LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » heres a fun one. pills, what flavor?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: heres a fun one. pills, what flavor?
Nal
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6801

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok since so many of us are taking such god awful pills and most with terrible taste, what flavor would you turn those meds into if you could?

Mine would be margarita flavored--definately.

Nancy

--------------------
Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it!

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good question- not only are they nasty tasting-but sometimes they get stuck. ! I've also had the not so pleasant experience of the antibiotic taste burp back up in my mouth. [puke]

So if I had to choose a flavor to regurgitate it would be-pina colada. [Big Grin]

Carol

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine would taste like mint chocolate chip ice cream [lick]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ANY flavor of ice cream!! [lick]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay since you brought up the ice cream thing, havent had any in a real long time. Neither have I had a 'soda' as most of you call it.

Today being a holiday, I was getting in the spirit of a root beer float. So drugs in root beer flavor please and pass the i-scream and soda,,,PLEASE????

But alas, never worked up the energy or the effort of getting one!!!Mostly cuz I B --just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

I WANT A ROOT BEER FLOAT!!! We have not had soda in so long. I forgot about root beer floats-good one JD. I MUST HAVE A ROOT BEER FLOAT NOW. but like JD, I have not the means nor energy to make it happen.

Just Dreaming,
Carol

Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm voting for anything ice cream or chocolate flavored. Better yet, chocolate ice cream.

You know how Ben & Jerry's sometimes comes up with funny names for their ice creams? Maybe we can submit a few of our own.

How about:

DoxycyCream
BiaxCinnamon
TinadaMaximum Chocolate

Any other ideas?

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

I suggest :

Ceftinnamon
Minochocochunck

Aniek
Member # 5374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aniek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pills I can deal with. It's the liquid Glutathione I take that looks like raw egg yolk.

I would definitely go for hot fudge flavor on it instead of the current sulfur flavor.

--------------------
"When there is pain, there are no words." - Toni Morrison

Posts: 4711 | From Washington, DC | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jill and Carol, you guys are too funny!

How about:

zithromint ice cream
mepronarama (make that one banana flavored)
diflucandy ice cream

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Posts: 1594 | From Colorado | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clpgotlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for clpgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are making me laugh so hard my dogs think there's something wrong with me (besides the usual). I cant think of any right now cause my Lymie brain wants a nap!

Thanks for the pick me up on a gloomy day.
Cindy

--------------------
Cindy

Posts: 227 | From VA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tabbytamer
Member # 3159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tabbytamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(To this day I don't know what the mepron tastes like and I don't plan to know. I hold my breath when I take it.)

Personally, I feel you can never go wrong with chocolate. Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. Flavor everything chocolate [lick]

How come little kids get their meds flavored but us bigger kids don't? [confused]

--------------------
Tabby

-

California Lyme support group

Posts: 2098 | From San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol B
Unregistered

How come little kids get their meds flavored but us bigger kids don't? [lol]
Nal
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, you can now add flavoring to certain liquid medications! I know Target pharmacy offers it. Might help to make that Mepron (which is yellow and is the consistency of paint hands down) to actually taste like banana!

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Jill E.
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill E.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nal:
Jill and Carol, you guys are too funny!

How about:

zithromint ice cream
mepronarama (make that one banana flavored)
diflucandy ice cream

Nancy

Oh I love the Diflucandy idea. Just imagine, combining the anti-yeast properties of Diflucan, with candy-flavored ice cream. That means we could have a sugary treat and kill the yeast - all in one big heapin' spoonful!

Jill

--------------------
If laughter is the best medicine, why hasn't stand-up comedy cured me?

Posts: 1773 | From San Diego | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AliG
Member # 9734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AliG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aniek:
The pills I can deal with. It's the liquid Glutathione I take that looks like raw egg yolk.

I would definitely go for hot fudge flavor on it instead of the current sulfur flavor.

The Shop-Rite Pharmacy by me has Flavor-X. They can add flavors to liquid medications. I had to do this for my daughter's medicines. I wonder if they could do it with that?

Might be worth a shot.
[Smile]
Ali

quote:
Originally posted by Nal:
Actually, you can now add flavoring to certain liquid medications! I know Target pharmacy offers it. Might help to make that Mepron (which is yellow and is the consistency of paint hands down) to actually taste like banana!

Nancy

It might help if I finished reading the replies first.
Sorry, I got excited. [woohoo]

PS- If they made 'em taste too good, we'd probably just be sitting around sucking on them all day, instead of swallowing them like we're supposed to.

Make mine a nice Latte' or a Mochaccino, please. I guess I'd settle for DoxyLatte' or Doxaccino, for now, or maybe Doxpresso [Big Grin] [woohoo]

[ 06. September 2006, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: AliG ]

--------------------
Note: I'm NOT a medical professional. The information I share is from my own personal research and experience. Please do not construe anything I share as medical advice, which should only be obtained from a licensed medical practitioner.

Posts: 4881 | From Middlesex County, NJ | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nal
Member # 6801

"Make mine a nice Latte' or a Mochaccino, please. I guess I'd settle for DoxyLatte' or Doxaccino, for now, or maybe Doxpresso "

Love it!!!! Id even take a Levachino!

Nancy

--------------------

-Chuck Swindoll

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement