LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Lyme or not, I found help.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lyme or not, I found help.....
richedie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,

I have not been on here in years. I got tired of symptoms not resolving after years of abx.

My pain doctor felt I could have CRPS because my pain started immediately after a surgery. My doctor's then, never put it together although I always found it too coincidental.

Anyway, my biggest issues became hellish pain. Suicide pain as it is called.

I ended up taking opiates for years and they helped but I hated raking drugs but it killed all the pain.

I soon found a natural method. I started taking Kratom in capsule form and it has been amazing what a relief Kratom has provided and has given my life back.

If anyone researches Kratom, there is a lot of false information and companies selling it as a drug to get high, even though it does not do this.
Start with sites like I Love Kratom dot Com or Kratom Bible is decent too.

Hope this helps someone....

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, do you have CRPS?

I have a friend who has this and she's been helped by a new laser therapy.

Good to see you again .. and I'm so happy you are better!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-Ohio
Member # 44364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-Ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI - from Scientific American's website:
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/should-kratom-be-legal/

--------------------
Ann-OH

Posts: 1584 | From Ohio | Registered: Aug 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know how I would have survived without kratom. I know it sounds extreme but this plant has saved my life.

All the hoopla about it being dangerous is overrated but it does require some respect. If you overdo it - it can make you nauseous and give you a stomach ache. It makes you feel kind of weird but it usually passes in a day or so.

It does build a tolerance so it's best to try to keep the dosages low as possible.

Also, the quality varies from vendor to vendor & the types have varying effects so you have to experiment. I find that Pukhet white vein is best for me but I alternate it from time to time.

Some vendors sell ground up who knows what so you have to be careful who you buy it from. There have been some people who present the herb as a supplement more than as a "legal high". This tactic didn't really work since there are some forces who want to make this plant illegal.

There are people attacking supplements as well as "legal highs" - so either way was problematic.

Fortunately, it's legal in my state. It really deserves more study and less knee jerk reactions from the peanut gallery...

I haven't experienced many negative effects unless I take too much. Even still - it's not as bad as some medications. I've been taking it for 2 or 3 years now almost every day. I probably wouldn't take so much if I wasn't in chronic pain but it's been a Godsend to me.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droid1226
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's an absolute life changing natural type of coffee plant. I tell everyone I can about it, very few listen. Red kratom does so much more for me than the strongest opiate. With almost zero side effect. I was able to taper off benzo's as well soooo much easier.

Green is a stimulant. Red is a relaxant. Yellow & white are in between.

Unfortunately, it's slowly being outlawed underneath our noses. My cousin is a pharmaceutical rep & he says it's definitely on many pain dr's and pharm company's radar. State by state is legislating against it because it's so effective for chronic illness. Thailand has actually handed out life sentences to people for possession of it because it put such a dent in their opiate business....lol. Astonishing that you can get life sentence or decades in jail for possessing a type of coffee plant.

I've written posts on it on here and there's very little interest which is sad because there's so many on here suffering right now that could benefit. I know people who've completely gotten there lives back to other's who take it just to get a break from the pain.

I probably overdo it but I have to just to keep my symptoms in check & continue to work.

Sparkle said it. When you overdue it on kratom, you get a stomach ache. But when you overdue it on an opiate or a pill, you risk your life.

It really is a miracle drug for so many but I've recommended it to people who I don't think gave it much of a chance or had some low quality stuff and they didn't like the way it made them feel.

I hope this thread triggers some people to go get some. Moon and kratomkings are both solid places to get it. If anyone knows of any other good places, please list them.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/droid1226/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing that's difficult is that they also made it very hard to get pharmaceutical pain meds...

They have passed new laws recently about oxycontin. Very small doses were very effective for me but I have not been able to find any doctor that will prescribe it. After taking kratom, I don't really need oxy.

The only drawback is that kratom is a stimulant. It's kind of hard to sleep when you take it. I get worse pain at night & it makes it hard to sleep.

I have given up trying to figure out all this ridiculousness... I think I read somewhere that they want people who got addicted to oxycontin to look for illegal opiates since they changed the laws about prescribing it. Big money is being made from heroin... They had a bumper crop from Afganistan, recently.

They used to hand out alot of oxycoontin to people. Then, they went in the opposite direction & stopped allowing it to be prescribed.

I don't really know what they expect people to do who are in chronic pain. I've been in pain for 18 years now. No doctor seems to know why but they don't want to treat it or give me what actually helps.

Before I became ill, I used to spend alot of time meditating. I was not into drugs. There's only so far you can try to distract yourself from chronic pain. It would be great if I knew the cause but I don't.

I've spent lots of money and tried hundreds of things... Everyone is different, though. What may help me, may make someone else feel weird. Kratom is not for everyone but it should be available if it helps.

Kratom is self-limiting because if you take too much - you know. It makes you feel weird. I don't know why some people panic or say they are addicted. I guess I'm not an addictive type of person. I just know it helps so I take it. If I wasn't in pain, I probably would still take it but not as much.

It has some very positive attributes but you have to treat it with respect like anything else.

Prohibition doesn't work. You have to look who is benefiting from the various schemes. Is it really about protecting people or making profits? We live in a world full of hypocrisy.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droid1226
Member # 34930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for droid1226     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr Phil in all his stupidity has a new episode that asks if Kava & Kratom are the new cocaine....

I seriously have no idea what he's talking about or if he's being paid by pharmaceutical companies or what.

I fall right asleep when I take kratom. If anything it's the new marijuana but not as strong, to me at least. Has no downside whatsoever except dizziness and maybe sleepiness or slight stimulation, but no more than a cup of coffee.

I appreciated when Dr. Phil did his episode on chronic lyme but after rewatching it, I noticed it was very backhanded and clear he thought it was a joke. Now he's running a smear campaign on something that is helping so many sick people. Sad.

--------------------

Posts: 1181 | From ohio | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
junebug6
Member # 45427

Icon 1 posted      Profile for junebug6     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From where do you buy/order your kratom? What is a reputable source/producer?

thanks

Posts: 10 | From Southern California | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

droid1226 - I found there are some varieties that are stimulating & some do make you sleepy. It depends on the type. I didn't like the one I tried that made me sleepy. It made me feel kind of weird & I wasn't expecting that. I thought it was an inferior product. IMHO - Most of the good ones are more stimulating but that has a downside.

They really vary depending on the source! Everyone is different, though.

junebug6 - send me a PM (click on the 2 people with the envelope icon above the post) & I'll send you a link for a good quality source. (I don't sell anything like this or make money off of referrals - I tried alot of different companies. I found one that I think is the best.)

faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sparkle7, can you post the link to the place you buy your kratom?

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
droid1226
Member # 34930

There's so many different kinds. kratomkings is very reputable.

I have a friend who loves yellow but it makes me really dizzy and is too stimulating. I like red only because it's very sedating. It helps so much with pain. I'm in the process of trying different vendors.

I've tried greenleafkratom.com & it's a great source. They have a "red relief" blend. It's the best I've found for pain. Hands down.

Moonkratom has the best value but they are always sold out or the site is down. When they are up, it's great. I can't handle anything but red from there. All there other types give me that weird, off feeling that Sparkle talks about.

Bikhuk is ok. They also have great prices but you must buy in bulk and it takes a week or two to get delivered.

--------------------

droid1226
Member # 34930

There's so many different kinds. kratomkings is very reputable.

I have a friend who loves yellow but it makes me really dizzy and is too stimulating. I like red only because it's very sedating. It helps so much with pain. I'm in the process of trying different vendors.

I've tried greenleafkratom.com & it's a great source. They have a "red relief" blend. It's the best I've found for pain. Hands down.

Moonkratom has the best value but they are always sold out or the site is down. When they are up, it's great. I can't handle anything but red from there. All there other types give me that weird, off feeling that Sparkle talks about.

Bikhuk is ok. They also have great prices but you must buy in bulk and it takes a week or two to get delivered.

--------------------

sparkle7
Member # 10397

The banks make it very hard for people to sell kratom. They have policies that do not allow merchants to get approval for selling what they think of as a "legal high". So, merchants lose their ability to take credit cards.

I've seen great companies go out of business due to harassment from ignorant, draconian policies.

I will send you a link but I don't want to post it. I cleared some messages so I should be able to get your PMs now.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Also- It probably best to stay away from the extracts. They will build your tolerance too quickly. You want to take as small amount as possible to be effective so you keep your tolerance level low. Start off with a very small amount to determine dosage. It takes about 45 minutes to feel the effects - so don't take too much at first.

This is how I do it but everyone has their own method...

2.5 TBS of kratom powder
juice of 1/2 of a lemon or lime
1 cup of boiling water

I put the kratom in a pyrex measuring cup then add the lemon or lime juice.

I stir it around and add the boiling water.

Let it steep and cool off.

You can try about 1/4 of a shot glass to begin with (approx. 1-2 TBS.). You can always take more if it's not effective enough. Wait about 45 minutes to see if you need more.

Keep the rest in the refrigerator in a jar. It keeps about 5-7 days if kept refrigerated.

If you take too much it will make you feel weird & nauseous or give you a stomach ache. It will pass in a few hours or a day depending on how sensitive you are. It's best to start slow and take more as needed.

Some people like to take it in capsules but I prefer the lemon & water method. Capsules can be convenient but the lemon helps to break down some of the constituents of the herb so it's more effective. Many people buy capsule makers & cap it themselves.

I keep the dry kratom in the freezer in a airtight bag. This preserves it if you live in a warm climate or it's the summer. You don't have to do this but if you buy alot & you want to keep it fresh - it's good to do this.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

PS - just want to mention that it tastes awful. If you take it as a tea - you probably will have to chase it with some juice like pineapple or something.
sparkle7
Member # 10397

One more thing I forgot to add - it works better on an empty stomach. If you have stomach problems - you may want to eat a little yogurt. Don't take it after eating a full meal. If you eat, it will diminish the effect.
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Here's a list of various vendors. I don't know which are good or not. It's helpful to get a sample pack & try out a few varieties to see what works best for you -

http://www.ilovekratom.com/kratom-vendors

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement