LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Warning: Gross Stuff ~ Undigested Food After Gallbladder Removal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Warning: Gross Stuff ~ Undigested Food After Gallbladder Removal
Hambone
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi y'all,

I had my gallbladder out 5 weeks ago and STILL have terrible abdominal pain!

I was prepared for the diarrhea I heard about but got the opposite. Bad constipation.

I've increased my water and slowly am adding fiber supplements.

Now I am having an issue with my food passing about ( what looks to be ) 50% undigested!

I don't understand, because I am taking digestive enzymes, Betaine and Cholacol ( bile salt ) to help my food digest, but today I had stuff come out almost just like it looked when it went in.

I am SOOOOOOOOO bloated and have just as much pain as I did prior to my gallbladder surgery.

They did a cholangiogram during surgery and said there were no stones in my ducts. My pathology report said no stones. I had it removed because my HIDA scan results were EF rate of 5% ( and the surgeon said it looked pitiful ).

I'm not understanding why it's coming out so undigested if I'm taking all these things to help it digest.

So far my gallbladder removal has been an epic fail. It was inflamed and badly scarred, but removing it has done nothing to help the pain.

I'm thinking sphincter of oddi dysfunction, but am scared to death of an ERCP.

Somebody just shoot me [shake]

[ 08-07-2012, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Hambone ]

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, also...

Ever since I had my gallbladder removed, I have had two very severe episodes of what I think are diaphram spasms. OMG!!!!! It's worse than labor pain and lasts about 30 minutes. I can't take a deep breath and the pain wraps around my entire rib cage front to back. I almost thought I needed an ambulance this morning. I never had this prior to surgery. I think the surgery really irritated my diaphram.

Has this ever happened to anybody?

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry, you have to go through this. I have similar experience- after surgeon had removed my appendix, the pain was thousand times worse than before operation and it has never gone away. Very stupid. Not that they are not capable to help us, they even make us much worse. Crazy!

Btw: have you tried diatomaceous earth?

Posts: 125 | From eu | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

quote:
Originally posted by Lala:

Btw: have you tried diatomaceous earth?

No. I've done many parasite treatments, but not that one.

I'm sorry surgery didn't fix things for you, either. I prayed and prayed and prayed before surgery that it would help and it didn't.

[woohoo] Now I get to keep searching for answers. Yay!

Razzle
Member # 30398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Razzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I too have undigested stuff...have most of my life, was an issue even before I got the gallbladder removed. In my case, I think it is due to dysmotility in my gut.

I also take lots of digestive enzymes, and it doesn't seem to make much difference for me either.

No doctor I've asked about this has given me a satisfactory answer (most have blown me off as a fruitloop).

--------------------
-Razzle
Lyme IgM IGeneX Pos. 18+++, 23-25+, 30++, 31+, 34++, 39 IND, 83-93 IND; IgG IGeneX Neg. 30+, 39 IND; Mayo/CDC Pos. IgM 23+, 39+; IgG Mayo/CDC Neg. band 41+; Bart. (clinical dx; Fry Labs neg. for all coinfections), sx >30 yrs.

Posts: 4166 | From WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

quote:
Originally posted by Razzle:

No doctor I've asked about this has given me a satisfactory answer (most have blown me off as a fruitloop).

Thanks Razzle. [hi]

If they blow me off as a fruitloop, I will be forced to bring a specimen of twice baked squash and okra as show and tell.

trubeee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trubeee         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just throwing this around:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costochondritis

sorry you're suffering so much -I've crashed for the night so can't write anymore -but take care!

Posts: 195 | From - | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hambone, if you're having alot of abdominal pain, think about trying pulsed electromagnetic therapy.

Quote:
Pulsed Electro Magnetic Fields influence cell behavior by inducing electrical changes around and within the cell.
Improved blood supply increases the oxygen pressure, activating and regenerating cells.

http://altered-states.net/barry/newsletter495/index.htm

I bought a SOTA Mag Pulser to treat the pain in my knee, with great success.
Later, when I realized that it was useful for muscle spasms and inflammation, I used it on back pain...I could feel it as the muscles came out of spasm.
I sometimes get esophageal spasms, and it worked on that too.

I've used the Mag Pulser and also the SOTA LightWorks on abdominal pain, with good results.

Here is a list of research articles about electromagnetic therapy:

Bioelectromagnetic Research Library
http://www.healinglightseminars.com/bioelectromagnetic-therapy/bioelectromagnetic-research-library/

Magnetic Pulser
http://www.sota.com/magnetic-pulser.html
(Google to find a discount coupon.)

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

quote:
Originally posted by Carol in PA:
Hambone, if you're having alot of abdominal pain, think about trying pulsed electromagnetic therapy.

Quote:
Pulsed Electro Magnetic Fields influence cell behavior by inducing electrical changes around and within the cell.
Improved blood supply increases the oxygen pressure, activating and regenerating cells.

http://altered-states.net/barry/newsletter495/index.htm

I bought a SOTA Mag Pulser to treat the pain in my knee, with great success.
Later, when I realized that it was useful for muscle spasms and inflammation, I used it on back pain...I could feel it as the muscles came out of spasm.
I sometimes get esophageal spasms, and it worked on that too.

I've used the Mag Pulser and also the SOTA LightWorks on abdominal pain, with good results.

Here is a list of research articles about electromagnetic therapy:

Bioelectromagnetic Research Library
http://www.healinglightseminars.com/bioelectromagnetic-therapy/bioelectromagnetic-research-library/

Magnetic Pulser
http://www.sota.com/magnetic-pulser.html
(Google to find a discount coupon.)

Do you know if this is similar to photon therapy? I've used my PE1 on my abdomen to try to get pain relief but it didn't work. It works beautifully on any other pain I have except THIS pain.

Thanks Carol

Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The energy in the photons is absorbed by the ATP in the mitochondria of the cells.
The mitochondria are better able to make energy, and the cells work better and heal quickly.

From what I can see, they work differently, but both help the cells to function better.
When your cells are working properly, you'll feel better.

The Mag Pulser has a 30 day guarantee if you buy it from the company.
It's also available on eBay and Amazon and other vendors, but I'm not sure if they honor that guarantee.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement