LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 54)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 54 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
LadyT
Member # 52252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Phoiph and Digby for your replies! Most appreciated.
The reason I was doing 2 hours was I have endometriosis and there was a study showing the reduction of the lesions with 2 hours for each dive. Also, many docs online suggest 2 hours for the lyme/co-infections.
Functioning is non-existent I'm afraid, and has been for years. I do have my mom help me walk across the house because I know I need to move my lymph, etc.
Diet is high in healthy fats and always all organic foods (veggies, meat, berries).
I do wave1 by fremedica (its a form of light therapy) and because of the lack of progress, I am now doing pulsed IV antibiotics.
Supplements include multi-vit, organ supplements by Ancestral, cod liver oil, probiotics.
I used to do a lot of cultured foods but realized that it was negatively affecting me as I have to watch my histamine.
I have had lyme for 29 years, so don't know what the typical recovery rate with mHBOT is for that length of illness.
My doc is recommending 3000 mg of vit C spread out through the day to help with adrenal function, although I don't know if I should because I don't want that to impede the HBOT. I also take cytomel (for hypothyroid), low dose of hydrocortisone for adrenals (trying to help with POTS-like symptoms), and trazodone for insomnia. To support the liver, I also take milk thistle and NAC (small doses as I know they are antioxidants).

Posts: 8 | From CO | Registered: Dec 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyT
Member # 52252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more thing. My mom wants me to get off all antibiotics and do bee venom therapy. Does anyone know if you can do bvt with hyyperbaric? I have asked 3 different practitioners and they all gave different replies.
Posts: 8 | From CO | Registered: Dec 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome LadyT. Phoiph and Digby have given you wonderful advise. I am a beekeeper and don't do BVT. With histamine issues I would be concerned, but I don't know a lot about it.

If I were you, I would do as they suggested and drop down to 60 minutes of dives a day for a long while and see how you feel before trying something different.

Don't give up!!

Posts: 1564 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kgg, How awesome that you are a beekeeper. Bees rock!

Lady T,
Thanks for the additional information. Just so you know, 8 months is not a long time to have been doing mHBOT in the scheme of things. At 8 months, I was just starting to notice "shifts", but these shifts didn't necessarily feel like improvement.

Some people take longer to realizes differences, but if they keep at it, they eventually do (Digby is a good example).

My opinion is that a simple protocol is best. 1 hour/day of mHBOT (not counting pressurization and depressurization time), consistently.

For diet, I would also consider meat broth (less in histamines than bone broth) to help heal your gut. You didn't mention eating gluten, but I would eliminate that if you do. Continue with lots of good fats and a paleo-type diet. The vitamin C dosage suggested is not that high, but I suspect that it may be too much for your gut at this point. You will have to be the judge.

I know your mobility is limited, but consider a very gentle yoga class which can be done in bed or a chair (many offered on Zoom). Focus strongly on your breath. The gentle movement will greatly help your circulation and ability to move lymph/detox.

Finally, unless the antibiotics are somehow helping, I suggest revisiting the antibiotic choice with your doctor. The state of your gut microbiome is crucial to becoming well, and it is severely disrupted by antibiotics.

Usually, someone who does mHBOT while antibiotics will need to gradually reduce and eliminate them once they have become more stable on mHBOT in order to become well. This process inevitably takes longer than it does for someone who is not on antibiotics.

I hope this helps...feel free to PM me anytime.

Posts: 1593 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keikko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I am going to jump into the hyperbaric world soon I was wanting some feedback on what chamber to get.

For those who have Newtowne, wondering about the zipper issue. Has it been hard to use with no one else there? Any feedback about your experience with this chamber would be great...good and bad.

Also, if anyone has the Solace by Oxyhealth Im wondering how you like this chamber? I am a small person 5'3 95lbs. I know its not as roomy but just curious if anyone has or is using this and your experience. Good and bad.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Posts: 107 | From ATX | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love my Newtowne, but it does take a little while to figure out the zippers. My husband usually zips up the outside zippers for me and I do the inside, but if he is not home, I am able to do all 3 zippers myself.

Sometimes I need to unzip and start again if I don't get it right the first time, but I have never felt unable to manage things myself. I have the 34", which I find to be very comfortable and I do not feel anxious or claustrophobic in it. Customer service has been excellent as well.

If you are on FB, there is a wonderful group called MHBOT Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy that has been a huge help to me. I remember searcing and finding some videos with instructions when I was a beginner. Good luck with your decision!

Posts: 2358 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Newtowne as well. Marie at Newtowne suggested to me to use a wooden paint stick to finish closing the zippers into the small pocket area that is at the end of both the outside and inside zipper. I find it works well.

For the middle zipper, I make sure I pull up with my arms over my head to seat it well.

I know everyone talks about the zippers for the Newtowne chamber, but I find it no different than the OxyHealth chambers. I had a Vitaeris chamber. I have had more false starts on the OxyHealth chamber where I did not zip up the outside zipper far enough than using the Newtowne.

As far as size, I am 5 ft tall but weigh more than you. I would not like the Solace size. Even though I may fit in it, I like the ability to sit up and move around in a roomier chamber. I have the 34" chamber.

Posts: 1564 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S13
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 42830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for S13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Summit To Sea chamber "the Dive" and it has been working flawless since 2013.

Getting in and out is pretty easy, though you need a bit of flexibility.
I use a wireless remote to switch the pump on and off while im in the chamber, so im in full control.
To the roof ive attached 3M velcro, so i can hang my tablet from the roof and look at netflix/youtube while im laying on the mattress.

I use it approx 70% of the days, so that is about 2000 dives.
Come to think of it, that makes the cost per dive only a couple of euros! Over the years ive probably spend more on certain supplements [Wink]

The chamber hasnt needed any servicing or maintenance, other than me keeping it clean and sometimes lubing the air hose rubber with vaseline (i travel a lot now, and the chamber travels with me, so the air hose gets disconnected every day)

I dont know how long it will last, because traveling does take its toll on the material, but for now it seems to be going just fine. I never use it up to 1.5ATA any more, 1.4 is the max these days and only when im at higher elevation (above 500 - 1000m in the mountains).

Back then the Summit to sea chambers were a bit more affordable and easier to get in the EU. Dont know if that situation has changed since.

Posts: 366 | From The Netherlands | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All
I wanted to share some info and get some feedback

I have found CBD oil a great help in getting to sleep

For some reason some brands work for this and some dont
The Dr Rawls brand works but a couple others don't

I am wondering if any of you have had this experience and if you know why some work and some don't for sleep

Thanks

Posts: 259 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbokitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi keikko! Welcome. I also have the Newtowne. Yes, a bit of a learning curve on the zippers but I don’t even think about it any more. I’ve been diving 6 days a week (7 during most of last year) for 2 1/2 years. I do it myself. Great customer service!
Posts: 106 | From WI | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keikko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the replies!

I appreciate it so much. With my poor brain function it is hard to make a decision on what is best.

Dbpei, good to know about the Facebook group and you were able to navigate the zippers. I'm not on FB but maybe I should give it a try.

Kgg, thank you for the info. Interesting the was no difference for you with the Vitaris, Ya, I have heard the Solace is small. I guess Im not sure what to except so I didn't know if the was a big deal or not.

S13, I have not heard of that brand but I will check it out. Sounds like it has worked out really well. Thats a lot of dives!

Thank you carbokitty. Good to get your feedback and that you can do it yourself. Im afraid of getting in there and not being able to get out. [Smile]

Hominahomina, I have had a similar experience with CBD oil Some gives me more energy and some helps me sleep. I take it 4 times a day and love it but I take two different ones. one to give me more energy and one for calming. The one I take before bedtime is from One Farm and it works great for me.

Thank you!

Posts: 107 | From ATX | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Keikko

What strength and flavor do you use and how much per night ?

Posts: 259 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

I get the unflavored just because I dont like flavor too much and I get the 30mg bottle and only have to take 8-10 drops. That way the bottle lasts longer so it cheaper. Im pretty sensitive to supplements and medications so less is always better for me.

I started out with the 10mg strength and have moved up to the 30mg and just use the less of the stronger one if that makes sense. Its organic too:)

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Thanks I might try it
FYI The Rawls brand at 1200mg when on sale is cheaper

keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Good to know! Thank you Hominahomina.

I take CBD mostly for anxiety and sleep but it is the one thing in my supplement cabinet that I would hold on to.

It was a process of trying what worked but I was lucky I lived by a pharmacy that carried several brands so I returned them when they weren't helpful.

CBD is so helpful once you get the one that works for you.

I have heard the Charlottes's Web brand has a good one for sleep too but I haven't tried it.

Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

keikko

I am trying to find out why some works and some does not some companies give a lot of detail so that helps
I can check out Charlottes web I have heard it recommended before

tom f
Member # 51089

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tom f     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Airsep intensity and "pulse" mode-
Wouldn't be true that if the unit was in this mode and under use - the glass lpm indicator would be pulsing/fluctuating instead of a steady reading?

I want to turn it to as close to 10 lpm as possible.

Posts: 16 | From Michigan | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tom,

When used with a chamber, oxygen concentrators have to work harder in general to compensate for the backpressure from the chamber (this is why 20psi units, like the Airsep New Life Intensity 10, are recommended).

The reason you need to keep the AirSep at 8-9LPM (max) when using with a home chamber, is that you will retain about 3% more oxygen purity than if you set it at 10LPM.

In other words, the higher the LPM is set, the greater the flow, but the percentage of 02 will drop.

For the Airsep, it has been determined that 8LPM is the "sweet spot", as it provides good flow without sacrificing 02 purity. Other brands will differ.

Posts: 1593 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Out of curiosity Have any of you been diving specifically to prevent a Covid infection and if so what have been your results ?
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Hello.

I was able to do my first mHBOT treatment yesterday in a Newtowne Chamber. I only did 30 minutes and overall it went well.

Less body pain throughout the day but my brain felt worse and things seemed more surreal afterwards.

I am on a waiting list for a Newtowne Chamber but its going to a while and a concentrator.

I am wondering what was the off gassing like for Newtowne Chmabers. I am very sensitive to chemicals and I am wondering once I get the chamber will it need to sit out for several months to even use it?

kgg
Member # 5867

Congratulations for your first dive! I too am chemically sensitive. There is a slight smell when I first got it but I did not react to it. There was a time that they would send you a sample of the material but that was just going to delay the arrival of my chamber so I did not request it.

I don't remember how long the smell lasted. Maybe a couple of weeks? But again, I did not react to it. I usually get nauseated and increased fatigue when I am exposed to chemicals. That did not happen.

Lassie27
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lassie27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phoiph - I am pming you for some information!
Posts: 108 | From North East | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Thank you Kgg!
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Hi. My chamber will be here next week and I finally have a concentrator.

Im trying to find the link to the oxygen mask some have purchased off amazon. Does anyone have it?

Anything else I will need to get started? I have read this thread twice and it all leaves my brain in seconds. I should have written more down. Im going to have to read it again [Smile]

Hoping I will be able to successfully do this with such poor brain function.

Thank you

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi keikko,

If you purchased your concentrator from the resource we talked about, it will come with masks.

If you need to purchase one, here is an example:

https://www.amazon.com/Simple-Medium-Concentration-Oxygen-Mask/dp/B00NWZGNXI/ref=pd_di_sccai_2/139-3659857-6821556?pd_rd_w=xjcuR&pf_rd_p=c9443270-b914-4430-a90b-72e3e7e784e0&pf_rd_ r=XFX1TJR9VT6ZRRKMN28E&pd_rd_r=ecb79039-3ea8-49b8-9259-23887f8d79a4&pd_rd_wg=8ANB4&pd_rd_i=B00NWZGNXI&psc=1

(I strongly recommend NOT using a non-rebreather mask [with the attached bag]. Those are designed for more oxygen flow than our concentrators provide when hooked up to a chamber, and could be counterproductive at the very least.)

kgg
Member # 5867

This is the one I bought off of Amazon. It is an OxyMask. Less hot to wear, imo. I started with the one Phoiph has listed above. But changed to this one. Btw, it may be cheaper elsewhere. But you requested an Amazon link so that's what I did.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JPV5DBA?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-ypp-rep_ypp_rep_k1_1_7&crid=3EWUF0RRT6JUZ&sprefix=oxymask

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Thanks, kgg!

The Oxymasks are great if the simple mask is uncomfortable (I use one). You just have to make sure they are manufactured by Southmedic/Medline Industries, and not a knock-off brand.

I am glad you found this link, as they were unavailable for awhile without a prescription.

keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Thank you Phoiph and kgg. I will get one of these. Can you also use a nasal cannula. I remember somewhere on the thread that said no but just making sure.

Phoiph I was not able to get a concentrator from James because he has no idea when he is getting them in. Back ordered for who know how long. He told me if I could find one somewhere else to get it cuz they are in demand. He is so nice!

I was able to buy a Drive from the hyperbaric place here. When I was trying out the chamber they had several delivered and I asked if I could buy one. Long story but they sold me one.

Thank you for all the help!!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

keikko~

Great!

I would use one of the two suggested masks and not a nasal cannula, as the masks will deliver 02 more effectively for our purposes.

Please contact me before you run your chamber, as I have some diving instructions (with precautions) I can send you.

keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Hi. I am wondering if on the 02 concentrator, do you just leave it at 10LPM?

Or do you work up ? like 2L then 3 etc.?

I know you are supposed to start without wearing it at first, and then wear it for 20 mins etc. but just wondering if it always at 10L?

Thank you!

Also can the compressor and concentrator sit next to each other on the floor or do they need to separated?

Thank you! I

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi Keikko,

With your concentrator, because it is not an AirSep or a SeQual, you will set it and leave it at 10LPM, even throughout your slow start up schedule.

The compressor and concentrator should be separated a bit if possible. Both produce heat that will be drawn into the chamber. Even if you can place one at the head, and the other at the foot of the chamber, that will help.

keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Got it!

Thank you Phoiph!!!!!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

An informative review of people's personal experiences with Lyme and Covid "vaccine" reactions. Scroll down to blog section:

https://danielcameronmd.com/opinion-low-covid-19-vaccine-trust-among-lyme-disease-patients/

kgg
Member # 5867

Thank you for posting Phoiph. I have been in conversation with a physician friend who has chronic Lyme. She thinks this "vaccine" is brilliant. I asked her how she could trust it while it is the very same entity that have been denying Lyme for decades. I did not really get a response, except that she understands how I could be skeptical considering the history. So I guess I agree with this headline. Will take time to read it and the comments later today.
  This topic comprises 54 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement