LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » ever wonder what we will do when this thing REALLY kicks in????????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ever wonder what we will do when this thing REALLY kicks in????????
LisaK
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so I know I am not always a "glass is half full" kinda gal, but ....

feeling especially ill the last couple of days has reawakened a giant in me.

what is going to happen when ALL THE PEOPLE in the land get this? get diagnosed with tick disease ? and no one can find a dr to help. when everyone will be going crazy with pain, or mental symptoms, and the sheer horror of this entire thing and the potnetial it has to destroy everything we know??????????????????????????????????

<breathing deep>

why can't this all just stop!!!!!
this madness end!!!

I am going to take valerian now...lots of it

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3377 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The rich ones will get help. The non-brain fogged will figure out buhner. The rest of us will suffer til we die

And drug and health insurance companies will live happily ever after

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13710 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ps. Im in a mood.

--------------------

Posts: 13710 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think so many are already suffering from it and it's just been labeled as some other disease.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 94522 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

I agree. Often its the all in your head disease

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think everyone's going to get it. A lot are going to escape this fate. Still, we do what we do for everyone's sake.
Posts: 12965 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I can't worry about that "global" stuff. I have to focus on what I can control and who I need to take care of.
Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LisaK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think global hysteria might ensue. just sayin.

like everyone getting super aggressive and killing for it. not knowing why. all that. killing over nonsense. going nuts. feeling helpless. and to even mention the lack of meds there will probable be.

not looking forward to the future even though I am trying to remain positive about my own story and how it will play out.

--------------------
Be thankful in all things- even difficult times and sickness and trials - because there is something GOOD to be seen

Posts: 3377 | From Eastern USA | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MADDOG
Member # 18

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MADDOG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fibromyalgia

Parkinsons

Cronic fatigue

MS

The list goes on and on what Lyme is called.

So it is carved up in smaller pieces!!!

MADDOG

Posts: 3802 | From Ohio | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duncan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duncan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chronic fatigue is a symptom. It is not a disease.

The disease is Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It is characterized a by cluster of debilitating symptoms that are almost identical to those caused by Borrelia.

Actually, the most commonly accepted acronym for CFS these days is ME/CFS, short for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

As everyone here knows about neuroborreliosis, Lyme patients too can be diagnosed with encephalomyelitis - although encephalopathy is more commonly diagnosed. We also have our share of myalgias.

Posts: 226 | From Unitied States | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

if CFS is a disease why don't they let you get a handicap plate to use on your car if you have it?

--------------------

duncan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duncan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool acid test. [Smile]
Posts: 226 | From Unitied States | Registered: Jul 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe this will get their attention in the UK.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3244080/SEBASTIAN-SHAKESPEARE-Billionaire-s-family-struck-Lyme-disease-Phones-4u-founder-admits-completely-devastating-diagnosis.html

Posts: 1273 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beaches
Member # 38251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for beaches     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really do believe that there is a subset of LD pts who have ME/CFS as a primary dx/cluster of sx.

And Lisa, what do you mean that "they" don't let you get a handicapped plate? Who are "they?" In my town, the doc fills out a form.

My doc told me "they" might not "accept" my dx. I was shocked. And, who the hell are "they???" Town employees with easy jobs and no medical background. And they're going to go up against me? Don't think so.

Posts: 1885 | From here | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duncan
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 46242

I agree, beaches. The lines criss-cross here and there, but that some Lyme patients have ME/CFS, and visa-versa, is just common sense.

Certainly one is not exclusive of the other

Where it gets interesting is trying to establish a relationship...Can Lyme lead to or trigger ME/CFS? Is ME/CFS unrecognized Borrelia? Does chronic Lyme equal the causative agent behind ME/CFS (e.g.,retrovirus?)plus Lyme?

A thing to keep in mind is that CFS is not chronic fatigue. CFS, or ME/CFS is a cluster of symptoms of which fatigue is just one - and often not the most significant. Many blame the CDC for mishandling that fiasco back around the same time as Lyme was being thrown under the bus...

LisaK
Member # 41384

beaches, when I asked a dr for the plate because of CFS she said they dn't give the plates for that.

was she wrong??????? ugh I need that plate!

--------------------

Madam Summerland
Member # 46894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madam Summerland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LisaK: I'm not Beach but I'll try to help.

It would depend on the extent of the patient's symptoms as far as I understand it. Did this doctor know your history or abilities well? I found the list (below the link after my babbling) on the DMV; You might want to check your specific state.

By the way, be sure it is in the doctor record that you requested one from your doctor. (I'd ask for a print-out of that doctor's visit). And also ask their specific reasons for not giving a placard (form or whatever you need). If they refuse without cause, then a fall (or other issue) happens where it could have been avoided if you had the placard, it's good to have it on record that you asked.

Sometimes just having it *on record* gets them to act a bit less ... jerky.

I have heard doctors SIGH and speak in a very dismissive tone about many patients unfortunately. If they don't respect you--keeping looking until you find one who does.

http://www.dmv.org/articles/what-qualifies-as-a-disability/

Quoting the above site:

Most states consider a driver disabled if they:

Don’t have full use of one or both arms.

Can’t walk a set number of feet without stopping to rest. Some states set this number as low as 50; others, as high as 200.

Can’t walk without using a cane, crutch, brace, prosthetic device, wheelchair, or the assistance of another person.

Have a Class III or Class IV cardiac condition, as set by the American Heart Association.

Must have portable oxygen to walk.

Have a visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye with correcting lenses.

Have a visual acuity of 20/200 but with a limited field of vision in which the widest diameter of the visual field subtends an angle of 20 degrees or less.

--------------------
--No, you can't ban all the chickens just because they ruined YOUR parade.

Posts: 17 | From Summerland | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LisaK
Member # 41384

thank you madam! the thing is that I didn't ask the dr. I called the office and the nurse on the phone told me no. hmmmm

this does help seeing that list. some days I definitely fit into the need to take a break walking after 20 feet.

it was my GP office I called also and even though my CFS is on that record, they don't really know me. I should ask another dr that knows what I am giong through a bit more. right. makes sense.

actually, I think I may have asked about fibromyalgia. that , I think, is what they said no to. o brother. I realize that I did mess up. I will call my one dr today and ask. thanks

--------------------

Madam Summerland
Member # 46894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Madam Summerland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very welcome!

--------------------
--No, you can't ban all the chickens just because they ruined YOUR parade.

Posts: 17 | From Summerland | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

© 1993-2020 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.