LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » RACING Awareness! # 1 in votes! Final Lap Report! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: RACING Awareness! # 1 in votes! Final Lap Report!
Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Mall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the reminder will work better tomorrow because more people will not have votes for 24 hours

Paul

Posts: 925 | From Connecticut | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey J,

Before you herx, how about getting in the spotter's box and checking your car!!!

It should be headed around turn 4 about now, blowing away the Sate police car, and hitting 2,000 votes!

Lettuce no!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey J,

Can you please copy and paste the links fro the top of the first page into your post on top of this page? That way folks who just want to vote can find it quicker.

That would be very helpful!

Have we hit 2,000?

I need some SLEEP!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqi
Member # 6619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacqi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are at 1997, I am off to post on FB to see if I van get three more people to vote tonight!

--------------------
J

Posts: 91 | From Northwest Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Paul Mall   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2000 should hit 2050 and 9th place before I wake up nite.
Posts: 925 | From Connecticut | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqi
Member # 6619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacqi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just checked, we are at 1999!

and I sure will on the link...as soon as I can figure out how to edit my post [Embarrassed] ) lol

Figured out how to edit... 2001 votes WOOT!

--------------------
J

Posts: 91 | From Northwest Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
50 more to go and we pass the state police car!
Posts: 13069 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

You did it!

2,000 VOTES!

Now time for the pit crew to sleep and let the early birds take a turn in the pits.

Night all!

And thanks for helping to RACE AWARENESS!

[sleepy]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

4Seasons
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4Seasons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent out this link to our local support group and posted on my Facebook page.

Someone told me the site was jammed and it took her a while to get her vote through!

What a fabulous idea, Tincup and a great effort by Paul, Robin and all!!!

--------------------
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Posts: 450 | From California | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TnFlowerChild
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TnFlowerChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to the Facebook event page that Pall Mall put up, I noticed many of my friends have signed on as "attending" - so they are voting daily I hope!
We are over 2200 now!! [bow]

Posts: 236 | From Jackson, TN | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqi
Member # 6619

I did an event page so that my fb family and friends could be remind every day to go and vote! PLUS I put reminders up every morning and night. We are at number 8 with 2253 WOOT!

Jacqi

--------------------
J

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Go Go Go!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 95723 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

7th place if we keep up this speed we could hit the top 5 by morning

[Smile]

Paul

Tincup
Member # 5829

HOLY COW! Or shall I saw HOLY GIRAFFE?

Lucky 7th place!

Looks like we have a lot of promoters, a grand pit crew and now a cheerleading section that is headed by a cute frog with a big grin!

[lol]

That is fantastic!

Only 400 more votes till we move up another position! Then we would be in 6th place!!!

To get the premium spot on the front page (5th place) we need at least another 800 votes!

Time to call in the non-Lyme affected people you know and make them aware!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Jacqi
Member # 6619

I just got a post from a non lyme friend who said she voted and got some of her friends to vote too!

--------------------
J

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes - this should be for nonLyme folks too! Just shy of 2500!!
Posts: 13069 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Hey J, good for you!

After all, I think most of us are quite Lyme literate and won't have a problem knowing NEXT time to "Get it Right- Treat the Bite!"

Way to go Big Bird! Thanks for keeping a check on it.

And 4Seasons... that is incredible news! Thanks so much!!!

Vote count NOW is ... 2,535

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

Just a thought...

Do you think we could possibly make it to 3rd place?

I know that is asking a lot, but what do you think?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Elaine G
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine G     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3rd place..phooey......we want 1st place !!

Everyone is pitching in and spreading the word for votes.

I didn't clean those toilets for 3rd place !!!

I'll do the windows for 1st place. [spinning smile]

Keep reminding your friends to vote.

We can do it. We can do it. We can do it.

Posts: 671 | From Fort Myers, Florida | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

Here we come!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somebody has posted a L-O-N-G link somewhere.. If they will remove it, the thread will go back to normal.

This is so bad I can't tell who did it!!
[Smile]
If I do find it.... I'll delete it for us so we can read this!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 95723 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

oh...it's Paul ...

sorry.. I removed the cars!!

I think you should remove the info with the names of your FB friends. I know I wouldn't want my name and photo posted here without my permission.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tincup
Member # 5829

How about that! I took a supper break and came back to find we are in 6th place!!!

And our car is so cool that even CALDA did a write up on our race car!

http://www.lymedisease.org/news/lyme_disease_views/toyotasponsifier.html

Thanks to all of you and CALDA for providing the fuel for our engines..... vrrrrrrrrooooooommmmmmm

Good job everyone!

And so you say you want to be in 1st place? Goodness, what lofty expectations! But we CAN try!

Need to reach out to non-Lyme groups and folks. Go for it! Be inventive, be creative!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

sorry for the long image

I will make sure I size them right in the future

Paul

Tincup
Member # 5829

Paul,

I enjoy your pics and sharing.

[Big Grin]

Where is that pit crew gang tonight? Sleeping on the job?

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

I just sent this out as a reminder and update.

[Big Grin]

Vote here- http://www.sponsafier.com/share/46869

UPDATE- The Lyme Awareness Race Car was dedicated to Dr. Jones and his wonderful staff for all of their work with the children, and to celebrate Dr. Jones birthday on March 14, 2011.

The website dedicated to him- where the Race Car information is located- has had over 1,000 new viewers in the past 5 days. This will hopefully help his situation.

Thanks to your efforts, in the past 24 hours we've added about 1,000 more votes to our previous total.

In 24 hours we raced up from a respectable 9th place to an incredible 6th place!

In the process we blew the doors off the state police car, the 911 dispatchers car and several others- we left them in our dust! (tee hee hee hee)

We need about 400 votes to move up to 5th place and be featured on the front page on the website! There are over 30,000 cars entered in the contest at this time.

The race car website gets approximately 300,000 hits per day, or about 1.2 million views every 4 days. (This is free advertising for Lyme Disease Awareness.)

We have about one week to get to the #1 spot, and then we can only hope no one will race up behind us after our voting period ends and pass us.

We need to pass everyone like they were standing still and establish a good lead if we want to get to and stay in the #1 spot.

If we continue to get 1,000 votes per day (or more) for the last week of voting, as it stands now we will be in 1st place!!! (Then comes the voting by the judges to determine the final Top 10 cars.)

So please keep voting and spreading the word to all your Lyme and non-Lyme friends!

Got kids? If so, put them to work sharing the Lyme Awareness Race Car information to help us with our efforts. As one person commented...

"This has got to be written up as the greatest collective Lyme activist activity in awhile..."

Thanks to all of the support groups and people nationwide who are sharing the Racing Lyme Awareness information on their websites, face book and twitters.

Happy Racing Lyme Disease Awareness! Vrrrrrrrooooooommmmm!

~smile~

Help Raise Lyme Disease Awareness. Vote for the Lyme Disease Awareness Race Car. Free, easy and no registration required.

To vote click here
http://www.sponsafier.com/share/46869

For more information see "Racing Awareness" page
www.DrJonesKids.com

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

I was able to get back into my account and saw, for the first time, a ranking.

We've made it to the highest ranking- it is called DRIVER!

We've also had 3,900 views (where someone actually clicked on the car to see it).

Since we have less votes than that, it indicates many others passing through took time to look closely at our car.

It says the car was "shared" 2,400 times!

[Big Grin]

But... we haven't had any votes in a while. Where's the pit crew?

I hope it picks up in the morning!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

TnFlowerChild
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TnFlowerChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC - don't you ever sleep? That's ok - we need someone to watch over us at night! You and Robin123!
When the car wins- can I go with you??? [hi]

Posts: 236 | From Jackson, TN | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elaine G
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine G     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TC
Time to change the heading to 5th place !!!

Votes have been coming in like crazy this morning.

Keep up the good work.

Posts: 671 | From Fort Myers, Florida | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqi
Member # 6619

Elaine, I was just coming in to say that I saw were in 5th place as well WOOT! I keep "nagging" on friends and family on FB. I figure the more I get the word out the better it is.

Jacqi

--------------------
J

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool!
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
posted it on one of the nascar FB pages...there are many
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

We are #5

The top 4 Are Closed to Voting!

Keep Voting Once A Day!

-

[Smile]

Paul

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Good job, Paul!

We are so cool!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

needhelp38
Member # 27665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for needhelp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is awesome I voted and posted it on my FB page and sent a msg to as many people I could send it to on FB. I will send more when I can, it sucks they only let you send so many msg. I will keep posting, voting, and sending msg. We need to get the word out. With us all standing together fighting together, we will prevail then doctors won't have the option not to listen. YEAH [group hug] [woohoo]

--------------------
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will" - Gandhi
IGeneX results - POSITIVE
Bartonella and Babesia
(Babesia worst of all)
18+
23-25 IND
30+
39 IND
41+
58+
83-93++

Posts: 54 | From columbus indiana | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sometimesdilly
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go, racing crew & friends!

Its great to see a whole committed crew in place- you guys are AWESOME!

I've passed along the voting info to lots of folks in lots of places, and I know many of them are voting, but this year's effort belongs to those of you who have already done such a whiz bang job.

(BTW, the racing site is sure better organized this year!!)

Posts: 2505 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Awesome - over 3700 now! What is the url for the picture showing the five top cars?

I agree - couldn't ask for a better crew!! Paul fixes the car as needed! Elaine even cleans up!

TnFlower, the site needs night crew too! Last year, every time I posted, so did Bill+1 - if anyone knows where he went, bring him back here!

You know, if they go ahead and make a Nascar car for us because of this achievement, hm about who gets to ride around the track in it - TC, Dr J and a couple of his kids????

Paul Mall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27581

Just sent out the Revote Reminder

Paul

Elaine G
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20735

Robin, Top 5 cars are located at

Top Five Cars

The car looks good in number 5 spot but it would look better in # 4.

I sent my reminder to vote emails to friends and family.

Good job Paul, the votes should start rolling in again with your reminder.

imitchy
Member # 30719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for imitchy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3,902 votes!!!!
Posts: 39 | From NY | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

4,000 BIG ONES!

You all are doing fantastic! So glad you are sending and voting!

Hey needhelp! Thanks for jumping in the pits with these guys and putting the petal to the metal!

Glad you are still with us Dilly!

PaulMall, I love the way the pics are posted here. Cool... or as they say in racing...

AWESOME!

[Big Grin]

J, Kam and imitchy- thanks for keeping it up and pushing it all over!

It is a LONG way to get in 4th place, but we got spoiled passing others by like they were standing still.

Now we have to run up the RPM's and keep trucking along.

We'll get there with YOUR help!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Jacqi
Member # 6619

This is so cool! I hate having Lyme Disease, but I am so happy that I am able to help with this project!

--------------------
J

Lymetoo
Member # 743

-

Way to go, guys!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Tincup
Member # 5829

Yes, J... we need some fun now and then, don't we. And it is an easy, free and good way to get "Lyme" in the faces of so many.

BUT, it is only possible with everyone's help!! You are the ones making it happen.

And TuTu... if you are trying out to be the first official NASCAR cheerleader, you've got my vote!

[lol]

Oh, the count is now 4,106 votes!

Wooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooo!

About 1,300 more and we move up a notch, to 4th place!

BUT, I want at least a third place. It would look nice (color wise) on the front page!

Yes, I just said that.

And I am the race car designer? GEEZE! Could we have had anyone LESS experienced doing this?

HA!

[lol]

And NOTE- The car, Zac Attack is gaining speed fast, and has 5 days left.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
everyone, just vote every day.

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

They THOUGHT the big race was in Bristol this weekend.

WRONG!

It's here!

[lol]

Hey Alana ... good to see you. Got your coveralls on and ready to go go go?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Robin123
Member # 9197

A present count of 4165, and some more Lyme radio for the climb to 4th place:

(Boys at the Beach)
Round, round, get around
We get around, yeah.

(Quick Mick...)
Come on, baby, drive our car!
Come on, baby, drive our car!
Try to set the track on fire!
Try to set the track on fire!

(Channeling Janis)
Oh, lord, won't you vote for a Lyme Nascar race car?
My friends all have interest, we must take it far.

(Don McLean at the wheel)
Fly, fly, don't miss Lymerica's high!
Drive our Lyme car all the time far
With the voting so high!
And we good old pit crew thinking frisky and why:
Singin' this'll be the way that we fly!

(Proud/Merry)
It's a good job, sittin' pretty,
Votin' for the car every night and day
And we might have lost some minutes of sleepin'
Clickin' all the way, we crew have been.

Big Count keeps on growing,
Proud Lymies keep on going.
Drivin', drivin', drivin' on the Nas track.

Tincup
Member # 5829

Rockin' Robin, for sure!

[Big Grin]

You make me sing and that is a GOOD thing. Unless you are here having to listen to it!

[lol]

4,368 votes!

We are moving and grooving! Keep voting!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Lymetoo
Member # 743

[woohoo]
(gotta save my good ones for when we win!)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

TnFlowerChild
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24717

Rockin' Robin!!! [bow] [hi]
kam
Member # 3410

As one person put it on FB, Mach 5...that was when we were getting started.

Now, we need Mach 1. HA!

Tincup
Member # 5829

Silly Girl!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

You won't believe this!

I just got a note from the IDSA Guideline authors. They said they LOVE our race car and vote for it EVERY DAY!

If that didn't make you laugh out loud... go change another tire!

[lol]

Count now- 4,726 votes!

WOW!!!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Jacqi
Member # 6619

Gotta love it TC...Hey...what ever it takes to get us to the top we'll take, right!

Roll on dudes!

--------------------
J

penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok just posted it on my FB page - hopefully that will draw more attention so not just lymies will vote!

In my culture "4" is not a good number - it sounds like the word "death" in Japanese.

Therefore, we have no other option than to be in either 3, 2, 1st place.

[ 03-18-2011, 07:37 PM: Message edited by: penguingirl ]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

4,759 at 5:40

I'm rolling J... HA!

Yes, penguin... I agree. Maybe we can hit 4th place by morning and move to 3rd by night time? That's asking a lot though.

But, when you hear this news things might change.

Zac Attack is biting at our bumpers. We need more votes and to pick up the pace or we will be eating their dust!

Vote at link below.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tutu, LOVE your pictures! They have me laughing out loud at every one!

KAM, what a fantastic idea posting it on NASCAR pages! I'll get it posted wherever else I can; got it posted on both my FB pages; Paul posted it on LymeFriends and he is the most RELENTLESS marketer of any and all things Lyme you will ever want to come across. Seriously if you ever want to get the word out about anything, Paul's your man. For a dude who's only been in the Lyme game for seven months, you'd think he'd been around the block for years.

He makes people stand up and take notice. With Tincup and Paul together, and a dash of the rest of us, the seas may part. Seriously.

Now roll on, baby! This car's a cruisin' for sure!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha- I tricked the system - voted from my work laptop, personal laptop, and also voted from my smart phone. I can vote 3 x a day!

If only I could be out at bars and such I would hijack everyone's smart phones and just vote away.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqi
Member # 6619

I just posted and asked everyone to vote...asked if they already voted to get their kids, parents, neighbors, friends or even their dogs to vote if they could click on the mouse! [Big Grin]

J

--------------------
J

sometimesdilly
Member # 9982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sometimesdilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've have put requests to over 200 folks, asking them to vote, and many are doing just that.

is it just me, or are we way ahead of where we were last year at this point in the voting?!

way to go, everyone!

Posts: 2505 | From lost in the maze | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

For Tracy!

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Jacqi
Member # 6619

472 away from 4th place, and Zac attack has 2657 to catch up to us. But I don't know how many days are left on Zac attack.

--------------------
J

Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Lymetoo, you just made me cross eyed, lol!!!

Wow, that Robin 123, she sure does get around! She's got a great post rocking over at LymeFriends where she and Cobweb are going at it, being all witty and stuff, with thier wit and humor getting everyone to vote, vote, vote!!!

I just sent out a BROADCAST MESSAGE to our 1,929 members asking them to vote and telling them I'm going to bug them every day with a message to vote.

We are less than 200 votes away from 4th place!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

What a Pit Crew... so special you are!

Drum roll please...

I was told that shortly after 11 PM we had 5,000 votes!

Do you think we can move up to 4th place by 12 noon Saturday?

I hope so!! This is going VERY well.

Thanks all for racing Lyme Disease Awareness.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

BTW- I am reading the posts here, but am also suppose to be "working" on projects ... so can't always respond.

I appreciate all of your efforts. Keep it up!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Robin123
Member # 9197

***get*it*right!*******5164*******out*o'*sight!***

TC, one of your projects: preparing a victory speech, when the top we breach -

Dilly, we're waaaaaaay ahead this year, thx to a very early start by lots of us - and I think we should all keep clicking right through March 25 - see how high we can get -

Thx Tracy9, isn't it fun at all the sites?!

Jac, watch Zac, report back -

Kam, mach 1 - I like the sound of it -

Penguingirl - good point - don't think anyone's been asking how much equipment each of us has access to -

Lymetoo - getting ready with all her jumping
when we finally accomplish all our bumping...

Has anyone been twittering?

Elaine - thx for the url - we'll be there, doing weller than well -

And Paul, he don't have time to be here or at the mall, since he's probably working on the next thousand haul...

TNFlower, nothing like song power!
Rockin' Robin, tweet, tweet, tweet! --->
Talkin' Robin: vote, vote, vote!!

[ 03-19-2011, 05:25 AM: Message edited by: Robin123 ]

Tincup
Member # 5829

Yo Bird brain...

It's about time you showed up! HA!

No songs tonight? I have to get some of the others out of my brain, so could use one!

[lol]

BTW- I found Pall Mall. He's been busy!

Seems he made his own Lyme disease race car, got it approved and is counting his votes!

Maybe he'll come back and share the link with us?

Our total now is 5,164. Getting closer to 4th place!!!

Keep on voting!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

With your efforts and spreading the word, the traffic to Dr. Jones site has increased quite a bit!

Over 1,400 people visited just since the car was dedicated to him (this past week).

HOPEFULLY that will help both him and the kids, and get them the attention and help they deserve!!!

NOW can I go to bed?

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Robin123
Member # 9197

Not yet - got another song for you -

She'll be coming 'round the Nas track when she comes (when she comes)!
She'll be humming 'round the Nas track when she comes (when she comes)!

She'll be coming 'round the Nas track, no, we will not need to look back,
'Cept for Zac, but keep on voting, here we come! (and then some!)

Oh my gosh, now we're going to vote for Paul's car next?

Cast a Paul at the Mall: 'Bout Lyme, tell All!

Jacqi
Member # 6619

As of right now we have 5298 and Zac attack has 2377, so they need 2921 to catch up (with 4 days remaining). We need 111 to tie and 112 to pass with the number 4 spot! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

ROLL ON DUDES!

PS Paul said he did his as a back up so any new comers wouldn't harasses us! [Smile]

[ 03-19-2011, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Jacqi ]

--------------------
J

Jacqi
Member # 6619

50 votes away to 4th place!!!!

--------------------
J

Tincup
Member # 5829

4 votes to go! YES!!!!

4th place here we come!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Tincup
Member # 5829

We did it!!!!

Look at that Lyme car smiling!

[lol]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Elaine G
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20735

drum roll please............4th place

Top Five Cars

I must have Lyme Disease I forgot to post the voting link so here goes...

Vote for Lyme Awareness Car

OR

http://www.sponsafier.com/#/gallery/view/46869

[ 03-19-2011, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Elaine G ]

Tincup
Member # 5829

Yipppppeeeeeee!

Just saw ANOTHER Lyme car entered in the race! That makes 3 of them now. This one by Juinor.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement