This is topic Head and Face pressure in forum Medical Questions at LymeNet Flash.

To visit this topic, use this URL:

Posted by Sadie (Member # 43615) on :
My head pressure is pretty much constant. And my face feels tight-- across my forehead and into sides of head. It feel like something is inside my sides of head and face-- like gobs of caulking or something etc. Does anyone have ideas which infection may be causing this?
Posted by Anissahope4healing (Member # 39221) on :
i get severe head pressure too and behind my eyes. I have read somewhere that it is one of the symptoms of Bartonella and also Lyme.

But my headaches are brutal. Have you had your blood tested for any vitamin deficiencies and co-infections?

Sorry you are going through this. I know how painful it feels and so do many others.
Posted by dbpei (Member # 33574) on :
Sadie, your post describes some of the sensations I have in my head and jaw. I also have tinnitus in both ears and the sound in my left ear (where I have lost almost all hearing) is a sizzling and electronic sound that seems to change with some of the squeezing sensations that are going on in there.

A cat scan did not show anything - except some small polyps and a benign cyst above my dental implant, which looks like it penetrated in my sinus. Panoramic x-ray looked okay too. I had ozone treatment almost 6 months ago. It didn't help.

I am using herbs to treat for possible parasites with Hanna Kroeger wormwood complex and small dose of salt c. Also taking samento and banderol - and 3 doses of cholestyramine per day in case this is being caused by mold toxins. This is no fun. [Frown]
Posted by Sadie (Member # 43615) on :
What vitamin deficiencies ?
I am on the methylation protocol .
Posted by Pocono Lyme (Member # 5939) on :
You described it very well. It is as thick as caulk.

I've been scoped multiple times, CT scans, MRIs, sinus surgery,...

For me it's inflammation caused by severe allergies which I was never bothered by pre Lyme.

My IgE level was a few points shy of 2,000. Normal being 0-100. It has been coming down steadily since switching from IVIG to doing subq immunoglobulin. Hizentra.

Have you had your immune system checked? Total IgG and subclasses 1,2,3 and 4. Also IgE.
My skin testing for allergies was also highly positive.
Posted by Sadie (Member # 43615) on :
Thanks for the reply to have immune system checked.
What is the IgG testing?etc.
I am doing treatment for a mold exposure-- but it isn't helping yet?
I have wondered if I need to do desensitization treatment to he mold? I am doing nasal antifungal, and various binders to remove mycotoxins. Haven't gotten any relief in many mos. Though.
Posted by Pocono Lyme (Member # 5939) on :
Sadie - It's simple blood work. The doctor orders Total IgG and subclasses 1,2,3 and 4 and IgE level.

I did antifungals with no relief. One immunologist I saw wouldn't do desensitization on me as he said I was very high risk for anaphylaxis.

I finally found an ENT who agreed to let me do sublingual immunotherapy. SLIT. Drops that you put under your tongue on a schedule. I did those for about 8 months with no help.

At times they made me worse.

If you haven't gotten relief in many months I would suggest trying something else. In addition to the blood work, maybe allergy testing would be in order?

Nasonex helped some as did doing sinus irrigation with Budesonide. (off label use). At least the crud will drain. Usually at 3 am though. [shake]

Sudafed gives a bit of relief. It can cause your blood pressure to go up so not good if you already have high blood pressure.

On another note, adrenal insufficiency can cause new allergies or worsening of allergies. I have that problem too.
Posted by GretaM (Member # 40917) on :
I had head pressuree also.

Bart treatment helped a ton!

IV lyme treatment helped also.

The remainder is related to parasites in my opinion.

I nasal wash with 1 cup of filtered water and 2 teaspoons xylitol.

It gets rid of mucus and also biofilms.

And once that's gone, the parasites have nowhere to hide.
Posted by GretaM (Member # 40917) on :
Sadie-I forgot to mention xylitol is deadly for dogs so be sure any drops or crystals from the nasal washing process aren't where any dogs can lick it up. It is sweet like antifreeze and just as deadly to dogs.
Posted by xrunnerx2012 (Member # 39306) on :
Head pressure is my number one symptom and has been for the past two years.

I know this is really hard to do, but you should try the candida diet and do it hard core. Absolutely no sugar, gluten, grains, nothing starchy or that grows in the ground.

Bartonella treatment, I thought, helped me. Now looking back I am not sure any Lyme treatment helped me.

I would also try Bio-Silver, Bentonite clay, and natural anti-fungals.

Now that I have started the diet, I am now going to add in Diflucan.

I have noticed a lot of difference in my head pressure... not sure if its just the normal cycle of waxing and waning or if it is actually working.

PS- the antifungals may not be doing anything if you don't change the diet. You are trying to kill it while feeding it at the same time, making the fungus or yeast much for angrier. Diet does not mean avoiding most gluten and sugar... it is avoiding absolutely everything that could potentially feed it, drinking tons of lemon water, exercising and sweating out the toxins. It is a huge lifestyle change.
Posted by surprise (Member # 34987) on :
Good post Xrunner. I am treating yeast, (and remain on yeast free gluten free diet)

and got very tight in my scalp and neck area, prompting a headache that Motrin couldn't relieve.

I went to an Asian massage place yesterday for a reflexology foot treatment, and they do your scalp, neck and shoulders.
Helped a ton, headache gone.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3