This is topic alcohol killing parasites in forum Medical Questions at LymeNet Flash.


To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/116559

Posted by hopeforhealth (Member # 23673) on :
 
I am treating lyme/bart. but in the past months have discovered I have parasites. Some sort of worms with a sucker looking end. Anywhere from 1/2" to 10" long.

I did humaworm for 6 weeks, 2 rounds of an rx it was a 3 day treatment , and 3 days of ivermectin (did not tolerate) and still I had a worm in my stool this morning. I am waiting for my order of parastroy to come in the mail.

Honestly I think alcohol is killing them. I did not drink for 3 years after reading that I will not get better if I drink. Then on vacation I had a shot of rum (I thought screw it I'm not getting better anyways) The instant I took that shot my stomach started to burn, I couldn't eat and had severe stomach burning for 3 days and pooped out 3 worms. SInce then I have been passing them with the different treatments.

I have started having a glass of wine once a week, and honestly every time the next day I have one.

I am thinking of adding a glass of wine once a day as my new treatment protocol.

My body feels so relieved when one come out, my neuropathy improves immediately. It returns though.

Anyone else experience this? Is it just a coincidence?
 
Posted by gigimac (Member # 33353) on :
 
I have no idea if alcohol kills anything but this reminded me of a conversation I had with hubby the other day.

I was talking about how common parasites are and most people probably have them and don't know it and that I feel sure I have a parasite problem. He boasted that his regular alcohol consumption would kill any parasites and that was why he isn't sick and I am. LOL

Anyway, it would be interesting to research this further. I have not had a drink in 2 yrs and although I have never been a big drinker I do occasionally miss a nice mixed drink!
 
Posted by Keebler (Member # 12673) on :
 
-
Alcohol can FEED parasites.

ZERO alcohol is "allowed" when treating lyme.

It can torpedo the liver, the heart, the brain and all nerve cells. In addition, it can contribute to diabetes and those with lyme are more susceptible to developing diabetes.

For those with compromised Mucosal tissue (as with lyme) alcohol also eats away at the stomach lining-- and that can create "leaky gut," bleeding, affect possibilities of stomach cancer, and cause serious nutritional deficiencies.

Esophagus problems also increase in such a case.

On top of that, lyme really clobbers our livers to begin with. Some with lyme develop serious liver disease and that can be for life. For life.

Liver disease is horrible to live with. Just horrible.

Please do not add alcohol as a treatment. LATER, after in a good remission, you'll be able to enjoy it again, on occasion. But our bodies are so compromised now that I'd hate to see you get worse.

Do talk to your LLMD about this. Especially if you do it anyway, she/he would need to know as that will change the way the medicines will work with you (and maybe against your liver).

There are many other ways to address parasites. MANY. Please be safe. This is very important.
-
 
Posted by Keebler (Member # 12673) on :
 
-
If you contact Gael, glm111, she will have advice for you on other ways to address parasites. She's studied this at great length.

You can search for a post of hers say, within the past week . . . then just click onto her web name and send a PM.

First, you might want to read her posts. The past few weeks, she's outdone herself with some excellent posts.

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/search/search_forum/1

Search for posts from member: glm111
-
 
Posted by sixgoofykids (Member # 11141) on :
 
Maybe the alcohol is helping your stomach acid?

http://www.drdebe.com/stomach-acid-assessment.html
 
Posted by Keebler (Member # 12673) on :
 
-
I sent Gael a note. She replied back that she can't read this right now but will try later.

So, you don't have to search to send a PM but you might still want to search her past posts.
-
 
Posted by glm1111 (Member # 16556) on :
 
hope,

As keebler has stated drinking alcohol can be VERY detrimental when you are infected with Lyme. Seeing the worms come out in the stool, is what you want to happen.

The alcohol may have acted as an antagonist and helped it move down the G.I. track, but is NOT the answer in getting rid of them.

The antiparasitics you have been on was most probably doing the killing even if you haven't done any for a few days. You may want to consider taking extra cloves (Hanna kroeger has them) to kill the eggs and larva.

Some of these worms are laying up to 200,000 eggs a day. It can take several yrs to get rid of parasites depending on how infected you are.

You might also want to consider adding salt/c to your protocol, but if you do, ramp up very slowly and refer to the guidlines seen at lymestrategies.

Gael
 
Posted by dal123 (Member # 6313) on :
 
True Story- Man in a wheelchair was told by a friend ever clear alcohol would help him. he went to the liquor stor, bought a jug of Everclear alcohol. Three months lasted he walked into the liquor store astounded everyone with his cure. lady with salt and pepper like Tumors in her stomach ( per biopsy report) nixed surgery and started drinking a shot of ever clear am and pm. the Tumors went away!
 
Posted by Keebler (Member # 12673) on :
 
-
Had either of them had lyme, they probably would have died, after much pain.

It is beyond irresponsible to drink with lyme disease. It can lead to no good and the pain and debility can be so very retching.
-
 
Posted by RZR (Member # 20953) on :
 
I get very good results with coffee enemas. It must be the acid that kills the parasites. Every time I do an enema, I pass parasites the next day.

I have been on multiple herbs and pharmaceutical meds. I think they are very important to kill parasites in the bloodstream, but coffee enemas definitely help.
 
Posted by Lymedin2010 (Member # 34322) on :
 
I have to resurrect this one.

In April of this year I went to visit family and they had served me a home made pastry. Not to be rude I figured I would take a bite and get rid of the rest somehow.

After the first bite and some chewing I tasted some alcohol and questioned it. Sure enough there was some in there and I spat it out right away. I had an excuse and proclaimed that I cannot have alcohol with my ABX.

I did have some stuck to the back of my teeth and did swallow it. 3-4 hrs later I got an unwell feeling, then dizziness and nausea and as if I was going to pass out. I felt something coursing my veins and it felt like a big die off.

My heart started to palpitate and I became tired and lost energy. It felt similar to my first Amoxi pill (subsequent pills had no effect), also like Ivermectin and GSE, only applified.

What else can have such a profound effect that rapidly, than a die off.

I had called them the next asking what kind of liquor was in the pastry and it turns out it was rum.

I have a feeling that alcohol can kill the parasites more efficiently than any anti parasitic or ABX. I know 2 people that also got bit and are not sick, but they are occassiional heavy duty drinkers. Not only beer, but rum, vodka, J. Walker...etc.

If I had known better I would have drank more heavily and often. Now that I am sick it may not be such a good idea?

But you have to ask yourself, maybe people feel so bad after a drink because it really is causing a big die off?
 
Posted by In19944 (Member # 34272) on :
 
I don't think it's as deadly as some of the others on here do. I don't drink but Dr. Mc in The Lyme Diet says one glass of red wine/day is ok.

I think the biggest knock on alcohol is inhibiting glutathione production in the liver.

I don't think anyone can say for sure yes or no because we're all still sick trying to give others advice...I know that it doesn't work with me and my nervous system.

If I were to drink, it would be a highly distilled liquor or a high end red wine over just a beer. Something less toxic and without yeast.
 
Posted by mojo (Member # 9309) on :
 
I was a fairly heavy drinker prior to my Lyme dx and was full of parasites. It took a couple of years for me to get rid of them and it wasn't until I cleansed regularly until I got the issue under control.

I still rife and do regular cleanses.

I do think it's possible for alcohol to kill some parasites but I dont think it will erradicate the problem.
 
Posted by Lymedin2010 (Member # 34322) on :
 
Good to hear that Mojo. I wonder then if alcohol was good at killing just one specific and prevalent bacteria or parasite in me?

It definitely felt like a big die off.

Doesn't Teasel Root & some of the other herbs contain alcohol. Many report a big reaction to just one drop.

Makes you wonder though, maybe even a low dose of a powerful alcohol (starting at one drop), might prove beneficial?
 


Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3