LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Today, I am grateful for...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Today, I am grateful for...
Michelle M
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..a couple hours to stand in the blazing California sun today and land a 22" rainbow, thanks to being off Doxy-freaking-cycline for four days (God bless you, Dr. J) and onto a new med that lets me have a summer.

...the ability to walk around my garden carrying my hefty D70 chasing bees without my arms shaking (too much)...

...waking up more and more often without a shrieking headache (I could get used to this).

..I'm even sometimes grateful for my Lyme-fogged brain, which makes me completely forget on good days how much my head hurts on bad days (good reason to keep a diary)!

What in your Lyme world are YOU grateful for?

:-)

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biting Back
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biting Back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am thankful to be a survivor.
Posts: 703 | From Almost Heaven | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am thankful to be able to trim the hedges, water the garden, and oil some teak furniture all in one day plus do 20 minutes of exercise for fun. I may pay tomorrow, but I enjoyed today.
Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The batteries that I recently received and were installed in my power chair. I am thankful for wheels. It is great to be able to get out and about again and not to feel like I am being beaten up each day.

I am starting to feel human again.

I am thankful my cacti have not died and some of them are blooming.

I am thankful for the clean clothes.

I am thankful I was able to take a bath yesterday.

I am thankful for PJ or came by and took me out to lunch and then for a drive.

I am thankful for the 100 or so Harley Davidson's I saw this morning at Perko's. (Don't quite understand why not one of them was willing to trade my power chair for their Harley??)

I am thankful that Buster behaved himself this morning and we had a pleasant time out.

I am thankful for the case of water that I recently drank.

I am thankful that the house keeper is doing a good job of keeping things clean around here.

I am thankful for the used vacuum that a friend brought over to replace mine that is no longer working.

I am thankful I was able to water the plants this morning and transplant a root bound one.

I am thankful for an air conditioned apartment.

I am thankful for the good nights sleep I got last night....at least until 4:30 am this morning.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yippee! I like this!

I am VERY grateful for this Board!

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigmamma
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigmamma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I am thankful for my new insights about life in general since having Lyme. Today I am spending less time working and more quality time with my family.

I was watching my children playing in the rain. I threw off my shoes and went out to join them. We danced and squished mud between our toes. I am thankful that I was strong enough to dance and didn't care what the people driving by thought. I am thankful for those giggles and smiles that come from my kids when they talk about my rain dance.

I am thankful for my little boy's curiosity. A weed is described as a plant out of its intended place. He planted some corn in my flower bed this spring, his first attempt at farming. When it began to grow I saw it and asked my son if he could go pull the "weeds" for me. He said, "A corn is a corn is a corn." So we made a bet about which corn plant will actually produce the most corn and I have 2 giant corn stalks in front of my house growing in my flower bed. He monitors them every day for potential ears and it has turned into a wonderful science lesson. He reminds me that when he wins the bet I will have to buy him an ice cream cone. Today I enjoy the view and fuss less about weeds. For that, I am thankful.

I am thankful for the peanut butter and jelly fingerprints on my windows, for I know that someday the fingerprints will disappear and my children will be grown.

I am thankful that my daughter has a beautiful singing voice and she sings in the shower every day. She makes up songs and most of the time they have a lot of meaning. One day she made up a song about me meeting God and not having pain and I sat outside the bathroom door listening and cried.

.....for my LLMD, who has patience and a heart of gold.

...... that I know who my friends really are now.

.... that I have lost 32 pounds without trying.

.....for very smart people that do medical research and create medications that save people's lives and alleviate suffering.

I used to save my good perfume for special occasions, now I wear it to the hardware store. Instead of saving it for "some day special" we use the "good" china for celebrating little events like the first robin sited in the spring, a day without diarrhea, the mail being delivered on time, or remembering to put the milk away after making chocolate milk.

"Some day" and "one of these days" are losing their grip in my vocabulary. If it worth doing or seeing, I want to do it right now. I'm calling old high school friends and mending relationships and taking my mother-in-law out for her favorite meal. I'm catching up on my photo album journaling and I recently video taped my father telling his life story.

I am thankful that I will never again put off anything that will add laughter to our lives.

I am thankful that I have realized that every day that I open my eyes it is a special miracle and I need to make the most of each day.

Posts: 199 | From here | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melanie Reber
Member # 3707

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Melanie Reber   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lovely post!

Thank you to each of you for sharing your gratitude...

Melanie

------------------
C O L O R A D O * S U P P O R T * S Y S T E M
[email protected]

Posts: 7052 | From Colorado | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3greatkids
Member # 3838

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3greatkids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, these are great.

Bigmamma,my family and I go to a lake that has clay colored mud all along the shores.We have lake only suits too.

We call it Club Mud when we go.
I'm giving you the title as Queen of Club Mud.I know you will uphold this position to the best of your ability.There is nothing finer!!!

The Club Muds of America also offer time sharing.If you want to come to our club mud for a few days and experience our mud,great.

I am happy for you.Your children sound adorable.

Posts: 1076 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HEATHERKISS
Member # 6789

Icon 10 posted      Profile for HEATHERKISS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm thankful that I felt really good today.

I'm thankful that I got to inform 6 people about Lyme/coinfections and Lyme testing.

I'm thankful they were all interested and actually grasped what I explained to them.

It was a great day,
Heather

Oh yea! I'm thankful my crazy mom is in California and I'm in NJ.

I'm thankful I still love my coockey mom.

Posts: 1974 | From ABERDEEN, NJ 07747 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ICEiam
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7519

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ICEiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I am grateful that God gave me the insight to keep on researcing my daughters illness and finally figured out she had Lyme...

I am grateful I read about babies being born with Lyme and maybe prevented my granddaughter from having to suffer through all the problems Lyme children go through.

I am grateful for the LLMD's that risk their careers to help those that need them so desperately

I am grateful for this site that has taught me so much over the past several months and that I finally registered instead of just reading all the time. Now I can ask questions and get different points of views.

I am grateful that I don't think I have Lyme, so I can take care of my girls that need me so much.

I am grateful to have a support group for when the people here in Idaho realize they have Lyme and need information, I will have resources to help them.

I am just grateful to be here!!

ICEY

Posts: 468 | From Las Vegas NV | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am grateful I found this board and all the wonderful people here.

Without it I would be all alone in Lyme hell.

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trails
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
today I am thankful for my big bathtub.

I am also eternally thankful for the love and support from my partner.

and this board too.

Posts: 1950 | From New Mexico | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today I am thankful for my friend Carolyn who supports me and made me take Tai Chi with her. I lasted a whole hour! Hiker

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8879 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MagicAcorn
Member # 8786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MagicAcorn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am grateful for my first crocus blooming right along with me today. I have had the best couple of weeks in two years.

About three weeks ago I finished up a year long antibiotic journey that has brought me back into the real world of the living once again.

The body snatchers are at bay and hopefully will be for a long, long time.

I'm working two part time jobs, president of a local organization, and a better mother once again.

So today I'm thankful for my doctor who I am not embarrassed to say is my HERO. [Wink]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1279 | From In hiding | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopeful123
Member # 3244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm thankful for my children (although grown and far away)

i'm thankful for a job which i can do and even enjoy (sometimes)

i'm grateful for my cats who love and understand me no matter how cranky or tired i am at the end of the day

i'm grateful for this board

i'm grateful for my llmd

God grant me the wisdom to accept the things i cannot change, change the things i can, and to know the difference.

--------------------
some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield  -

Posts: 1160 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am thankful -

- for my family

who have stuck by me no matter how sick i got

- for the cats I have been fortunate enough to have in my life

their unconditional loyalty and love

- for my llmd

I dont even want to think about where I would be without him

- that my art will still be their when I get well.

- that I am alive

- that only my left foot is going numb this time

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettyg
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeing my 1st robin in our front yard tree! Spring is here.

We're having our girl's state basketball tournament this week. It's notorious for icy roads, blizzards, and many inches of snow. This week it will be in the 40s - 60s!

I'm thankful for this board and the friendships I've made this past 1.5 yrs.

Thankful for: my loving hubby of 31.5 yrs. who has shown me unconditional love like Dana Reeve. What a shame to have lost Dana to lung cancer, who didn't smoke, at an early age.

Thinking/praying for Will Reeve, Chris & Dana's 13 yr. old son who lost both parents in less than 1 year. I'll stop here, but have so much more to be thankful for.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biting Back
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biting Back     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Breathing.

Sunshine.

The spring bulbs I planted last fall are peeking up through the ground.

My husband's undying love and support.

My precious children.

Making amends with family members.

And you. All of you.

[kiss]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 703 | From Almost Heaven | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
char
Member # 8315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for char     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am thankful that my 12yr old son has made a new friend.

and that my 14yr old budding writer daughter just recieved a personal e-mail from a best-selling author.

and for my uncomplaining husband who loves us and works so hard to encourage us and pay for us!

Posts: 1230 | From US | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement