LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » 4 year old immunizations

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 4 year old immunizations
lax mom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
&*%#$@%^!*^#(*#)#*)*#)*#)*@#)#*)#*)@&&%%***
[cussing] [cussing] [cussing] [cussing]

My son started banging his head the day after his 18 month vaccines. After a year and a half of Lyme treatment and OT he is finally better.

Now, he needs his 4 year old shots. His DAN! Dr is in another state. What do I do????

I don't want to re-injure him. His pediatrician is NOT Lyme friendly and is most likely CPS friendly.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115161;p=0

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry for your predicament.

I lost a half sister many years ago after her DPT shot....so it opened my eyes early on about the possible dangers of immunizations.

I would find another doc who will help you with this. I agree with you, I would not risk possibly reinjuring him. There are docs out there who will understand and be supportive of you....definitely find one.

Best to you, laxmom (Hope you're doing well btw....haven't been on LN much these days)

Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GretaM
Member # 40917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GretaM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have cousins who received limited vaccines while they were children.

They are the healthiest people I have ever met. Between three of them, they have probably only ever had a cold or flu once. When I compare them to all my other cousins, myself included, who were vaccinated with any and every vaccine available, it opens my eyes to what vaccines do to hamper and harm the immune systems.

I can only speak for myself, but after last weeks incident after a tetanus vaccine, I will NEVER get another vaccine again. EVER.

Is there another pediatrician around, or gp that you can get a second opinion thru? Will your sons LL doc do a consult via phone?

There are some good vaccine websites around, maybe they have advise for children and vaccines.

Best of luck

Posts: 4358 | From British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Jun 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Find a pedatrician who has a better knowledge base.

Why even continue with a one who does not? Are we not just paying for someone to neglect our best welfare & possibly even bring harm in such a case?

Even if he's not going to treat lyme as a family doctor, he does not sound like he has the skill to be a good doctor to your son for all the other reasons involved. Find someone better suited.

You don't have to raise a red flag. This is not the time or place to be vocal about vaccine concerns other than what you've already discussed. Try to slip away un-noticed.

You can simply stop going. If they call for a check up, just tell them you have another doctor and leave it at that with a "thanks". They need not know who or that it may be a different kind of doctor, either.

If you have all copies of your son's past tests / history, then you'd not even need to ask for copies. If you need them, though, do ask the BUSINESS or insurance person for such copies to be sent to you. You may have to send in a signed form, though.

And they may require records be sent directly to a new doctor. But if you have copies, that may not be necessary.
-

[ 08-02-2013, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Keebler ]

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Your son's DAN doctor should be able to help, even if in a different state. A phone consult, perhaps. Surely he would have very important ideas and I'd sure talk to him first.

Not just about lyme (and regardless of the group's focus) but also for other reasons, you may find doctors through this group who have a much broader knowledge base who be your son's pediatrician. Some NDs specialize in children's care, too.

http://www.lymeinducedautism.com

Lyme Induced Autism

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/2/13964

How to find an ILADS-educated LL:

N.D. (Naturopathic Doctor);

L.Ac. (Acupuncturist);

D.Ay. (Doctor of Ayurvedic Medicine);

D.O.M. (Doctor of Oriental Medicine);
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey greta, what happened with the tetanus? my doc says i'm long overdue and wants me to have a booster.

i'm going, uhhh don't know about this.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Exemptions are possible but you have to formally file for such and the rules can vary state to state.

Of course, other methods should be considered for immune support, education. Any good ND can help with this. Most doctors who treat autism can, too.

Where possible and avaiable, GREEN or safe vaccines may be part of a plan, too.

-------------------------

http://www.realfarmacy.com/if-your-doctor-insists-that-vaccines-are-safe/#CPWeCX6Bi2XOJXt2.01

links to: home site ? http://preventdisease.com/

Dave Mihalovic is a Naturopathic Doctor who specializes in vaccine research, cancer prevention and a natural approach to treatment.

If Your Doctor Insists That Vaccines Are Safe, Then Have Them Sign This Form
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=124202;p=0

Vaccinations ? May, 2013 - Links
-

lax mom
Member # 38743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lax mom         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry Tammy that you lost your sister to a stupid vaccine. I hope you are doing well and I'm glad to see you on LN.

Keebler: I have emailed his DAN! Dr and asked for advice. I also emailed him my son's 23 and me results. One of them shows that he (and me too)cannot detox environmental toxins...that's what vaccines are full of.

I'm going to have to find another pediatrician for him. Thanks for the tips on exiting without being noticed.

Greta: what happened with the Tetanus booster?

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

Posts: 2519 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Practice a few key phrases if you need a reply from the receptionist who may call out of the blue and want to schedule for your son's check-ups.

Whatever questions, however seemingly routine, just have an answer that will not "follow" you or a new doctor or your choice.
-

lax mom
Member # 38743

Good idea Keebler.

It's so weird that the receptionist called me this afternoon pressuring me to schedule an appt for the vaccinations. This was after he had a routine sick visit this morning and I told the Dr I didn't want the vaccines yet.

My response was that I wanted to wait until after his sinus infection is cleared up and I would call them back to schedule.

Why are they so pushy when it comes to this subject? It's really weird. It's not like there's a measles, mumps and rubella epidemic and I better hurry up and get him vaccinated before he gets exposed.

My son had a 105 degree fever a couple of months ago and the pediatrician sent him to the ER...no follow up on their behalf.

Then I say I don't want vaccines yet and they are calling me immediately to followup.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

tick battler
Member # 21113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tick battler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laxmom - I'm sure you know this but the fact that your child started banging his head after his 18 mo. vaccines would be an indicator of future potential side effects, even if he is healed of lyme right now. There are plenty of kids who become damaged from vaccines who are not sick with lyme. In fact, I've talked to a lot of moms that had completely healthy and normal babies which then regressed into autism after vaccines.
Posts: 1763 | From Malvern, PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catgirl
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 31149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Catgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lax mom:
It's so weird that the receptionist called me this afternoon pressuring me to schedule an appt for the vaccinations. This was after he had a routine sick visit this morning and I told the Dr I didn't want the vaccines yet.

My response was that I wanted to wait until after his sinus infection is cleared up and I would call them back to schedule.

Why are they so pushy when it comes to this subject? It's really weird. It's not like there's a measles, mumps and rubella epidemic and I better hurry up and get him vaccinated before he gets exposed.

My son had a 105 degree fever a couple of months ago and the pediatrician sent him to the ER...no follow up on their behalf.

Then I say I don't want vaccines yet and they are calling me immediately to followup.

My grandson's pediatrician's office did this too, only the woman calling told her his vaccination was required by law (not). My daughter asked her which specific law was she referring to (she couldn't answer). Long story short, they went round and round until my daughter told her that she will find someone who doesn't demand her son be vaccinated, and to forward a copy of her son's medical records to her.

The woman then told my daughter it would cost $48 dollars to copy them, and my daughter said "Fine, call me when you are done copying them and I will pick them up." It's almost like they treat you like an unfit parent if you don't vaccinate! These people are ignorant and just want money so they pressure parents. I guess you do need to have some phrases memorized for their sales calls.

Fyi, the last time he was vaccinated he stopped breathing, ER, etc.

--------------------
--Keep an open mind about everything. Also, remember to visit ACTIVISM (we can change things together).

Posts: 5418 | From earth | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.nvic.org/
I would never have a vaccine or a TB skin test knowing what the public is already infected with. If you get sick don't let anyone deny you treatment for bacterial infections they can't find.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mlg
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 35383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mlg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would find another pediatrician that will work with you. My daughter had severe reaction, shaky, swollen hand, insomnia, etc. For 1week decided to push back vaccines and not bunch them up. I did tons of probiotics and teas such as organic peppermint, chamomile, lemongrass, which his mainstream pediatrician agreed.
Posts: 696 | From CA | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WPinVA
Member # 33581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WPinVA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you still in touch with his Lyme doctor? Could you call them and ask for advice?

It is unclear whether my son has Lyme or not and we are thinking of starting him on an antibiotic trial. Meanwhile, he needed his five year old shots.

It is a different situation as yours as he has not had negative reactions to them in the past and it is not even clear if he even has Lyme, so I wanted to get them, but wanted to do it carefully. In his case, we delayed his abx trial and did the vax first one at a time. They went ok.

If you go forward with them, I highly recommend splitting them up and doing them one at a time, at least a few weeks apart.

Even apart from Lyme, I just don't think it is good for a young child's system to get several vaccines all at once. It seems to me that it could overwhelm a sensitive system. I also have my doubts that the child can form the appropriate antibodies to so many things at once.

So we have done almost all of my two kids' vaccinations split up. We just keep going back in a few weeks apart. No one has ever given me grief for this.

Good luck and I hope you can get the answers you need from the DAN and/or Lyme docs.

Posts: 1737 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Just great! His DAN! Dr said to have them 6 weeks apart. [Frown]

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't read all the replies, but, most states (except New Jersey, I believe)

have a religious exemption. Go online and google for your state- print out the form, or type it up yourself. Sign it.

If you are in a state with this exemption, they CANNOT force you to vaccinate your child.

You may have to show up in person with your form (the school) and give them the form in person, hand it to them for the file.

They cannot call CPS on you for delaying vaccinations!

--------------------
Lyme positive PCR blood, and
positive Bartonella henselae Igenex, 2011.
low positive Fry biofilm test, 2012.
Update 7/16- After extensive treatments,
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Icon 1 posted      Profile for surprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.S.
There is aborted fetal tissue, and animal DNA in the vaccines.
This is why there is a religious exemption.
Among other ethical reasons.

--------------------
doing okay!

Posts: 2518 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
surprise
Member # 34987

Here, print this out with your religious exemption, it's a heavy hitting article about using aborted fetus tissue in the vaccines:

http://www.rtl.org/prolife_issues/LifeNotes/VaccinesAbortion_FetalTissue.html

Really, that should seal the deal. If you need a deal. Sounds like you do.

--------------------
doing okay!

lax mom
Member # 38743

surprise: Thank you for the link. That is disgusting that they actually put crap like that in the vaccines!

My state does have a religious exemption.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

Tammy N.
Member # 26835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tammy N.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NJ has the religious exemption also. Lots of my friends use it.
Posts: 2238 | From East Coast | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wrote a 5 page letter describing why I do not believe God prescribes to vaccines with quotes and verse. You may have to take it to Health Dept. and they may ask for it every yr. so keep a copy.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lax mom
Member # 38743

Well, I researched and found a pediatrician in my town who at least understands the damage that vaccines can do.

I took my son to his 1st appt with her this am. I explained his history and even showed her pics from pre-18 month vaccines and a few months after. Then I told her it was a long road getting him to the point he is at today.

She agreed to give him a medical exemption to at least delay his shots until he is 6. So, that buys us 2 more years.

Thank Goodness!

It's just sooo weird to see how simple it was to get an exemption from her, yet his former pediatrician was trying to strong arm me into vaccinating him regardless of the damage.

I fully expect to get a call from his former Dr as soon as she gets the medical records request from the new Dr.

--------------------
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(aperture)

surprise
Member # 34987

I'm glad lax mom, good! Don't worry about the other Dr. calling you- hopefully, you might have taught him something.

--------------------
doing okay!

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Stumbled upon this the other day:

http://thepeopleschemist.com/reasons-dont-vaccinate-children-vaccine-supporters-shouldnt-give/

Herd Immunity: Three Reasons Why I Don’t Vaccinate My Children . . . And Why Vaccine Supporters Shouldn’t Care That I Use Vaccine Exemption Forms

- by Shane Ellison, MS
-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement