This is topic Inquiring about a physician in forum Medical Questions at LymeNet Flash.

To visit this topic, use this URL:

Posted by Pamzilla (Member # 39506) on :
I was referred to a ID doctor by a pediatric ID doctor I work with.
How do I find out If he is someone I should see?
I know I am not to mention names.
Posted by Tincup (Member # 5829) on :
My thoughts...

I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than to go to a neurologist for Lyme.

I'd rather shoot myself in both feet than go to an ID doctor for Lyme.
Posted by Tincup (Member # 5829) on :
In the event you don't own a gun....

Call the office and ask the front desk directly (and nicely) if they treat CHRONIC Lyme disease.

That ought to be a fun few minutes. Good luck!
Posted by Robin123 (Member # 9197) on :
Ha - I managed to get a month's supply of oral antibiotics from the ID doc I saw - you could tell them that - that ID doc plus antibiotics can happen whenever the moon is in retrograde...

If you can tell by now, our advice here would be to ask in Seeking A Doctor if you need an LLMD referral -
Posted by hopingandpraying (Member # 9256) on :
I would avoid an ID doctor or any non Lyme-literate doctor!

You should be evaluated and treated by a Lyme-literate doctor.

Check the online state Lyme groups for referrals or questions at:

Maybe they can help you.

I think I sent you some names of Lyme-literate doctors before.
Posted by Lymetoo (Member # 743) on :
Moving to Seeking a Doctor

© 1993-2020 The Lyme Disease Network of New Jersey, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
Use of the LymeNet Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3