LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Mild Hyperbaric Treatment (Page 55)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 57 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57   
Author Topic: Mild Hyperbaric Treatment
Phoiph
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome, Kaibyrd...
Posts: 1758 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keikko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Phioph!

Kaibyrd, I do take binders twice a day and feel they help me. I think its helps bind the toxins in the gut so they can be eliminated but the toxins come from all over the body.

Castor oil packs on the liver are my favorite to detox after years of coffee enemas, saunas, etc. I try to do the most gentle approach now.

Also, just curious if your living situation is mold free. Wondering because of the chest tightness and sleep issues. Thats what would happen to me when I was living in mold but everyones symptoms are so different so not trying to plant a seed or create worry.

Posts: 132 | From ATX | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaibyrd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Keikko,

I need to try the castor oil packs. I do sauna and sometimes am forced to do deep tissue massage because of muscle pain, mostly in my back. I do it myself with a massage tool so that I can focus on the area that’s hurting and not stir things up everywhere else. It helps the pain but symptoms flair for a couple days.

I’m pretty sure I don’t have any mold. It’s a newer home that’s never been flooded and humidity isn’t a problem. Lack of humidity drives me and the kitties crazy in the winter. I can usually smell mold and have never smelled any here.

--------------------
KB

Posts: 166 | From Northern VA | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phoiph     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is one of my favorite (short and sweet) head and neck stretch sequences that I find also opens the chest:

https://youtu.be/WgYZ35YQdd0

Posts: 1758 | From Earth | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keikko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Phioph!
Posts: 132 | From ATX | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbokitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning and Happy New Year! It's been a while since I've posted here and I've felt I've wanted to the past couple days.
My journey, like many, has continued to be an up and down one. At the moment, I'm happy to report it's up. I mostly feel good and better than I did at the beginning of my mHBOT adventure.
I have now done 743 dives starting in April 2019. (Prior to that, I started my first at a local clinic Dec 31 2018, at first 20 min and then 40 min and I stayed at 40 min until, thanks for Phoiph's help, I bought my own chamber and started home dives that April)
What's changed? I had chronic diarrhea/loose stools. Within 3 days of my first clinic dives, my stools formed (!!). It hasn't been a 100%. I occasionally screw things up by adding or trying something (supplement, food) and then I have to regroup. However, in general it's been good.
Sleep is so much better. I have my off times. Often from mold exposure and mold exposure can be from clothing or more recently I purchased a comforter that either had some mold or I was reacting to a finish. I was fine when I got rid of it.

I left my marriage this past year. As I reflect back, I credit mHBOT for a lot of my shift in energy and awareness and courage. Perhaps all that time (we were married 22 years), I was deficient in oxygen. That's my theory, anyway. The whole 22 years weren't bad but the last 4 there was a deterioration. In the end, he was railing (raling?) that I was finally healthy and now I was leaving. We filed last Dec, I moved out in March and the divorce was final in June. I've had time to grieve and reflect and again, I do see starting mHBOT as a real turning point of me slowly and subtlly getting better and stronger and finding my voice.

I've lost my entire extended family as he has painted himself as a victim and says he "never saw it coming". But that's a story for another forum-lol.

This Friday I will move into my new house. I closed on it on Dec 22. In August/Sept, I discovered mold in the basement of the rental I'm in (I have CIRS/mold sensitivity/previous mold exposure). I started having all my mold exposure symptoms. I was able to hire someone to remediate and this place has been fine ever since. So now, however, I'm moving again and that comes with all sorts of potential issues. But I'll have my chamber.

I did consult with a functional medicine dr back in 2020. The guidance was a bit hit and miss but he did get me on a number of supplements that were helpful. (some were an aggravation. I have to try things in small quantities and go from there).
I also have tried ozone therapy-first auricular and then drinking ozone water. I have found the auricular to be wonderful and miraculous and energizing! Not sure about the water yet and as many of my issues are in my gut, I'm not sure yet whether it's an aggravation.

My diet is still super limited-but I manage. I have recently added a meditation program specific for gut issues. Although I continue to feel there is a physiological component to my gut issues, why not do some additional meditation? Can't hurt! (Although I've been meditating pretty consistently for about 17 years, starting with shelter in place in March 2020, I haven't missed a day with at least 1 meditation).

So while all the changes brought about by mHBOT are not obvious/physical, I am grateful that this group and this therapy has brought me to a level of health and out of the fog with regard to the bullying and emotional abuse in my marriage. And I'm here to say that one can dive in a Newtowne and manage the zippers by oneself [Wink]

I hope everyone is well and wish you all good health in 2022. Thank you so much for all everyone contributes to this forum.

Carbokitty

Posts: 116 | From WI | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbokitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again! I have a question: A friend of mine started exhibiting MS like symptoms last January. First with R arm pain, then mobility issues, incontinence, extreme insomnia, frequent urination. Navigating the medical system (and on medicaid now due to the pandemic and losing her business) it's taken all year to get multiple tests run. Everything is "normal" (we all know that story, sadly!). The last test was a spinal tap about a month ago. Again, everything normal, except IgM for Lyme.
Now, IgM is for recent exposure. Not past. And her onset was 12 months prior with no real uptick (no pun intended) in the last month really. How do they explain this information? It doesn't make sense to me.

(And because of my own mold journey, I've been beating that drum to her-she's in another state. Finally, her boyfriend-who she started seeing in Dec 202-tested his house and has sky-high levels of mold!) and we tested her with a urine collection and yes, sky-high levels of mold. So I think there's a component and her symptoms are either mold related or mold inflammation turned on a present MS gene in her system. But I can't make sense of this Lyme marker. Can you?)

Thanks,
Carobkitty

Posts: 116 | From WI | Registered: Apr 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Carbokitty~

BRAVO!!!

Thank you for this honest and inspirational post. It is wonderful to hear how you are healing and growing stronger on so many different levels!

I'm very happy for you!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Regarding your friend...

As you know, Lyme tests are notoriously unreliable.

A negative spinal tap does not rule out infection, and a person can have a positive IgM for Lyme for 10-20 years after infection.

You already know she has mold sensitivity/illness, which corresponds with the mold exposure, and this could be compounded by a previous or prior Lyme infection (although supposedly a positive IgM for Lyme can cross react with a few other conditions.)

She could spend the $ and get some better Lyme testing done by a knowledgeable LLMD if she wants more answers, but beware, this can also lead down lots of treatment rabbit holes, depending. It would be worthwhile if she thinks she could have a recent Lyme exposure/infection, however.

One thing for sure, I would not blindly accept an MS diagnosis, as her symptoms are common to mold and/or Neurological Lyme.

And, of course, mHBOT would be my treatment of choice either way, with your help in navigating the mold illness. She is very fortunate to have the benefit of your experience!

Hopefully others will respond here...it takes a village...

kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started a post over on another thread so I will repeat here. We have had Covid in the house for about 10 days. I had already been back to diving daily for about 3 weeks. The only symptom I had since the first person started with Covid was the sniffles. Yesterday, I had a temp of 101. I think I over did it taking care of the homestead while people were sick. Unfortunately, 14" snow storms wait for no one. I am still diving. I am in the chamber as I type this. I believe one of the reason I did not get as sick as the others initially is diving. Time will tell. Now my goal is to avoid being a long hauler. Interesting, I was watching a video this morning that they are using low dose Naltrexone for long Covid. Gee, where have we seen that before?

Editing to add this: https://eurjmedres.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40001-021-00570-2

Posts: 1605 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

kgg,

Thank you for the update...it is valuable information!

Please keep the updates coming and let us know how you're doing.

dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kgg, I am sorry you got Covid, but it sounds like you are making some good strides and the mhbot is helping you. I hope you continue to improve. It is really good to hear that you think mhbot is helping you. Thanks for updating us and try to take things slow and not overdo.

I had not yet read about LDN being used for long covid! Interesting!!

Posts: 2370 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Determinedtobeatthis
Member # 52484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Determinedtobeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone!

I have been diving for about 3 weeks and am going slowly. The highest I got has been 3psi due to the reaction.

Does anyone else get pressure in their chest/air hunger feelings? Once I felt stabbing pains in various spots in my ribs/chest a few hours after getting out along with the air hunger and a spacey type feeling. I am only staying in for 25 minutes.

Also does anyone feel pressure between their temples/forehead during the dive?

Lastly, if the power were to go out while in the chamber do you decompress extra quickly, or do you have ample time to do the usual (for me it’s 8-10 min)?

Thanks!

[ 02-08-2022, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Determinedtobeatthis ]

Posts: 4 | From NJ | Registered: Nov 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbpei
Member # 33574

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbpei     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Determinedtobeatthis, welcome! I often feel the need to yawn (air hunger?) while building up to pressure and the yawning actually helps by opening my eustachian tubes. But I don't usually have this air hunger following my dives.

I haven't had the stabbing pains you describe in my ribs/chest after getting out of the chamber either - but I do have occasional pain in my head in certain spots while building up to pressure and this usually goes away. I have wondered if it might be a vulnerable area where there is scar tissue or some healing that is taking place.

I am usually more relaxed following my dives, but I would not say spacey. I have often wondered about the same thing with regard to losing power while in the chamber. I usually like to take about 10 - 15 minutes depressurizing and have worried that it might hurt my ears if we were to lose power and things deflate to quickly. Maybe there is someone here who this has happened to that can chime in.

Posts: 2370 | From New England | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is my understanding that if there was a power failure, it is OK and good to still take the 10 minutes to deflate. You really need to protect your ears and sinuses by deflating slowly as normal.

Determinedtobeatthis, I have heard of someone saying they get chest pains after they dive. They were checked out by a cardiologist who said everything was fine.

So we really did not get an answer as to what was causing the pain.

The forehead pressure would suggest to me, if it were me, that I did not clear my ears enough. I have also been known to take a decongestant prior to a dive if I feel stuffy.

It is good that you are taking your time ramping up the pressure and time. Listen to your body.

When I first started, I took about 3 months to get up to pressure and an hour of diving. Yes, that is a long time. But I do not consider it lost time.

By the time I was using mHBOT to treat my Lyme, I was all done with feeling horrible with treatment. So I took my sweet time so that I did not feel much worse. And I am glad I did.

It is not a sprint, but a marathon. There is a time that research shows the benefits start, I am sure Phoiph knows what that is, but I still felt improvement from the get go.

dbpei, I came from the CFS/ME world before being diagnosed with Lyme many moons ago. In that community, they have been using LDN for a long time. Also for MS. Basically any autoimmune based illness.

I will post the video that talks about how it works. It is technical and I may have dozed through some of it ;-), but Dr. Mobeen Syed explains how and why it works.
https://odysee.com/@FrontlineCovid19CriticalCareAlliance:c/FLCCC-WEBINAR-020222_FINAL-EDIT:e

[ 02-09-2022, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: kgg ]

Posts: 1605 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a request for posters: please break up your posts into 2-3 sentence paragraphs, as there are people on Lymenet who cannot read large blocks of text due to neurological problems from Lyme. Thank you.

For those who have already posted, please click the "Edit post" icon at the top-right side of your post, make your changes, then click "Edit Post" at the bottom.

Posts: 8923 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Determinedtobeatthis, I am new to this as well, about three months and have had to go very slowly and work through various issues that have been arising. First was ear pain, so I had to take a break or stay at low pressure until I got that figured out.

The next was chest pressure and pain when I got out. I dont know what caused it but I would wait to go into that chamber until it calmed down, even if that was two or three days. It was uncomfortable and gave me anxiety. It eventually passed on its own.

I also get very spacey when I get out. Like dont know what Im supposed to be doing so instead of worrying about it now I just go with it. It usually last like an hour or so but sometimes longer.

I still am not up tp full time after 3 months. I am at 40 mins every other day at full pressure. Sometimes I try to do every day but I get increased dizziness and vertigo and pain. Like I feel immobilized so I just keep going slow. I'm not sure if thats the right thing to do.

I have been sick for 16 years now with lyme and all the things and a living in a house with mold until last year so I figure this will take some time. My biggest problem is my brain, I am lost like all the time so the spaciness being increased is hard but hoping in time it will get better.

Also, I think I have supposed to be cleaning the filters on the compressor and concentrator. Does anyone know how often this should be done and how. Thank you

Phoiph
Member # 41238

quote:
Originally posted by dbpei:
I have often wondered about the same thing with regard to losing power while in the chamber. I usually like to take about 10 - 15 minutes depressurizing and have worried that it might hurt my ears if we were to lose power and things deflate to quickly. Maybe there is someone here who this has happened to that can chime in.

This has happened to me several times. The chamber will initially deflate rather quickly on its own when power is lost, as the air will continue to escape through the exit valves due to the residual pressure.

Although startling when this happens (especially since the concentrator alarms as well), it is not a complete, instantaneous deflation, and has not hurt my ears.

If this happens, since you don't have fresh air coming in, I recommend deflating the chamber the rest of the way via the deflation valve, and not delay too long in getting out.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

keikko,

If I recall, you have an Oxyhealth chamber. Do you have the small gray metal compressor with the 2 round, black filters, or the large square white compressor?

Remind me...do you have an AirSep or DeVilbiss concentrator?

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over the years I have only had the electric go out twice while I was in the chamber. There is plenty of fresh air inside to last for quite a while. 15 or 20 minutes is no problem at all.

Of more concern is the back pressure on your O2 concentrator. I simply crimp the tubing closed until the pressure is reduced to about 1 psi and then let it go.

Hope that helps.

Posts: 534 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Determinedtobeatthis
Member # 52484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Determinedtobeatthis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the replies. Keikko, the chest pressure you describe sounds similar. It’s pressure and a feeling of not being able to take as deep of a breath, although I can breath fine otherwise, it is still scary at times.

I also have been told I have possible SIBO/motility issues due to extreme stomach cramping/pain and it seems hard to distinguish the pressure I get after the chamber and now this digestive issue. Ugh! Has anyone had luck treating SIBO?

I wasn’t entirely sure if all my symptoms were a herxing effect or just chamber side effects. The spacey feeling has lasted up to 1.5 days. At least it doesn’t last weeks, like other symptoms from my illness have.

Keikko, dizziness and vertigo are the worst! When I get those symptoms (not from diving) they can last weeks at a time and have even caused panic attacks, so hopefully the chamber will help with that over time.

Ok, that makes sense about the depressurizing during power failure. The manual says to breath out if that happens but I’ve never been up to full pressure so I wasn’t sure how the automatic release valves work.

Last question I promise…does anyone have any tips to get the outside zipper closed all the way? I am having a hard time, even with the zipper lube. Someone suggested a paint stick to push it the rest of the way but I haven’t tried it yet.

Posts: 4 | From NJ | Registered: Nov 2021  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Great idea to protect the concentrator from backpressure, Digby...thanks!
kgg
Member # 5867

Determinedtobeatthis, Marie at NewTowne Hyperbarics told me about the paint sticks. It works! I have a couple in my chamber. I pull them up as far as I can, then use the end to finish.
Determinedtobeatthis
Member # 52484

Great, thanks everyone!
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Determinedtobeaththis, yes the chest pressure sounds similar because yes I could breathe fine but just felt pressure. I haven't been diagnosed with SIBO but I do have digestive issues that I'm working on. I take that probiotic VSL#3 which has helped slow down my digestion.

Thanks everyone, good to know what to do in a power failure.

Phoiph, yes it Oxyhealth with small grey compressor with black filter and a DeVilbiss concentrator.

dbpei
Member # 33574

kgg, thank you for the link to that website from FLCCC about LDN (a few posts back). It was so informative and encouraging with the parallels between Long Covid and chronic Lyme!

I am grateful for doctors like these, with open (and brilliant) minds that acknowledge the pain and suffering of those with chronic illness that are trying to do something to help us!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

keikko,

For your DeVilbiss concentrator, see P.9 of the manual for routine filter cleaning:

https://www.drivedevilbiss-int.com/media/pdf/78/45/70/LT-2329-Rev-D.pdf

Your Oxyhealth compressor filters only need occasional cleaning. Unscrew the black spheres from the unit, then twist each to open (this is often difficult!). Gently dust off the paper filter inside.

Also, it is a good idea to occasionally remove any lint from the inside of the chamber exit valves. You can wipe them out GENTLY with a Q-tip or microfiber cloth.

The chamber itself can be wiped down with a 50/50 solution of hydrogen peroxide and water.

keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Thank you Phoiph!
LadyT
Member # 52252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone heard of any stories of mHBOT healing autoimmune diseases, like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus? And how long it took?
Thank you

Posts: 21 | From CO | Registered: Dec 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if it is ok to take D-ribose and coq10 with HBOT?

I am still new to this and working my way up, using the chamber 4 times a weeks with oxygen now. I have severe fatigue. Like I am so tired to do anything. A chiropractor used these two supplements for energy and heart health.

I also take fish oil, vitamin d, a couple of herbs to help with viruses which seems like I feel like I get new one every week.

I also have physical pain, like everything hurts which I did not really have before HBOT unless I was in some type of flare up but seems constant now. Brain is still so challenged.

I just need to have some energy to care for myself. Like do the laundry and make food and take dogs for short walks

Thank you

Phoiph
Member # 41238

quote:
Originally posted by LadyT:
Has anyone heard of any stories of mHBOT healing autoimmune diseases, like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus? And how long it took?
Thank you

Lady T,

I think you might find these articles interesting. More can be found with a Google search:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32947434/

https://sarasgarden.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Rheumatic-Diseases-HBOT.pdf

Phoiph
Member # 41238

keikko,

I think those supplements are fine with mHBOT, as long as your gut is healed enough to handle supplements.

I remember having lots of flares in my symptoms when I began mHBOT. It sounds to me like your immune system is kicking in and starting to take care of issues, which often isn't pleasant.

Think of how you feel when you have the flu...in pain and exhausted. It is not the flu bugs making you feel badly, it is actually your immune system which is activated to fight the bugs.

I am very grateful that I didn't give up, even though I had symptom flares, and had no idea where this therapy was going to take me.

After several months, I could feel things shifting a little, and eventually my progress turned into a gradual, 2 step forward, one step back pattern.

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
keikko...Consider taking the CoQ10 a couple of hours after you use the chamber. You don't want to take too many antioxidants before or right after using the chamber as it may interfere with the endogenous production of antioxidants that mHBOT causes. You will get benefit without this suggestion but it does tweak the therapy in the right direction.
Posts: 534 | From NW Arkansas | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Also, keikko...

mHBOT does give your mitochondria a work out...which, like exercise, can cause fatigue at first. Over time, your mitochondria become more efficient at producing energy.

keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Hi. Ok, thank you so much Phioph and Digby.

Yes, That is how I feel, like have a bad flu all the time and cold. I still got in chamber yesterday. Feel very dizzy today and flu like.

Anyway, Thank you for the suggestion about the c0q10 Digby. I will take it several hours after chamber use. I cant find any low dose ones as I am sensitive to supplements but hopefully will.

I wonder how long I should stay at every other day? Like am I making things worse for myself by doing every other day or would it be better to do every day and try to push through? Its hard to know if I should increase or decrease.

Thank you

Phoiph
Member # 41238

I'll give you a call. Others, please chime in with your experience on starting up.
dbpei
Member # 33574

keikko, I am sorry you are struggling with this. I had similar issues and wondered if I was going too fast and needed to slow down. It is unique for each person, depending on so many variables.

I wish that we had the magic bullet for you, but healing from Lyme is so different for each person. There are many here who swear by an hour a day for a year or more for healing Lyme. Some even dive twice daily!

Many take breaks in between and some dive every other day instead of every day. The best advice I can give you is to listen to your body and keep a journal.

I did not have an 'aha' moment where I felt healed. In fact, the pandemic has set many of us back as we have either gotten sick with Covid or regressed in our healing after the vaccines.

All I know is that I am glad I have my chamber, as I think it is a healing tool, much like the Rife machine. Some days it helps me more than others, but I feel it is helping my body to heal.

I know that more healing takes place if you have a clean diet, avoid toxins in your environment, and you are able to exercise daily. I know this is a tall order, but it does make a difference.

Keep at it and hopefully it won't be long before you notice some improvement.

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Hi keikko~
I, too, experienced fatigue-before I started mHBOT and initially when I started diving. I frequently went to lay down on the couch after a dive, which seemed ridiculous to me because I'd just laid in the chamber for 40-60 minutes! But I did what my body wanted.
I stayed at 40 minutes a session for about 5 months. I did try a session or two at 60 minutes (at the suggestion of a practitioner) but it seemed to be too much for me-I'm guessing too much detox. Eventually, though, I could tell I was ready (not sure how, but I knew).

I've heard that it's more effective if you do days back to back. So my understanding is, doing 4 days straight diving daily and then 3 days off is more effective than every other day. But I have no data to back that up.

Also, you might want to take the Vit D a few hours away from mHBOT as that is an anti-oxidant also.

I hope this helps. Hang in there. One dive at a time!
Carbokitty

kgg
Member # 5867

Keikko, I took 3 months to get up to daily hour dives. I took breaks when it was too much. Usually not more than a day or two. But still, I truly was tired of feeling worse with treatment, so I took my sweet time. =)

How did you decide to dive every other day? Are you diving a full hour? Have you tried daily but at lower times? Sorry for the questions.

LadyT
Member # 52252

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick question that I hope someone can chime in who is healed or close to healed from lyme and co-infections. If contracting lyme again (god forbid) what would you do initially to prevent the bacteria replicating and you becoming ill again? Would you go on antibiotics? Would you just do mHBOT?
I would love to know.
Thank you always

Posts: 21 | From CO | Registered: Dec 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Hi, LadyT. Definitely for me, antibiotics. Lyme is a disease that the quicker/earlier it is treated the better outcome. Many of us have chronic Lyme because we had to see 24 physicians before we were diagnosed. So I would do both. But antibiotics would be my go to first line defense to a tick bite.

Oh and I would test the tick to see what it is carrying.

keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Thank you for the feedback everyone. I have taken 5 days off because my brain is so swollen and confused. It like burns and Im confused. The fatigue and the pain have calmed down.

At first I did everyday shorter times, then it seemed like too much so I did ever other day. I am diving about an 40-50 mins each time.

I also got covid last month so that has been a bit of a set back too.

Anyway, my goal is to get back in today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed. I appreciate everyone here. Thank you!

kgg
Member # 5867

Keikko, so glad that things have calmed down for you.
LadyT
Member # 52252

I have a newtowne chamber I love, but am looking to purchase another one. I need one that is extremely easy to travel with, even bring on a plane with luggage. Any suggestions?
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Lady T,

You can travel with just the "bag" (bladder), the compressor, and the concentrator. You don't need to bring the mattress and frame.

In some areas you may be able to rent a concentrator so you don't risk damaging yours in travel.

Some airlines will fly medical equipment for free.

All home chambers are going to be similar in terms of travel, although a 27" bladder will be more portable than a 34" (and you may be able to purchase the bladder separately).

kgg
Member # 5867

I would like to give an update on using the chamber for Covid treatment. A little history. I had not been in the chamber for a year. My energy was higher than it had been in 20 plus years, so I was not diving. I started diving about a month prior to coming down with Omicron covid. It was nothing specific, just felt like I was slipping some health wise so I started diving daily.

Then my husband came down with Covid. I continued to dive daily. It was about a week later that I ran a temp of 101. I started IVM immediately. Plus Vit C, Quercetin and zinc I was already taking. This was back at the end of January. Fast forward to today, I am still diving daily. But am concerned about long covid. I still wake up feeling like a mac truck hit me. Short term memory is much worse post infection. And my gut is still off in spite of a keto diet.

My plan is to continue to dive daily. But is there anyone else here that treated their Covid with mild hyperbaric? And no, I did not get vaccinated.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

kgg,

Thank you for the update. I'm sorry to hear you are having residual Covid symptoms.

I know of people who have used mHBOT to help them overcome Covid symptoms, and there are many articles out there now with promising case studies...for example:

https://jmedicalcasereports.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13256-022-03287-w

I am very optimistic that if you keep it up, you will recover. Remember, it is estimated that it takes at least 80 treatments for the benefits to stick. You have only been diving for a little over a month since you contracted Covid. I believe you just need more time.

Hang in there, and please keep us posted.

kgg
Member # 5867

Thanks so much, Phoiph! I appreciate the encouragement. While watching Dr. Zhang on youtube last night, he talked about the treatment being oxygen. Works for me! I always have been impatient.
dbpei
Member # 33574

kgg, I hope you soon start to feel more yourself again. I belong to a private facebook group called "MHBOT Mild Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy" and there are many people in this group who have posted about their experiences using MHBOT to provide symptom relief and healing following Covid.

It is very encouraging to read some of their stories! This group has been a God send for many of us with soft home chambers. I find it to be very supportive and informative.

I hope (if you are comfortable using FB) that it will provide you with some helpful information. I know that I have read some posts about people struggling with both Covid and long Covid and there have been a few references to studies related to hbot and Covid.

Like Phoiph said, please keep us posted and I wish you all the best in your recovery!

kgg
Member # 5867

Thanks so much dbpei! Yes, I used to be in that group. But I got off of FB way back before the election. Some day I may get back on the group. The moderator is a sweetheart. Can't remember her name right now. Ugggh, no memory. But good to hear there are some positive experiences!
Hominahomina
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 50825

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hominahomina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know of a reputable source of Ambien without a prescription?

Thanks

[ 03-14-2022, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: Hominahomina ]

Posts: 260 | From California | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Wondering if people using HBOT treatment eat any fruit? Or do you have to be no sugar at all even fruit sugar?

Thank you!

Also, I have been back in the chamber for less time but more days. seems to be going well so far. Like two to three days in a row, then maybe a day off if I feel like its too much for 30 mins pressurized with oxygen so seems like progress. I hope [Smile]

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi keikko,

Glad to hear things are going more smoothly. There are often many layers of the onion.

I think the amount and variety of fruit you can tolerate is related to any candida issues you may have. Depending on this, it might be best to stick to low sugar fruits in moderation such as green apples and berries (but plenty of avocado).

Others may offer more advice here; as I was restricted to only 5-6 foods and didn't have many options.

kgg
Member # 5867

Keikko, I am happy for you that you have found a tolerable pattern of treatment. Yay!

As far as fruit goes, I have a bad gut. For me, I found following a low FODMAP diet was helpful. I have since gone on to keto.

But on the low FODMAP diet they have guidance as to which fruits cause problems in the small bowel. Apples is one. (And I had just down sized to a property with 7 apple trees!!)

Most fruits were eliminated or limited. But what was allowed was a small amount of berries and kiwi. Raspberries were more limited than blueberries. Grapes were OK, if I remember correctly.

So that is what I went by while diving. We are all so individual with our health. Try a fruit and watch how you react.

For FODMAP, they say a bad reaction starts in about 8 hours and can last 24-36. So span your tests by at least 4 days, I would think.

keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Thank for the information kgg and Phoiph.

Thank you for the support as well! [Smile]

keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Hi. Is it ok to get in chamber after getting two fillings done. Seems like I remember something on the thread about HBOT affecting dental work but I cant find it.

I had a broken tooth this morning and had to get a filling. Is it ok to get in the chamber today?

Thank you. I will keep trying to find it on this thread as well.

Hope everyone is doing well:)

Digby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 3888

Keiko, I have never come across any contraindications for mHBO and a filling, so I would think it would be fine to dive today.
Phoiph
Member # 41238

I have read to just make sure work is complete, no temporary caps, etc., otherwise air could be trapped.
LadyT
Member # 52252

Hi all,

I have read through this entire thread several times and it seems that getting rid of lyme and co-infections and symptoms is a pretty mixed bag for some.
I am wondering if anyone has a guess or hypothesis as to why this is so, even if following the wonderful Phoiph's protocol, good diet, etc.
I just want to make sure that I will succeed. Thank you so much any replies and knowledge.

kgg
Member # 5867

Wow! I am impressed you not only read the whole thread but multiple times. Good job! I am sure Phoiph will answer with a much better scientific sounding response. But in the meantime...

Yes, it is a mixed bag. We all respond to treatments differently, depending on our genetics, what specific infections we are dealing with and environmental factors as well.

I like your attitude. You say, "I just want to make sure that I will succeed." Good! But remember, treating Lyme infections with any treatment is a marathon not a sprint. I committed to at least 2 years of daily diving, once I got up to full hour dives.

The body decides what it is going to heal first and in what order. But you will get there! Just don't get discouraged when the symptom you want to get rid of the most is not the first to resolve.

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Thank you for the kind words, Lady T.

kgg has offered you some great advice.

A mixed bag is to be expected, as people land here with various histories, predispositions, and are all in different stages of their journey.

Many, including me, had tried everything, and discovered mHBOT after all else had failed. These are not "easy cases", yet there have been so many positive outcomes.

Your journey will be unique to you, but keep the faith and look for a 2 step forward, 1 step back pattern over the course of months, not days.

LadyT
Member # 52252

Thank you for answering Phoiph and kgg! I appreciate it!
You both mentioned genetics and/or predispositions. Can you be more specific? I am interested and would like to know!
Thank you

LadyT
Member # 52252

Just a follow-up question. I have read this thread multiple times, and I was wondering if anyone knew what happened to LymeBoy and Spinning122? I was wondering if they complete recoveries or not.
Thank you!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Lady T, the last time I spoke with LymeBoy was awhile ago...maybe 2 years...and he was doing very well. Maybe I'll give him a call sometime soon.

I have not heard from Spinning122.

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Hi all~After 2 years of good recovery and progress, I have landed in a home with mold. I have been attempting to remediate but it doesn't seem like its going to happen fast enough for my health, which is declining rapidly.
I've discovered, using a petri dish of agar, that there are mold spores in the air in my chamber-my worst nightmare. Have you ever had a similar issue? I think wiping everything down with a damp rag and maybe light detergent and changing out the silicone hoses will do it? There's nothing except the bottom sheet I have on the mattress pad and the fabric of the zipper that will grow mold. Any thoughts? Thanks, carbokitty

dbpei
Member # 33574

Gosh Carbokitty, I am so sorry! I know that it is safe to use a 50/50 solution of peroxide and water when cleaning our chambers. I also read that peroxide is a good mold remover, but I am not sure if it needs to be used full strength.

I wonder if you could call the company you purchased your chamber from to find out if you could use a stronger solution. I would get rid of your foam mattress and bottom sheet to be safe.

I hope there will be some others who can give you some better advice from experience here. Good luck to you!

Phoiph
Member # 41238

Carbokitty,

In addition to the 1:1 water/hydrogen peroxide mixture (or stonger solution if manufacturer OK's it, as dbpei suggested), I would also clean/replace internal and external filters in your concentrator and compressor.

Will you be able to keep/use your chamber in a mold-free environment until you finish remediating?

LymeMECFSMCS
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13573

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeMECFSMCS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm wondering if anyone here has good links/info. on the types of oxygen concentrators that are compatible with HBOT, and at what pressure without losing oxygen concentration (my HBOT goes up to over 3 ATA, so beyond what some of the mentioned ones do here, though it can also operate at any level of mild).

The company has been useless for information and only wants me to get their concentrator that costs like 2500. Originally I was using E tanks (large cylinders) and it's set up for that, but that's too costly and they're not available much any more. Basically, I want to find a concentrator I can buy (new or used) so I can restart diving -- I did maybe 100-150 dives in the past and then stopped for a very long time.

Posts: 929 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoiph
Member # 41238

Hi LymeMECFSMC,

I just replied to your post on another thread with some questions about your past HBOT treatment.

So, before answering your question about an oxygen concentrator, it sounds like you have a hard chamber? At what pressure (ATA) do you plan to dive?

carbokitty
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 40537

Hi all~It's been a crazy ride-as we all seem to endlessly experience!

In addition to the mold, I have been experiencing (of all things) magnesium withdrawal! The mag glycinate I was taking for 4 years (at high doses, actually) was discontinued. It's been a nightmare month of trying to switch brands but getting very sick (diarrhea and awful anxiety). It has truly felt like a drug withdrawal.

At this writing, I have managed to get a "stash" of the good stuff and I am working on weaning myself down and off. I am currently taking 1/2 the dose I used to, still having symptoms, but today seems better. Whew!

And because magnesium is used in all sorts of detoxification pathways, the timing, coincident with the mold in my new home, was not good.

Last weekend, a friend and I wiped down the chamber inside and out. We took it down and moved it to her house. I am currently testing the air here to see if it's safe to set up and use.

In the meantime, I've been getting treatments at a local clinic. I feel very fortunate that that's available to me. I can't say I feel better afterwards (or before) but I know it's got to help. So I'm showing up.

My question is (and I have a Newtowne) has anyone replaced their mattress? Or used something other than what came with the chamber? I agree that it was probably best to get rid of it. I will also replace the tubing. So just your thoughts about the mattress. Thanks!
Carbokitty

dbpei
Member # 33574

Hi carbokitty - so sorry about your magnesium withdrawal issues! I hope that continues to get easier for you.

You can buy a new mattress at Newtowne Hyperbarics. I did this last year. I don't remember the exact cost, but it was around $275 I think. It comes with a vinyl cover that zips up.

I am really glad I made the decision to purchase a new mattress instead of going to a fabric store and buying foam to cut. I think that would have been very hard to get right and also labor intensive for my arthritic hands!

Good luck to you!

kgg
Member # 5867

Carbokitty, I am curious about the magnesium. Could it be that the anxiety means that you need magnesium? I have understood that it helps that. How are you doing now?
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Hi. So I was almost up to full protocol, like daily dives around 45 mins each for almost a month and then something hit.

I guess I will have to cut back again because I am like an anxious zombie just sitting here. Feels very weird and a little scary.

Bums me out that it has taken so long and has been difficult to get up to the hour a day. I wonder if it is because of such a heavy mold exposure in my recent past, or all the mercury fillings I had unsafely removed unknowingly, or a vaccine injury I had as nurse, or lyme or bartonella. I dont know anymore.

This is hard. I am so sick of trying to get better I could scream and cry at the same time. Sometimes, I wish that one treatment would work and not be scary. But I know its hard for many so have to keep chin up.

Has it taken anyone else this long to get up to full protocol of daily hour dives?

Kaibyrd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 45606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kaibyrd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi keiko,
I’m with you. I actually started out not knowing we were supposed to start slow and work up. I just jumped in at an hour a day full O2. I did ok for months but then I started having issues. Now I can’t even do 20 minutes a day with O2 just flowing in, not masked. I get so tired and”zombied”. I don’t even know where to go from here.

--------------------
KB

Posts: 166 | From Northern VA | Registered: Apr 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keikko
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34991

Wow! Thank you for the reply Kaibryd. I'm sorry your in the same boat too. [Frown] So do you still get in the chamber daily for short a sort time with the O2 flowing in or do you take a break for a day.

I'm trying to figure out how to safely move forward as well.

Thanks!

This topic comprises 57 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement