LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » How did our President George W Bush Cure his Lyme Disease ?????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How did our President George W Bush Cure his Lyme Disease ?????
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 5 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did our President George W Bush Cure his Lyme Disease ?????

Anyone know the facts ???

Posts: 570 | From philadelphia, pa | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweet pea
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sweet pea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe he still has cognitive issues, just watch him try to talk. The White House did a good job of covering it up, but here is what Jimmy Kimmel had to say about it:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=73e_1187112298

Posts: 449 | From Vermont | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a good question too. I have been wondering about his story, but have yet to hear anything.

My guess is they caught it early.

The only thing I do know is that Dr. S in CA was contacted by the White House.

Questions about treating lyme disease were asked.

But, he was not told why and only found out why when the news later said that Pres Bush had lyme disease.

I know some wrote to him hoping that he would help the lyme disease cause but no response on his part.

I am hoping after he gets out of office he might do something.

Perhaps now would be a good time to write to him again.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
22dreams
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 22dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a Ed Op piece in the UK paper, the

Guardian, posing the question of why we heard

everything about President Bush's polyp removals ( read Polyps here ), yet his lyme treatment was rather

shrouded in secrecy.

Their speculation can be found here:

Bush and Lyme disease: what's the secret?

The White House won't reveal the length of the president's antibiotics course.
Are they protecting the insurance industry?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2007/aug/13/bushandlymediseasewhatsth

It was validating to read about the controversy

in black-and-white and how it reaches the highest

levels of politics.

"If his doctors thought it was appropriate that

the president get treated for a period of time

that is longer than the standard two-week course,

and if this fact became public knowledge, it

might call the two-week standard into question.

Lyme sufferers and their doctors would be able to

point out that the president's doctors

(presumably not quacks) thought that a longer

course of treatment was beneficial.

This could help to prompt more serious research

on treating chronic Lyme and make it more

difficult for insurers to cut off treatment for

chronic Lyme victims."

".....Given the controversy around the disease it

is difficult to see why Bush would not disclose

his treatment, unless he was in fact treated for

more than the standard two weeks. After all, what

would be the issue if his spokesperson told the

press that Bush got two weeks of antibiotic

treatment?"

About helping the cause when he gets out of office--

somehow I have the sneaking suspicion that we'll

hear nothing about it until years down the liine

when Laura Bush takes up the cause of

Alzheimer's, rheumatoid arthritis, or ALS or

something.

Don't intend to be a nay-sayer--call it intuition.

Laura Bush may actually be the one to write to.

[ 09. December 2008, 12:08 PM: Message edited by: 22dreams ]

Posts: 571 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cognitive issues from Lyme? Nah--he was always a 'tard.
I suspect people like him have access to a treatment radically different from everything the public's aware of at present. It just doesn't make sense that they would create this bioweapon without
a way to protect themselves from it.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some time ago, someone posted a link in which Pres. Bush speech was compared / contrasted with a Gov. Bush speech from 10 yrs. prior (maybe 1997?)

I'm going to look for it.

It was a sobering video for me to watch. All I could think is "that's what I sound like".
(Except it's not as bad for me, because I'm not the president. [Big Grin] )

I think his lyme is evident. I think 22dreams is right. We'll hear about it years down the road.

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here it is. It's from 2004.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw4Bhmm22xo#

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katc
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When did he get Lyme?

That video really shows a difference in him, whether the culprit is Lyme or not, something changed his ability to speak and debate. There is no denying that!

Posts: 117 | From Winston Salem NC | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 4 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here read this...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2007/aug/13/bushandlymediseasewhatsth

[bonk]

Posts: 570 | From philadelphia, pa | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
22dreams
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 22dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. I posted that this morning Eric.
Beat yah to it!

Posts: 571 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well at least its good to know that some of us here are on the wagon...

but are we too few ???

[confused]

eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 4 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok so then how about these four articles...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/08/AR2007080802268.html

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/08/bush.health/index.html

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/cont/node/3111

http://www.fftimes.com/node/203726

[bonk]

Meg
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 22

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Meg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll try to sidestep the political baggage on this post.....

I do know his Medical advisors contacted prominent LLMDs from the list we have here and consulted with them.

I think it's a fairly excellent assumption, based on who they consulted, that he was treated with antibiotics.

Whether he is being followed up on, or enough was given, or co-infections were dealt with, who knows?

--------------------
Success Stories---Treatment Guidelines

Posts: 10010 | From somewhERE OVER THE Rainbow | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by carly:
[QB] Here it is. It's from 2004.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw4Bhmm22xo#

That proves what I've said all along. He was a great governor in TX. I was there.

I believe he actually contracted Lyme when they built their new ranch house in TX after his election.

It's been all downhill since then.

I think he got Lyme (again?)2-3 yrs ago. DR F in Louisiana was also contacted for consultation.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
22dreams
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17846

quote:
Originally posted by eric555:
well at least its good to know that some of us here are on the wagon..

[confused]

What wagon?

I was just glad to see in print, the observation of a reporter---without lyme--noticing that the lyme treatment wasn't revealed & noting the political environment that exists w/lyme.

IOW: INSURANCE and IDSA BS and how it affects us--the patients.

I'm not making any partisan statements.
If you are including me in with some sort of partisanship or zealotry, ur mistaken.

Lyme politics: well, it's obvious where I lie with lyme.

Bush revealing his neuro/cognitive issues could have easily proven to be a security risk/threat.

They could have kept neuro sx hidden, however, not revealing his treatment protocol--
Why Not?
Whether antibiotics or otherwise?

Sure, if Bush were given more Abx than IDSA docs would call for, it could have fed into the politics surrounding this disease regarding insurance coverage, lack of research, lack of treatment.
IOW: money.

If we had the president's treatment protocol to point to, how could doctors deny us a comparable protocol despite the existence IDSA's guidelines?

This is nothing new. This is all of which we talk about on here and elsewhere in our lives.

Bush may be ignorant of everything we all are going through regarding this as he has the best treatment at his disposal--to do with anything--and could be completely oblivious.

Although I'm not one nowadays to be giving any
authority figure--doctor or politician--the benefit of the doubt.

Again, Laura Bush could very well join the ranks of Nancy Reagan to do with Alzheimers down-the-line.

But hopefully things will have changed in the lyme realm by then.

Aside: What irks me that in several places I've read his doctors refer to it as treating a "localized rash".

That statement is highly misleading and irresponsible. It leads one to believe that lyme disease is a dermatological affliction not an infectious disease.

[ 10. December 2008, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: 22dreams ]

Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I for one don't believe he is "cured".

Maybe remission.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm..I wasn't too impressed with the vid from 10 years ago. But then again, maybe it's just too depressing for me to accept that not even the Bilerbergers have a cure...
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mazou
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mazou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no information about whether he was cured, but his speech is so Lyme-like. He talks just like me.

It's really shocking to think about. Whether I agree with his politics or not, I truly hope he recovers.

Posts: 636 | From Saratoga County, NY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

quote:

Originally posted by 22 dreams
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by eric555:
well at least its good to know that some of us here are on the wagon..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What wagon? [confused]
quote:

I'm not on anybody's wagon. I was not making any statements when I posted that video that I had seen posted here on LN in the past. I realize it's a political ad, but what struck me was the cognitive differences between the man when he was governor and then president.

I posted the link to the video to illustrate that it's obvious to me that his lyme was more than "a rash that was treated."

I am not a public speaker, but 10 yrs ago I could really work a crowd. Now I talk in stupid cliches and often say ridiculous things.

That's all.

mazou
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mazou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carly, me too! I used to teach at NYU for goodness sake! No, here's the killer: I used to teach COMMUNICATION SKILLS AT NYU!!!

It's a joke! Now I can't even carry on elevator chat without fumbling something.

Posts: 636 | From Saratoga County, NY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eric555     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
carly and 22dreams,

i only meant that in a good way with no offense what so ever...

meaning the wagon that he did have lyme and many people still today know nothing about it,
they dont know lyme nor do they know that our president had it,
thats all i meant.
and that through whatever secrets of his treatments he can go on and be normal, unlike most of us here who live in pain and loss of many things we once had like friends, health, work, and good lives...

please dont take that in any bad way.

[Smile]

Barby
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barby   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder why more isn't being done since the president has/had Lyme???

--------------------
I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!

Lyme Friends
http://www.lymefriends.com/profile/barbyfirefly

My Lyme Story Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/barbyfirefly

Posts: 160 | From Houston, TX | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barby:
I wonder why more isn't being done since the president has/had Lyme??? [/QB]

People either don't know or don't care.

I wouldn't say Pres. Bush is "cured".

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fordace
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fordace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by adamm:

I suspect people like him have access to a treatment radically different from everything the public's aware of at present. It just doesn't make sense that they would create this bioweapon without
a way to protect themselves from it.

BINGO
Posts: 208 | From Hudson Valley, New York | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymecaregiverNY
Member # 13287

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymecaregiverNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
President Bush was recently examined and treated at Walter Reed Army Medical Hospital in D.C. for unexplained shoulder pain. He received an MRI and a cortisone steroid shot.

It may not be Lyme or it may very well be the beginning stages of the disease.

If it is Lyme the cortisone steroid will suppress his immune system and allow the pathogen and/or any co-infections to really take hold. He will unfortunately experience more severe symptoms soon.

If it is Lyme, then he is getting a similar run around and medical malpractice like so many Lyme patients have received.

Time will tell within the next few months.

I hope that he becomes a Lyme advocate.

Godspeed.

Posts: 45 | From upstate NY | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eric555
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18343

if he had a quick fix as mandated for the three week course of antibiotics,

maybe just maybe then he too may need to just join us in this battle.

[Wink]

but then again his treatments would probably be totally different from ours as others here say...

[confused]

just hope he speaks of it very soon and stops hiding it all.

[ 26. December 2008, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: eric555 ]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement