LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bee venom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bee venom
me
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone tried or does anyone know if bee venom *injections* are effective?

I wouldn't mind live stings, but others in the household are *terrified* of bees, so that is not an option.

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jordana
Member # 45305

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jordana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.klinghardtacademy.com/Protocols/The-Treatment-of-lyme-Disease-with-Bee-Venom.html

Is what K says. He uses the injections with antibiotics.

Others think you can't really get borrelia without using a real bee.

Posts: 2057 | From Florida | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Jordana. That's really great info.

Has anyone tried bee venom injections? Response to it?

Posts: 1431 | From USA | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNT
Member # 42349

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TNT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems most people doing BVT are on Facebook groups. But, there are some threads on the Lyme forum at Healingwell.com of people doing this treatment.
Posts: 1308 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the venex 20 but didnt underatand the dilution in saline...its a lot more expensive..the live bees always fly toward a bright window if they escape ..using apitherapy boxes this rarely happens...

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Hmmm . . . There is no way I can convince my family member to have a bee house. Even outside. I wish I could.
me
Member # 45475

Blue Lyme, what do you mean you didn't understand the dilution? Sorry, I'm unclear as to what you mean.

Also, it doesn't show pricing for Venex 20 injections on the site. Do you remember the price?

[ 04-15-2016, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: me ]

bluelyme
Member # 47170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bluelyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was around 300$ and .05 ml equals one sting ..and the bottle is 12.5 ml..so to mix 20 stings is 1 ml?in saline ...my doctor of oriental medicine ordered for me with a bit of hoopla...m simic is nice enough ..he just wants to know you have epi and some instrunction..i am missing the latter.. Also they suggest compounded procaine for pain but idk if that reduces effect ..not supposed to have alcohol or clean with alcohol..acetone or h202 to clean.....suggested serving is 10 stings 3x a week with herbs and vit c ...

--------------------
Blue

Posts: 1539 | From southwest | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
me
Member # 45475

Thanks so much, bluelyme. Sounds like a hassle. Very expensive! I wish there was a way I could do live bee stings. That is the one thing my boyfriend has a *true* terror of, and we live together. Even if the Beehouse was outside he would have a problem with it.

Any brilliant ideas to get around this by doing live bee stings daily?

bluelyme
Member # 47170

Hmm...the apitherary i use is in california and they send them in a tiny cage at 10cents a bee much more affordable ..the cage is secure with a little plug ...epipens come in two paks so reassure him you have it covered ..

.now that its warmer can you do it on the porch? ..also its mwf with weekends off...10-12 stings per bodyweight...if one flys off it will go toward the sun ..they dont sting unless really provoked...even held against skin i have to coax a sting...

.you can double secure them..they will send you a little bit of screen and you can keep cage inside a mason jar ...i empty mine intona aptherapy box with a bit of honey on a moist paper towel they are good for week or two as long as you water them...

Pm me me if you would like there contact ..try for the summer see if it helps...

--------------------
Blue

me
Member # 45475

Thanks,bluelyme. I'm going to have another talk with my BF. He's against them being outside on the porch, too. He freaks out when he sees wasps or bees. Like a look of real terror in his eyes and starts running. I've never seen an adult so scared of bees and wasps. Fingers crossed talk goes well.
susank
Member # 22150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for susank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bringing this back up to ask Bluelyme a question - for "me".

Regarding Venex. Price etc.

Did you buy a solution - meaning already mixed saline and venom? Just draw up?

Or mixing venom with saline required?

Re: your above post dd 4/15 11:36p to be exact!

--------------------
Pos.Bb culture 2012
Labcorp - no bands ever
Igenex - Neg. 4 times
With overall bands:
IGM 18,28,41,66 IND: 23-25,34,39
IGG 41,58 IND: 39
Bart H IGG 40

Posts: 1613 | From Texas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bluelyme
Member # 47170

The doc gave me procaine solution to mix with the venex ...draw up on big needle then mix little venom in then you have a few injections ..i think you start with 3 then 5 then 7 then 10 every week increasing

--------------------
Blue

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement