This is topic High indoor/outdoor MOLD levels... in forum Medical Questions at LymeNet Flash.


To visit this topic, use this URL:
https://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php/topic/1/132947

Posted by Jamers (Member # 28016) on :
 
I know I am having huge reactions to mold. I was fine until the weather changed here in N.C. and we got tons of rain. Everyday the weather channel says Mold levels are extremely high.

Here are my symptoms to mold exposure that gets worse when near air vents and such that circulates it or on very rainy days. Or when I leave the house especially in the car.

Dizzy
heart racing, fainting feeling
weakness
trembly feeling
Shortness of breath
POTS like symptoms

How can I cope? It's not like an allergy in the sense as it seems toxic to me. Is this a problem detoxing mycotoxins? What tests or treatments are available. I also react to coffee and recently read that mycotoxins are present in most coffee. Thanks for any advice or experiences.
 
Posted by Marnie (Member # 773) on :
 
Get to an allergist and start therapy.

Also...high histamine - low serotonin connections.

Also...for your house:

http://tinyurl.com/nrvyxfo

We have an IQ air machine (made in Switzerland)- $$$ - and the 3 filters are $$$ too. The first one lasts a year, the others, 2 years.

It was used in hospitals during the SARS outbreak.

We live in FL (high mold here too) and I get the car air vent - mold significance!

Your car:

http://cartech.about.com/od/Convenience-Comfort/fl/Car-Air-Purifiers.htm
 
Posted by lpkayak (Member # 5230) on :
 
Mold illness is not an allergy. Mold makes lyme worse and lyme makes mold worse

There are protocols that work but i cant post them here you can pm me for info

Some good info on mold/lyme connection was reported by scott in betterhealthguy.com
 
Posted by WPinVA (Member # 33581) on :
 
www.survivingmold.com
 
Posted by Jamers (Member # 28016) on :
 
Thank you all. I'm having a hard time this year, last year not so bad. But feeling very weak and heavy limbed today for some odd reason.
 
Posted by Marnie (Member # 773) on :
 
Definition
By Mayo Clinic Staff


If you have a mold allergy, your immune system overreacts when you breathe in mold spores. This triggers a cascade of reactions that lead to allergic symptoms.

Colorful PICTURE of mold hyphae and spores

growing on ragweed pollen:

http://tinyurl.com/of7phv2

"Differential release of serotonin and histamine from mast cells"


http://tinyurl.com/pbk6eol

(Bb is very dependent on tryptophan metabolites. You know serotonin comes FROM tryptophan, right?)

"These constructs manipulated the carboxyl regions of OspA, including the hypervariable region flanking the

conserved tryptophan 216 (Trp-216) present in OspA proteins."

http://jid.oxfordjournals.org/content/185/Supplement_1/S46.full

•Amitriptyline is a strong antihistamine.

http://tinyurl.com/ng6qzxx

http://tinyurl.com/o3l76gc = likely high histamine + undermethylated - worse because Bb causes homocysteine levels to go up:

"The Lyme disease spirochaete, Borrelia burgdorferi, produces the LuxS enzyme both in vivo and in vitro;

this enzyme catalyses the synthesis of homocysteine

and 4,5-dihydroxy-2,3-pentanedione (DPD) from a by-product of methylation reactions."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17600074

A metabolite of Claritin (histamine 1 blocker)blocks Mn from going into the cell. Bb is dependent on Mn-SOD (a mitochondrial antioxidant) to prevent ROS (reactive oxygen species) from damaging its lipoproteins.

Tritec = rantinidine bismuth citrate rids ALL forms of Bb from the GI track (ONLY). Rantinidine = Zantac...a H2 blocker.

"Tick Histamine Release Factor Is Critical for Ixodes scapularis Engorgement and Transmission of the Lyme Disease Agent"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2991271/
 
Posted by Jamers (Member # 28016) on :
 
Great information! Thanks Marnie!
 


Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3