LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » The Microscopy Thread (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: The Microscopy Thread
Lymedin2010
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off, I would like to just stress the importance of doing microscopy. It can buy clues as to what is ACTUALLY going on in your body.

So many of us have difficulty knowing what is going on. Are we experiencing herxes, disease progression or something else?

I cannot imagine being a Doctor & not having the passion or desire to look at what is going on from within. I would not be able to sleep at night!!!

I have looked at my blood for quite some time & have gained considerable knowlege. Something that I can teach someone else in a day & save them some time. This way we can continue to progress forward and make new discoveries.

I bought my Microscope on ebay for $100 & other equipment for well under $100 (Glass slides, slip covers, oil immersion, diabetes kit for finger pricks).

We cannot waste more time. Had we done this years ago, we might be in a different place today. It is important for those of us who are trying various methods to see what the results are in front of our eyes & share them with one another.

To possibly help those professionals who are trying to help us.

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymedin2010     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the organism we are looking at to be spirochaeta gallinarum. A very hardy and clever specimen that avoids ABX by encysting, budding spores, invading your RBC�s & and your WBC, as well as just about any tissue in the human body.

These are just a few videos that I had just made after getting my new camera 2 days ago. They in no way reflect the best of what I have seen.

I have taken notice that they come in various sizes, shapes, and morphologies. Some are
short and stubby dumbbell shaped & are very active and move in a Brownian motion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkJEWv11__g&feature=autoplay&list=ULU7qCEnHhdP4&playnext=1

Others are medium dumbbell, with a longer middle line (thread). As if the older and matured version of the short and stubby dumbbell. Basically a line with two bulbous tips on either end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkJEWv11__g

At times they appear as a long dancing string & can be seen exiting RBC's. One end is exposed and is bulbous, while the other end is still within the RBC. Initially not much can be seen, but if the live smear is left for an hour or more, they start to appear in the plasma & some can be caught in the act of exiting RBC's.

If the smear is left overnight, more can be seen the following day. The trick to see them the next day is to spread the oil immersion around the peripheral of the slip cover & let it spill over to the slide. In essence creating a vacuum seal for the smear & decreasing plasma evaporation. With this method the RBC's can be kept whole, but shrunk for days & those organisms can be seen for quite some time.

Others have a dotted body, besides the two dots on either ends, as if they are giving rise to new spores (dots).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VUUk5M86c4&feature=channel&list=UL

The progression might be DOT--> DOT WITH TAIL-->STUBBY DUMBBELL-->MEDIUM DUMBBELL-->LONG DUMBBELL (STRING).

The LONG DUMBBELL can be even longer & the MEDIUM DUMBBELL can be dotted.

Some of these dots (spores) can be seen dancing around freely in the plasma & yet some have a very small tail. Basically a tear drop, or cigar shape with a tail.

Others are extremely long and wrap around. They appear to have grown longer with time. When I first started getting symptoms they were smaller & incidentally I felt the twitches within me smaller. Months into the progression I was able to observe how long they can actually get & this coincides with the feeling that something bigger and something that has grown within me. They have also grown in abundance and prevalence. This produces various burning pains, twitches and movement...Fibromyalgia type symptoms.

Here is an interesting find. I had been watching my blood for many hours & months. I had seen so many of those things come out of RBC's, but never once from a WBC. I had started to do Hot Baths & on day two I checked my blood. I noticed that my blood was more watered down and fluid. When I pricked myself for the smear, my finger did not want to stop bleeding. When I got my Bacillin LA shot, that too gushed blood (which is out of the ordinary).

Here is a poor video from my hand held camera of this, but it is hard to tell. You may need to expand the video fully. There are so many coming out of the WBC for the first time ever & this is with multiple WBC's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA2KyvI30p4&feature=plcp

Posts: 2087 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very, very interested in this!!! I have not even looked at the links yet.

This is my next step. I am currently in a Biol lab at school simply to learn how to use a microscope. The students are half my age and do not have borrelia in their brains, but I am determined to do my own research. I occasionally have a synapse in my brain fire, I plan to get them working again.

I will send you a PM and also give you my phone number. Maybe you can walk me through which scope to buy etc..

Also - maybe we could start a facebook page for people that are doing this. They could post their results there.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazing!

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Haley, yes we can talk.

Also note that my blood smears are using a standard Phase Contrast microscope, without the phase use & can be seen with a standard compound microscope. They are live & slightly more wet (so I can see things freely swimming) & NO STAIN!

Yes, the BB is hard to see inside RBC's without a stain, but once they come out they are easy to spot. If you look closely you can see some of the RBC's dancing around, indicating there is something inside. One can also see the cysts within WBC's, that look like specks.

Here is Dr. Andy Wright (from UK) making similar observations

http://lymerick.net/videomicroscopy.htm

http://lymerick.net/video/AndyWright2004-640.wmv (52 Mb, 4 minutes) video of spirochetes in more lenghts, granules, a moving granulated cellular structure, thus illustrating all the phases complex spirochetal lifecycle drawn on page 475 in this article by Hindle 1912 (PDF) printed in Parasitology (1912), iv, pp 463-477.
So far (June 2005) 98/98 of Andy�s ME/CFS patients with such structures in their blood tested positive on direct fluorescent antibody test for Borrelia burgdorferi ANTIGEN!

[ 10-03-2012, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Lymedin2010 ]

Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool!

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

For those that asked.

Things needed for BB microscopy:

1)A microscope such as this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRO-SWIFT-QUODMASTER-100-MICROSCOPE-4-LENS-MODEL-751447-SCIENCE-COLLEGE-/271073372960?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1d3b6b20

or this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unico-Binocular-Compound-Microscope-/130774823690?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e72c9730a

or this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Labophot-2-Binocular-Microscope-Objectives-Phase-Contrast-2-Condenser-LWD-/251160199098?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7a507fba

-Things to look for:
-Get a Binocular instead of a single one. It makes things easier on your eyes when looking long term. If you can get a Trinocular, even better. It will allow you to place a camera without hindrance to the Binocular portion. I have a binocular.

-Make sure you get one with 100x (Oil Immersion) objective lens (the long tubes you swivel). Usually if there are 4x lenses they may be (20x, 40x, 80x, 100x). You need a min of 100x & coupled with the eye piece (usually standard 10x), you will be able to see 100x * 10x or 1000x.

-It would be nice to get anything over a 100x if you can. I don�t even have one yet, but eventually will get one. Maybe a 200x, so I can see 200x 10x = 2000x.

2) Glass Slides: $10 (with ship)
Do a search on ebay for �microscope glass slides�
You get 75 slides & 100 slip covers with these. I bought more & a bulkier batch & have plenty left over. �72 Blank Microscope Slides and 100 Square Cover Glass - Karter Scientific

http://www.ebay.com/itm/72-Blank-Microscope-Slides-and-100-Square-Cover-Glass-Karter-Scientific-/380449007579?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58948727db

3)Oil for the Oil Immersion. Type B high viscocity. $15

On ebay do a search for �oil immersion B microscope�

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=oil+immersion+microscope&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=oil+immersion+B+microscope&_sacat=0

4)A Lancing device, such as this Delica Onetouch system (under $20). You can draw blood anyway, but this makes it easy & pain free and can be bought at RiteAid or Walmart. It is a good idea to swab your finger with alcohol before drawing blood.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LifeScan-OneTouch-Delica-Lancing-Device/15442746

Here is a youtube video on how to make a blood smear. Follow the video & then add the slip cover on top. Then you add the oil immersion on top of the slip cover (1-2 drops). Personally, I use the slip cover to do the smear & it works out fine & is fresher.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3d_4dkVVSE

I will make a video of a smear eventually & post.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Here is another video of my Phagocytes in action.

Notice one of the Phagocytes has larger speckles within the body. This is most likely the Borrelia Cyst or Speck. The other phagocyte has no such specks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc6Lqi8kJi4&feature=plcp

dal123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dal123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you just use a drop of whole blood and view under the microscope or do you place a drop of blood on the slide, traumatize the blood cells by pricking with a needle then put the cover slip back on and view under the scope.Traumatizing the cells makes the bugs jump out of the cells into the extracellular space. If you are not doing this and u see the bugs in the extracellular space using a drop of whole blood then you are toxic, your extracellular space needs to be cleaned up before more detox.
Posts: 532 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

I prick & manage to get about a drop out of me. Place it on the slide and smear it using the cover slip. I don't induce any trauma.

The blood smear looks clean and nice while fresh. Give it an hour & things start to appear. Give it a day & one would be suprised and perhaps SHOCKED.

I have seen the blood of others & have seen things come out of many people's blood smear. At one point I was similar to others, but recently things appear to have gotten worst.

seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have not had time to read the whole thread or view the videos.

But one quick comment. Was on the phone tonight with hubby's LLMD. The doc tried something I had read and took some pictures of their own blood with an iphone.

Do a finger stick and then do an ear stick and compare the results. The ear stick may show much more. At least that is supposed to be best when looking for babesia in dogs.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this a darkfield microscope? I'm wondering why the link you gave is a preferable microscope.

Is it possible to identify most of what you see? Can it help you diagnose exactly what is infecting you and so enable you to create a better protocol for yourself?

Wondering whether you really need a microbiology class to be effective.

Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Never heard of an ear test, would be nice if it held water.

Darkfield would be nice too. �I have seen some Lyme blood online under Darkfield. �You can actually buy a dark field condenser and turn a compound into a dark field.�

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Dry-Darkfield-Condenser-for-Biological-Microscopes-Live-Blood-Analysis-/170916320317?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27cb68143d

I think Darkfield is better for identifying Babs and Bart. One can more clearly see through RBC. I had my blood viewed at the peak of my sickness with a Darkfield, before a good set of ABX that actually worked for me. Nothing was spotted. Maybe now might be a better time to check.

It could help make a better protocol. For instance, I had shortness of breath and the one thing that held it back was Buaxin. I was on it for over a year.

I have switching LLMD and have now switched meds. Because of interactions I had to stop Biaxin. I had never seen Borrelia in my WBC, only after 2 hot baths did I see them AND after one week of stopping Biaxin.

Biaxin is a good intracellular ABX. Perhaps I released more Borrelia from skin surface and they were picked up by macrophages or mybe I removed Biaxin, what prevented my WBC's from backing up?

If we had an individual who we knew only had Babesia or Bart, it might be easier to distinguish based upon shared video. Right now it is hard for me and for doctors. I am trying to make it easier.

The Borrelia is clear cut to me, nothing else mimics a string with a bulbous tip. But for instance, can the specks inside WBC be Bart? Yea, it could be and only until we do a DNA test can anyone know with certainty.

My next step is to transfer some of them over to new media and observe them for a longer term. This should buy further clues.

seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another suggestion from hubby's LLMD -- do not use alcohol pads to disinfect your finger before the blood draw. Doc suggested using a red cleaner instead -- could not remember what it is called -- not betadine but something else that just washes off. Said results would be different if you use the alcohol pad.

Bea Seibert

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's really cool (pardons that you may be ill from it) but how do you know it's spirochaeta gallinarum as opposed to something else?
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea, were you able to get the video clips to the parasitologist in NY?
Posts: 124 | From Maryland, USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23920

Icon 1 posted      Profile for a mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bea,

Oh arrrggghhhhh....I can't figure out which button to click on to send you a private message. Would you call me when you have time and I can give you Dolores phone number?

HUGS,

Janet

Posts: 124 | From Maryland, USA | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

A mom -- Working on it. My computer is old as the hills and it would have taken over 2 hours to download dropbox. Am at Kinko's -- sending some of the video clips by yousendit.com -- still is taking over 5 minutes for each video clip (there were 27 in total). For now just sending 5 and will try to send more later today. If it works I will post the link in this thread -- think I can do that but not 100% sure.

Bea Seibert

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

I am always willing to try. What is the red substance called?

There is no doubt in my mind what this is.

Did you guys watch this video from a DOCTOR who has seen and has described the same thing one sees in my blood smears.

Here is Dr. Andy Wright (from UK) making similar Observation.
http://lymerick.net/video/AndyWright2004-640.wmv

He also makes references to this species by other individuals in the early 1900's.

a mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23920

HELP!!

Bea called and asked me to post a New Thread. I don't know how to do that. Can anyone start a New Thread for Bea's info:

Steve is dying from ARDS or lung failure from unknown causes. Docs think his heart will give out but can't say when. For example something as simple as turning him over in bed can cause his oxygen levels to fall -- even on a ventilator at maximum (100 % oxygen).. Other times his heart rate slows to dangerously low levels instead of the oxygen falling.

The docs are pushing for me to change Steve's code status (now at full code) or even to pull the plug on the ventilator. Undecided what to do about code status right now -- but pulling the plug is NOT an option at this time.

I am trying to decide what to do next to help Steve.

Once I get the Clongen blood smear results I need to come up with a new plan of action.

Addendum:

Babesia meds are still on, WBC down to 11,000. She did not say if he had fever.

Bea is trying to reach a doctor Dolores recommended: Dr. Thomas W. Nash (Columbia Presbyterian). Pulmonary and ID.

Bea called, but office was closed. I sent an email for HELP. Is anyone friends with him and could reach him for Bea?

a mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23920

More Prayers Please. When i called Bea, the Pastor was in the room with them....
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a mom look towards bottom of this page see post new topic. Click that.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
a mom
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23920

map1131: Thanks!

Can everyone see the 27 clips listed in this playlist?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0Er_tbztXw

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Blood parasite?

I think I might have finally captured a blood parasite. Judge for yourself.

Part 1:
Recording of one end of the parasite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O3WteeGPVk

Part 2:
Traversing the field of view down the length of the organism. It did not appear to move, perhaps because it was sandwiched between the glass slide & the slip cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42K0sdQEQ7E&feature=youtu.be

This could be the something that I feel in me that has grown in size & or colonies. Something moving inside of me throughout my body.

derk diggler
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for derk diggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is crazy crazy, how you gonna kill it, or them inside of you, just prves that parasites play a bigger role in this than we think, would you teach someone how to do what you do on a scope

--------------------
+++++++
do i have lyme, please comment, derealisation,anxiety,floaters,hypertension,tinnitus,dizziness,minor aches,igenix results,igm,**83-93ind,igg**41++ what do u think,please comment

Posts: 195 | From california | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dal123
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6313

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dal123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure this is not an artifact, or food fiber? to tell if it's a parasite, staining would be more helpful, ie to differentiate between this better, can see the scolex & segments, etc. that's the best ID aspect of parasites in the bloodstream, tell if it's microfilaria.

by the way are you taking any enzymes? I noted lots of rouleaux, possible leaky gut issues. digestive enzymes with each meal, ie TPP Digest and then on a very empty stomach, Interfase plus or serrapeptase.

Posts: 532 | From Texas | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Yes, I am willing to teach, just let me know.

I don't think a fiber would normally be:

-transparent, just like some of our own cellular material.

-have folds and ripples like it does.

-such finely tapered ends.

-looks to almost have a central tubule running across the one side. Almost as if a digestive or perhaps a reproductive tract.

I have never seen one of these before, but have seen bits and pieces of material, which I always associated with dead skin tissue and debris.

I just started serrapeptase a few days ago on docs orders. Here is my total regimen:

Doxy, Biaxin, Plaquinil, Malarone, Nystatin, Cryptolepis, A-Bio, & Colloidal Silver.

glm1111
Member # 16556

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glm1111     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone here who had a microscope posted a stained blood smear a year or two ago and identified them as microfilarial worms.

Ivermectin and doxy were taken by people in a study who thought they had these microfilaria and said they had success with that protocol.

Remember that Willy burdorfer found Filarial Worms in the ticks he dissected, and also Dr Eva Sapi is finding them in over 40% of the ticks she is dissecting.

My own experience with this disease has shown me that I was LOADED with these parasites and then some. It amazes me that even the ILADS community has overlooked this and is soley focused on BB.

According to Dr. K. once the parasites/worms are eradicated, bb and the other co-infections are easier to kill. Antiparasitics have to be taken if anyone wants to get rid of this disease. Abx alone will keep you on a treadmill and never eradicate this infection known as Lyme disease.

Gael

--------------------
PARASITES/WORMS ARE NOW
RECOGNIZED AS THE NUMBER 1 CO-INFECTION IN LYME DISEASE BY ILADS*

Posts: 6418 | From philadelphia pa | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
debilyn
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for debilyn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow LymedIn, that is amazing. Looks like a parasite to me. How do we kill blood parasites?

If this is a filarial worm, how do we kill them in our blood? Babs medicines?

Posts: 331 | From West Coast | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm bringing this back up. Does anyone have pictures of parasites in their blood?

What do you think of this microscope and do you think I can do video with it also?

http://www.amazon.com/AmScope-40X-2000X-Trinocular-Darkfield-Microscope/dp/B004TP7KDM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364858911&sr=8-1&keywords=darkfield+microscope

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

I personally don't trust AmScope. Their units are sometimes unpredictable, but at that price range I would expect it to be ok. I believe it is the lower end ones that are riskier.

I believe LymeNurse or LymeTwister on here also bought an Amscope. It was unusable and he had to return and upgrade it. He got an awkward one with a built in video screen, but it did the trick. He posted his vids on youtube & you can check them out.
Here is one of them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXRNH0lkiNg&list=UUR9kWYE08hN1pbvzIzwL3Dg&index=7

The clarity is not that great, but it could be due to his video recording.

I caved in and bought a Amscope 9MP microscope camera. I figured they can't go wrong with that, can they? The build quality is great, but the software and auto refocus is pure crap. At the end the worst piece of hardware I have bought in a very long time. My point & shoot camera took clearer images and video & was better with frame rate.

The only problem with my PNS cam is that I had to hold it by hand & it was shaky.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Haley, your PM box is full. Try & delete your older messages to make some room.

I don't see any Zeiss Trinocular microscopes on Ebay as of now, but here is a good & cheap alternative.

American Optics is a good brand used by many professionals. I would be bidding on this right now, if I needed a scope.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/American-Optics-Trinocular-Microscope-Microstar-110-/130886762872?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e79758178

Dove7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 39546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dove7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymedin, my LLND says if we have blood parasites, we also have them in tissues and organs.

--------------------
'Hope' is a thing with feathers, that perches in the soul-- Emily Dickinson

Posts: 160 | From Indiana | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

I believe it. I have many disturbances and movement all over my body. In particular under my rib cage is a hot spot, that seems to have grown in size and disturbance.

This is right where the spleen & Liver is located. Once the spleen goes, I would imagine the immune sys gets knocked down hard & I feel as if mine is. Most of my blood work shows fine, except for slightly elevated Liver enzymes & they did notice immature granulocytes.

I think a source for parasites for me might have been the mosquito bites that ensued after starting treatment. I didn't know we had to be wrapped in a bubble while treating. If ABX knock down ones immune system, then you can really pickup anything and everything.

I feel like an AIDS patient, but with much more pain and inhumane disturbances.

I highly recommend watching the TV series "Monsters Inside Me." This will give you an idea of what others have been exposed to & how easily they got sick without any Lyme. With Lyme there are so much more dangers out there & they cannot necessarily all be attacked by the ABX we consume.

Haley
Member # 22008

Thank you Lymedin2010. I will bid on that scope. Can a camera be attached to that one?

I'm so spaced out that I have no idea how I will do any on this, but I am very interested in looking at tissues in addition to blood.

I will read through this entire post later.

My mailbox should be open now.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Larger trinocular openings, such as that on this scope usually are meant for CCV cameras. I believe they are called C mount & size to be 30mm.

They also make adapters that will allow you to attach cameras and video cameras the size of the eye piece (23mm for example) to that opening.

Once you get it the best thing to do is find the dimensions of the opening & get the dimensions of the camera you are using. You can give a microscope store or B&H photo a call & provide them with your dimensions & they can help you find an appropriate adapter.

My Trinocular is a narrower openeing, same size as my eye piece, 23mm & the Amscope camera fits right into the trinocular adapter tube.

Look at this trinocular with a CCV cam opening:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zeiss-Trinocular-Head-for-Axioscope-Microscope-/200914848967?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec7754cc7

But this can be made into a smaller opening using adapters:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zeiss-Siedentoph-Trinocular-Tube-Head-for-Standard-Microscope-w-Focusing-Tube-/390574037838?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5af006db4e

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Sent you a PM.

I am pushing to get a setup like this, just gotta figure it out. It basically uses a Samsung Galaxy S2 with an adapter to attach to the micro.

You get the benefits of a cheap & great camera with HD video & great clarity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9va0KPrVExs

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Here is a WONDERFUL video showing you spirochetes coming out of RBC's. It shows you the cyst forms, which have various shapes all depending on how they curl up.

It even shows the bleb or granualar forms, which is the smallest unit of the spirochete. In this form it basically consists of DNA packaged in a cell wall. This form is reminiscent of a virus, but much larger in size.

I have seen all these forms in my blood. I have seen them in individuals who have been bitten & function overall, despite some minor symptoms.

I also see them in individuals who claim perfect health.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_QO3QEr5W4

Haley
Member # 22008

That last video is very informational.
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Parasites in your blood? Reminds me of the one that I captured in my video that I put out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRFTG35PdsU

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Here is one of the best ways to capture video & images from your microscope. It is a device that attaches directly to the eyepiece or trinocular port of the microscope. My trinocular is 23mm, so it is perfect.

The Samsung Galaxy S2 & S3 are amazing for picture & video quality. The iPhones & iTouches as well, but you can use many smartphones that fall within their size range. Keep in mind that some phones have better quality cameras. I give high praise for the Galaxy series of phones...amazing quality for a phone, at times better than your point & shoot cameras.

I did a manual shot using my Samsung hoovering over my eyepiece & despite my shaky hands I was impressed with the image clarity.

I have ordered mine & can't wait to get it & post many vids soon. Price of the unit is $75 + 5 shipping. Compare that to the $250 piece of garbage 9MP Amscope video camera I bought.

Skylight Introduction:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6WBeB0kvUM

Skylight designers early stage requesting KickStarter support.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmIYXzCtMHA

Really sharp images captured of cells:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ze1SohOfM

Here is the official SkyLight website:
http://www.skylightscope.com/

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

It looks like the world is catching up & are now realizing that Borrelia IS IN OUR RED BLOOD CELLS. For me Borrelia exists & continues to grow in numbers DESPITE ABX treatment & it is clearly & elegantly visible in blood smears.

Also a warning to those taking Doxy. It is the only ABX that keeps me from being in extreme pain, but over time it only does produce cyst forms & leads to more chronic lyme disease. I now stand by Dr. Sapi's test on the ABX.

A QUOTE & LINK:

"Filming the bacteria

The two scientists are pretty much alone in what they are doing: investigating samples of living blood under the microscope - over time. They have looked at the blood of a large number of people who suspect that they are chronically ill following a tick bite.

"We study the behaviour of the bacteria directly through the microscope. We have taken thousands of pictures, and we film their movement pattern in real time or with a time lapse. This allows us to see how the bacteria enter and leave the blood cells and swim around in the blood plasma. These are powerful methods, but nobody uses them any longer", says Laane. He himself is regarded as one of the foremost microscopy experts, and he has been studying bacteria for over 50 years.

http://phys.org/news/2013-06-classic-microscopy-reveals-borrelia-bacteria.html

terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I apologize for not understanding this but what are the implications of it being in the RBCs?

Are the abx we take not sufficient to kill it?

[ 02-06-2014, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: terv ]

Posts: 832 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This seems unprofesional to me (just viewed the latest video).
Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Here are some of the implications:

It would be great to find someone who gives a hoot & have them do PCR on these organisms. It would be nice to know what particular species they are. As we all now know there are many species of spirochetes.

It would be nice & easy to simply place a blood sample in BSK spirochete growing medium & culture them. One can clearly see borreliosis in this manner.

2) Despite aggressive & varied ABX, with herbs, spirochetes in the blood still exist. We can break it down to the basics. If one cannot eliminate the infection in the blood, then there is no hope of eradicating it from the body. Just because you don't have symptoms does not mean you may not have borrelia in the blood. It is a good early warning sign.

It is easier and important to first discover how to kill it in the blood. The blood acts as the highway to infections throughout the body. What hope do you have getting rid of this, without clearing out the blood first?

Before I started treatment I only had a few symptoms. While treating I have over 2 pages now & what I have observed is an increase of organisms in my blood.

Blood can be kept alive for weeks outside of our bodies & experiments can be conducted on the blood. These would be cheap & easy experiments with blood drawn from Lyme subjects & would result in no harm.

3)Gives us the possiblity that we can treat the blood externally. We may be able to treat & get rapid improvement with things such as frequencies, ultrasound, & UV/LED spectrum lighting. Attempting to disrupt the various stages of borrelia in the blood first, so that your body can once again fight the rest of the infection in your body.

Without the proper use of your blood & immune system, the rest of your body is defenseless.

4) Indications of transmission. If borrelia is in your blood, that gives you clues as to where else it may be & how it can be transmitted. If it can be easily seen in the blood, then it is in every square inch of you, since blood & capillaries are spread throughout your body.

It is in your saliva, on the surface of external soft tissue (vagina & penis), eye fluid, mucous, and most likely is being shed as blebs on your skin.

SLML
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLML     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymedin2010 - what antibiotics have you taken for Lyme to date?
Posts: 123 | From Washington State | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Here is what I can remember & is a pretty solid list of what I took. I may come back here to edit in the future.

2011 (May part & June) Month 1: IV Rocephin 2g/day (at the end of 3-4 weeks I was 90-95% better with only head pain & I wished I had stopped there) (I could not find ANYTHING in my blood smears after HOURS & HOURS of looking)

2011 (July) Month 2: IV Rocephin 2g/day, Zithro & Mepron

2011 (Aug) Month 3: IV Rocephin 2g/day, Biaxin & Mepron

2011 (Sept) Month 4: Ceftin, Biaxin & Mepron

2011 (Oct-Nov) Month 5-6: Doxy, Biaxin (More & more Lyme symptoms with each passing week prior to adding Doxy. 2 pages worth of symptoms) (I started seeing things in my blood smears & accidentally discovered that if I cover the slides in oil, I preserve the smear longer & then I can see the spirochetes existing the red blood cells when conditions are properly met). In Nov I took my first major slide back after running out of Biaxin for 1 week.

2012 (Dec-Feb) Month 7-9: Doxy, Biaxin, Tindamax, I added Rulide the last month here (After 3-4 weeks of Doxy improved from 45% to 80-85%, still many minor symptoms but those I could handle. I was very gradually going back & some new symptoms)

2012 (March-April) Month 10--: Amoxicillin w/Probenecid, Biaxin, Flagyl, during the last week I added Rulide to this since I was just feeling worst & worst with new returning symptoms. This was a big decline on this combo for me & that I could never really recover from some of the new symptoms.

2012 (May) Month 11: Doxy, Biaxin, & Rulide.

2012 (June) Month 12: Doxy, Biaxin, & Rifampin (only for 1 week)

2012 (July) Month 12: Doxy, Biaxin, Ivermectin, Wormwood, & Salt C.

2012 (Aug) Month 14: Doxy, Biaxin, Ivermectin, Wormwood, Colloidial Silver, & Salt C.

2012 (Sept) Month 15: Bactrim DS, Doxy, Plaquinil, Nystatin, Malarone, Bacillin LA shots, Cryptolepis 1 teastpoon 3x day, Colloidial Silver, Detox 2

2012 (Oct-March 2013) Month 15-21: Doxy, Plaquinil, Nystatin, Malarone, Bacillin LA shots, Cryptolepis 1 teastpoon 3x day, Colloidial Silver(stopped in Feb), Detox 2, NT Detox

SLML
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42986

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLML     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, you are awesome! What a detailed list! :-) The one thing that I am seeing though is that your doctor only had you on a cyst buster for a couple months so based on my understanding of how lyme is most effectively treated (always being on a cyst buster) maybe that is why the spirochetes are still showing up in your blood??? My doc has me on a cyst buster for the whole duration of treatment. I know some doctors just prescribe cyst busters intermittently but to be honest, I would be scared to treat that way because of the potential for baby spirochetes to be formed during the months a cyst buster wasn't used. I understand cyst busters are really hard to tolerate. I was really scared to take them too because of their reputation. I did feel worse for a few months and have progressively gotten SO much better. Anyways, I would love to see my blood under a microscope. I wish I knew of someone here that could do it with the level or expertise yours was done with!
Posts: 123 | From Washington State | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Here is another person who has also found spirochetes in their blood sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC3y-xq-LbM

When I took tindimax I felt nothing. I took Flagyl for 4 months the first time, just can't remember how the time frame overlapped.

Then again they gave me another 4 months in 2013. I must say that by the 4th month I did have slightly more energy, but by then they took it away.

I don't know why LLMD's are so reserved to give this right off the bat & I don't know why they don't keep us on it for longer? Maybe they know something we don't, perhaps there is great risk of neuropathy & cancer for them to withhold is as they do.

So I am taking Doryx, Penecillin VK, Nystatin, Plaquinil, Cryptolepsis plus, A-Babs, & detox. I decided to try Amoxi on top of all this. I remembered that I herxed on Amoxi the first time & even months after, but the herx did not last long.

I took 1g & within 45 felt different. I then took another 2g & then came the herx. So here we can be on many different ABX & it will not get to all the forms & get to all the tissues of the body. It is so important to rotate more often & aggressively.

I wish they would just give us flexibility to try this & that on our own.

[ 02-20-2014, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Lymedin2010 ]

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Good deal on a solid microscope for anyone who is looking.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251469392997?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D251469392997%26_rdc%3D1

Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy L     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am going to have darkfield done out of state on 3-19 Wed.

I have seen videos of the Bb forms. Does anyone have the links to videos or pictures of other pathogens like Bart or babs or filarial worms that I could look at before I go?

Thanks.

This darkfield is in KY and if it is very helpful I will share the location if someone is interested. I found this on a site that lists darkfield locations/docs.

Posts: 254 | From North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Babesia is harder to spot, but sometimes these crosses can be seen. I have never seen definitive babesia or crosses in my blood.

It is much easier to spot in dead blood stained samples.

I don't see many babesia videos & this one is rare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRWtCPsBEN4

Maybe try to take some camera video of the video monitor as they find things in your blood for us...thanks!

Some info on babesia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMWHW2w19pE

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Looks like this doctor found out he had Lyme through a blood smear!

http://aamdhealthsolutions.com/lyme_disease.htm

"My name is Dr. Allen Anderson. Almost four years ago, at age 65, a stroke rudely interrupted my busy ear, nose, throat and allergy practice. None of the physicians in the multi-specialty clinic where I worked could pinpoint a cause for the stroke.

I was not over weight, did not have high blood pressure, exercised regularly and did not smoke. My cholesterol was mildly elevated at 240. My diet was standard American with plenty of steak, french fries and diet soda.

After 3 months of rehabilitation I returned to practice. My problem was that I could barely drag myself through a work day because of chronic fatigue and severe pain in my shoulder and neck. These symptoms did not improve with time. I also noted that I was depressed along with problems sleeping at night.

With no help from my colleagues other than pills, in desperation I consulted a naturopathic physician who looked at a smear of my blood under the microscope. He pointed out many spiral like organisms called spirochetes along with yeast parasites. This was my introduction to the epidemic-like malady that is affecting thousands of Americans yearly.

I had Lyme disease, an infection caused by the bite of a deer tick infected with the spirochete organism Borrelia burgdorferi. "

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

"Sickest patients have most abnormal findings

This abnormal chemistry of the blood (the low amount of oxygen present, coupled with high levels of oxidative stress), then allows proliferation of what Professor Ali calls ‘Primordial Life Forms’ such as yeast, which clump with the microclots and worsen the problems outlined above.

In my experience, there is a correlation between the amounts of these anaerobic bugs seen and the severity of the illness.

Certainly my sickest patients have the most abnormal blood appearances on the video microscope. However these appearances are not only seen in CFS (ME) and Fibromyalgia (FM), but in many chronic illnesses. This is because at a cellular level the oxygen problems also exist in these illnesses. What I feel is important though is that the clots and yeast are a very important co-factor. "

http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=7681

Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nancy L     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SLML, GSE reputedly pops Bb cysts. I use the nutramedix brand and I have no bad reaction.

On the microscope screening, there is a place in Idaho if that is close enough to you in Wash.

I had dark field Wed and was amazed. I saw one long lyme spirochete, 2 short stick bacteria with knobs on each end (maybe newer Bb), some yeast blobs, some type of immune cells loaded with waste & proteins on surface, mycoplasm (did not know I had this also).

Also, I had a number of RBC's with "target" centers, which is from having thin-membrane outer cell walls. And a number of RBC's that were shaped like tear drops and some were paired with their points touching.

The tear-drop RBC pattern was explained to me as caused by incomplete protein digestion, and food enzymes must be taken with meals to correct this.

Dark Field microscopy is amazing to watch. You can really see the health/non-health of your red & white blood cells, and pathogens.

Posts: 254 | From North Carolina | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Be careful with GSE. If you are on Doxy or Zithro it can reduce the effectiveness of those ABX.

I am Doxy dependent & I know it definitely looses effectiveness when I try GSE.

It is always good to have visual verification & it is so easy to find. Look at this video from "Under Our Skin" & it comes on after Alan MacDonald speaks.

GO to 1:05 in the video to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCLwauRh2gQ

Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Do you have a reference for the GSE reducing the effectiveness of doxy (assume mino too) and Zithro?

When I see the LLMD, I assume I will be on one of those antibiotics.

Thanks.

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Some GSE are made from grapefruit seed AND juiceless pulp from the grapefruit.

http://www.consumer-health.com/services/DontPutYourAntibioticsatRisk.php

Ciprofloxacin (Cipro®)Levofloxacin (Levaquin®)

Doxycycline (Doryx®, Periostat®, Vibramycin®) Especially with doxycycline hyclate (Doryx®). Drink a FULL glass of water to avoid stomach irritation.9
Tetracycline (Tetracyclin®, Sumycin®)

DO NOT take the above medicines with some drinks containing calcium or iron. These can make your medicine less effective.

Herbal teas
Popular flavored water
Smoothies
Orange juice
Grapefruit juice
Milk
Milk of magnesia

In another article on grapejuice & ABX. This applies to clarithromycin (Biaxin), erythromycin derivatives (Azithromycin / Zithromax).

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/01/050124010803.htm

Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Thanks for the GSE reference.

Lymedin2010 - You said in an early post that you thought you had spirochete gallinarum. Is this a lyme spirochete?

Do you still think you have this type?

I have some pics of my blood now, and could forward some of them to you by email, if you think you could identify a couple of things.

I am computer-illiterate and do not know how to post on Utube or anything like that.

Not sure if the pics sent show this, but there were two short-stick (thin stick) with rounded ends like dumbbells, but not too much fatter than the stick. Not stubby in width of stick. Were yours stubby in width of stick?

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

I would like to answer this better, but I am actually on a new protocol & herxing and feeling worst..yippeeee.

Here is the short answer.

The best & really the only definitive way to know is via PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction). Basically, we use a small portion of the organisms & it's DNA and we amplify & and make millions of copies of it's DNA. Then it is compared to known DNA sequences & the exact type of bacteria can be identified.

Being that I cannot perform PCR, I look for best fit descriptions. I also look for something visual in the form of pictures, illustratiosn or videos for comparison. It basically acts like a mug shot when there are no other resources

I have pondered how to approach this on many nights & concluded that we must approach things like our forefathers where we give best guess hypothesis on observations. Then we continue to find evidence & research on what others have to fill in the gaps & come to a more clearer truth. Ultimately this is how truth is reached in many fields of discipline. In my case it has to be more so with limited resources.

When I was hunting for answers on Borrelia I could not get a complete picture of what I was seeing. It does not mean it is not out there, just that I had not come across anything that completely satisfied what I was seeing. I saw the blebs, cysts, various size spirochetes and the string of pearls. I also hypothesised that we could be multiple spirochete co-infected (different types of spirochetes in the blood) & always looked at multiple angles.

There was nothing that I came across that mentioned string of pearls or gave me a clear & cut PICTURE of blebs or how they formed. I knew before I even read anything on blebs that these things HAD TO come from spirochetes. Over the course of months I saw more & more of spirochetes in my blood & these dancing dots (blebs).

More sickness-->more Lyme symptoms-->more spirochetes-->TONS more blebs in my blood. I knew with all my being there was a correlation & especially when I saw what FULL BLOWN LYME patients blood looked like (from multiple youtube videos).

I came across this one website with information from a DOCTOR. This DR. was angry at other docs & even mentioned spirochetes coming out of White Blood Cells. I fell in love with this guy, since this is exactly what I saw in my blood. This even showed blebs (they called them coccoid bodies). The link may be in my old laptop now, but I did download one of his links to a pdf document & paper written by another individual.

A quick search for this document name & here is the link. Check the diagrams of the spirochete formation.
http://lymerick.net/1912-01.pdf

At the time this doc & paper best fit what I was looking at. I thought to myself even if this was not exactly the spirochete, at least it gives us clues as to how other spirochetes function. Just like Alan MacDonald did between Borrelia & Syphilis.

The only trouble I had were these two. The cysts were not really mentioned & I assumed that he just did not focus on these & we all know spirochetes go into cyst mode. The other issue is that the spirochete drawing did not have bulbous tips, like what I have seen. I attributed this to artist drawing or the scientist trying to fit the spirochete to look more closely to what spirochetes look like.

All the older common notions of spirochetes are these aggressive & burrowing/drilling machines. What I see is more passive & go with the blood flow organisms. Perhaps that is what makes them so much harder to kill?

A few weeks ago I came across Alan MacDonalds videos & I nearly jumped off my chair. String of pearls, blebs , videos of passive spirochete with bulbous tips and with the title on the video that said "BURRELIA BURGDORFERI." This thing moves & looks EXACTLY like what I see in my blood. Now I can take what I learned from Gallinarum & apply it to know VISUAL proof from another Dr. or scientist & consider this as my most recent explanation of what I see.

I also think that one of the next important things we will learn is that the baceria is EVERYWHERE in the body & this will give more credence to contact transmission. Just because there is contact does not mean you will get Lyme. Look at it as if someone had just gotten bit & we know how differently everyone reacts. There are many other factors that lead to full blown Lyme than just getting the bacteria in your system. A simple enzyme or normal presentation of vitamins can keep it at bay.

Most people may have spirochetes in their blood, but they may not have all of the co-infections, metals, mold, or detox issues combined to cause complete disease.

Reportedly there are 3 types of Borrelia that can cause lyme disease: Borrelia burgdorferi, Borrelia garinii , & Borrelia afzelii. I would not bet my money that these are the only ones. This is the new uncharted frontier or realization for humanity.

I would be more than happy to look at your pictures, videos & even look at your blood if you send it to me. I have a lot more to say, but I will leave it at this for now.

Nancy L
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42733

Lymedin2010 -

The spirochete shown in my dark field microscopy was also relaxed, long (not straight), some slight curves that changed, but definitely not spiral. And they ends (small, so might have missed some tail), looked somewhat bulbous.

I understand that the Bb go into spiral form mode when they are trying to move quickly. The spiral shape is for motility, to move faster.

Latest research (can't give link right now) shows that blebs somehow turn into small cysts and then form their dna into a spirochete that then leaves this form as a new spirochete in about 9 days.

There may be other cysts that are protective forms for the spirochetes too, when threatened. I'm not sure if that is an "also" or just older info.

Thanks so much for the link.

About contact transmission. If you have an active cut, perhaps that would be a source of contact Bb, but since Bb is mildly anaerobic, it would stay away from the surface of the skin, I believe.

I saw a picture of a test tube with different forms of bacteria in solution (still active and alive).

The aerobic bacteria were clustered at the top of the solution in the test tube, the completely anaerobic were at the bottom of the tube, and the Bb bacteria were about 1/3-1/4 of the way down the test tube solution, in a cluster band. So they stay away from direct contact with air.

Thanks for all the good info [Smile]

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

There is a BEAUTIFUL video of Borrelia releasing a BLEB on one of it's end. So it looks like the bulbous ends might have two functions.

1) Burrowing into cells
2) Bleb formation

Don't forget blebs can also be formed throughout the length of the spirochete in the "string of pearls" formation.

Look at 6:40 on this video, the link below will take you right into the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lODLLqLHNs&feature=player_detailpage#t=399

Nice view of L form of the bacteria at 5:20 into the same video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lODLLqLHNs&feature=player_detailpage#t=321

At 4:12 you can see the one of many, many, many forms of the cyst. So many & depends on how big the spirochete is when it folds in on itself & how it folds in on itself. The longer it is in cyst form I believe the longer it develops an outer protective layer & fortifies itself. Looking more bean or slipper like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lODLLqLHNs&feature=player_detailpage#t=253

Videos come directly from Alan MacDonald's website links from this webpage.

http://alzheimerborreliosis.net/videos/

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

I made a video on how to create your own blood smears for anyone who is interested in seeing borrelia spirochetes. I made dozens of blood smears & it did not come out the best in this video, but there were some waiting on me to make one for a while now so I just hit record & did a quick one.

I was going to wait for upgraded equipment, including a tripod, but enough waiting. I will make a better one in the future & more borrelia videos in the future.

My Lyme brain won't let me get out everything I wanted to say & I am too tired to do another take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ1scQdbmtg&feature=youtu.be

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Bigstan, I would buy this one right away (first link below) & then search for alternate means to make videos. I have a Zeiss microscope & got mine for $100, but I waited for 2-3 months before buying, as I scouted Ebay on the perfect bid. Then down the line I replaced the binocular head with a trinocular & then bought a camera.

I use an Amscope MU900 9MP camera, but it leaves much to be desired. I think my next camera will be a Sony Nex6, which is a standard point & shoot camera with HD video capabilities. This will be placed with an adapter on the trinocular & the built in time lapse capture will be used.

I have finally done some time lapse work & found it to be more revealing. Things opened up that I just could not spot before & it is amazing how much is missed otherwise. I think I finally found free swimming babesia in the blood.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AO-American-Optical-Spencer-Microscope-CE-0793-/331172161846

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fisher-Scientific-Micromaster-Trinocular-Microscope-LED-Illumination-/111315449044?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19eaeaf4d4

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Trinocular-Microscope-with-Transformer-2-Bi-HKW10x-5-Nikon-Objectives-/251499403979?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8e885acb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-81107-Trinocular-Microscope-/171269214588?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e070d17c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OLYMPUS-BH2-BHTU-TRINOCULAR-MICROSCOPE-stb-/400689837573?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d4af9b605

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-Optiphot-with-Trinocular-Head-LOC-H5-/141236423183?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20e258ca0f

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-40-1000x-Biological-Compound-Microscope-Trinocular-/140545858799?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b92f9cef

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40x-1600x-Trinocular-Compound-Biological-Microscope-Biology-Chemistry-Lab-New-/260871839875?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbd2c6083

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Check this video out at marked spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DEwVEN2kT_A#t=1091

Now answer this question. Do you know why the tick was able to pickup spirochetes from the mammal when human observation of tissues & tests could not pick it up?

Because the spirochetes are READILY IN THE BLOOD!!!! Think about it they must be readily available for the tick to be able to pick it up & spread the disease.

Also, how many spirochetes must one have for a small tick to take a small random bite, such a miniscule amount of blood, & from anywhere in your body & pickup lyme? BILLLIONS & BILLIONS of them!!!!!

lymenotlite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33166

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymenotlite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any opinions about this microscope?

http://www.amazon.com/AmScope-T490B-Professional-Trinocular-Biological/dp/B004QEFO1Q/ref=sr_1_26?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1397411994&sr=1-26&keywords=digital+microscope

Posts: 705 | From WA state | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

When I first got into microscopy because of Lyme I had looked at Amscope microscopes as well. Just simply debating whether I should go with this one vs an older but true & tested model (like the Zeiss or Nikon). I have always been impressed with Zeiss lenses on camera equipment & so that it might be the best choice on a microscope.

There is another poster here (LymeTwister) who checked his blood with an Amscope. I don't see him posting anymore. I did tell him how to do it briefly, only he did not have the benefit of my slide video. I have an older private message from him & he says "Nothing would be moving on a smear after 24 hrs. Impossible ! "

I would imagine either he was not completely infected yet or by his comment that his blood smears dried up & as a result he could not see the spirochetes dancing around when this happens. This individual was a nurse & he made that comment, yet I am able to see my blood cells live after days & progressive exiting of spirochetes. I experienced the same thing though, in the beginning I could not see anything because my blood would dry up & by the next day it looked like a debris blood cell war zone.

Also keep in mind if the outside/indoor temps are cooler, then it will be preserved longer. I always have central AC running when it is 80 or above.

It was a learning process for me, but so easy for anyone to learn quickly once you tell them the details & what might have taken them a long time otherwise.

This lymenet poster bought an Amscope & he reported it was no good. He then called Amscope & reported this to them and they sent him another model that worked out for him.

My opinion of Amscope is that they are cheaper scopes & all depending which model you buy, it is hit or miss. I have their Amscope MU900 9MP video camera & it is the best option I have now, but it is a horrific camera overall. My old point & shoot cameras & cell phones take better quality video.

If there is any Amscope microscope that I would buy, it would probably be that one. Call them up & tell them what you want to do & tell them that you want to see the blood cells clearly. Also buy directly from them & if there is a problem make sure that you can exchange/return it for another one.

Microscope I use & I will make a video sometime this week.

-Zeiss Microscope "Standard 14" Laboratory Binocular Microscope:
47 09 14-9902/45 (Actual Microscope model).

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

This guy uses the AmScope T490B. His images are at 10x & 20x (so 100x-200x what the eye can see). Video & images look better the bigger the object viewed is & lower the magnification. He does not provide us with samples of 100x oil (1000x), but based upon his lower mag slides, you should be ok with this microscope.

I like the adjuster on the trinocular, I wish I had that & you can see things smaller than I can. I can only go to 1000x, whilst you can hit 1500x & 2000x. Easy for me to get a 15x or 20x eyepiece & they are rather cheap. This higher mag is not always beneficial because of the VERY VERY narrow depth of field, but always nice to check & see.

Your biggest issue with this camera will be recording video, nothing to do with microscope, but the adapters & recording camera equipment choice.

Now look at video #1 & you can see how clear & beautiful the macro fauna is with his GoPro video camera. He has a DSLR video adapter on top of his trinocular port & just sits the camera on top...temporary setup for him.

Now look at video #2 & his first video as he shoots indirectly the video on his computer from the software. Horrific with the MU1000 (10MP Amscope) camera. Remember I have the 9MP version & I also have the same issues with my camera. The refresh rate & the AUTO exposure are HORRIFIC, it is like going back to when digital cameras were first invented.

You will end up using a cell phone & adapter or camera/video camera & adapter to get better quality video. If pictures tell a thousand words, then video can tell millions. I would stick with video recording if imaging & sharing is your intention.

To recap, I would take the risk on this EXACT model microscope, but stay far away from their cameras and be weary of some of their other model microscopes. Also, don't forget that your equipment will retain a certain value & you could resell for $150-$200 after Ebay fees.

Video #1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoNQWg6T81M

Video #2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrtrMXXOMJM

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

So I have been experimenting with time-lapse photography & it looks like since things move a lot slower that more info can be extrapolated/observed via this method.

Expand the video to the fullest, look at the RED arrow & then the spirochete burrowing into the WBC.

123 images taken 15s apart (123 * 15s) = A little over 30 min of pictures, so it took it that long to burrow into the WBC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMaDBl_my28&feature=player_detailpage

S13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for S13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im so done with antibiotics...
Almost 2 years of straight antibiotic usage, and still large motile spirochetes swim in my blood:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKZc2EKc1q4

I actually took a break from antibiotics 2 days a go. The blood was drawn today. I allowed the blood to sit for 6 hours on the slide before the video was made. The spirochetes seem to come out of hiding after a few hours. I can only imagine they hide in the red or white blood cells like Lymedin2010 has also shown.

Posts: 381 | From The Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

Beautiful video & it is very clear cut what that is.

It is so funny that HUNDREDS of years worth of doctor experience can't tell us much & such a simple technique can be so revealing.

These things simply won't die. I honestly believe that certain cells do not allow for (or allow much) contaminants (ABX) within the cell, doing so would disturb the integrity of what it was designed to do....carry O2 to the rest of the body.

I am doxy dependent & if I go off of Doxy, then I slide backwards rather quick. What I have noticed is the spirochetes are more motile, they move around a bit more rapidly, when I am off Doxy.

I have done this off & on a few times to be able to say it with confidence. So Doxy does appear to inhibit protein synthesis, making it more sluggish, but does not kill it. If they are sluggish within your cells it may be a lost cause, your WBC never get to it to kill it.

The biggest impact to the spirochetes that I have seen is when on Doxy AND Penicillin VK. They appear to be more sluggish & just all bent out of shape and look very deformed. There are more quantities of smaller spirochetes & they too look deformed.

Some reports indicate an antagonistic affect between the two, but experienced LLMD's know from REAL WORLD lymie tests that they work synergistically.

S13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for S13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, the damn things just wont die with conventional abx.

Btw, i used an old cheap Olympus binocular E-series microscope. Dark field up to 400x (and bright field up to 1000x immersion) which is good enough for clear recognition of spirochetes.

Posts: 381 | From The Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the recognition & attention of a well known Lyme researcher. This person sees the same thing in my videos & one of their students is trying to capture the same thing with the WBC's & spirochetes.

[ 09-08-2014, 10:57 AM: Message edited by: Lymedin2010 ]

Lymedin2010
Member # 34322

My "String of Pearls" borrelia video find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Sa8lg9HbU

springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymedin2010

One of your posts you mention treating from outside body with rife or led or lasers type things.
Have your tried anything like that and looked at blood as a response. Curious

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement