LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter




The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » lyme/ mold toxins and MSH - great article

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lyme/ mold toxins and MSH - great article
VB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may have been posted in the past and is apparently explained well in Mold Warriers (which I have not yet read), but just ran across the article below online and found it very informative so wanted to share.

Does anyone know of a reliable test that you can use in your home or office to check for environmental molds? Also, I am having the MSH and VEGF blood tests run (which LLMD indicates helps identify neurotoxin issues), but is there a specific test to see if you're genetically unable to detoxify well?

MOLD AND LYME TOXINS

Richard Loyd, Ph.D.

Mold toxins are found in foods such as grains and peanuts. Far more serious are the mold toxins found in buildings with water leaks.

Buildings with flat roofs and buildings on a concrete slab at the bottom of a hill are ready-made for mold problems.

Mold toxins are the most common of the biotoxins and are responsible for many of the symptoms of Lyme disease patients.

When a building has a water leak or water damage that is not immediately corrected, molds such as Stachybotrys, Aspergillus, Penicillium and Chaetomium are likely to start colonies.

The colonies may be visible or
they may be hidden in places such as the tops of ceiling tiles or the bottoms of carpets. They send out spores which contain potent nerve
toxins or neurotoxins.

When these spores with their neurotoxins are inhaled, about 76% of the population can make antibodies to the toxins and quickly eliminate them.

They may sneeze, have a sore throat or have other minor symptoms, but symptoms are temporary. If they spend several days in a moldy building,
they will begin to feel sick, but when they are away for a few days they recover. These same people are also able to eliminate Lyme toxins quickly.

About 24% of the population have a genetic makeup that makes them unable to produce the needed antibodies. The body simply does not identify the toxins as invaders and it does not eliminate them effectively.

The liver can send them to the digestive tract via the bile, but they are quickly reabsorbed back into the blood. The result is that continual or repeated exposures to mold toxins result in an ever increasing amount of these toxins in the body.

And if they have Lyme disease, Lyme toxins also
build up in the body the same way. These are the people that get very sick when they do frequency treatments for Lyme. FREQUENCY TREATMENTS
FOR LYME ARE NOT RECOMMENDED UNTIL THE TOXIN ISSUE IS ADDRESSED.

These mold and Lyme toxins attach to fat cells and cause the fat cells to continually release inflammatory cytokines. The result is chronic
inflammation with symptoms such as fatigue, pain, brain fog and out of control weight gain.

Sometimes there is excessive weight loss instead.
When a person has the flu, symptoms are not caused directly by the viruses. The symptoms are caused by the resulting cytokines. So mold and
Lyme toxins can cause symptoms similar to a permanent case of flu.

Cytokines also cause the release of a material called MMP9 that makes people feel terrible.

Cytokines also cause reduced circulation in small blood vessels with reduced oxygen and nutrients to the cells. This acts similarly to heart disease and any exercise can result in a crash that lasts for days.

Excess cytokines are also related to autoimmune problems. And autoimmune reactions are much more common in people with long arms - ``wingspan''
longer than their height.

Mold and Lyme toxin patients may make antibodies to myelin with resulting nerve damage. MS patients should be checked for mold and Lyme
toxins.

They may make antibodies to a material called cardiolipin. This causes blood to sludge. Hands and feet are often cold.

More commonly they make antibodies to gliadin which is a protein found in gluten. The result is an inability to tolerate gluten grains (wheat,
rye, oats, barley).

A diet high in sugar and in the starch amylose (wheat, rye, oats barley, rice, root vegetables, bananas) causes rapid blood sugar and insulin
spikes making things worse.

Some materials like dopamine and serotonin cannot cross the blood brain barrier (BBB). But the BBB does not slow down inflammatory cytokines at
all, so they enter the brain and block various receptor sites.

When the leptin receptor sites are blocked, leptin levels increase and leptin resistance is produced. The excess leptin packs fat into fat cells whereit stays until the toxins are removed. These people can gain weight on
1000 calories.

When leptin receptors are blocked, the production of a chemical called MSH is blocked. If MSH is low, melatonin production will be low, resulting in sleep problems. If MSH is low, endorphins will be low resulting in excess chronic pain.

MSH also controls pituitary hormone production and if MSH is low, there will be a loss of hormonal control. If cortisol is low, treatment should be to remove the neurotoxins. If cortisol is given, that depresses ACTH production and this can make the person's health much worse.

Anti-diuretic hormone production by the pituitary is often disrupted resulting in excess urination even to the point of dehydration and excess thirst and excess salt remaining in the blood.

When that happens,the person is a good conductor of electricity and may patients have problems with static electricity shocks. They may damage electronic equipment by touching it.

People who are low in MSH often have leaky gut which lets in more gliadin which causes more inflammation and further reduces MSH which
causes more leaky gut which lets in more gliadin.... In any case of bowel disease, mold and Lyme toxins should be checked.

Eighty percent of low MSH patients have colonization in their sinuses by a variety of bacteria called ``multiply antibiotic-resistant coagulase negative staph.'' In most people, this organism is fairly benign, but in low MSH patients it must be taken care of before they can feel good. Colloidal silver nose drops are a possibility.

Dr. Ritchie Shoemaker, M.D. uses Cholestyramine to remove the toxins. Cholestyramine causes bloating, digestive discomfort and constipation in
most patients.

We have experimented with plant sterols in the form of Cholestepure (2 X 3) with very good results and little or no negative effects. C-Food from Precision Herbs (4 X 3) also works well for toxin removal.

Plan on taking one to two months for this. Stay away from moldy places and moldy foods.

To reduce inflammation we have used a number of products such as Metagenics UltraInflamX, Kaprex, Kaprex AI, and Biotics KappArrest. Homeopathics for mold and Lyme would help.

If the molds are actually causing infection, a product called Immune Yeast and Fungus can be used along with a toxin removal program.

For much more information, see the book ``Mold Warriors'' by Dr. Shoemaker.

Posts: 453 | From TX | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered


Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks ! Will have to read it a few more times.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VB
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here's the actual link:

http://www.commandtheraven.com/?p=1205

Posts: 453 | From TX | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CD57
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11749

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CD57     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone actually successfully used Cholestepure and/or C Food, I'd like to know?
Posts: 3528 | From US | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations. If you would like to support the Network and the LymeNet system of Web services, please send your donations to:

The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey
907 Pebble Creek Court, Pennington, NJ 08534 USA


| Flash Discussion | Support Groups | On-Line Library
Legal Resources | Medical Abstracts | Newsletter | Books
Pictures | Site Search | Links | Help/Questions
About LymeNet | Contact Us

© 1993-2020 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to Terms and Conditions.