LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to General Support.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » URGENT -- Prayers Needed -- 10/1 Update on page 3 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: URGENT -- Prayers Needed -- 10/1 Update on page 3
seibertneurolyme
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The pulmonary doctor has informed me that they expect Steve's heart to give out and for him to not live through the night.

The I.D. doc ordered one more blood slide. It is my understanding that if the slide is negative for babesia she will not empirically treat him with malaria meds.

Spoke to the patient advocates and they were trying to get I.D. docs at another hospital to review Steve's file. Like that is going to happen on a Friday afternoon.

Have one more meeting later today with the ethics committee.

My sister is coming to sit with me and should be here in 3 or 4 hours.

Even if Steve gets mslaria meds for his babesia it will probably be too little too late unless a miracle happens.

Have spoken to the Columbia Speciman Bank and they will take his brain and organs and tissues to test for evidence of tickborne infections.

Fever of 103.2 and WBC at 30,000 but they aren't willing to do anything outside of the box.

Signing off for now.

Bea Seibert

----------------------------------------
UPDATE

Since I last posted the cardiac and lung docs pulled out all the stops. Pulmonary docs have paralyzed Steve with an IV med to improve his oxygenation. Says they do this for other patients with high oxygen needs. The cardiac docs gave him an IV med to temporarily stop his heart and got him back into a normal rhythm. So for now they are saying he still could possibly survive. Remains in critical condition.

Blood gases did improve and heart rate has gone down from 175 to 110 or so -- still fluctuates a lot.

One bright spot is that his lung xray this afternoon shows slight improvement in one lung.

None of my meetings have accomplished much other than they did switch back to zosyn from rocephin as I requested. His WBC seemed like it was responding to the zosyn before they switched it.

On a cooling blanket his temp has gone back down to 101.

So now it is a wait and see game -- I still may have to make some really tough decisions in the near future.

Prayers are about all that will help now in my opinion.

Bea Seibert

-------------------------------------------------
Update Saturday, September 29

Mostly better news today. Steve has not had a fever today and his WBC is down to 22,000. First day in 4 or 5 days he has not run a fever. Chest x-rays about the same I think.

He started the day with his heart going in and out of a-fib but sometime this morning it converted over to normal sinus rhythm at around 71. Pulse ox is also doing better this afternoon -- went up from 85 to around 90.

The cardiology dept has signed off and will not be following Steve unless he has more heart issues. The heart and lungs are obviously interconnected and they feel like the real issue is the lung problem. Fluid on the lungs can trigger heart issues and apparently being on a ventilator also impacts the heart.

Doctors are not saying much except they have definitely decided that Steve has ARDS -- acute respiratory distress syndrome. But of course the bigger question is what caused the original pneumonia that triggered the respiratory failure.

I.D. docs did not even come by to see Steve today and it is my understanding that they may not see him again before Monday. Overall the docs are just waiting to see what happens. Pulmonary and the hospitalist did check in.

I am still waiting for confirmation that the Babesia PCR test that was negative was actually for Babesia Duncani. Honestly it wouldn't surprise me too much if they ordered either a Babesia Microtti PCR or a Babesia species PCR which are not the same. The preliminary results on Steve's 2nd malaria blood slide done by the hospital lab are negative.

I am just trying to get rested up a little and then need to have a new plan for Monday.

Thanks so much for all the prayers. And if anyone wants to help financially it will be appreciated, but do not feel under any obligation to help. My dad sold some cattle and sent me some money and my older brother sent some money as well.

Prayers and cards are what is needed the most right now.

Bea Seibert

[ 10-01-2012, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: seibertneurolyme ]

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear God,

Please put a hedge around Steve and protect him. Give his body the strength he needs to make it through. Please give Bea comfort. Give the Dr's the compassion and knowledge to do whatever it is that Steve's body needs.

I claim it in the name of Jesus. Amen

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soccermama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for soccermama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Father, you are a God who thinks outside the box. You sent Your son to die for our healing. That is outside of the box thinking.

In Jesus name, manifest the healing that You have given to Steve. Restore his body to full health.

Give Bea that miracle!!!!

Posts: 538 | From kentucky | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lord Jesus,

We ask you to surround Bea and Steve with your love, comfort, strength and PEACE. If it be your will, Lord, heal Steve and restore him to perfect health.

Amen

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bea we are all with you and Steve. You have offered so much to so many here. My prayers are with both of you.
Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-
Bea & Steve,

Prayers out there. And . . . deep feelings, too:

Love to you both.

Light. Love. And Hope - that, no matter what - love and light from every level of all creation will encircle you both, every moment.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debilyn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for debilyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Lord

Please hold Steve in the palm of your hand and heal him; you are the great Physician, Father.

In Jesus name, bring a healing to his body and comfort Bea.

Posts: 331 | From West Coast | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tears in my eyes for you and the prayers here.

God bless, sending cyber support--

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Much love and light to you both.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tears also in my eyes, and saying a prayer for steve right now, im so sorry,

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
praying hard.......This is awful
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8486

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sending prayers of hope and healing, light and love.
Posts: 873 | From WA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cant understand why they dont throw the wholekitchen sink at him. This is a mans life. Bust out the lawyer talk
Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tickled1
Member # 14257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickled1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How can they refuse to try anything else?!!! My heart is breaking for you. You have fought too long and hard for him for them to not do anything else. I am numb. I'm praying for a miracle! God bless Bea and Steve and please don't let their suffering be for nothing. Please reward their efforts and devotion to each other.
Posts: 2541 | From Northeast | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with merrygirl...it's ok for them to KNOW he will die if they do nothing...but if they give them some Babesia meds, more antibiotics and take away the %8#@ steroids...he might die OR he just might pull through.

Steve and Bea's story is all of our story. Once you're in the hospital, it doesn't matter if you have the best LLMD on the planet, you are at the mercy of the ID Dr's.

I do not know you Bea, but I know how it is to fight and fight and fight for a sick husband. I am crying for you guys right now.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FuzzySlippers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzySlippers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On my knees now and will continue to be, offering up urgent and fervent prayers for Steve, Bea. We are here for you.
Posts: 503 | From Maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

I havent been on in awhile, and ?I saw this first. I am m ad as hell and disgusted and about to drive down there with my mepron, and my lawyer
merrygirl
Member # 12041

can anyone get a hold of a prominent llmd? and tell them what is happening. maybe just maybe?
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-
merrygirl,

From previous thread from Bea, on same hospital stay, here's the gist of what I think she says (not a direct quote, though):

They have a LLMD on the phone line but hospital insists that CURRENT tests MUST be positive to treat. They also seem not to believe in chronic infections of any kind.

They have to have proof positive, for this point in time. And we all know that tests have limits, especially with the labs they use. But Bea has gone to outside labs and awaits some word.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NEMOM
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEMOM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Prayers said and will continue throughout the night.
Posts: 131 | From Nebraska | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Thank you keebler. I skimmed through the other threads but I know Bea will always go above and beyond. Its so upsetting
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear God,

Give Steve and Bea peace in the midst of this trying time. You hold all of our tears in a bottle. You will never leave us or forsake us.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PLEASE GOD HELP STEVE AND BEA, THEY ARE GOOD PEOPLE.
Posts: 124 | From Maryland, USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bea, I am so angry and can only imagine how you must feel. I hope you are raising holy hell and I hope you take them to task for allowing your dear husband to get sicker by the day, as they withhold potential life saving drugs.

Please Dear Lord, we pray for a miracle, that Steve's body be healed and that his heart is strong. We ask that in your name. Amen

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Praying and praying and praying!!!

Please dear Lord, bless this wonderful man with your healing and strength.

Sending you love, Bea.

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chootik
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chootik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is un-believable! How can they do this to a human being! And they call themselves Doctors!

Hope he pulls through! Praying for you guys.

Posts: 247 | From Ca | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You both are very much in my thoughts and prayers.
Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am praying for Steve and for you.
Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeGoAway
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeGoAway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You and Steve are in my prayers.
Posts: 227 | From Northeast | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FuzzySlippers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13658

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FuzzySlippers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another thought, I was under the impression that all (or most) of the "mill" labs across the US, including hospital labs, didn't do complete antibody testing for Babesia.

I'm under the impression that the only Babesia testing they do is to look for IGG. Will this current ID doc be requesting both IGG and IGM for the Babesia?

If my understanding is correct, I don't know how ANY doctor could accurately rule out an active babesia infection if they aren't even LOOKING and TESTING for one via complete IGG and IGM testing.

And we all know that even with the best of the private tick borne pathogen labs -- the ones who DO try to look for Babesia via IGG/IGM as well as other methods -- there is difficulty in accurately pulling a positive result, no matter how ill the patient is.

It is the doctor's responsibility to know and understand the limitations of ALL of the testing that they rely upon. It is the doctor's responsibility to treat empirically when necessary -- especially in the face of a life threatening situation.

Posts: 503 | From Maryland | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymemomtooo
Member # 5396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymemomtooo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Bea, I am so sorry. I was sent some info on you and then just sent Toots a message to find out your handle on here. I could not remember. I will keep you and your husband and family in my prayers. May God watch over you and keep you in his care. lmt
Posts: 2360 | From SE PA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymednva
Member # 9098

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymednva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sad for you both right now. I have to agree with Fuzzy that it is the doctors' responsibility to treat empirically when necessary, especially at this point.

Prayers said for you both and for the docs to open their minds and find a way to successfully treat him.

--------------------
Lymednva

Posts: 2407 | From over the river and through the woods | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
praying and hoping.

Lord hear our prayers.

Hugs to both of you.

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YinYang
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 36358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for YinYang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Praying for you Bea and Steve. Sending light and love your way. We all connect with you in your very virtuous fight and our collective strength is being channeled to you, who need it most.

Love to you.

Posts: 274 | From United States | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life+Lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life+Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Praying for healing and encouragement for you and Steve. I'm so sorry you guys are going through this.

--------------------
You name it, I've got it.
Full-time medical anomaly.

Posts: 432 | From Southeast | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gatorade girl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gatorade girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Praying

--------------------
gatorade girl

"I still have Mt.Everest to climb, but I have traveled across the world and arrived at the mountain".

Posts: 633 | From baltimore | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry to hear this is happening. It breaks my heart to read. I pray a miracle will happen for you and Steve who so deserve it.
Posts: 618 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keebler or anyone else,
Does anyone know details on the hospital? Can we look up to see if the infectious disease doc there is an IDSA schmuck duck?

I dealt with one of those in the hospital when I was admitted, and it was very scary (I had more than one doc call in too).

Bea and Steve you've been in my thoughts and prayers all evening.

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Attn: Stephen Seibert
Carilion Clinic
P.O. Box 13367
Roanoke, VA 24033

Bea posted this on the other thread.

http://www.carilionclinic.org/Carilion/Carilion+Roanoke+Memorial+Hospital

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there <<<<< Steve and Bea >>>>>,

Praying for a miracle for Steve,and the healing power of Gods love and peace for both of you!!

Lord, we ask for your healing power,and love for Steve and Bea,and for your ministering Angels to surround them. In Jesus Name Amen

Jus' Silverwolfi and TxCoord

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Well, cross-referencing that and IDSA turned this up about someone leading an IDSA fellowship training program there:

http://www.idsociety.org/Virginia_Tech_Carilion_School_of_Medicine.aspx

Here are the IDSA fellowship training programs by state, and one is at Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine:

http://www.idsociety.org/Programs/#

I don't know what this means, but seems to mean there's an IDSA presence there.

TerryK
Member # 8552

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TerryK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unbelievable!! If they *think* he is going to die anyway then what is the harm if they treat him?

You and Steve have put up such a long, brave fight. The doctors have been wrong before and I will not believe them now. Don't give up Steve and Bea!

Love and prayers to you.

Terry

Posts: 6286 | From Oregon | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlcd1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlcd1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
praying for you and your family
Posts: 908 | From Albany | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am asking for Catholics here to say prayers to St. Rita and St. Jude on Stephen Siebert's behalf.
Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thinking of you and praying for healing and peace.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Praying for a miracle for you both. Lord please fill and surround Bea & Steve with Your love and healing power.

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh bea I am so sorry. You both have fought long and hard. I know the Lord hears all of our prayers. I will be thinking and praying for both of you

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PatriotM
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 38493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PatriotM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Praying for Steve, Bea, and wisdom for the doctors.
Posts: 177 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am also asking for Catholics here to pray to St. Raphael, Archangel the Saint of Illness whose feast day is tomorrow, September 29th.

And let us Catholics please pray to St. Joseph as well, just because.

St. Rita, St. Jude, St. Raphael, St. Joseph:

I say my prayers to you today and I very humbly request your intercession so that God will grant a healing miracle to Stephen Siebert and relief to his wife, Bea.

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beths
Member # 18864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beths     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sending prayers
Posts: 1276 | From maryland | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

UP
Andie333
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bea, you and Steve have fought so hard and so bravely. I was really sorry to read your last update.

Hopefuly someone, somewhere will come to their senses and be willing to do whatever is needed.

And in the meantime, I, like so many others, will pray for you both.

Just know we're all here supporting you and praying for you.

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the best to you and Steve. My prayers are with you.

Peace.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are in our thoughts and prayers. Love to you both. [group hug]

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

I continue to pray to St. Raphael, Archangel of the Saint of Illness whose feast day is tomorrow, September 29th.

I also continue to pray on Stephen Siebert's behalf that he be healed by the grace of St. Raphael as well as St. Rita, St. Jude and St. Joseph.

I say my prayers to you today and I very humbly request your intercession so that God will grant a healing miracle to Stephen Siebert and relief to his wife, Bea.

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen.

Nancy2
Member # 95

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Praying with all my might!
Posts: 1487 | From New England | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

St. Raphael, today, September 29th is your feast day for us Catholics.

I humbly submit before you my sister Bea Siebert and her beloved husband Stephen Siebert.

birdie67
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for birdie67     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thinking of you both and praying constantly.

Please Lord hear our prayers.

Posts: 486 | From USA | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
riverspirit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19435

Icon 1 posted      Profile for riverspirit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With you in the Silence and the Peace ~

In quietness and confidence shall be your strength ~

Posts: 164 | From North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Bea, I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you. I am praying for a miracle that Steve will get the treatment he needs to turn around. This illness is such a nightmare. May God bless you and give you the courage you need right now to get through this horribly difficult time. You have been Steve's guardian angel through all of this. Hugs and prayers sent your way...
Posts: 2386 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RZR
Member # 20953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RZR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My heart breaks as I read this. I am so very sorry.

I have been praying for days and will continue to do so. May God wrap his healing arms around Steve and give you comfort and courage.

--------------------
Tick bite May 2009
Diagnosed June 2009

Posts: 2329 | From SouthEast | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dearest Bea,

I am praying so very fervently for Steve, you and the medical team.

My heart is breaking for you. May you feel God's peace, love and comfort during this very difficult time.

Lord Jesus,

You are the God of all hope, healing and miracles.

You are the only One we can rely on for help.

I praise your holy name and ask You, dear Lord, to heal our brother, Stephen.

Please send the power of the Holy Spirit down and shine on precious Stephen's body.

Please lift him up out of the pit and breathe new life into Stephen's lungs.

Lord, please give Bea and Stephen comfort and peace like they have never felt before.

Let Bea and Steve know how much they are loved by You and all of us.

Lord, please open the minds, eyes and hearts of all of the medical team. Give them the wisdom and compassion that they are lacking.

I ask all of this in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cozynana
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cozynana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lord, send Bea and Steve the miracle of miracles. Blessings and Prayers.
Posts: 620 | From Ks | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sammi
Member # 110

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sammi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is so upsetting the doctors will not give him the Babs meds he needs. It truly is unethical.

Bea, I am still praying hard for you both.

Posts: 4681 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
poppy
Member # 5355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for poppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any chance of having a blood slide looked at visually, some university lab? This is the way malaria can be diagnosed. Not done much in this country anymore because the automated testing has taken over. That was the way my babesia was diagnosed by the old FL lab, after a negative antibody test elsewhere.

Maybe you could arrange for this to be done, and use it as bargaining tool, or potential threat.

Posts: 2888 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 10070

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You and Steve are in my thoughts and prayers, praying for a miracle.
Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Bea,
Crying as I'm reading this. Words fail at times like these. So sad for you and your husband's struggles. I pray for a miraculous healing. May God be close to you both at this most challenging time.
With warmth and love,
Tammy

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Guys:

So, after spending the evening crying, feeling hopeless frrantic panic and cursing out IDSA and thinking the lot belongs in jail....

this morning had this thought:

Does anyone know the hotel Bea is staying in?

What if each person calls the hotel to pay a few dollars against her account?

At least that might be some support in this impossible time...?

What do you guys think?

Posts: 124 | From Maryland, USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelfit
Member # 12770

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hugs, bea. strength, fortitude, love...peace. In my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad that your sister has come to be with you.
Posts: 3975 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a family of support from all of us who know this madness of lyme & co. I think reality has hit many of us, just how alone we really are when it comes to the "medical knowledge" outside of the LLMD world.

I'm stunned by all of this. I'm hurt and mad.

But most of all....I wish Bea peace with all she's been thru. Lord, hold her tight.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeMom Kellye
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMom Kellye   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to help with the hotel.
Posts: 333 | From Lyme Here Too | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23920

GUYS! I know the hotel Bea is staying at. If you want to help her, email me at [email protected] and I'll can give you the hotel info.

In retrospect, it might save work and confusion to just send Bea a check for an amount.

I just spent about 30 minutes tyring to work out soemting with the hotel staff. The Manager isn't at her post until Monday. The clerk is a very sweet young lady, but it feels likely that something will go wrong...sigh.....

We're Thinking about you Bea and Steve!!!

Hang in there!!

a mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23920

To let you guys know what I did:

I "paid" for the first 3 nights. It's not "charged to my card" until Bea "checks out".

Her sister should put the room on her card for the next 2 nights.

Then the next person can reserve the room on their card for the next night or two.

Then the next person can reserve the room on their card for the next night...and so on....

Each night is $35 (hospital rate) BEFORE taxes and fees.

The problem with this is that each day Bea will need to check out and back in so the cards can be charged and changed over.

The room would be reserved over a series of nights under different names/credit cards.

It's alot of logistics and making sure your card is charged correctly.

Bea is keeping it together, but she was crying this morning. I cannot imagine what
she is going through. She is one tough cookie.

It might be be easier and save hotel confusion to just send Bea a check to help cover costs. then let her know what you did.

Any thoughts?

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree it would be much easier to send Bea a donation at her home address.

It sounds too confusing the other way and I agree it will likely get messed up.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Just thought about mail: probably best to not send a donation to her home if she is not home to collect her mail, though.

Is there anyone who knows if she had a trusted neighbor doing that? Or if she has a USPS hold on her mail?

She may have left too quickly to make arrangements.

Last year I was able to use my card at a hotel where my aunt was staying for an ill relative. That worked out very well as all my siblings also called and they just issued a credit for her room against our various cards.

Always best when the manager (or person doing that) sounds very adept, however.

DIRECTLY to her BANK?

If someone knows her bank, her branch and (? maybe her street and town ?) . . . donations can be handled through her bank.

Anyone can deposit funds into anyone's bank account - they need not have the account number (nor should it be floating about).

But, again, a manager who is very adept is best to handle that.

PAYPAL would also be an excellent method if she has a PayPal account. That goes right to the bank account - but a private email address is needed to make the transfer.
-

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement