LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » What do LLMD's treat with Ivermectin?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do LLMD's treat with Ivermectin?
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in what my doctor considers maintenance. However I really am having a hard time increasing my weeks off. The most obvious problem is cognitive. I have no herx symptoms just improvement in cognitive.

Recently he put me on Ivermectin for covid. I take it every 2 weeks. The first time I really herxed. I haven't felt like that in 9 years. It has gotten better each time but I still herx somewhat.

Maybe this is the missing piece to my puzzle. I doubt I could be that lucky.

Eva Sapi talks about filarial nematodes. I dont have any symptoms of nematodes.

What do other lyme doctors treat with ivermectin?

Posts: 832 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lisaloo
Member # 12909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lisaloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It helps me too. Originally years back I learned about it and took it for the Fry bug protozoa.

Is it because many people with lyme also have other parasites? Does it kill the lyme as well? Not sure. I do know in dogs it does control fleas and ticks. They are looking into having people take it when bit to see if it prevents lyme.

--------------------
Lisa T

Posts: 42 | From madison wi | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ticks can give us parasites of many types. Ivermectin is anti-parasitic.

It also reduces inflammation.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you said that your doctor gave it to you for Covid, I assume that either it was preventative (hopefully) or that you had Covid symptoms and it was to head off the illness. It has been shown to be excellent for both.

It also helps people with long-Covid, btw; they seem to recover quickly with Ivermectin.

So in these cases, it appears to have antiviral properties. LLMDs also give it for viruses that people have, and often people have good responses over time.

THE Dr. B, btw, has said numerous times that his patients, when he was treating TBDs, often had really high viral loads on tests. But by simply treating the TBDs, the virus levels came down.

It was the TBDs that impaired the immune system, so when they were brought under control, the body could fight the viruses successfully.

Also, parasites are a huge issue. So, as Lymetoo said, it may be fighting parasites for you. And maybe viruses, too.

Someone in my Lyme Support Group recently said that his neuropathy was improved quite a bit with Ivermectin. Who knows what it was addressing in his case.

I think his doctor gave it to him to address viruses---or maybe he didn't say what he was giving it for specifically.

I want my LLMD to give it to me for multiple reasons, but he didn't recently; there were too many higher priorities.

Posts: 3770 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had ivermectin on stand-by since December in case I get Covid.

I hear it works very well!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for terv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, How are you supposed to take it if you get Covid? Is it a daily thing? Mine is preventative.

From the CDC (never thought I would be quoting them) "Ticks can be infected with bacteria, viruses, or parasites."

Do abx do anything for viruses and parasites?

Besides Ivermectin, is anything else used to treat viruses and parasites?

Posts: 832 | From Somewhere | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are the protocols for Ivermectin, prophylactic (preventative) and active infections;
https://covid19criticalcare.com/covid-19-protocols/i-mask-plus-protocol/

Here is an article that says to treat the bacteria that parasitic worms live on, with Minocycline;
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2015/10/ivermectin-nobel-drugs-elephantiasis-filariasis-nematodes-wolbachia/409306/

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
patty7
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for patty7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bartenderbonnie, Thanks for those articles.
Posts: 194 | From Pa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Bartenderbonnie,
My LLMD has me on a protocol very similar to the one in the first article including supplements. Ivermectin is 1 time every 2 weeks and I didnt build up.

I cannot even imagine having any of those diseases in the second article

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks, Bonnie.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Rumigirl
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bartenderbonnie:
Here are the protocols for Ivermectin, prophylactic (preventative) and active infections;

Here is an article that says to treat the bacteria that parasitic worms live on, with Minocycline;
https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2015/10/ivermectin-nobel-drugs-elephantiasis-filariasis-nematodes-wolbachia/409306/

Thank you, Bartenderbonnie, for posting the links, esp the first one. I had meant to come back and post it, but forgot. Their website and work is fabulous! It should be widely known and respected, however, prevention and early treatment for Covid has been shoved under the rug by the powers that be. Hundreds of thousands of lives could have been saved. Where have we heard this before?!
Posts: 3770 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Rumigirl:
quote:
Originally posted by Bartenderbonnie:

Thank you, Bartenderbonnie, for posting the links, esp the first one. I had meant to come back and post it, but forgot. Their website and work is fabulous! It should be widely known and respected, however, prevention and early treatment for Covid has been shoved under the rug by the powers that be. Hundreds of thousands of lives could have been saved. Where have we heard this before?!
EXACTLY!!! Makes me so angry!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Garz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 52095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Garz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there is a comprehensive discussion with links to articles on the use of ivermectin in lyme disease here

https://www.healingwell.com/community/default.aspx?f=30&m=4245607

Posts: 245 | From UK | Registered: Feb 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LuBee
Member # 46946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuBee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the person and her clinic that I used to get prophylactic Covid meds. I have sent others her way and we have had no trouble getting a telehealth appt and the meds through their recommended pharmacy.

Dr. Stella Emmanuel https://frontlinemedicaldoctors.com/

Posts: 46 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link LuBee
Definitely might come in handy to save your life!

Garz
When you said ‘comprehensive discussion’, you did not disappoint! Wow, just wow 🔥

I am only 1/2 way through it as I want to understand everything. Really fascinating stuff ! It’s so refreshing to witness Lyme sufferers offer their knowledge and hypothesis’s to help others. Thank you so much for posting your link.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LuBee
Member # 46946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuBee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LuBee:
This is the person and her clinic that I used to get prophylactic Covid meds. I have sent others her way and we have had no trouble getting a telehealth appt and the meds through their recommended pharmacy.

Dr. Stella Emmanuel https://frontlinemedicaldoctors.com/

Dr. Stella Emmanuel also does sick appts and will prescribe protocol for a case of covid that has symptoms.
Posts: 46 | From USA | Registered: Nov 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Great link, Garz!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

terv
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29410

Garz, I meant to comment a long time ago about your healingwell discussion. It is amazing. So much to digest and I am still reading it. Thanks so much for sharing.
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curious on what reactions everyone has had to Ivermectin?

I have some to take, for lyme and company, and so scared it will send me into a herx from hell as I get meningitis headaches when herxing.

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I've taken it before. It was a non-issue for me and I have MCAS.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Garz
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 52095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Garz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just came back to see all the positive responses to the healingwell thread

thanks for the thanks!

for me its been about the least trouble come pharma drug i have ever taken

side effects are near non-existent on the prophylactic dose regime

some days i think i may have a fraction more fatigue the day after - but only some days and its marginal
occasionally i think i have stiffness in my hips the day after - but again marginal
slightly softer stools sometime the day after

that's about it and if i am honest all are within the normal daily variations i get so hard to even attribute these to ivermectin with any certainty

i have been ill for over 6years now - but recovery started around 2years ago and i have been slowly improving - the rate of improvement increased after starting Ivermectin as an immunomodulator adjunct treatment to anti-microbials and buhner herbs

i highly recommend the Healingwell forum also - some very knowledgeable people there and a good sense of community

Posts: 245 | From UK | Registered: Feb 2020  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement