Just venting..I took my dog to his vet today and they had a scented candle lit. I asked them to put it out and they did. I tried to sit there figuring I could deal with it, but got woozy and foggy thinking after just a few minutes.
had to go sit in the car while my boyfriend did the appt. Had to talk to him a few times on the phone since I was the one prepared for the appt.I guess the office apologized to him and said next time call ahead and they will put the candle out before I get there.
Obviously they just don't get it, and I feel too exhausted to explain to them that we had to come home, put our clothes in the garage, and both shower to remove the chemicals. Plus I'll feel poorly for days.
Why do they need a scented candle in there anyway? When I worked in a hospital we weren't allowed to wear any fragrance because it affected immune compromised patients. Surely it can affect pet patients too.
I would think that if anyone had a problem with it they would just remove it, but I guess not. This is a holistic vet too. Guess I have to change vets which is too bad becuse my dog actually loves this place.
I know there are bigger problems to deal with, just needed to share with people who can understand. thanks for listening.
Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009
| IP: Logged |