LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » lymestop?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lymestop?
keinbinder
Member # 42794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keinbinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
has anyone heard of this? the guys name is tony smith and supposedly he has a unique method of treating lyme and i am wondering if anyone here has heard anything?

thanks

kelly

Posts: 11 | From san diego | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joalo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 12752

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joalo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buried on page two.

--------------------
Sick since January 1985. Misdiagnosed for 20 years. Tested CDC positive October 2005. Treating since April 2006.

Posts: 3228 | From Somewhere west of the Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Looking
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Looking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kelly:

Here's a person who is seeing this person. I'm sure you could contact her with questions:

http://lymeoutlyndsey.com/2013/09/19/new-lyme-treatment/

Posts: 590 | From Canada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keinbinder
Member # 42794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keinbinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
joalo,
what does buried on page two mean?

looking,
thank you for that link!

Posts: 11 | From san diego | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
"buried on page two" simply means that more recent posts stayed on page one. Many times, readers will look only at entries on page one (we get tired).

joalo knows this about us and very often, very nicely, will scout out some deserving posts that got left in the dust without any replies and bring them back up to page one.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
http://lymeoutlyndsey.com/

Nov. 2 Update - and the latest entry

. . . First: I am still on intense antibiotic therapy. . . .

. . . Second: I have a co-infection called Protomyxzoa Rheumatica (herein referred to as PR) . . . .

. . . So, considering both of those things, I don’t think it’s fair for me to report on the success of his treatments without receiving full and proper treatment. I will report back about 6 weeks after my final appointment in December. Until then, my journey with antibiotic therapy continues! . . . .
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I would not pursue that approach. Or at least not until contacting the leaders for all lyme support groups in that state to see what they know about this.

I would also want to contact all the persons who have a page in the endorsement binder in the office waiting room. I'd want to know how they were doing down the road from having finished. I'd want to talk / go see them in person.

But, really, if this is as good as it says, ALL the support groups within hundreds of miles should have some depth of knowledge. Start with the support group leaders.

Then, I would talk with some of the ILADS educated LL NDs in Washington State. They should be familiar with this office, at least to offer some kind of comment.

I see you are new here. Welcome, but sorry for why you are here. Not sure how new to lyme you are, so:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=013239;p=0

What is a LLMD? LL ND? What is ILADS?

WHY you need an ILADS "educated" or "minded" Lyme Literate doctor (whether MD or ND, or both) - starting with assessment / evaluation for lyme, OTHER tick-borne diseases, and other chronic stealth infections - and all that goes along for the ride.

Medical "models" explained here, as to differences in the ISDA & ILADS models of assessment & treatment - and exactly why it is so very important to know the differences.

If you are drawn to learn of all your options, still an ILADS educated doctor is of vital importance. A LL ND may be the kind of professional you are looking for, as long as they are truly ILADS educated, so they have the basics.
Rife is another avenue to explore.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=117755;p=0

Topic: RIFE Machine - Reference LINKS

LL Naturopathic links here, too. R
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
Backing up, here is the website for that program she blogged about in Sept.

Look around this site - but also look around elsewhere to see what all you can find out before putting any money into ANY plan.

I certainly have some reservations about this. Still, it's always good to research for yourself while getting a full view of all the available options. Of course, IMO, anyone you work with should be ILADS educated so they really know the science of lyme and all that goes with it.

http://www.lymestop.com/

LymeStop - the link for that program you ask about

the clinic is called Dynamic Health, the doctor is a doctor of chiropractic

He does have some good lyme links, still, it's not at all clear that he's really lyme literate so be sure you find out the extent of his knowledge around that.

You might ask if those who have provided testimonials would meet you for tea. You would need to see them in person, is what I would want to do, anyway.

I wasted 5 years of my life and thousands of dollars on an otherwise good practitioner who thought he knew all about lyme and said he had helped many. It became clear to me too late that he knew nearly nothing. So, I'm very particular with how I'd go about choosing someone to stake my life upon.
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I was wondering if you are seeing a LLMD. For others who may wonder, I see that you posted a few weeks ago that you are getting treatment, though not clear if with a LLMD.

Nov. 23 you wrote: "yes i am on treatment and yeah i am pretty sure i have babesia and bart although i think babesia is a bigger one at the moment."

(end keinbinder quote)
-

Keebler
Member # 12673

-
I was just reading more at that site on this page: www.lymestop.com/qa.html

I just realized that I did this kind of treatment with another DC years ago. It was a failure for me. A very expensive failure.

Still, investigate more thoroughly, of course. There may have been some differences, etc. He says over 400 have been successfully treated. Find out what they are doing today.

I hope others will add to this, especially those from Idaho and Washington state.
-

ukcarry
Member # 18147

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ukcarry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have come across people asking about this chiropractor quite a few times now and looked at his site.

Without finding more people who have tried him, it is hard to have an opinion.

Posts: 1647 | From UK | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Judie
Member # 38323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Judie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I just read his personal account of his history. He does not mention Lyme, but mentions MCS-like problems (allergies, asthma, respiratory issues, etc...).

In his personal biography he says, "Although I am still not totally well, I am about 75 percent better than I used to be -- thanks to the techniques that I was inspired to develop."

So, he's found a technique that gives symptom relief and he's not been able to completely heal himself with this technique.

I have had no luck with chiropractors healing me from chronic illness (internal, physiological, non-skeletal type illnesses). They were some of the first who stepped in saying they could help when regular MDs failed me.

The ones I saw came HIGHLY recommended. Personally, I spent thousands on fancy programs that drained my money and left me in the dust when the techniques didn't work.

Calculate how much you're willing to spend, especially if the technique doesn't work.

Reading some of the testimonials, this sounds similar to NAET where you go back for repeat sessions (which = $$$$$). This was a huge money sink failure for me.

The Lyme testimonial says he using powerful magnets and the difference is a dramatic change.

Magnets can increase circulation which will make the body feel dramatically different no matter who you are.

Posts: 2839 | From California | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement