea Salt/Vit C thread

MD Junction 2/27/2009

http://www.lymediseaseresource.com/New_Salt_Protocol.html

New Salt and ApplePoly Protocol

http://www.livingfood101.com/sideeffects/side-effects-of-excess-salt.html

Side Effects of Excess Salt

- it's good to have this knowledge but also realize they often talk only about the regular table salt and that is different than sea salt.

Main point with this detail is to be able to distinguish what you might think of as herx from too much.

Gael (glm111) has some good posts about how to do this in moderation and safety. One of those:

Use kitchen measuring spoons to be sure the amount is accurate.

From a post by Gael (glm1111):

I started with

one-fourth teaspoon sea salt (I use Real Salt) and

one-fourth teaspoon Ester vitamin C powder with bioflavinoids in a tall glass of water.

I ramped up slowly 1/4 tsp a time according to how I was herxing. For more guidance visit lymestrategies and the salt/c group doing this and other protocols as well. Some are also using abx and have an LLMD.

GAEL

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/3/30464?#000000

Topic: Anyone folllow salt/vit c protocol without doctor supervision??
-

[ 01-31-2014, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/search/search_forum/1

LymeNet Archives

The "subject only" bar will give you quicker searches for past threads on this topic.
-

BuffyFan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BuffyFan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for those links, I'll definitely check those out when I have more time. I wanted to ask you Gael, where did you buy your Real Salt and your ester vitamin c powder?
Posts: 287 | From somewhere | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I buy them both at vitacost. The Ester C I buy is American Health Ester C powder with bioflavinoids.

Thanks Keebler for all the effort you put into posting the salt/c links.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ksnew2005
Member # 36085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ksnew2005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for all the great help

--------------------
KSN

Posts: 34 | From Indianapolis | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael, I have been considering your progress with this after having no luck with ABX .

May I ask how many times a day you took this starting out?

I see merit in the possibility of the salt killing bacteria and parasites , but am nervous about hurting kidneys or causing bladder irritation. Is there a "LITE " version of the protocol ?

How high did you go with the salt on a daily basis ? Can you benefit if you do not take a WHOLE LOT of salt ?

How long were you on this protocol before you started feeling better ? I would imagine you felt worse at first . I have also wondered if you stay on it forever , or just for a limited time.

After reading nefferdun's experience and Dr Sapi's reports, parasites are more a part of this illness than imagined . Also , I read an article finding lunworm in CFS patients (another parasite . )

At least this approach is cheap!

I would appreciate anything you are comfortable sharing about your experience with improvement on this protocol. It is encouraging to read that some people feel better!

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ann,

If you look at Keeblers post above, it states how I took it and what I started out with.

I ended up taking 1 tsp each sea salt and Vitamin C in divided doses 4 x a day after many mos of ramping up slowly. I have gotten rid of TONS of parasites along with bart, babs, and erlichia.

I also took many antiparasitic herbs such as parastroy, Humaworm, Hanna Kroeger Wormwood etc, and added plant enzymes such as Super Digestawy by Soloray, extra cloves and HCL. Everyone is different, and you have to go at your own pace.

I felt better and better as I went along, but keep in mind I was infected for over 30 yrs, and it has taken me several years to knock these infections out.

Hope this answers your questions. You might benefit from visiting lymestrategies. These are the people doing salt/c and other alternatives.

Gael

[ 06-27-2012, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: glm1111 ]

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annxyzz
Member # 20404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for annxyzz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you BUNCHES Gael . This is helpful! Also , did you use ivermectin for pararsites ?

Do you continue still using the salt / C still ?

--------------------
annxyzz

Posts: 1178 | From East Texas | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

No, I never used Ivermectin, but others here seem to have had success with taking it. I am doing very low dose salt/c now.

I don't seem to need the higher doses any more.

P. S. Correction to the dosing above. I took 1 tsp 4 x a day in divided doses.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

MannaMe
Member # 33330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MannaMe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael,

Is that 1/4 teaspoon 4 times per day or 1 teaspoon 4 times per day?

And how many teaspoons per day did you take at the most?

Posts: 2251 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gigimac
Member # 33353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gigimac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gael,

Do you know if salt c will get rid of rmsf? It is what I tested positive for.

I am still doing very small amounts of salt c off and on, haven't yet got to taking it everyday.

Posts: 1534 | From Greensboro NC | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

PLEASE check out the link above that Keebler has posted from MD Junction. Scroll down to a poster aka Canuck. Some of the best info I have seen about salt/c.

MannaMe,

I started out with 1/4tsp each 1 x a day. I increased 1/4tsp at a time according to how I was herxing.

I gradually worked up to 4 tsp a day in divided doses(20mg) This is a VERY high dose. Some people only go up to 12 gms a day, and some lower than that. One tsp equals 5 gms.

gigimac,

I believe that the salt is very powerful against a lot of pathogens and could work against rmsf.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More of my questions - variation on a theme. I am interested in the Salt C.

What about those of us with issues similar to IC - Interstitial Cystitis - ie where citric acids cause extreme bladder irritation?

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glm1111
Member # 16556

susank,

Best to pose that question on the salt/c board at lymestrategies. Very helpful folks there. You don't have to purchase the e-book to get help.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement