LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter




The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Need advice please - Claforan injections

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need advice please - Claforan injections
kellyjk4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19731

Icon 5 posted      Profile for kellyjk4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My LLMD wants me on Claforan injections twice a day for at least a month.

He is prescribing this because I have Pericarditis that is being very resistant to the medication my Cardiologist prescribed.

I had my first dose in my LLMD's office last Wednesday morning.

By Wednesday night, I had a migraine that wouldn't respond to Imitrex.

Since then, I have had a migraine every day and now my Trigeminal Neuralgia has kicked in too.

My LLMD said yesterday that I could:
a. wait until the headaches go away and start at a smaller dose, then work my way up

b. forget the shots and go back on oral antibiotics

He thinks this is a herx.

What would you do? I really wanted to do the shots, because I know it's a stronger, better method of getting the antibiotics in me.

But I can't have these headaches constantly either. I've been non-functional for a week now.

I'm not asking for medical advice, just what you personally would do.

--------------------
Take care -kelly
---------------

Posts: 330 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I would stick it out and continue the shots for at least another week.

It's a tough decision because I get migraines so I know how miserable and completely debilitating they are. But I would be more concerned about the pericarditis that is not responding to oral antibiotics. That's what would motivate me to at least try to continue the treatment a little longer.

Have you tried any migraine prophylaxis? Low dose Elavil or Topamax can be used. It might be something to consider if you get several migraines per month.

Hang in there Kelly. I hope this migraine lifts and you feel better soon [Smile]

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter just went through the worst herx since starting treatment. The main symptom was a horrible, debilitating headache. It lasted for nine days.


Personally, I would try for another week or so before giving up. Just my opinion-I am not a doctor.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
   

Quick Reply
Message:

HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins
   


Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:


Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3


The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations. If you would like to support the Network and the LymeNet system of Web services, please send your donations to:

The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey
907 Pebble Creek Court, Pennington, NJ 08534 USA


| Flash Discussion | Support Groups | On-Line Library
Legal Resources | Medical Abstracts | Newsletter | Books
Pictures | Site Search | Links | Help/Questions
About LymeNet | Contact Us

© 1993-2020 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to Terms and Conditions.